Sloppy Rain Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am completely new to BW OU and decided to cobble together a rain team with my limited knowledge of the BW metagame. I hope people take the time to help me out with this team, thanks.

Politoed @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Perish Song
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Politoed with Drizzle as the rain inducer, and I went with Leftovers over a Choice Politoed because I thought that keeping him alive was super essential. Scald and Ice Beam, of course. Hidden Power Grass hits opposing water types and I just threw Perish Song in there because I had no idea what to put in there for that moveslot. Oh well.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder

Starmie with Life Orb and Natural Cure. Starmie has Ice Beam and Thunder that never misses in rain, as well as STAB Hydro Pump boosted. Of course, Starmie serves as my Rapid Spinner for this team, and can get rid of spinners working with Ferrothorn.

Tornadus (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Focus Blast

Choice Specs Tornadus is my main Hurricaner. I threw Tailwind in there to make use of Prankster to get priority, so that revenge kills would be guaranteed success. Focus Blast complements Hurricane, and U-turn to get away from threats.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 SDef / 224 HP / 32 Def
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Ferrothorn is my entry hazard setter, and uses Power Whip and Gyro Ball to deal with setters and Water Types. Not sure what else to say about this.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball

My spinblocker that also deals with water moves with Water Absorb. Jellicent has Scald and Shadow Ball as STABs with Scald getting boosted by rain. I added Toxic and Recover as just a stall combo. I'm worried about this pokemon because I don't think it really fits in with this team, because I don't think a spinblocker is necessary with Starmie and Ferrothorn.

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance

Volcarona has Heat Wave to deal with opposing sun teams in case Politoed loses the weather war. It can also function fine in rain with Hurricane, and I added Bug Buzz and Quiver Dance for offensive power.

So that's my team. Yeah, it's terrible. I need help. Thanks.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and since you're new, to join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)