Multi Gen Simple Questions, Simple Answers Mk. II (Read Before Making a Thread)

WHY DOES EVERYTHING I SAY IN THIS FORUM COME OUT SO BADLY?!?!?!

Ok I'm done, I'm going home. I'll see you guys once I've actually learn more about this tier.

EDIT: Whoops! I meant to say Legendary mascots.

I recently realized that kyurem-white has access to endeavour and substitute, which are key moves on subsalac keldeo. I know, that is a kinda gimmicky set, but I was wondering if kyurem could pull it off better thanks to the SR weakness.

Cynara

Banned deucer.
I recently realized that kyurem-white has access to endeavour and substitute, which are key moves on subsalac keldeo. I know, that is a kinda gimmicky set, but I was wondering if kyurem could pull it off better thanks to the SR weakness.
I dont see this working in Ubers to be quite frank, Kyurem-whites speed tier pre salac is quite poor along with it's defensive typing, as well as strong priority being present in the metagame (E killer).
Before a salac boost it can be put to sleep with dark void Darkrai or just outright KO'd by Mega Salamence/Mega Diancie and Scarf xerneas or this could just be used for setup fodder for geoxern. not only that Kyurem-white is very hard to justify on builds, (Viability rank represents this) its shaky vs Hyper offense as it is, even the Life orb/specs set are quite deadweight vs Offense, it either just dies or KO's one pokemon then dies, sub salac would lack the damage output to fetch a few notable KOs (i.e draco on Pdon)

Even if you get behind a sub, ghost types are quite common in ubers, mega gengar/Ghostceus beat this set 1 on 1. Endeavour is best left to scolipede as it's able to boost it's speed naturally, hold a focus sash to ensure it lives at least one hit and set a layer of T spikes in the process.

As a noob, I'm confused.

Why is Mewtwo ranked A- while both of its mega evolutions are ranked B?

Is Mega Mewtwo Y really //worse// than plain Mewtwo? Why?

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Mega mewtwo y takes up a mega slot and has only a couple notable advantages over normal mewtwo. i cant really speak on mega mewtwo x because i havent used it much.

So why exactly is Blaziken banned to Ubers completely if Speed Boost is the only reasoning for his ban?

Why not just ban Blaziken carrying Speed Boost as well as Blazikenite?

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
So why exactly is Blaziken banned to Ubers completely if Speed Boost is the only reasoning for his ban?

Why not just ban Blaziken carrying Speed Boost as well as Blazikenite?
If you really want the answer from the people who actually banned Blaziken, you may want to try asking in the OU SQSA thread. Ubers does not decide what is banned from OU, OU decides what is banned from OU to Ubers. Ubers players can only really give you a rough idea of why, the OU staff can give you a far clearer answer since their banning philosophy is something Ubers players don't really pay attention to (it doesn't really apply to what we play). Its cool that you asked, I just don't think the Ubers subforum will give you the best answer.

I'll link the OU SQSA in a sec.
E: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...irst-now-with-100-more-rules.3542207/page-132

OK, I have a quick question involving Ubers. What mons ruin stall quite well in the Ubers tier. I'm considering creating a Stall Team.

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
what are some of the best arceus forms in ubers??
Maxgepic answered a bit, I don't agree with Dark. Dragon is good though as well.
OK, I have a quick question involving Ubers. What mons ruin stall quite well in the Ubers tier. I'm considering creating a Stall Team.
The standard stall team (though a bit old now) is Lugia / Mega Sableye / Blissey / Tyranitar / Water Arceus / Primal Groudon; mostly stall revolves around Lugia + hazard control, because Lugia is the best blanket check to powerful physical attackers in Ubers especially with Multiscale intact.

Stall isn't necessarily ruined more so that its tough to use but the main reason for its sudden decline is due to the transition to the more physical oriented Metagame brought to you by our beloved S+++++++ fire breathing dinosaur with pokemon such as PDon and Ho-oh immune to Willo-wisp and potent offensive such as MMence and Xerneas just shrugging off the status with Refresh and Aromatherapy making the Playstyle really tough to use.

Its still viable though since we now have access to defensive behemoths such as Multiscale Lugia and great utility mons like Mega Sableye, Mega Diancie and Defog Lati@s to help keep hazards off the field so if played correctly its still a devastating playstyle.

EDIT: GOD FUCKING DAM IT HAXIOM I WAS TRYING TO BE NICE FOR ONCE!

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Stall isn't necessarily ruined more so that its tough to use but the main reason for its sudden decline is due to the transition to the more physical oriented Metagame brought to you by our beloved S+++++++ fire breathing dinosaur with pokemon such as PDon and Ho-oh immune to Willo-wisp and potent offensive such as MMence and Xerneas just shrugging off the status with Refresh and Aromatherapy making the Play style really tough to use.
I would argue that the initial decline of stall was due to the huge physical attackers, but it at some point became very popular since you could fairly effectively keep off hazards for Lugia; the more recent issue with stall is the rise of Mega Gengar's popularity, particularly Will-O-Wisp variants which can deal with Tyranitar more easily.

I want to play some gen1 ubers (or anything goes, just wanna play with the only 2 ubers pokemon cuz fun)
but I can't find none of these two.
and why gen 1? It's so simple and a great break from gen 6 with all their fancy stats and genders and stuff.
:mad: I am a jumping cubone lalalalalala~

Well the ladders for older generations are pretty much out of commission. Not a lot of people want to play these older gens especially on the ladder with random people where it could take hours to find a game.

Well the ladders for older generations are pretty much out of commission. Not a lot of people want to play these older gens especially on the ladder with random people where it could take hours to find a game.
okay...
I'd still like to. Any other simulators I can go to or something?
~~~~~~~~
Finally figured out the tilde ~_~

Six Trails

formerly Analytic_
Multitype's page says that it prevents item loss, and Bulbapedia says that a Pokémon with the ability is not affected by item removing/stealing moves, regardless of whatever item it's holding. So does that mean even Arceus-Normal can't have something like a Life Orb or Lum Berry knocked off? Or does it only mean that Arceus formes holding plates can't have their plates knocked off?

Last edited:
It only means that Arceus formes holding plates can't have their plates knocked off. Normal Arceus can have life orb or whatever item it's holding knocked off though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)