SM RU Reservation Index

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that this is not on the reservation index, but I would like to reserve Topsy Turvy Malamar.

Do I have to appeal to a mod? If so, how would I do that?

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I know that this is not on the reservation index, but I would like to reserve Topsy Turvy Malamar.

Do I have to appeal to a mod? If so, how would I do that?
Malamar just doesn't seem viable enough to warrant an analysis here (or indeed, in any other tier), so this is a highly unlikely proposition. Even if Malamar can somehow survive a boosted attack (which it usually can't), I cannot think of a situation where I would use this to check a setup sweeper that isn't done leagues better by something else (usually something that can actually KO the threat in question, or can outlast the threat with recovery like Haze Milotic or Unaware Pyukumuku/Quagsire), and I certainly don't deem this set remotely consistent enough to respond to a variety of setup sweepers in RU.

I noticed in your prior messages that you've also attempted to suggest an analysis for Ingrain Celesteela in Ubers, which was understandably turned down, as well as the fact that you brought up this very Malamar set in UU. I suggest you lurk a bit more and learn the nuances of a particular tier before putting forth theorycrafted sets that only seem to "work" in a vacuum but fail to take into account how (poorly) that set interacts with the rest of the metagame.

Edit: diamondsword92, btw , don't try to bring up this set in NU either; NU of all tiers has already taken into account what Malamar can do and as one of the NU QCs, I can assure you that Topsy Turvy Malamar is nothing more than a gimmick there as well.

Malamar just doesn't seem viable enough to warrant an analysis here (or indeed, in any other tier), so this is a highly unlikely proposition. Even if Malamar can somehow survive a boosted attack (which it usually can't), I cannot think of a situation where I would use this to check a setup sweeper that isn't done leagues better by something else (usually something that can actually KO the threat in question, or can outlast the threat with recovery like Haze Milotic or Unaware Pyukumuku/Quagsire), and I certainly don't deem this set remotely consistent enough to respond to a variety of setup sweepers in RU.

I noticed in your prior messages that you've also attempted to suggest an analysis for Ingrain Celesteela in Ubers, which was understandably turned down, as well as the fact that you brought up this very Malamar set in UU. I suggest you lurk a bit more and learn the nuances of a particular tier before putting forth theorycrafted sets that only seem to "work" in a vacuum but fail to take into account how (poorly) that set interacts with the rest of the metagame.

Edit: diamondsword92, btw , don't try to bring up this set in NU either; NU of all tiers has already taken into account what Malamar can do and as one of the NU QCs, I can assure you that Topsy Turvy Malamar is nothing more than a gimmick there as well.
ok. I am sorry.

Pinboim3

Rain days are the worst
I will be taking Alolan Marowak and Zygarde-10%.

okay on marowak, you are not approved on zygarde

Last edited by a moderator:
[10:34 AM] Sage: dropping mantine not gonna have time soz
[11:30 AM] CryoGyro: i can take it if nobody else really wants it
[5:51 PM] neferpitou: Go

no objections in 24+ hours so bop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)