Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Torch Song
- Substitute
- Yawn
- Slack Off

And let me tell you, while you are walled by Flash Fire and some potential fire resists this set can snowball out of control. Yawn on a physical mon upon switch in, set up sub and start torching

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Skeledirge @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Torch Song
- Tera Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off

I've been really enjoying this set and very impressed by it, been a huge defensive complement to dondozo to cover special attacking threats to balance teams like iron moth or valiant. Can snowball very fast, even at +1 fairy type tera blast are hugely threatening, and the defensive typing switch goes a long way towards handling threats, making chi yu have to think about which move to click is a blessing.

If there's one thing I appreciate it's defensive mons that can apply offensive pressure and Skeledirge does that in spades.

Has anyone else tried this thing in Trick Room? It's pretty good because it's already naturally slow and can boost it's special attack with Torch Song. I gave mine Torch Song/Shadow Ball, Earth Power/Yawn. Yawn was for an occasional surprise on the final Trick Room turn that allowed you to get off a transition easier.
seems cool, I had that thought the first time i saw its stats.

Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Torch Song
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Slack Off

been messing around with some random shit

I just found out that by investing 248 spd and 8 hp evs along with 252 spa, the base stat of its spd becomes 106. This means that you literally tank your way throughout the entire game with a ridiculous defense spread of 105/100/106 also with Slack Off.

How does volcarona counter skeledirge ? All its moves are unnefective so the croco will just slack off and setup his spatk all day...

For the others, some of them depend if skeledirge have Tera into another type
In fact, with Max HP, Skeledirge is Volca's counter, except for some weird Terablast sets.

I haven't found Skeledirge to be as good as anticipated. It has quite a few major weaknesses that hold it back from its potential. Torch Song is a incredible move though and can snowball pretty easily and with the bonus of hitting through subs. Under Trick Room it's a lot more dangerous and can become a huge threat.

Skeledirge should be running ~173 speed to creep the very significant cluster of Mons who try to creep Corviknight (Kingambit, Azumarill, Pelipper, Scizor etc.)
100% agreed. The loss in bulk is negligible, regardless of physdef or spdef, and outspeeding things unexpectedly is invaluable

With Chi-Yu and Ape gone, Dirge stocks just went through the roof.

Seriously, the croc just got so much better. Chi, in particular, had no problem switching in to either of Dirge’s stabs and revenge killing - with it gone, you lose the scariest threat to its longevity.

A HUGE benefit is added Tera flexibility. With Ape and Chi in the tier, Dirge usually wanted to run a Tera like Fairy that resists Dark Pulse and CC while not being weak to Flamethrower and Rage Fist. Without those two, Dirge can run so many types to shut down whatever threat your team has trouble with. Poison, Normal, Dark, Steel, Water… the possibilities are endless.

I love this guy in design and functionality and have been using it on almost all my teams. I prefer mixed def, leaning physical, but you can get away with either a physdef or spdef set because of how thicc he is. Here’s what I usually run:

:skeledirge:
Tera Type: Fairy/Water/Normal/Poison/whatever
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 52 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Torch Song
- Hex
- Slack Off
- Will-O-Wisp

I think all fire types will see more usage with their chief competition gone, but Dirge in particular will reap the benefits. I’ve been obsessed with him since day 1, know how strong he already was, and am so excited for him to go off even more now. Give him a shot, he’s the sickest new tank we got this gen.

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
I looked at optimising mixed bulk and ended up with Bold/252 HP/80 Def/156 SpD/20 Spe. I think 173 should be the minimum recommended speed as Kingambit and others typically run 171+. Creeping up to 177 would not be terrible.

On a sidenote, there is no rational reason to run 248 HP EVs with HDB for Rocks; 412 vs 411 incur the same residual damage for Poison etc. but max recovers 1 more HP from Slack Off, so 248 costs up to 9 HP per battle.

Example physical calcs:
  • 252 Atk Great Tusk Headlong Rush vs. 252 HP / 80+ Def Skeledirge: 332-392 (80.5 - 95.1%)
  • 0 Atk Great Tusk Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 80+ Def Tera Fairy Skeledirge: 115-136 (27.9 - 33%)
  • 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 4 allies fainted Kingambit Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 80+ Def Tera Fairy Skeledirge: 348-410 (84.4 - 99.5%)
Example special calcs:
  • 252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 156 SpD Skeledirge: 342-404 (83 - 98%)
  • 4 SpA Gholdengo Make It Rain vs. 252 HP / 156 SpD Tera Fairy Skeledirge: 348-410 (84.4 - 99.5%)
  • 252 SpA Choice Specs Tera Fairy Iron Valiant Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 156 SpD Tera Fairy Skeledirge: 308-364 (74.7 - 88.3%)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)