Multi Gen Simple Questions, Simple Answers Mk. II (Read Before Making a Thread)

Fairy Arceus: Calm Mind set. 252 evs in Speed. The remain should go to HP or Defense? What would give me more bulk?
If you want to go max speed I'd suggest 248 hp and the remaining 8 in defense.
I'm pretty sure the analysis has the same spread as well.
If you have any future doubts about spreads and the like, I'd suggest checking it out.

EDIT: for some reason this post showed up for me as the most recent one, and unanswered.
I didn't see Lacus had already done so.

Reactions: hyw
You should invest the EVs into HP since you need the overall bulk for checking special offensive stuff like Yveltal.
If you want to go max speed I'd suggest 248 hp and the remaining 8 in defense.
I'm pretty sure the analysis has the same spread as well.
If you have any future doubts about spreads and the like, I'd suggest checking it out.

EDIT: for some reason this post showed up for me as the most recent one, and unanswered.
I didn't see Lacus had already done so.
Thanks you guys.

Lucos, the Smogon page for Fairy Arceus in Ubers dosnt show any Calm Mind set, just int AG, and actually the ev spead there is in defense. I wanted to put those evs in HP, but because of that i asked here.

Anyway, thanks a lot.

Does Primal Groudon count as a Mega-Evolution for the purposes of "one Mega-Evolution per battle"?

Greets,
AG

Lacus Clyne

Given-Taken
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
GundamExia
Both are bad. If you really want to use Genesect you should try the Choice Scarf, although I recommend to not use Genesect at all. Same with Scizor. You are basically using up your Mega Evolution for a weak Pokémon if you compare it with Pokémon like Mega Salamence or Mega Gengar which offer much more utility.

does the shallow movepool of tao dragons(reshiram, zekrom and kyurem) hurt their overall viability in ubers??
I'd argue that the lack of a good move pool mainly hurts Kyurem, which is why only Kyu-W is in Ubers.
It hurts Zekrom too, to a degree, due to having a 50/50 between Ground-Types and Fairy-Types, as well as losing to Ferrothrorn, and Exca to a lesser extent.
Reshiram's main issue is actually a bad defensive typing coupled with low speed. Dragon and Fire hit a LOT of mons, and the only common mon that resists both is Diance.

Lacus Clyne

Given-Taken
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Zekrom was viable in XY but is now bad because of the dominant usage from Primal Groudon.
In addition to the reasons from Aquasation you shouldn't forget that both Reshiram and Kyurem take 25% damage from SR. But yeah the main issues are their defensive capabilities, lack of speed and the lack of power since they can't get a guaranteed kill most of the time.

Out of curiosity, what expectations are there for the Ubers metagame next generation?
Solgaleo and Lunala are more likely than not to be uber. Solgaleo looks at first blush to be a very good Xerneas counter, resisting everything in Xern's movepool and being very bulky while getting what seems to be a very good physical Steel move (enough to OHKO a Salamence under at least certain conditions).

Other than that, we don't know enough to say anything.

Out of curiosity, what expectations are there for the Ubers metagame next generation?
honestly xerneas usage will go down thanks to solgaleo, although assuming it's a physical mon. PG will still scare it away, but a reliable counter to that stupid fairy deer is welcomed.

Lacus Clyne

Given-Taken
honestly xerneas usage will go down thanks to solgaleo, although assuming it's a physical mon. PG will still scare it away, but a reliable counter to that stupid fairy deer is welcomed.
Thats only a vague assumption though. We simply don't know since the game isn't out yet. I doubt that Solgaleo will shut down Xerneas though since we still have stuff like Primal Groudon that can check or Mega Gengar that can trap it.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
please don't triple/quadruple post thanks

and to answer: because OU has banned them and sent them to Ubers.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)