Resource Simple Questions & Simple Answers [ZU edition]

question: why is grovyle legal in dpp zu? i assume that pupl vii usage stats are how dpp zu decided which pokemon would be in dpp zu (because someone said earlier for gens 4+ they used ladder spotlights and premier leagues but there arent any ladder spotlights for dpp pu so I'm assuming that they only used pupl vii cause that matches with the list of legal pokemon better than pupl viii and the last time the zu spreadsheet was updated was before pupl viii, grovyle had a usage rate of 5% in pupl vii which is above 4.52% (and for the same reason, why are dragonair and regigigas pu? they didn't get any usage in pupl vii but are listed as pu. these are just my thoughts, i might be completely wrong but this is my guess)

also, if I'm right so far, should the list of legal mons be updated for the latest pupl, pupl viii?

edit: also if i am right about the concept of tour usage, is the cutoff still 3.41% like it used to be or has it changed to 4.52%?

Last edited:

wooper

heavy booty-doots
is a Forum Moderator
question: why is grovyle legal in dpp zu? i assume that pupl vii usage stats are how dpp zu decided which pokemon would be in dpp zu (because someone said earlier for gens 4+ they used ladder spotlights and premier leagues but there arent any ladder spotlights for dpp pu so I'm assuming that they only used pupl vii cause that matches with the list of legal pokemon better than pupl viii and the last time the zu spreadsheet was updated was before pupl viii, grovyle had a usage rate of 5% in pupl vii which is above 4.52% (and for the same reason, why are dragonair and regigigas pu? they didn't get any usage in pupl vii but are listed as pu. these are just my thoughts, i might be completely wrong but this is my guess)

also, if I'm right so far, should the list of legal mons be updated for the latest pupl, pupl viii?

edit: also if i am right about the concept of tour usage, is the cutoff still 3.41% like it used to be or has it changed to 4.52%?
in short, the data that i have from akir (dpp pu lead) is incomplete; i have the usage stats from pupl and pu classic, but we are still missing data from a dpp pu ladder format on showdown. as it stands, the data suggests that we would lose probopass, persian, golbat, and grovyle because they are above the 3.41% cutoff (i was told that this was the number for gen 4). but because this data is still incomplete, we havent had any shifts yet to actually put these rises into motion plus losing persian and probopass would SUCK. i hope this answers your questions!

in short, the data that i have from akir (dpp pu lead) is incomplete; i have the usage stats from pupl and pu classic, but we are still missing data from a dpp pu ladder format on showdown. as it stands, the data suggests that we would lose probopass, persian, golbat, and grovyle because they are above the 3.41% cutoff (i was told that this was the number for gen 4). but because this data is still incomplete, we havent had any shifts yet to actually put these rises into motion plus losing persian and probopass would SUCK. i hope this answers your questions!
ohhh, that makes a lot of sense! for tour usage, are only the premier leagues and classics used?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)