Programming SmogBot: A Discord Bot for Smogon Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmogBot is a Discord bot dedicated to bringing up Smogon Analysis articles from the Strategy Dex. Thanks to this it becomes easier to easily access and cite Pokemon during conversations online.

The format for usage is as follows;
p!analysis <format> <pokemon>
What this bot will bring up consists of;
* Name
* Pokedex Number
* Short description
* Gender ratios
* Abilities (Updated for Gen 8)
* Stats (Updated for Gen 8)
* Link to Smogon Analysis
* Sprites for the Pokemon according to their generation, taken from the Dex's media folders.

Issues;
* Analysis heading doesn't fully capitalize the format (Gs instead of GS for example)
* Stats are strictly for Gen 8, so RoA format stats can be misleading. Eg. Cross-Gen stat buffs apply but aren't removed for past gens, Gen 1 Special Stat is not considered, etc.

Things to possibly add later;
* Notation for Hidden Abilities

Contact me on discord: @Caasi#0001
Huge thank you to Plague von Karma for making this come true ^^ without her i wouldn't have any chance on making this bot.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
After a good long time of this bot suffering from a bug that caused it to kinda not work(?), Caasi has fixed it. Thanks to people who reached out concerned about it, goes to show the effect this had on a bunch of people. Smogon Analyses and Pikalytics statistics are currently around as usual. Not sure what caused it to stop working as that's on Caasi's end, but the length of downtime was strictly our fault.

Smogon analyses are back up with the usual links and stuff. Works for RBY all the way to SwSh, though we still want to improve it. The new format is "p!analysis pokemon format", to clarify.
1598557376795.png

We've expanded our Pikalytics integration to include a Babiri.net link as well, something often put alongside the site. Here's an example with Dragapult. I'm really proud of what Caasi has done here.
1598560374911.png
1598560397096.png
1598560444503.png

We're aiming to add RBY 2k20 analyses for the RoA fans, as well as Smogon Usage Stats. This'll come at a later date!

Once again, sorry to all users who had to put up with the downtime.

Last edited:

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
SmogBot is now being hosted 24/7! It should have been a while ago, but regardless, the bot is significantly more reliable. A bunch of bugs have been fixed as well, such as not making the bot case-sensitive.

We've also added a MoveDex, which will give links to the Smogon Strategy Dex and Pokemon Database!
1604843699880.png

Still got a lot to work on, so feel free to give feedback.

The biggest update by far.
SmogBot can now offer quizzes, challenges, profile creation and customizable prefix for your own guild.
If you enjoy this bot, then I highly suggest to vote it on top.gg!
This will help SmogBot grow even further beyond!

https://top.gg/bot/662035481713836072/vote

• Quizzes, alright how does this work you might ask. It's simple, from quizzes, everytime you guess the pokemon that appears, you get pokecoins. Currently pokecoins aren't usable, but I will allow it in the future. Assuming you have the default prefix set, in order to start do as following:

p!quiz, you'll have 20s to guess to pokemon that appears, if you guess wrong, then you obviously lose, guess correctly and you get pokecoins.
    p!challenge <cries> or <gen number>:
    • Cries: from cries, you get a cry recording, and you have to guess which pokemon it is. There is no time limit on this.
      Usage: p!challenge <cries>

• Gen number: from gen number, you get to do an ironman of the specific gen you chose, so if you chose gen 1, you'll have to guess all the gen 1 pokemons in dex order, fail one and you gotta start from the start. This cost 1500 pokecoins. Usage: p!challenge <gen number>
  • Profile customization, this is by far the coolest shit I've ever made. You get to make your own profile card, YOUR OWN PLAYER CARD!!! From selecting your gender, to your favourite pokemon, all will be placed in your embed. Usage: p!profile and follow the instructions below from SmogBot.

• Customizable prefix, as it says, you get to choose a guild prefix for your guild (server). Usage: p!prefix <guild prefix>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)