Project SM OU Teambuilding Workshop 2019 [Open!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, Im looking for help getting a team together. I know I want to use mawile and possibly gliscor but gliscors set can be changed if needed. Any help is appriciated!

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 52 Def / 76 SpD / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roost

PINK (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

CORE (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock/Heal Bell
- Wish/Soft-Boiled

Trying to get team based around the PINK CORE together. I've experimented with physical check/pivots like Lando-T and trappers like band Weaville and Magnezone but nothing's really stuck yet. Chansey is mostly of a defensive pivot to keep switches healthy so I'd prefer to keep this to the offensive side of balance, if not full offensive.

Would love help with a team featuring Blacephalon. Specs Ceph sweeping sounds like a Blast. I appreciate it a lot.

Blacephalon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Ground/ Hidden Power Grass
- Trick

I'm interested in a Serperior + [insert wallbreaker] core.

Serp seems pretty good right now since Rotom, which it completely shits on, is very common, rain is being spammed, and fat grasses have died down somewhat. Glare is fantastic as always for shutting down Torn-T and Heatran and honestly anything that wants to switch into that busted-ass move. Glare pairs well with slower breakers that appreciate their revenge-killers being neutered.

Either Sub or Scarf sets work so I'll leave both:

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Substitute
-Glare
-Leaf Storm
-Hidden Power Fire

Serperior @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD/ 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Glare
-Leaf Storm
-Hidden Power Fire / Knock Off
-Hidden Power Fire / Defog

I'd love to see your takes on a Gen 7 Sand Team. I've been messing around with Sand Rush Excadrill and TTar but I'd be cool with either TTar or Hippo:

This is my favorite exca set but I'm cool with whatever:

Excadrill @ Life Orb/Steelium-Z
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin/Rock Slide

Thanks in advance!

A Scolipede using the following set would be great, this is my favourite set to run.

Scolipede @ Waterium Z
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Poison Jab
- Aqua Tail

I feel like with a team built right, it can give Scolipede a chance to build up his Swords Dance and Speed Boost, making his 3 attacks powerful and hit well. I think this set has great potential if placed in a team that lets Scolipede build up his SD and SB, making it easy to OHKO or come close to OHKO. Scolipede only seems to work well with hyper offensive teams, and I'd like for him to be a physical sweeper.

I have returned to playing Pokémon after a while and wonder if any builders could potentially make this idea work:

+
+ Wish
Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Iron Head

The idea behind this core is simple: Lando-T and Mag can pivot most metagame threats; however, they tend to get worn down over the course of a match as these mons don't have access to reliable recovery. Wish would somewhat alleviate this. The team would most likely end up as some form of balance or BO. Feel free to change the sets as they are just placeholder.

First off, I just wanna say that this core is likely a bit standard, but it jumped out to me when I saw it. Would love to see a team built around it. Mostly because I'm trash at team building lol

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Fleur Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

Latios-Mega @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Recover
- Earthquake

I know that heatran is a big counter to these two, but not to sure what to use to get around it. Preferably, I like bulky offense, but I'd not be apposed to trying hyper offense. But in the end, it's up to the builder to find a good role for the pokemon, I'd be happy with having these two on my team. :)

Thanks!

Hi, id like a team built around Mega Scizor and Garchomp.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Knock Off

Garchomp (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Also, I've found this Thundurus-T set useful for removing things like rotom-w and bulky steel types.
Thundurus-Therian @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Focus Blast

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hi! I was thinking recently about the potential that specs Primarina could have against rain teams, OHKO-ing mega-swampert with hydro pump thanks to the rain that they put up, and them having no switchin to Moonblast besides Ferrothorn.

So I'd like a team centered around Specs Primarina with Moonblast and Hydro Pump that could really give rain teams a rough time and still be decent against other popular teams (like kokolucha).

Thanks guys really appreciate what you do here :)
A Pokémon can only be requested if it's listed somewhere on the Viability Rankings thread. Exceptions can be made with prior approval from the host

Greetings! Right now I'd like to start playing in OU (I'm more so a Mix and Mega player)
I really want to give Mega Gyarados a try, since its my favorite Mega Evolution.
I obviously want to use a Dragon Dance set, but I'm not sure if either a 3 Attacks or a Sub DD would be better for the current meta.
As for the archetype, I'm looking for a Balanced team (although a Spikes-stacking offense is okay to me as well)
Feel free to use the mons you want for the team:]
Thank you so much in advance!

If this isn't dead then I'd like to see if someone can make a sd gliscor team work. It's mostly seen as a support pick in the usm meta however it has huge potential as a wincon as displayed by the oras meta where it is arguably the second best pokemon in the tier. Don't force a team if nothing comes to mind, I'm just curious if someone has an idea

Hello I'd like a team that could make Gengar work :] Bulky offense or Balance preferably. Any set will do, although I like scarf and Z-move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)