Resource SM RU Simple Questions, Simple Answers

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Is baton pass banned because of it's status in UU? I don't see why it would be because RU is different than UU.
I believe a few have mentioned this over the past month or so, but I'm pretty sure that even tho it's banned currently, it'll be revisted at some point since Beta has started and we're able to begin making our own tiering decisions.

Yo, since this part of the forum is now new plus the fact that I've never played in the RU tier in a serious manner, I've decided to get into it this Gen. With that being said, I do have a few question that I would like to be answered, as I am new to the RU tier.

1. What makes the RU tier different from the tier that are aboves us?
2. Why should I play this Tier alongside my main tier, OU and Ubers?
3. How large or small is the size of the RU tiers' community?
4. Lastly, What kind of play-styles were dominant last Gen, and which will stay as the superior styles while others die out to newer predicted styles?

Yo, since this part of the forum is now new plus the fact that I've never played in the RU tier in a serious manner, I've decided to get into it this Gen. With that being said, I do have a few question that I would like to be answered, as I am new to the RU tier.

4. Lastly, What kind of play-styles were dominant last Gen, and which will stay as the superior styles while others die out to newer predicted styles?
As somebody who has regularly played UU since BW2 and started playing RU last year, one of the best parts is that it is more variable. Some lower mons can be viable, too. So ypu have a lot more options and niches to fill.

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

1. The fact that we worship Alomomola as the God. Jokes aside, RU has more variety than the above tiers
2. Because this tier is fun and balanced!!!
3. RU has a relatively smaller community compared to UU, but if you're active in RU room and discord you'd be known and appreciated easily
4. Last gen the best playstyle was imo balance, especially Alomomola / Venusaur, there were RegiMola cores too, as well as Esavalier being a God. It's too early to say which playstyle will be dominant in SM RU, but for now, offense seems to be very good (mainly due to the number of threats), but balance and stall will be equally good in the long run (at least that's what we're hoping)

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Why are drizzle and baton pass both banned in RU beta?
They were banned by UU. It's possible that baton pass will be revisited, but I find it very unlikely that drizzle will be revisited so long as Kingdra is here. Drizzle was already extremely powerful in Alpha before UU banned it and that was without Kingdra

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Cause questions similar to it keep getting asked: yes we will be quick banning things. No, I can't tell you if x pokemon will be quickbanned.

any thoughts on quickbanning druddigon?
This is the one Druddigon joke I'm allowing in this thread unless its posted by TROP. Keep that in mind.

If you want to post about things you think are potentially issues in the current meta, please make a quality post in the current NP thread, thank you :).

Besides knock off, is there any reason to use z-splash over a physical critdra set?
Critdra works best on a Special set due to its ability to abuse Draco Meteor without minding the Special Attack Drop. If you'd really want a physical set, you would probably be better off using a Dragon Dance set, coupled with Waterfall, Outrage and either Substitute or Rest with Leftovers and Chesto Berry, respectively. I don't feel Z-Splash is that workable from what I seen, unless you use Rain. Even then, rain teams could probably a better mon to use the Z-slot such as Omastar or a Memento user.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)