Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 51 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Does anyone have a Charizard raid they could host so I don't miss out? Just finished the main story and got a Flutter Mane mostly boosted (doesnt have perfect EVs and is level 88, but has the rest). Just wanna make sure I don't miss it lol

Do we know what happens if Kanto Tauros is bred in SV (without an Everstone)? Will the offspring be Combat form Paldean Tauros? Want to know for balltism stuff.

Its isnt fully known yet but assuming its like the other regional forms it will be Combat Tauros is you dont use an everstone
Thanks! Since there basically a few Paldean Tauros forms, I was curious to know if we might already know from datamining or something if Paldean Tauros acts any different, but that makes the most sense.

LF 0/1 Atk ditto. Other ivs don't really matter, since I'm used to bottle capping vs breeding thx to new mechanics. Ofc wouldn't mind 5ivm..would save $.

Could offer a patch or a shiny. More reasonable would be 1 or 2 of my tons of different Tera mons from raids. In particular have many steel or electric type teras(that aren't that type at base.)

Edit: Will offer Shiny Quick Ball Lechonk only for shiny, I have both types of evo shiny as is. But others too rare for the nominal benefit of 0 Atk iv special attackers.

Last edited:
ive been trying to find a way to fix a bug in my game for a chien pao but there doesnt seem like there's a way to fix it. i'll be happy to trade sone rarer violet exclusives (besides miraidon, already traded mine) if anyone can send me one, thank u in advance <3

Does anyone have a Moon Ball Murkrow they'd be willing to trade? I have a bunch of HA mons to offer including Friend Ball Capsakid, Dream Ball Tinkatink, Moon Ball Glimmet and Dream Ball Cetoddle.

EDIT: I have one now!

Last edited:
So - Ultra (Square) shinies:

Are they still a thing? I haven't found or hatched one yet. The odds were borked in SwSh as described in the 'shiny varieties' section here.

Are the rates different depending on origin? e.g. Bred/Caught/Raid vs. Wild as before? No solid answers online from many hours of searching...

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
So - Ultra (Square) shinies:

Are they still a thing? I haven't found or hatched one yet. The odds were borked in SwSh as described in the 'shiny varieties' section here.

Are the rates different depending on origin? e.g. Bred/Caught/Raid vs. Wild as before? No solid answers online from many hours of searching...
It's still there, but not used in SV anymore. I have a square shiny Iron Valiant and square shiny Roaring Moon, just doesn't appear like that in the games.

Thanks Buckert - this is very useful. Do you think that the Paradox Pokémon have a higher chance of being Square if shiny? I haven’t started hunting for them yet as I got straight into breeding after they announced the bans for series 1.

Conversely, I have caught 3 random overworld shinies and all of them were regular Stars - hence the questions.

I don’t *think* any of my bred shinies are square but I must admit I haven’t checked thoroughly.

I’ve just read through the conversation regarding this, I’ve been out of the loop playing the new games.

I ran some tests on my “early release legal backup” of Scarlet to answer some of these questions, as well as how the games handle Hisui forms and balls. Here is what I know for certain, based on a sample size of 6:

- Whichever parent, regardless of form, holds an Everstone is the form the offspring will take
- Hisui Pokeballs ARE NOT coded into the game and will appear as the Strange Ball for anything caught in one
- When bred with another (different) regional form, both have a chance of passing their pokeball. If this happens to be the Hisuian parent, the offspring will appear caught in a regular pokeball. Thus, that Premier Ball Hisuian Zoroark we’ve always wanted will soon be possible
- Regarding the n=6 sample size, one of the tested Pokémon was Hisuian Voltorb. Since it’s genderless and can only breed with ditto, it’s offspring can ONLY be in a regular pokeball.

What I don’t know is how abilities (particularly hidden ones) are passed by parents of a different regional form. Although: 1) if the Everstone mechanic is still present I think it’s safe to assume the ability passing mechanics are also the same; and 2) we have Capsules and Patches so it’s not a big deal anyway.

I also don’t know if the gender of each parent (plus the regional form it has) effects the offspring. In my tests, all the Hisui parents (holding everstones) were female, and the Kanto/Johto/Unova counterparts were male.

Hope this helps.

Mods - please remove if the above breaches forum rules. While this was all done in the spirit of research, none of it is actually possible in game at the time of writing.

Last edited:
Thanks for this. Most interesting thing about this for me is that Hisuian Pokeballs all appear as the Strange Ball. Disappointing because I thought I’d finally found the perfect ball for shiny Sylveon when I caught it in a Feather Ball but oh well.
You’re welcome. I had secretly hoped I wasn’t the only one interested in this sort of shit so you’ve done me a favour!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news for your Sylveon, I suspect there will be many more nuances to discover as we find out more.

For me, the most interesting thing about all this is that I don’t see a way for Enamorus to be caught in anything EXCEPT a Strange Ball, unless we get it as an event further down the line.

Thanks Buckert - this is very useful. Do you think that the Paradox Pokémon have a higher chance of being Square if shiny? I haven’t started hunting for them yet as I got straight into breeding after they announced the bans for series 1.
1 square shiny flutter mane out of 40 shiny flutter mane caught

so no still 1/16 for square probably or rather 1/65536 (full odds) overall

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)