Multi Gen Simple Questions, Simple Answers Mk. II (Read Before Making a Thread)

Those are different weights to the usage stats, the higher the number the more the stats are weighted. Weight in this context means that if you have a higher elo then your usage of a mon is more important - has more weight - than a person with lower elo.

The 0 means that every person on the ladder's usage is held equally. Inversely the 1760 stats hold the very top of the ladder as the main bearing for usage, it reflects the top of the ladder better than the others, but at the same time has the downside of relying on fewer players for usage stats.
Roger that.

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Besides Arceus-Normal, which Arceus formes pull off a Swords Dance set best?
Ghost and Ground Arceus are both pretty good Swords Dance options. Ghost Arceus has a nice immunity to opposing Extreme Killer Arceus's Extreme Speed, while Ground Arceus can sorta check Primal Groudon a little bit with Recover and threatening it with a super effective Earthquake. Ground Arceus also checks stuff like Mega Diancie.

Six Trails

formerly Analytic_
Is 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe Jolly viable for Ho-Oh if your team already has an answer to Geomancy Xerneas?

Is 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe Jolly viable for Ho-Oh if your team already has an answer to Geomancy Xerneas?
Jolly isn't really optimal since you're mostly EVing for PDon and POgre who don't run max spe, and most Rayquaza run Jolly anyways. GeoXern also runs only very little spe so max spe adamant beats it anyway.

Is swords dance as opposed to protect still usable on Blaziken in gen 6 ubers? I find he is always getting killed before he can set up, and if he does, he gets statused or something (looking at you, klefki) I understand the rewards for setting up are large, but the fact that he is so frail makes my favorite Pokemon of all time a liability, in that he dies so fast, without even a chance to deal damage, when not running protect.

TL; DR:

Protect vs SD on Blaziken, gen 6.

New here, forgive me if I broke a rule or something.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
MajoraInAFedora
Blaziken in general has a ton of problems right now. Swords Dance makes it so you can KO something if you predict correctly at least so I think would have its place if Blaziken was better as a whole. You just need to keep in mind that faster mons will always have the upper hand until Blaziken is in a turn. Blaziken's sweeping potential with unboosted Attack is pretty much none currently so I think running SD is an OK call. You still won't sweep but Blaze will at least trade with something if things work out in your favor.

Thank you very much for the replies WreckDra and Camilas, much appreciated.

WreckDra How dare you insult Blaziken, he is absolutely flawless.

Camilas I am not using mega Blaziken, just a simple life orb. I use Mega Salamence instead.

Six Trails

formerly Analytic_
Who are the current relevant Choice Scarf users? For example, is something like Scarf Dialga still viable? It's on its analysis but I never see any talk of it.

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Who are the current relevant Choice Scarf users? For example, is something like Scarf Dialga still viable? It's on its analysis but I never see any talk of it.
Probably the most viable Choice Scarf users would be Xerneas and Landorus-T off the top of my head. Scarf Dialga is not really viable; it's hardly ever used.

If I want to use Mega scizor in a double battle, should I pair it up with P-Kyogre?
Its a solid choice as Pogre can cancel out his frustrating Fire weakness but beware of potential Pdon switch ins that can potentially screw this combo over

sucker punch, iron head and play rough are mandatory. the last slot is used for utility, such as swords dance (for trick room teams) and baton pass, both of which serve purposes better than foul play. foul play doesn't do much for mawile other than smack groudon a bit, and SD/BP offer much more opportunity.
Well what i did back in XY was to use Taunt in conjuction with sucker punch

So I have seen Greninja being listed as Uber is it because of his protean ability?
That+ having good enough offensive stats to be difficult to wall+ having a big enough moves to play confusion-fu with your opponents.

OU, being the ones who banned Greninja to Ubers in the first place, might be able to give you a more detailed explanation as to why Greninja is in Ubers.

hyw

Banned deucer.
Cheryl. Yes, it is viable.

Its only counter is Arceus-Ground. +2 Stone Edge is dangerously potent and, in tandem with Earthquake, hits everything in the metagame. Filler candidates range from Gravity, which allows one to increase Stone Edge's accuracy whilst simultaneously allowing Bronzong and Skarmory to be hit with Earthquake, to Psych Up, which abuses the fact that Dragon Dance-boosts increase Attack and Speed of Mega Salamence and Rayquaza, something Calm Mind variants are unable to take advantage of (it survives +1 Earthquake at full health, proceeding to revenge-kill with said boosts retained). These qualities, which its unique Rock-typing grant, are what distinguish it as a Swords Dance Arceus form.

That said, Stone Edge's unreliable accuracy, in addition to the forfeiture of Arceus-Rock's traditional utility in role-compression as a check to S-rank threats Mega Salamence and Ho-Oh (Intimidate and burns are to blame for this), severely undermine its viability from that of a versatile support glue to gimmicky sweeper.

Nonetheless, at least compared to Generation 5, Arceus-Rock's Swords Dance set is fairly viable and packs potential given appropriate team support, but purely in terms of viability within the metagame, one may, more often than not, find that its flaws outweigh its aforementioned offensively-oriented assets.

Last edited:

haxiom

God's not dead.
Why is Shaymin-Sky in ubers but regular shaymin is not?
They're very different- they have a different typing and stat spread (much faster and a decent bit stronger) which makes Shaymin-Sky a lot more threatening, hence its placement in Ubers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)