1577014819183.png
1577014830787.png
1577014837274.png
1577014849681.png
1577014860645.png
1577014869358.png

Mega Lopunny Balance

Introduction

Hello everyone! Since, SM is coming to an end and most of my favorite Pokemon are not in SWSH, I wanted to make a RMT around few Pokemon that I never really used. So, I built a Balance team around the core of Mega Lopunny and Hoopa-Unbound. Mega Lopunny is very effective cleaner and anti-offense Pokemon due to its high base Speed and a decent priority move in Fake Out. But, due to its bad match up against Bulky and Stall teams, it is nearly always paired with a wallbreaker. As such, I used Hoopa-Unbound for that purpose. Hoopa is very strong wallbreaker, as it easily blows away common bulky Pokemon, while paving a way for Mega Lopunny to clean late-game. Landorus and Rotom-wash makes a great VoltTurn core to bring teammates safely on the field, while Rotom also provides Defog support. Heatran and Tapu Bulu completes the team and make a great defensive backbone for the team, checking a lot of threatening Pokemon together. Tapu Bulu's Grassy Terrain provides the team with passive recovery, while also weakening Earthquake for Heatran. Heatran, in return, provides the team with Stealth Rock. The main goal of this team is to break the opposing team with Hoopa-Unbound and cleaning late-game with Mega Lopunny and Landorus-T, while using the team's pivots to take hits and support the team with various utility moves.

The Team

:sm/landorus therian:
:choice scarf:Landorus-Therian (M):choice scarf:
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 232 Atk / 64 Def / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

After making the offensive core of Mega Lopunny and Hoopa Unbound, I wanted a Ground-type Pokemon and a revenge killer that can pressure Mega Alakazam, so I used Landorus-T. Landorus brings Speed control to the team and it also checks threatening Pokemon, such as Hawlucha, Kartana, and Mega Charizard X, that my team would otherwise have issues with. Landorus is used to clean opposing team along with Mega Lopunny. The set is very standard, while 64 Defense EVs are used to survive a +2 Acrobatics form Hawlucha after rocks. I used Explosion over Defog because it can severely weaken very bulky Pokemon for Mega Lopunny and the team already had a decent defoger in Rotom Wash. Stone Edge is used to effectively revenge kill Mega Charizard Y and Mega Pinsir, while also pressuring Zapdos for Mega Lopunny, which annoys it.

:sm/rotom wash:
:wiki berry:Rotom-Wash:wiki berry:
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

- Volt Switch

I added Rotom-Wash because it can handle Ground, Water and Fire-type Pokemon, which might be troublesome for the team. Rotom also forms a great VoltTurn core with Landorus to bring Hoopa-Unbound and Mega Lopunny safely on the field. It is the team's main defoger, as it can easily Defog on common hazard setters like Heatran and opposing Landorus-T, while it can also be used to weaken Physical attackers with the help from Will-O-Wisp. Again, very standard set with 56 Speed to outspeed Adamant Tyranitar and speed creep uninvested Heatran. Hydro Pump is used for a strong Water-type STAB move to pressure Ground- and Fire-type Pokemon that may try to block Volt Switch (in the former's case). I used Wiki Berry over Leftovers as I prefer the instant recovery it provides, but Leftovers can also be used instead.

:sm/lopunny mega:
:lopunnite:Mega-Lopunny:lopunnite:
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Mega Lopunny is a part of the offensive core in the team. It is used to check a plethora of offensive Pokemon such as Excadrill, Ash-Greninja, Kyuren-B, and Tapu Koko. It's the team's main revenge killer and late-game cleaner, and brings more speed control to otherwise, slow team. Limber is the preferred ability before Mega evolving, as it protects Lopunny form paralyzes, from static Zapdos in most scenarios. Fake Out is a decent priority move and can be used to revenge kill weakened Pokemon. High Jump Kick is very strong STAB move that can hit Mega Sableye for super effective damage, and provides a great neutral coverage along with Frustration due to Scrappy. Ice Punch is used to pressure opposing Landorus-T, Garchomp, and Gliscor, which would otherwise, take advantage of Mega Lopunny.

:sm/hoopa unbound:
:choice band:Hoopa-Unbound:choice band:
Ability: Magician
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Zen Headbutt
- Drain Punch / Fire Punch

Since Mega Lopunny struggles to break through bulky and stall teams, I needed a strong wallbreaker. I used Hoopa-unbound over Kyurem-B because Kyurem-B relies on its Z move to break the opposing team. Hoopa, on the other hand, can consistently wallbreak due to its strong STAB move in Hyperspace Fury. As such, Hoopa-unbound is the teams' main wallbreaker that paves a way for Mega Lopunny and Landorus-T to clean late-game. Gunk Shot is used to hit Fairy-type Pokemon, such as Tapu Fini and Clefable harder than any other move available. Zen Headbutt is necessary to pressure Toxapex and random Fighting-type Pokemon. I usually run Fire Punch to OHKO Mega Scizor and specially defensive Ferrothorn after rocks, but Drain punch can be used to hit Heatran, Tyranitar and Ash-Greninja while recovering some health back.

:sm/tapu bulu:
:leftovers:Tapu Bulu:leftovers:
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Protect / Synthesis

At this point, my team was very weak to Ash-Greninja and Fighting-type Pokemon, so I used Tapu Bulu to check these threats. It provides Grassy Terrain, which improves the longevity of the team. Tapu Bulu is also a part of the team's defensive core, which acts like a glue Pokemon in the team. A specially defensive set is used to consistently check Ash-Greninja, Choice Scarf Tapu Lele, Tapu Koko, and Keldeo. Horn Leech is a decently strong STAB move and is used over Wood Hammer, as it recovers some health back, improving Tapu Bulu's longevity. Superpower is used to do fair damage to Ferrothorn and incoming Heatran. I prefer Protect to scout for Choice locked moves, but Synthesis is also a great option to have a more reliable recovery option.

:sm/heatran:
:leftovers:Heatran:leftovers:
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 56 SpA / 152 SpD / 48 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

- Taunt

Last, but not the least, I used Heatran to complete the defensive core with Tapu Bulu. It is the only Psychic and Fairy resist on the team, being able to switch into Pokemon like Magearna, Clefable, Tapu Lele, and Mega Alakazam (coverage moves like Focus Blast hurts though). Heatran also provides Stealth Rock support, which are valuable for any team, as it can set up them in front of common defogers, such as Tornadus-T and Zapdos. The given EV spread enables it OHKO offensive Heatran with Earth Power, while making it faster than uninvested Mega Scizor. Magma Storm in conjunction with Taunt enables Heatran to effectively stallbreak. Earth Power is used to hit opposing Heatran, Blacephalon, and Victini.

Threat List

:alakazam mega::tapu lele:
Psychic-type Pokemon, such as Mega Alakazam and Tapu Lele are very threatening for the team, especially if they are together, as the only Psychic resist is Heatran, which can be caught off-guard by Focus Blast. Choice Scarf Landorus can force out them, but they usually get a kill every time they come in.

:hawlucha:
Hawlucha is very hard to deal with, especially if it is paired with Tapu Koko, which, it usually does. It can easily setup on Tapu Bulu. Only Landorus and Rotom wash can take a hit from +2 Hawlucha, but if they are chipped, it 6-0s the entire team.

:medicham mega:
I have no switchins for this Pokemon and it gets a kill every time it comes in. Only Landorus can somewhat check it, but Medicham usually carries Ice Punch for it. Due to its only decent base Speed, Lopunny and Landorus can revenge kill it, but it is very troublesome for the team nonetheless.

:kartana:
The team is also very weak to Kartana, especially if it's holding a Choice Scarf, as it outspeeds my entire team. Heatran can check it if it's not locked in Sacred Sword, and Tapu Bulu can scout the move with protect, but it's still a threat for the team.

Conclusion

The team is kinda prediction reliant and works very well if played accordingly. It is also fun to use and I really enjoyed playing with it. Though the team lacks a Z-move user, I really don't feel the necessity of it. This is my first official RMT, so please forgive me for any mistakes I did. Any kind of advise or feedback is gladly appreciated.
Thank you very much for reading this.
Have a nice day!

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-1033676524 (against a cool team with Mega Abomasnow)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-1033681467 (against an offensive team)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-1033684183 (against a pretty balanced team)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-1034441031 (against stall, as it is considered a bad match up for Lopunny)
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 232 Atk / 68 Def / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Rotom-Wash @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Zen Headbutt
- Drain Punch

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Protect

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 56 SpA / 152 SpD / 48 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Taunt

Last edited:
Hey, really nice team. I couldnt find any real threats to it and your explanations were pretty nice. I would suggest using Drain Punch Hoopa over Fire Punch as you already have Heatran and Lopunny to check Ferrothorn and Scizor. Also, I would use Defog Landorus-T and use Pain Split Rotom Wash. This is because Landorus has a great ability in Intimidate that will make defogging much easier especially with its choice scarf.
You could also use 152 defense on Heatran since it makes you bulkier to Sacred Sword Kartana like you said.
:landorus-therian: :rotom-wash: :lopunny-mega: :hoopa-unbound: :tapu-bulu: :heatran:
Heres the importable ^^^

Hey, really nice team. I couldnt find any real threats to it and your explanations were pretty nice. I would suggest using Drain Punch Hoopa over Fire Punch as you already have Heatran and Lopunny to check Ferrothorn and Scizor. Also, I would use Defog Landorus-T and use Pain Split Rotom Wash. This is because Landorus has a great ability in Intimidate that will make defogging much easier especially with its choice scarf.
You could also use 152 defense on Heatran since it makes you bulkier to Sacred Sword Kartana like you said.
:landorus-therian: :rotom-wash: :lopunny-mega: :hoopa-unbound: :tapu-bulu: :heatran:
Heres the importable ^^^
Aye! Thank you very much for the help :) I will definitely try these changes...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)