Slowking is now the best special wall EVAR

How much fun is that guy? The fact that he wears the silliest crown ever, and has the ability to be famale (gogo Slowqueen) makes Slowking one of my favorite 'mon. I used it in my OU team on D/P and it faired quite well, but in this game of increasingly stronger attackers, I was concerened about it's wellbeing. Gamefreak to the rescue. REGENERATION. To heal 1/3 of it's entire health when it's switched out makes Slowking amazing in my opinion, so I started to make a team to use it. Obviously, it doesn't make the best lead, so I went for this beast:

Iron fist sub-punch. Wow. So there I have an amazing attacking lead and a special wall. Seems like I could use a physical wall next. And everyone needs a rapid spinner. Time to use who I always seem to use on my team:

Great defence, rapid spin and my Rocker. He can take hits then go boom. Sorted. Next, I wanted something specially based, and I always did have a thing for fire-types:

Good special attack, two decent STABS and it looks cool. I think I'll go for him. I did look at Jarooda, or however you spell it, to use it's stat upping Leaf Storm, but it has no other special moves bar Hidden power :( I got lost at what to use next, so I looked through the new 'mon to find something I like the look of, so finally we have:

and

There are my six pokémon. Now i just have to sort them into a team. Here goes nothing...

Roobushin @ Lum berry
Iron fist/Adamant
212 HP/252 Atk/44 Def
Substitute
Focus punch
Payback
Mach punch

You have no idea how many things this has maimed. With people not using Intimidate on Gyara I've managed a OHKO on one of the things before with FP. Mach punch is great for Sash leads and generally picking things off later in the game as I don't expect Roo to be leaving fast. Payback hits ghosts, normally for a lot due to low speed so gives me good coverage.

Slowking @ Leftovers
Regeneration/Calm
212 HP/44 Sp.Atk/252 Sp.Def
Slack off
Boil over
Thunder wave
Fire blast

YAY! He takes hits like a champ. 212 HP evs give me perfect leftover recovery. Boil over is my main attack, burning things if I haven't paralyzed them alrady, and Fire blast is for the surprise factor, hitting that stupid steel/grass thing into next week.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Sturdy/Relaxed
252 HP/144 Def/112 Atk
Rapid spin
Stealth rock
Gyro ball
Asplosion!

As I said before, pretty standard. Spin, Rocks, Gyro ball for things that think I'm set up fodder and Big-badda-BOOM for the big finalé.

Shanderaa @ Choice scarf
Arena trap/Modest
252 Speed + Sp.Atk/4 HP
Overheat
Shadow ball
Energy ball
Hidden power Ice

Revenge killer. Simple as that. Overheat for massive STAB (considering Flamethrower so I might be able to not fail once I've attacked), a couple of Balls, one STAB for good measure and some Ice to round it all off and let me revenge the Dragons. I like this thing, he's proving rather useful so far.

Borutorosu @ Life orb
Competative spirit/Hasty
252 Speed/200 ATk/56 Sp.Atk
Nasty plot
Thunderbolt
Hidden power Ice
U-turn

And so the weird and wonderful way my mind works comes out when I'm randomly making up setups. This thing has kinda worked for me so far. Psuedo BoltBeam works as we all know, nasty plot gives me 600 Sp.Atk (and I get to use it a surprising amount of times) and U-turn lets me scout/escape, especially if competative spirit is activated.

Sazandora @ Life orb
Levitate/Naíve
252 Speed + Atk/4 Sp.Atk
Crunch
EQ
Outrage
Flamethrower

Another odd one I thought up, but again it has worked wonders for me. Flamethrower is the third fire attack on my team, but lets me wall break once they think I'm using a physical setup, which they often don't find out until their special sponge is outta the way anyway, due to Saz being mostly used as a special master.

So there's my team. It's been a bit hit and miss, the ratio being about 60:40 wins/losses. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and I will test them all. Cheers everyone :)

Well I'll be somebody is actually using Subpunch Roopushin! Good for you. However, I think Guts with a Burn Orb in this case is still superior since it boosts ALL your attacks by 1.5 as opposed to just your punches by 1.2. You'll hit that much harder than you already do.

Perhaps you should try a spread of 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP for Borotorusu, and replace U-turn with Volt Change. Sure, you'll be losing a little coverage, but the extra EV investments and Volt Change being STABed and special more than make up for that, and not many things in OU are weak to bug anyways. Also, a Timid nature is preferred with that set.

Well I'll be somebody is actually using Subpunch Roopushin! Good for you. However, I think Guts with a Burn Orb in this case is still superior since it boosts ALL your attacks by 1.5 as opposed to just your punches by 1.2. You'll hit that much harder than you already do.
But burn orb stops me being immune to status on the first turn, plus I can't afford to use protect...I'll try and report back.

Perhaps you should try a spread of 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP for Borotorusu, and replace U-turn with Volt Change. Sure, you'll be losing a little coverage, but the extra EV investments and Volt Change being STABed and special more than make up for that, and not many things in OU are weak to bug anyways. Also, a Timid nature is preferred with that set.
I like the sound of that actually. Seeing as I've not tried it, if I use it on an immune 'mon, does that mean no switching?

Considering you're Guts anyway the only status affect you have to worry about it sleep. Darkrai won't risk Mach Punch and just don't switch into Breloom. Other than that, you're Guts it doesn't matter if you get statued by anything else. And since everybody uses Guts anyway, people aren't going to willingly give you the boost anymore. Also if you use Volt Change on a ground type you will not switch out.

Considering you're Guts anyway the only status affect you have to worry about it sleep. Darkrai won't risk Mach Punch and just don't switch into Breloom. Other than that, you're Guts it doesn't matter if you get statued by anything else. And since everybody uses Guts anyway, people aren't going to willingly give you the boost anymore. Also if you use Volt Change on a ground type you will not switch out.
Yeah, I suppose. I'll try it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)