Greninja @ Groundium Z
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dig
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Spikes

252 Atk Protean Greninja Tectonic Rage (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 28 Def Magearna: 366-432 (100.8 - 119%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Shuca Berry is being taken into account in the Magearna set as one of the possible items (either that or Fairium Z), so this'll only work for the Fairium Z variant.

Kyurem @ Metronome / Groundium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Roost

Pain Split doesn't work against Pokemon behind a Substitute, and Earth Power with Metronome can slowly wear Magearna down. Sub + Pressure can also potentially PP stall Fleur Cannon. Alternatively, Groundium Z can be used to immediately nuke Magearna when if switches in (tamahome used it in spl x r1) and just solves the problem.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Kyurem @ Metronome / Groundium Z
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Roost
This set isn't really a lure, considering that it's by far the most used and viable Kyurem-N set at the moment, I would go for something else entirely personally.
This may not work, but I'mma try. Reserving Clefable.
This has been sitting for a while and not been done, so I'll post a set for it.

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Soft-Boiled

Life Orb Clefable is one of my favorite lures to use in the current metagame. With the departure of Zygarde from the metagame, Clefable has the freedom to run sets that diverse from the standard physically defensive utility set, and this is one of my preferred sets. This set obviously outspeeds Magearna, lures it in, and smashes it with Fire Blast. Fairly self explanatory lure here and a set that I definitely recommend trying out.

Small change - We decided that we prefer the format Threats to OU Core's uses for analysis, so we'll be using that from here on out.

Highlights

Threat of the Round:

: LO Clefable is slept on rn and it's definitely the best submission for this round.

Additional Notes:

: Magearna's not a switchin to Kyurem so it won't be archived.

Round 42: Offensive Stealth Rock Kommo-o
Deadline: 9th of March

Kommo-o @ Kommonium Z
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Clanging Scales
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab

Kommo-o has been rising in popularity for a while now, and this set is the new addition to Kommo-o's arsenal. It's very threatening offensively, even having the ability to clean with the omniboost from the Z-Move, while also having some pretty great defensive utility in the tier. How would you lure it?​

Last edited:

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Magic Coat

Standard Toxapex, doing standard Toxapex things. However, the tech here is that Magic Coat bounces back possible Taunts and Stealth Rocks, scouts for something trying to click Taunt, and blocks choice-locked spikers like Ash Greninja.

Last edited:
Reseving ice beam ash gren if that counts ?

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Ice Beam

While losing spikes is a negative on Gren and teambuilding with it, Ice Beam is a nice option for hitting both Grass and Dragon types, that rely on there typing to switch in to Gren, as its not commonly ran enough to be worth scouting most of the time.
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Kommo-o: 240-284 (82.1 - 97.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 32 SpD Hydreigon: 264-312 (81.2 - 96%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tangrowth: 180-214 (44.6 - 53.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 216+ SpD Amoonguss: 214-254 (49.6 - 58.9%) -- 73.4% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Tapu Bulu: 186-220 (54.2 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock, Leftovers recovery, and Grassy Terrain recovery

Last edited:

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion

Heatran @ Steelium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Lava Plume / Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock / Taunt

OHKOes Kommo-o on the switch w/ ZSteel after rocks.

Last edited:
Psychic Specs Blacephalon

Blacephalon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat / Mind Blown
- Psychic

Kommo-o is one of the few mons that can confidently pivot into Blacephalon, being immune to Shadow Ball and resisting fire. Also, as a rocks setter Kommo-o will actively be looking for opportunities to set them up, so its switch-in is highly probable. Specs Blacephalon normally runs double fire STAB and Trick so Psychic can catch it off guard:
252 SpA Choice Specs Blacephalon Psychic vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Kommo-o: 316-372 (108.2 - 127.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Psychic can also be useful for Pex. Trick is useful as well, so a set with Fire Blast as the only fire move (a mid ground bettween Flamethower and the nukes) is an option.

Steelium Z Kartana

Kartana @ Steelium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike

It's not as common of a set as Grassium Z or Fightinium Z, but Corkscrew Crash does a ton of damage to this set even when unboosted, only needing the smallest amount of chip damage to secure the OHKO. In a situation where Kartana uses Corkscrew Crash vs a Kommo-o at 100% health and it happens to live the roll (a roll that's in Kartana's favor btw thanks to Kommo-o's Hasty nature), a few things could happen. One, Kommo-o sets up rocks predicting Kartana to switch out, which leaves it vulnerable to Kartana's next attack, or two, Kommo-o uses Close Combat to knock out the Kartana, but leaves it prone to being revenge-killed and rocks don't go up.

252 Atk Kartana Corkscrew Crash (140 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0- Def Kommo-o: 270-318 (92.4 - 108.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Kartana Corkscrew Crash (140 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0- Def Kommo-o: 270-318 (92.4 - 108.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Corkscrew Crash is also great against AV Tangrowth, Tornadus-T on the switch, Mega Venusaur, Amoonguss, and Mega Latias.

Highlights

Threat of the Round:

: Ice Beam isn't seen much anymore - this would definitely catch me offguard.

Additional Notes:

: Kommo-o isn't staying in to get Rocks up on Pex, if it gets burned or Toxiced it's fucked - it gets them up on the switch, so this doesn't work. You'd much rather have any of the other good utility options Toxapex has. This won't be archived.
: Kommo-o isn't a switchin to Kartana. This also won't be archived (I'll get round to updating the archive at some point I promise).

Round 43: TankChomp
Deadline: 17th of March

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Toxic

This set's been solid for a good while now, being a fantastic blanket check to physical threats in general thanks to the serious chip it can amount with Rocky Helmet + Rough Skin. How would you lure it?​

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Heatran @ Steelium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

TankChomp is probably the best Tran answer with Zygarde being gone, but ZSteel bops it on the switch. While it doesnt eliminate the land shark, it will neuter its ability to check other things as well as Heatran itself.

252+ SpA Heatran Corkscrew Crash (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 330-388 (78.5 - 92.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive / Hasty Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Glaciate
- Zen Headbutt

Garchomp would most likely switch into Choice Band Victini because it's able to take all of its moves, punish it via Rough Skin, and force it out due to outspeeding it. However, Glaciate with a Naive or Hasty nature will allow Victini to do enough damage to 2HKO Garchomp, and Glaciate's effect of lowering Speed by one stage without fail means that Victini will outspeed Garchomp, reversing which Pokemon is actually forced out. Jolly is still efficient, but the chance of 2HKOing is not guaranteed unless Garchomp suffered some prior damage. Additionally, Glaciate is also useful against Landorus-T and Gliscor that also try to switch in on Victini. Choice Scarf Landorus-T additionally will fail to outspeed Victini after suffering Glaciate's Speed drop.
Versus Garchomp
4 SpA Victini Glaciate vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 216-256 (51.4 - 60.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4- SpA Victini Glaciate vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 196-232 (46.6 - 55.2%) -- 67.6% chance to 2HKO
Versus Defensive Landorus-T
4 SpA Victini Glaciate vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 228-272 (59.6 - 71.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
4- SpA Victini Glaciate vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 204-244 (53.4 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Versus Stealth Rock Gliscor
4 SpA Victini Glaciate vs. 244 HP / 108 SpD Gliscor: 208-248 (59 - 70.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
4- SpA Victini Glaciate vs. 244 HP / 108 SpD Gliscor: 188-224 (53.4 - 63.6%) -- 84.8% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal

Last edited:

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Punch

Even though DD Tyranitar runs Ice Punch, SR sets almost never use It because they need rocks, STAB, something to hit steel types and Pursuit. So, once your opponent realizes that you are bulky Chomp becomes a safe switch-in. However, I think that one can weigh the utility of Pursuit and Ice Punch. In my experience with this mon I found myself more often wanting to hit the ground types that always forced me out than actually wanting to trap things (you are generally forcing out Torns and Zapdos, and touching those is, well...). Ice Punch can be more solid depending on the team, with things like Excadrill or Kartana you really want to get rid of the Lando, or even this Tankchomp, as early as possible, and this bulky breaker can do that for them.

252+ Atk Tyranitar-Mega Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Garchomp: 448-528 (106.6 - 125.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power Ice
- Roost

Garchomp is a decent switch-in to Mega Charizard Y, as it resists Fire, although it cannot do much but Toxic it in return. However, Hidden Power Ice on Mega Charizard Y is quite underrated, as it can nail common Ground-types like Garchomp and Lando-T without risking Scarf Stone Edge from LandoT or other Garchomp sets that bring Stone Edge. One should make sure, however, that the team has a solid answer or check to Heatran and Tyranitar, such as Garchomp or Water-types, as Hidden Power Ice forces Mega Charizard Y to forgo Focus Blast, thus failing to hit Heatran or Tyranitar.

Highlights

Threat of the Round:

: TankChomp is often used to pressure standard Mega Tyranitar, but Ice Punch can really pressure it well in return.

Additional Notes:

: Like you said, Garchomp just can't really do a lot to it; there's very little reason to run Hidden Power Ice.

Round 44: Mega Scizor
Deadline: 24th of March

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Knock Off / Superpower

Mega Scizor has been a pretty consistent Pokemon for a while now. This Pokemon has already been done before but me and Mellow agreed that the lures aren't effective in today's metagame.​

Reserving HP Fire Zam

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast
- Recover / Shadow Ball / Knock Off

This Mega Scizor is more intended to help against special attackers and Mega Alakazam (also Magearna) is perhaps its main target. Now that Scizor can easily pivot into Focus Blast and most likely wall you HP Fire becomes an option to catch it on the switch. It also hits Ferrothorn and Celesteela with perfect accuracy. Losing Shadow Ball makes Jirachi and Psychic types in general harder to break, so a Pursuit trapper could be a good partner to fix that; also, a four attacks set is possible as a cleaner if the team is more offensively oriented and/or has something else to pivot into Heatran.

252 SpA Alakazam-Mega Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 244 SpD Scizor-Mega: 264-312 (76.9 - 90.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 140 Atk / 172 SpA / 196 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

While a bit unorthodox, this variant of Scarf Lando-T allows it to 2HKO this specific Mega Scizor with HP Fire, preventing it from roosting off the damage Lando typically relies on with EQ, and continue to pivot in and out of battle like it normally does. While it does lose some Physical Attacking power to allow it to still outspeed Timid Mega-Alakazam AND pressure out Mega-Scizor at the same time, this Lando-T still does good work, comfortably 2HKOing AV Magearna (or 81.3% to OHKO Shift Gear Mag) as well and OHKOing Kartana. Additional hazard support also helps this Lando-T significantly.

172 SpA Landorus-Therian Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 244 SpD Scizor-Mega: 172-204 (50.1 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (both with and w/o Stealth Rocks).

172 SpA Landorus-Therian Hidden Power Fire vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Kartana: 508-600 (195.3 - 230.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

140 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 294-348 (97.6 - 115.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO (Guaranteed OHKO w SR)

140 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 294-348 (80.9 - 95.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Hasty / Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm / Hidden Power Fire
- Earth Power / Hidden Power Fire
- Protect
It is known that Mega Diancie would sometimes run Hidden Power Fire, but the the move forces it to give up one of its other more valuable moves, making it less expected, and the temptation to switch into Mega Scizor to Bullet Punch would be high. These combined factors make Mega Diancie a solid lure for Mega Scizor. Additionally, it can also hit Ferrothorn and Kartana lacking Choice Scarf (unless it hard switches in, which is unlikely in the first place).

Last edited:

Latios-Mega @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power Fire
- Ice Beam
- Recover

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
Everything that's been posted thus far has been fairly standard/stuff that people tend to scout for beforehand anyways, so let me throw my hat in the ring with a more fringe set that I've used for fun occasionally.

Weavile (M) @ Bluk Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Natural Gift
- Ice Shard

SD Natural Gift Weavile is a funny set that I've used in the past as a lure for Magearna in tandem with Choice Scarf Tapu Lele, but it also works here as a lure for Mega Scizor. Obviously, if you SD as Mega Scizor comes in, it's likely going to just BP anyways to avoid some random lure, so the objective here is to smack it with Natural Gift on the switch, severely weakening it into the point of most moves, it's just preferable to have SR up when you do this. Obviously this isn't the best set and can't even run Icicle Crash due to Natural Gift's weird legalities, but it's a fun set nonetheless that can work as a (semi) effective lure for Mega Scizor.

Tapu Bulu @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Horn Leech
- Swords Dance

A popular set in the first half of SunMoon, its rarely seen now, and with SD Spdef being its most popular set, it gives it a nice veil to hide behind somewhat (no lefties might give it away, though I have used Spdef Zmove a lot which M.Scizor can deal with). It can SD on the switch, and severely dent M.Scizor, or KO after rocks. Its also chunks more defensive invested Scizor, as well as slapping Celesteela, Tangrowth at +2 and Heatran off the bat. The speed is nice to stop Rotom-W and Magnezone from being annoying, though more bulk can be ran to better check Ash Gren. Also nice for Skarm and M.Aggron on stalls, though they have other answers.
+2 252+ Atk Tapu Bulu All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 16+ Def Scizor-Mega: 305-359 (88.9 - 104.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

+2 252+ Atk Tapu Bulu All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 16+ Def Scizor-Mega: 305-359 (88.9 - 104.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Grassy Terrain recovery

+2 252+ Atk Tapu Bulu All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 244+ Def Scizor-Mega: 259-305 (75.5 - 88.9%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Grassy Terrain recovery

+2 252+ Atk Tapu Bulu All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 28 Def Celesteela: 430-507 (108.3 - 127.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Tapu Bulu All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Tangrowth: 372-438 (92.3 - 108.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Grassy Terrain recovery

252+ Atk Tapu Bulu All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 432-510 (111.9 - 132.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery

Edit:
As Martin said, I bit of bulk is probably better for the set, allowing to easier check the likes of Ash Gren and Koko. Listed a few speed tiers below to help be more customisable to your team. Also Jolly is an interesting option, while losing a bit of power, it allows you to run even more bulk while hitting potentially important speed tiers. Despite the attack loss, M.Scizor is still severally dented enough, and even has a 50/50 chance to be ohkoed after Rocks.

32 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 220 Spe
Adamant
Outpaces Adamant M.Swampert and Timid Magnezone

80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant
Outpaces Modest Magearna and Jolly Crawdaunt

112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant
Outpaces Adamant Tyranitar and Modest Magnezone

200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant
Outpaces Adamant M.Mawile

120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Jolly
Outpaces Adamant M.Swampert and Timid Magnezone

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Tapu Bulu @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Horn Leech
- Swords Dance

A popular set in the first half of SunMoon, its rarely seen now, and with SD Spdef being its most popular set, it gives it a nice veil to hide behind somewhat (no lefties might give it away, though I have used Spdef Zmove a lot which M.Scizor can deal with). It can SD on the switch, and severely dent M.Scizor, or KO after rocks. Its also chunks more defensive invested Scizor, as well as slapping Celesteela, Tangrowth at +2 and Heatran off the bat. The speed is nice to stop Rotom-W and Magnezone from being annoying, though more bulk can be ran to better check Ash Gren. Also nice for Skarm and M.Aggron on stalls, though they have other answers.
+2 252+ Atk Tapu Bulu All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 16+ Def Scizor-Mega: 305-359 (88.9 - 104.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

+2 252+ Atk Tapu Bulu All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 16+ Def Scizor-Mega: 305-359 (88.9 - 104.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Grassy Terrain recovery

+2 252+ Atk Tapu Bulu All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 244+ Def Scizor-Mega: 259-305 (75.5 - 88.9%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Grassy Terrain recovery

+2 252+ Atk Tapu Bulu All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 28 Def Celesteela: 430-507 (108.3 - 127.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Tapu Bulu All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Tangrowth: 372-438 (92.3 - 108.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Grassy Terrain recovery

252+ Atk Tapu Bulu All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 432-510 (111.9 - 132.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery
SD+Fight Z Bulu’s nice but I don’t think that max speed really achieves a lot with how I understand the meta right now, and I think that a set with a little bulk probably functions a little better. The CB spread (84 HP / 248 Atk / 176 Spe adamant) is probably a good baseline, although really it’s worth experimenting a little as I think a near max hp spread (with atk still maximised obvi) could work to better bluff SpD SD and to take Bullet Punch more comfortably; either way without having any sort of consistent defensive utility doesn’t seem very useful when a big part of why offensive Bulu is decent is bc it can serve as a soft check to specs Gren, which is more shaky without any bulk investment.

Highlights

Best Lure of the Round:

: Offensive SD is a pretty nice tech that definitely catches Scizor offguard, especially when the best Bulu sets rn can't beat it at all.

Additional Notes:

: Hidden Power Fire definitely works as a lure but you can't drop Earthquake at all - Draco would've been the move to swap for HP Fire.

Round 45: Heart Swap Magearna
Deadline: 12th of April

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 232 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heart Swap
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon

This sets been picking up steam recently as an alternative to Assault Vest that has access to some actual recovery and has a better matchup against setup sweepers. We've had Magearna on here before but this sets different enough to warrant its own round.
As a sidenote, apologies for the unannounced mini hiatus - I've been super busy with college stuff but I should be fine to start doing this again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)