Slimey Keys - OU RMT

So, this is my first RMT, and also my first actual adventure into competitive battling. This is a team I've been working on for awhile now, and while I enjoy it, it seems the higher I get onto Pokemon Showdown, the more I start to realize it's weaknesses, mainly Rotom W and other bulky water types. So, real fast, here's the team first.

RingaDingDing (Klefki) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
- Foul Play
- Swagger
I really want to say a lot about Klefki. First things first, this pokemon is the reason I started to try competitive battling. To me, this pokemon has everything I've ever wanted in a pokemon. It has danger, risk, the ability to win a match all by itself, more than just four usable moves (ok, so it has like, 6 if you count Reflect/Light Screen, still more than 4), and causes a lot of people to rage quit, which I just find humorous. I usually never lead with it unless I know the opponent is gonna lead with a strong sweep lead like Blaziken/Garchomp/Aegisslash. Usually kept till after pokes that can hard counter him have been taken out. Sadly though, the more I play, the more I realize this is probably my biggest weakness sometimes. And if I can make this slot better, like an actual physical tank or something, then that's what I gotta do.

Mongrel (Kangaskhan) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Power-Up Punch
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
Originally I was using Pinsir as my main sweeper and mega. I loved the idea of priority Flying Quick Attack, but then I got swept by a Kangaskhan and I've never looked back. It is such a beast, and usually when you switch into it people will switch to a ghost so you can get a free Fake Out in normal mode before going Mega. Something that has won me a few matches I shouldn't of. Frustration because Return is to easy, I like my pokes to hate me. Power-Up Punch is to good, and Sucker Punch is for priority.

FacePuncher (Breloom) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Leech Seed
- Seed Bomb
I started using Breloom for Rotom W and for some more coverage and priority without Pinsir. I like not being able to be burned most of the time and Spore has been a huge help in gimping walls so I can continue my process. I have the EVs at Atk/Spd because I wanted him to hit fast and hard and still wall statuses. I've been thinking of switching it to HP/Atk though so I can live longer and make more use out of Leech Seed.

Tusker (Donphan) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 HP
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
When I first started, I used a Snorlax, but have since switched this around quite a lot, and currently it is a Donphan for Rapid Spin and Knock Off. Knock Off is nice since it stops most walls and is a surprise factor when it kills an unprepared Poke. Earthquake for basic STAB and Ice Shard for killing low HP pokes and Dragons. I've been thinking of using a Mamoswine but I'm afraid to go into battle without a Rapid Spinner.

TMNF (Greninja) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Taunt
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Hydro Pump
I needed a pokemon that could hit physical tanks for a lot of damage and also hit a lot of different types. Enter Greninja. I didn't think Protean was an amazing ability till I just saw how much damage he can do. Usually I lead with Greninja that way if they send out entry user or something that needs to set up, I can Taunt then start to hammer with Beam/Pump. U-Turn to get me outa there in case it starts looking back and also for the damage against Malamar, which is always fun.

MySquishy (Goodra) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast
I was surfing the forums here and read something about someone using an Assualt Vest Goodra as there special wall and how much damage it can actually soak up. I was amazed my first time and hooked. If I suspect a Grass move it's an easy switch in and kills Ferrorthorn/Fortress easily with Fire Blast and even phazes set uppers with Dragon Tail. This is probably the pokemon that has won me the most games actually out of the whole team because people underestimate it's bulk. And it's a lot.

So that's my team, any and all suggestions are nice because I really wanna get better. Thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully to post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)