Silly Things You Have Seen On the Ubers Ladder!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I once had a battle where my opponent's only mon was a FEAR Rattata. I beat it with my Poison Heal Gliscor's Protect.

Suck it, Youngster Joey.

Well, I ended up encountering a T-wave/Toxic/Recover/ Stealth Rock? Arc-Poison. It did its job well on me, I'll give it that, but one taunter/ Magic bouncer later...

From now on I'm going to start deleting posts if they are one-liners, so try to add some substance into what you share.

This one is from a while back, when I was relatively new to Ubers and leading with sashed SD Blaziken (which was surprisingly effective btw):
My opponent led with an Arceus, proceeding to use both CM and SD while I SD'ed twice.
Then he used E-speed, which did 92%. At +2. To Blaziken.
I took Arceus out with Close Combat, then proceeded to wear down his Giratina-A with Stone Edge (yeah, I know, I forgot about Shadow Claw0>
Then he forfeited.

This one is from a while back, when I was relatively new to Ubers and leading with sashed SD Blaziken (which was surprisingly effective btw):
My opponent led with an Arceus, proceeding to use both CM and SD while I SD'ed twice.
Then he used E-speed, which did 92%. At +2. To Blaziken.
I took Arceus out with Close Combat, then proceeded to wear down his Giratina-A with Stone Edge (yeah, I know, I forgot about Shadow Claw0>
Then he forfeited.
One problem: Blaziken doesn't learn close combat.

Blue Jay

The notorious Good Wife
is a Contributor Alumnus
It was so long ago that I don't remember it, but I think it may have actually been Brick Break. Didn't want a HJK miss screwing things up was my logic.
Brick Break on Blaziken itself would deserve mention for silly things on the Ubers ladder. Low Kick is so much better in most relevant situations.

I saw someone using a venusaur with chlorophyll, which would be great, but they had no way of getting weather onto the field. No groudon/ninetales, and no pokemon w/ sunny day

(Sorry for one liner...)
My friend found this gem: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubersbeta-61535171

Skarmory fainted!
Go! Breloom!
Turn 6
The opposing Yveltal used Oblivion Wing!
It's super effective! Breloom lost 100% of its health!
Breloom had its energy drained!
(guess he didn't know Breloom was slower...)

Dugtrio used Earthquake!
It doesn't affect the opposing Yveltal...

Go! Alakazam!
Turn 9
Alakazam used Calm Mind!
Alakazam's Special Attack rose!
Alakazam's Special Defense rose!

Alakazam used Shadow Ball!
It's not very effective... The opposing Yveltal lost 18.3% of its health!

Now get this...
The opposing Bin Laden used Fly!
The opposing Bin Laden flew up high!

Alakazam used Psychic!
It doesn't affect the opposing Yveltal...

Turn 12
The opposing Bin Laden used Oblivion Wing!
Flygon lost 72.4% of its health!
Flygon had its energy drained!
The opposing Bin Laden lost some of its HP!
Flygon used Substitute!
Flygon put in a substitute!
Flygon lost 24.6% of its health!

Turn 13
The opposing Bin Laden used Dark Pulse!
A critical hit! Flygon's substitute faded!
Flygon used Substitute!
It was too weak to make a substitute!

The opposing Bin Laden used Oblivion Wing!
It's super effective! Gogoat lost 90.2% of its health!
Gogoat had its energy drained!
Gogoat used Leech Seed!
The opposing Bin Laden was seeded!

There's also this (see it for yourself):
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubersbeta-61307873

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebankubersbeta-62646970
He wasn't using a Focus Sash on his Smeargle because it was "on Blaziken". I don't see "Item Clause" listed in the rules there, dude. You're doing it wrong. Also, repeatedly using Protect with Blaziken so his opponent gets every opportunity to set up with Rock Polish. And randomly sending in his Espeon and pointlessly sacrificing it versus the opponent's Groudon. And not using Bullet Punch to at least deal SOME damage with Scizor.

Rock Slide miss was pretty unfortunate, but (no damage)-0 is a sad final score regardless.

Edit: And I found THIS:

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebankubersbeta-62651397
As if trying to use Extreme Speed on Giratina isn't enough, he then tries to use Superpower on it as well. Type matchups aren't that hard!

And then he forfeits. Obviously.

Last edited:
Darkrai is tightening its focus
Mewtwo used CM
Darkrai used Focus Punch (-30%)

Next turn same thing happens
Next turn after that, Mewtwo begins to sweep.
Beginning of turn 7, Mewtwo person is up 6-2 when Darkrai guy forfeits.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Volbeat used Trick!
Volbeat switched items with its target!
The opposing Forretress obtained one Choice Specs.
Volbeat obtained one Heat Rock.

Sableye used Trick!
Sableye switched items with its target!
The opposing Blissey obtained one Choice Band.
Sableye obtained one Berry Juice.

What is this trickery?

EDIT: A team with only the Hoenn cover legends. I weep for humanity.

EDIT II: Garchomp / Gallade / Glaceon / Togekiss / Feraligatr / Lapras
Are you sure you're playing the right meta? Plus, right after the battle, the person actually said "of legendaries" after his opponent said "I like my team"

EDIT III: A team consisting of only a single Arceus. That guy won against a full team of 6. ಠ_ಠ

Last edited:
Well, I just played against some...interesting ideas.
  • Offensive Deoxys-S with Psycho Boost, Extremespeed, Fire Punch, and Superpower. I asked why the user ran that set. He responded with "To catch you off guard."
...He succeeded I guess :l
  • Flame Orb Mewtwo. Now this caught me totally off guard. The user said it was to prevent Paralysis. Wut -_-
and finally
  • Haban Berry Kyurem-W. My Zekrom plowed right through it.
Man, the Ubers ladder never disappoints. :I
The first one... What, is Deoxys-A not fast enough?

Also, if you're going to use Flame Orb on Mewtwo, maybe Recover to back it up wouldn't be a bad idea. Well, at least not a worse idea than using Flame Orb Mewtwo in the first place. Just saying.

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
Double team ninjask avoided every single move i would do to it, and proceeded to baton pass max speed, attack and evasion to a excadrill ;~;

A blaziken with fire blast. Why? I mean, There's nothing Fire blast will hit that Flare blitz won't, except maybe Defensive Groudon, and even then, that's what SD is for.
To be fair though, it did do 65% to groudon, so it's not all moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)