Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can USM Ubers get a bazaar thread? There's very few Ubers RMTs and the sample teams are all kind of meh. In lieu of a new thread, is there any place I can find fresh teams?
This is something I have been discussing with Ubers moderation team for a while, but I don't feel there is a need for it at this moment. I believe Sample Teams thread will do a sufficient job reflecting the current metagame state once the council makes the next evaluation. Knowing that the council makes consideration of team's every detail, I have decided to hold off from further requesting for bazaar thread for the time being.

to add onto that, i dont think any sample teams are gonna be accepted/rejected or many new teams posted until the results of the goth suspect come out. making an rmt takes a bit of effort, and many teams people would like to share aren't suitable for samples (sample thread also limits the amount of teams posted there with its submit 1 team at a time rule). i think a bazaar thread would be a good idea imo, as a place for people to dump teams without needing the effort of making an rmt or being restricted by the demands of the sample thread

to add onto that, i dont think any sample teams are gonna be accepted/rejected or many new teams posted until the results of the goth suspect come out. making an rmt takes a bit of effort, and many teams people would like to share aren't suitable for samples (sample thread also limits the amount of teams posted there with its submit 1 team at a time rule). i think a bazaar thread would be a good idea imo, as a place for people to dump teams without needing the effort of making an rmt or being restricted by the demands of the sample thread
I think this summed up my views nicely. Bazaar allows me to see meta trends quickly and also lets people post some cheese or gimmick teams (which I want to see, there’s already two spots for “good” teams). The sample thread requires a ton of time and energy on the part of the poster just to be likely rejected, discouraging participation. The closest thing to Ubers bazaar rn is browsing through aims profile because he’s doing an uber spotlight.

I was thinking of using Lunala as a wallbreaker, and the strategy Dec recommends lunalium z. If my team's z slot is occupied, what's the next best item to use on the calm mind set? Is it a toss up between items, or is there a go-to?

Cynara

Banned deucer.
I was thinking of using Lunala as a wallbreaker, and the strategy Dec recommends lunalium z. If my team's z slot is occupied, what's the next best item to use on the calm mind set? Is it a toss up between items, or is there a go-to?
I feel it ultimately depends on the structure of the team; the teammate running a Z-Crystal could opt for an different item, usually on Lunala teams i've used Lum / Shuca / Weakness Berry Necrozma-DM as an example or something like Arceus-Ground/ Zygarde can run Earth plate. though if you feel The Z-Crystal is better on your other teammate instead of Lunala, you could opt for a Spooky Plate, this would allow for a consistent damage output, this would probably be my second preference as it allows Lunala to break past Support Arceus without the usage of a Z-Crystal (Modest + Spooky Plate forces them into recover, which gives you a free turn essentially). Another set you could try is Choice Specs Lunala to function as a wallbreaker and is worth looking into for your team.

I feel it ultimately depends on the structure of the team; the teammate running a Z-Crystal could opt for an different item, usually on Lunala teams i've used Lum / Shuca / Weakness Berry Necrozma-DM as an example or something like Arceus-Ground/ Zygarde can run Earth plate. though if you feel The Z-Crystal is better on your other teammate instead of Lunala, you could opt for a Spooky Plate, this would allow for a consistent damage output, this would probably be my second preference as it allows Lunala to break past Support Arceus without the usage of a Z-Crystal (Modest + Spooky Plate forces them into recover, which gives you a free turn essentially). Another set you could try is Choice Specs Lunala to function as a wallbreaker and is worth looking into for your team.
Thanks, my team is Psyspam (it's a gimmick I like to use in nearly every tier and meta, shoot me lol), and my z user is Ultra Necr ozma (DM). I'm not sure if Necrozma can Ultra Burst and still allow Lunala to use its z crystal, so long as it doesn't use Light that Burns The Sky; if so, I will probably use Lunalium z. Otherwise, spooky plate might be my choice.

By the way, the primary reason I wanted Lunala was to help breakthrough DM and Lugia, thanks to its fantastic signature move. I could just use DW with ultranecrozium z, but it has a harder time setting up. Furthermore, Necrozma serves more as a sweeper/cleaner, whereas I needed Lunala to punch holes early on to prepare a sweep.

is their any z-move in reshiram's arsenal that can boost it's spk attack and allow it to sweep??

i know z-healblock is a thing on palkia even if it's uncommon, was wondering if reshiram had something similar??

Cynara

Banned deucer.
is their any z-move in reshiram's arsenal that can boost it's spk attack and allow it to sweep??

i know z-healblock is a thing on palkia even if it's uncommon, was wondering if reshiram had something similar??
Unfortunately, Reshiram doesn't get anything of the sort, if you're looking for a Z-Crystal to use on Reshiram, there is Grassium-Z + Solarbeam, this allows Reshiram get past some usual walls it would sometimes find problematic such as Arceus-Ground / Arceus-Water + the odd bulky Kyogre. You could also consider a Life Orb for an increased power in its STAB moves increasing its wallbreaking potential, but in exchange being worn down from residual damage easier

Ropalme1914

Ace Poker Player
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Is thrash a viable option for mega salamence?
Not really, you don't want to be locked on any move, especially one that is resisted by Necrozma-DM, since it could setup on you. You have Double-Edge as an option with the same base power and recoil as a side effect, which is much less likely to put you on a super dangerous situation. If you really do not want to have recoil, you can go with Return/Frustation, but the the extra power from Double-Edge is appreciated most of the time. Body Slam also is a viable alternative on sets that focus more on utility, like Defog.

Last edited:
Probably just Swords Dance, Photon Geyser, Earthquake, and Outrage, which is able to OHKO Mega Sableye at +2, and deal a good amount to Arceus-Dark, defensive Yveltal, and Lugia, KOing them after chip. It has a bit of trouble with the rarer Mega Slowbro and Skarmory, and can be revenge killed by Mega Gengar and Ditto. Stone Edge > Outrage can possibly lure and OHKO Ho-Oh, but gets walled by the Dark-types after it reveals Ultra.
A Calm Mind set with Photon Geyser, Dragon Pulse, and Heat Wave could be able to get around Slowbro and Skarmory, still win the 1v1 against Mega Sableye and Arceus-Dark, and possibly survive an attempt from Mega Gengar to revenge kill, but it would have issue breaking through Blissey/Chansey and Pursuit users.

In X and Y, Ubers was probably my favorite tier. I really liked cause I almost felt that basically every 680 base legendary was viable (except for ky-b and kyurem) and the weather wars were so fun. I'm probably wrong about that, but anyway my question is kind of how to build and consitently play stuff like the primals and necrozma dusk mane without running stall every time.

Quick question. If Timid Xerneas decides to run with Power Herb + Geomancy over a Choice Spec/Choice Scarf set, then how would you redistribute the EVs? Would it be the same EVs as a Modest Power Herb + Geomancy set, or would it be better to put in some defensive EVs?

Cynara

Banned deucer.
Quick question. If Timid Xerneas decides to run with Power Herb + Geomancy over a Choice Spec/Choice Scarf set, then how would you redistribute the EVs? Would it be the same EVs as a Modest Power Herb + Geomancy set, or would it be better to put in some defensive EVs?
Im gonna assume you're playing on cart or something and have no alternative of obtaining a Modest Xerneas. Ideally an EV Spread 88 Def / 252 SpA / 168 Spe on a timid Geomancy Xerneas would mean you'd outspeed the whole tier at +2 (Jolly Excadrill in Sand) and have the rest invested in defense to tank physical hits from Pokemon such as Marshadow. Alternatively you could just go Max Speed and Max Special attack to have the best odds of outspeeding or tieing with Yveltal unboosted but it doesn't provide much else in Xerneas's speed tier.

Im gonna assume you're playing on cart or something and have no alternative of obtaining a Modest Xerneas. Ideally an EV Spread 88 Def / 252 SpA / 168 Spe on a timid Geomancy Xerneas would mean you'd outspeed the whole tier at +2 (Jolly Excadrill in Sand) and have the rest invested in defense to tank physical hits from Pokemon such as Marshadow. Alternatively you could just go Max Speed and Max Special attack to have the best odds of outspeeding or tieing with Yveltal unboosted but it doesn't provide much else in Xerneas's speed tier.
Hey thank you! Yeah, unfortunately I can't obtain a Modest Xerneas - I only have a Timid one. I wanted to swap around my Choice user so I was wondering if I could utilize Timid Xerneas for a Geomancy set.

What is the use of some of Marshadow's less used options? Mainly Swagger and Endeavor.
Swagger is typically used alongside spectral thief for a pseudo swords dance: you boost their attack, then steal their boosts. Honestly, it's pretty gimmicky as they could simply switch out after Swagger - IMO you're better off just using Bulk Up.

Endeavour is normally used alongside a Focus Sash and Shadow Sneak for a version of the FEAR strategy. I wouldn't recommend using this myself - Life Orb or Marshadium Z are much more reliable, and Stealth Rock completely ruins it.

Why is that someone can have an arceus with one name (e.g arceus-dragon), but a different type (e.g poison)? Is this intended? It seems like an uncompetitive way to dupe your opponent.

Ropalme1914

Ace Poker Player
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Why is that someone can have an arceus with one name (e.g arceus-dragon), but a different type (e.g poison)? Is this intended? It seems like an uncompetitive way to dupe your opponent.
Because you can name your Arceus that way on 3DS. However, on Showdown you can hover your mouse over the opposing Arceus and it will show you its true type.

Fudo De Yusei

Banned deucer.
At this point in time, what are arguably the best Choiced users in Ubers currently?

By that I mean which (viable) mons best utilize a Choice Band, Choice Specs, and Choice Scarf?

Ropalme1914

Ace Poker Player
At this point in time, what are arguably the best Choiced users in Ubers currently?

By that I mean which (viable) mons best utilize a Choice Band, Choice Specs, and Choice Scarf?
There aren't as many Choice-items users on Ubers as on other tiers, but Scarf has Xerneas, Yveltal, Lunala and Ditto, Specs also has Xerneas and Yveltal, and Band has Ho-Oh. Those are the main ones, but there are some other more niche options like Specs Lunala and Scarf Ho-Oh.

Why is Hasty the next most used nature over Naive after Rash for Deoxys-A? Is there any notable moves it can survive with reduced Def instead of SpD?

Ropalme1914

Ace Poker Player
Why is Hasty the next most used nature over Naive after Rash for Deoxys-A? Is there any notable moves it can survive with reduced Def instead of SpD?
99.9% of the time it won't matter, since Deoxys-A gets OHKOed by basically anything, making the choice of the nature pretty irrelevant on that point, but if you want to go that far, a -SpD nature always survives a Dragon Tail from defensive Zygarde/Giratina, while a -Def nature can OHKOed by it. Rock Tomb from defensive Primal Groudon also is similar, since a -Def nature always gets OHKOed, while a -SpD has a chance to survive it. I don't think there is any move that a -Def nature would help, at most it would give Genesect a Attack boost instead of Special Attack, but Genesect is a irrelevant mon with its only set being Choice Band, making it even worse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)