Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 50 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the other day, I tried to use some of my Weezing in Max Raids, but two of them weren't able. I was told there was a problem with them, same as back when I tried using my Hydro Pump Excadrill in a raid. Thing is, both these Weezing are completely legit. The only thing different about them vs. the other Weezing I have is that they came from GO, and were recaught in Let's Go. All of them, as Koffing, were brought into Shining Pearl, with some evolved in there, others evolved when I brought them into Shield (the Weezing in question here are one of each form, for the record- one Normal Form, one Galarian). Also, I know I used at least some Ability Capsules and Ability Patches, but I don't remember which Koffing got them. At the very least, I know the Galarian Weezing had an Ability Patch used on it because it's from GO and has its HA. But, I also have a Ditto, also from GO, also got its HA through Ability Patch, and I'm like 90% sure Shining Pearl was involved with that one too, and it can be used in raids just fine.

So, does anyone know what could be making the game consider these completely legit Weezing illegitimate? I'll try and provide more detail when I get home from work later, if needed.
While i *think* this question goes against the rules of this forum, the only way to tell is to run it through PkHex or similar.

Looking to trade breedjects. I have 5IV and 6IV Cleffas, they're in Moon Balls, have Bold Natures, Magic Guard, and the egg moves Wish, Heal Pulse, and Aromatherapy.
Is this for bdsp or can you do it in bdsp
Because I have several 6iv and 5iv ha spiritomb :xy/spiritomb:

Last edited:

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
This is kind of a big ask but could somebody with a SwSh living dex touch trade it to me for the sake of the Shiny Charm? I lost my save file so my dex is pretty much blank.

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
This is kind of a big ask but could somebody with a SwSh living dex touch trade it to me for the sake of the Shiny Charm? I lost my save file so my dex is pretty much blank.
Hi! Assuming it takes 30 seconds to complete a trade, it would take 3 hours and 20 minutes to trade you all 400 Pokémon from the SWSH living dex…and then another 3 hours and 20 minutes to trade it all back.

Sorry to hear that you lost your save file, but you may want to ask for touch trades for just the Pokémon that would be hard for you to obtain. 7 hours is a lot of time to ask someone to devote to helping you.

I managed to get a friend in Canada to pick up a Shiny Eternatus code card for me, and they actually grabbed an extra. Would anyone in Europe with an extra code for the Marshadow/Volcanion/Genesect distribution like to swap?

That sounds awful, how did you lose it? You'd ofc have next to nothing to offer, but I have lots of breedjects I can give for keeps anyway. I have nothing else to do w/ them.

The breedjects are Bounsweet, Bouffalant, Hatenna, Ferroseed, Abra, Lapras Amaura, Mr.Mime-g., Mimikyu, Lotad(think I have 5IV+0 atk fwiw,) Sizilipede, Scorbunny, Milcery, Rolycoly, Mareanie, Gossifleur, Darumaka-g, Feebas, Larvesta, etc.

EDIT: Could use an Electric Seed I think. If you do end up needing help I'll double-check 1st, but I think I used them on cram-o-matic. Also, I like the regular poke ball so these all should be in that.

Last edited:

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
That sounds awful, how did you lose it? You'd ofc have next to nothing to offer, but I have lots of breedjects I can give for keeps anyway. I have nothing else to do w/ them.

The breedjects are Bounsweet, Bouffalant, Hatenna, Ferroseed, Abra, Lapras Amaura, Mr.Mime-g., Mimikyu, Lotad(think I have 5IV+0 atk fwiw,) Sizilipede, Scorbunny, Rolycoly, Mareanie, Gossifleur, Darumaka-g, Feebas, Larvesta, etc.
It’s fine. I lost the save a year or two ago (I had transferred everything eligible for SwSh there from Home so they weren’t backed up, my Switch died forever for whatever reason and SwSh data can’t be transferred between consoles, unlike most other game series and Home.) and just soloed the game again with an overleveled Cinderace followed by a transferred lv100 Rayquaza once it would obey me. But I didn’t make any progress whatsoever on the dex.

I would really appreciate an event shiny Zeraora though, it’s probably the most important to me out of what I lost.

Edit: Shield exclusives are handled, thanks Light Sanctity!

Last edited:
Do people tend to know about all abilities? And which mons have them? For Instance, I'm thinking to use Stunfisk-g, do people know the ability mimicry, on average? It is stronger if they don't know, they won't set terrain types in max that change my type to one that is weak to their move(s.)

Edit: nvm

Last edited:

Light Sanctity

The Usurper
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
It’s fine. I lost the save a year or two ago (I had transferred everything eligible for SwSh there from Home so they weren’t backed up, my Switch died forever for whatever reason and SwSh data can’t be transferred between consoles, unlike most other game series and Home.) and just soloed the game again with an overleveled Cinderace followed by a transferred lv100 Rayquaza once it would obey me. But I didn’t make any progress whatsoever on the dex.

I would really appreciate an event shiny Zeraora though, it’s probably the most important to me out of what I lost.
I could get you the shiny event-base Zeraora [Shiny]
Have to get somethings figured out and I should be able to clone mine.
(p.s. it has a nickname and I can’t change it) I will reach out ASAP

I have a shiny Eternatus code to trade, does anyone have a GVM Volcanion code in exchange?

Edit: Nevermind, I don't need it anymore.

Last edited:
While i *think* this question goes against the rules of this forum, the only way to tell is to run it through PkHex or similar.
I don't see how my question is against the rules of the forum. I'm not talking about hacking in any capacity. In fact, I hope I've made it abundantly clear that these Weezing are decidedly not hacked, hence my confusion as to why the game won't let me select them for max raid battles.

Also, while I do appreciate the suggestion, I don't have PkHex or anything of the sort. In fact, correct me if I'm wrong, but would it not kinda mess with my Switch's legitimacy as a whole in Nintendo's eyes if I were to use such things?

If it helps, I'll provide as much detail on these Weezing as I can below. I don't know if any of this can tell any of you something it's not telling me, but I'm getting to a point where I'm desperate for answers. To reiterate, both of these have been caught, trained up, evolved, everything, by me personally. They have not left my ownership at any time, and I do not hack.

Weezing #1:
Normal Form Weezing, male
Modest nature
From GO, caught in a Master Ball, has the battle-ready mark from the Battle Tower.
Dynamax Level 10
Has the Effort Ribbon
Attack is "Very good", Speed is perfect, all other stats are Hyper Trained.
252 HP/252 Sp. Atk/4 Sp. Def
Neutralizing Gas
~Sludge Bomb
~Shadow Ball
~Fire Blast
~Psybeam
Memory check: "Weezing seems to have a fond memory, but it doesn't seem to be able to remember the details... Weezing seems to have memories from its time with another Trainer. Weezing studied about how to use Fire Blast in a Box, thinking about (my name). The Pokémon remembers that it was restless."

Weezing #2:
Galarian Weezing, male
Modest nature
From GO, caught in a Premier Ball, has the battle-ready mark from the Battle Tower.
Dynamax Level 10
Has the Effort Ribbon
Attack and Sp. Atk are perfect, Speed is "Pretty good", all other stats are Hyper Trained.
252 HP/252 Sp. Atk/4 Sp. Def
Misty Surge
~Sludge Bomb
~Misty Explosion
~Strange Steam
~Shadow Ball
Memory check: "Weezing seems to have a fond memory, but it doesn't seem to be able to remember the details... Weezing seems to have memories from its time with another Trainer. Weezing studied about how to use Misty Explosion in a Box, thinking about (my name). The Pokémon remembers that it got teary eyed."

Last edited:
For your first Weezing the issue might be that it was caught in Pokemon GO and is in a Master Ball - I don't know if GO/Let's Go transfers can change the Pokemon's ball but Master Balls aren't available in GO.

For your first Weezing the issue might be that it was caught in Pokemon GO and is in a Master Ball - I don't know if GO/Let's Go transfers can change the Pokemon's ball but Master Balls aren't available in GO.
Both of these were recaught in Let's Go, which does indeed overwrite the original ball with the ball you caught it with in GO Park, which in the case of the first one was indeed a Master Ball- I had some to spare, I was basically done Shiny hunting in that game, and for a ball to actually kinda match Weezing's aesthetic is not common, so I took the opportunity. That said, I guess I could see Nintendo not considering that possibility, considering that one never really needs to use a Master Ball in GO Park, since you literally can't fail to catch stuff in there when all is said and done...

PkHex is a PC application, not Switch Homebrew.

Viewing your save data is a whole different ball park to flat out editing your pokemon too. There is no way for anyone else to know, including nintendo that you've had a look at your Weezing to get to the bottom of, and attempt to solve, your problem. If Nintendo truly cared about just viewing pokemon in this manner, they would have ensured better continuity between their games to make sure this type of question doesnt come up.

As an example, i use it to view which of my shinies are Ultra (Square) and which are not. The alternative would be to look at the sparkles in game for each and every one of them, which i dont believe is an effective use of my time.

What does the error message say when you try to use them in Max Raids? The info and descriptions of how you caught them dont show anything obvious to me.

Last edited:
PkHex is a PC application, not Switch Homebrew.

Viewing your save data is a whole different ball park to flat out editing your pokemon too. There is no way for anyone else to know, including nintendo that you've had a look at your Weezing to get to the bottom of, and attempt to solve, your problem. If Nintendo truly cared about just viewing pokemon in this manner, they would have ensured better continuity between their games to make sure this type of question doesnt come up.

As an example, i use it to view which of my shinies are Ultra (Square) and which are not. The alternative would be to look at the sparkles in game for each and every one of them, which i dont believe is an effective use of my time.
Ah, OK, then, appreciate the clarification.

What does the error message say when you try to use them in Max Raids? The info and descriptions of how you caught them dont show anything obvious to me.
"There is a problem with the Pokémon you've selected." Same exact error message from way back when I tried to use my Hydro Pump Excadrill in a raid, and, not coincidentally, learned that raids hosted online actually did in fact have a hack check.

(if it needs to be said, no, the Excadrill isn't hacked either, there was a short-lived bug with one of the Wild Area events that would make it so catching Drilbur from specific level raids would have them come knowing Hydro Pump, and I was lucky enough to get one before they fixed it)

I'm starting to wonder whether the Master Ball could truly be the problem with the first one, though- I've been asking around to see if anyone else can replicate the result, and if I can find any more Master Balls in Let's Go Pikachu, I might attempt replicating it with something else myself.

Though this still leaves the second one a mystery- a Galarian Weezing from GO, you would think a Premier Ball would be the most normal ball for it. And the fact that it's a Galarian Weezing that's been in Let's Go isn't the issue either- I have another Galarian Weezing I caught in Let's Go Eevee as a Koffing, and that can be used without a problem. Nor is the presence of a Hidden Ability a problem, as I have an Imposter Ditto from GO I can use in raids also without issue.

"There is a problem with the Pokémon you've selected." Same exact error message from way back when I tried to use my Hydro Pump Excadrill in a raid, and, not coincidentally, learned that raids hosted online actually did in fact have a hack check.

(if it needs to be said, no, the Excadrill isn't hacked either, there was a short-lived bug with one of the Wild Area events that would make it so catching Drilbur from specific level raids would have them come knowing Hydro Pump, and I was lucky enough to get one before they fixed it)
This is cool, I had no idea this was a thing.

I’m starting to wonder whether the Master Ball could truly be the problem with the first one, though- I've been asking around to see if anyone else can replicate the result, and if I can find any more Master Balls in Let's Go Pikachu, I might attempt replicating it with something else myself.

Though this still leaves the second one a mystery- a Galarian Weezing from GO, you would think a Premier Ball would be the most normal ball for it. And the fact that it's a Galarian Weezing that's been in Let's Go isn't the issue either- I have another Galarian Weezing I caught in Let's Go Eevee as a Koffing, and that can be used without a problem. Nor is the presence of a Hidden Ability a problem, as I have an Imposter Ditto from GO I can use in raids also without issue.
As I said the description you’ve given doesn’t highlight anything obvious. Everything you have done with your Koffing in the games is legitimately possible, so shouldn’t flag an issue with the in game hack checks.

That said, if you’re able to (and happy to of course), I’d recommend trading to someone who can take a look with PkHex. This will give you an instant, near guaranteed result as to what is wrong.

As a little update, I've done some personal testing and have figured it out. Somewhat. Like, I'm able to replicate this, but I have no idea why it's this way.

I took two Nidoking from Let's Go Pikachu. Both of them recaught in GO Park. Put them both in Home. The first Nidoking, I moved into Shining Pearl, and then into Shield. The second Nidoking, I moved into Shield without it ever touching Shining Pearl.

The first Nidoking is ineligible for online use. The second one was fine.

I should note that before I got to that point, I did some testing with a couple of Tentacool I caught in GO. I recaught both in GO Park, one in a Great Ball, the other in a Master Ball. Both were fine to use. I then moved them both into Shining Pearl, used an Ability Capsule on one, moved both back into Shield. Both still fine.

Somehow, moving a Pokémon from GO into the main series, and moving it into BDSP before it ever touches SwSh, invalidates it for online use!

Sounds like a flag (that you can’t see in game) is applied by the first Gen 8 Switch game you trade it to. If it so happens that it’s not SwSh then it becomes ineligible because the flag can’t be overwritten. Sounds plausible. Good work.

What’s interesting is PLA uses a completely different data format for individual Pokémon, so I wonder if the same holds true if you trade from GO, to Let’s GO, to PLA, to SwSh. At some point in that process the format must change for it to be recognised by SwSh as intended by Nintendo; yet there aren’t any accounts of this that I’ve seen that match yours.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! Finally looking to complete the Dex in Home, but I've missed a lot of events over the years and there are a bunch of mythicals I'm missing. I thought I could get there by stripping all my games bare, getting super mercenary on the GTS, and getting back into Pokemon Go, but I've still got a few gaps. Ideally I'm hoping to have a living Dex, but I'll take anything I can get!

LF:
  • For Dex registration: Genesect, Volcanion, Hoopa, Magearna (TT is obviously fine since you get the shiny one for finishing the Dex anyway), Marshadow, Zeraora, Zarude
  • Living Dex gaps: Cosmog, Kubfu or Urshifu (I traded my Urshifu for a Kubfu), Regieleki, Spectrier
FT:
  • Shinies: Golbat x2, Ponyta, Paras, Yanma, Octillery, Murkrow, Whiscash, Turtwig, Luxio, Riolu, Gible, Drifblim, Tepig, Deino, Bergmite, Star Trim Furfrou
  • Various spare legendaries and breedjects
Happy to do one-off trades

Last edited:

Light Sanctity

The Usurper
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Hey everyone! Finally looking to complete the Dex in Home, but I've missed a lot of events over the years and there are a bunch of mythicals I'm missing. I thought I could get there by stripping all my games bare, getting super mercenary on the GTS, and getting back into Pokemon Go, but I've still got a few gaps. Ideally I'm hoping to have a living Dex, but I'll take anything I can get!

LF:
  • For Dex registration: Genesect, Volcanion, Hoopa, Magearna (TT is obviously fine since you get the shiny one for finishing the Dex anyway), Marshadow, Zeraora, Zarude
  • Living Dex gaps: Cosmog, Kubfu or Urshifu (I traded my Urshifu for a Kubfu), Regieleki, Spectrier

Hi! Did you want all of these trades to occur over Pokemon HOME? Also, you can actually get the Mythical Magearna in Generation VII game yourself: Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon (and Sun/Moon) you need a QR Code which can be found HERE if you are in Japan, North America, or Europe you can snag one this way (if you have them). To my knowledge the Magearna you get from the HOME Dex finish is NOT shiny---it is just what Magearna looked like back in the past. This post HERE shows the different Magerna's. I would also be very careful of using GTS for trading Pokemon; as you never know if they are hacked, so I would err on the side of caution, too. I would have to move some Pokemon from Gen VII (Cosmog) so I can trade it on HOME.
Unfortunately, I won't be able to touch-trade many of the Mythicals as I can't remember how I obtained them and wish to be careful (even for touch-trade), but I can get you the Magearna from Gen VII (just need to move it to HOME), Cosmog, Kubfu (and Urshifu if needed), and Regieleki. Only Spectrier would you need someone else to trade for. If you aren't already; I would recommend joining the Wi-Fi Server for easier communication (link in OG post). My user name there is Light Sanctity but the nickname is "Gabi" :) Let me know and hopefully we can coordinate something; I am fairly busy with college, so it makes it hard at times. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)