Gen 6 Silly things on the Ubers ladder that just HAPPENED to screw you over

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-165666417

Started laddering from the bottom for fun and to test some sets and had this battle where I was literally laughing my ass off the entire time.
This battle features Drill Peck Zapdos almost killing my Mega Mewtwo X with a crit (said Zapdos also had Giga Impact) as well as me getting predicted by a Blizzard Tyranitar (rip Lando-T), Earth Power (+EQ) Lando-T (Lando-I with Earth Power is way too mainstream) and 4 out of 5 Stone Edges missing lol.

to follow the format from what I've seen the sets were:
Zapdos
Leftovers
no clue about evs
- Drill Peck
- Giga Impact
- Thunderbolt
- ???

Tyranitar
???
no clue about evs
- Blizzard
- ???
- ???
- ???

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-165871584

Olympic Medals = Ho-oh

Turn 3

Kyogre used Thunder!
It's super effective! The opposing Olympic Medals lost 25.5% of its health!
The opposing Olympic Medals is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

The opposing Olympic Medals used Giga Drain!
It's super effective! Kyogre lost 29.2% of its health!
Kyogre had its energy drained!

Turn 7
n00b joined.

Kyogre used Water Spout!
It's super effective! The opposing Olympic Medals lost 59.1% of its health!

It's super effective! Kyogre lost 28.7% of its health!

Turn 8

Kyogre used Water Spout!
It's super effective! The opposing Olympic Medals lost 35.1% of its health!

It's super effective! Kyogre lost 27.5% of its health!
So... how does this Ho-oh achieve such amazing power? In the words of his creator:

★EmperorEmpoleon22:Assualt Vest, max sp. def, max hp
Low ladder at its finest

okay, this didn't *happen* to screw me over, so much as it was just Completely unexpected and overpowered, like the first time you run into Geomancy Xerneas

Dialga Life Orb
Ability: Presure
EVs: Idk
- Flash Cannon
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Idk

what was so difficult about this? THE GUY SMASH PASSED INTO IT. I expected him to go into Something else but the coverage was just too good and I got swept.

Thugly Duckling

I play TCG now
Zekrom @ Choice Specs
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire] ????

Go! The Block Is Hot (Groudon)!
The opposing Zekrom is radiating a bursting aura!
The sunlight turned harsh!

Turn 1
Groudon: Sup Zekrom, I'm gonna set-up rocks on you huehuehuehue
Zekrom: Fuck you. (I've got Specs for this sunlight-summoning bitch hehehehehe)
The opposing Zekrom used Draco Meteor!
The Block Is Hot lost 90.8% of its health!
Groudon: DAAAMN YOOOU DRAGON METEORS!!!

The replay

Last edited:

Hey guys, yesterday I found someone running SCARF xerneas, now this idea sounds very crazy to begin with lol. But, it actually has worked out pretty good, heres the set that it may have been:
Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 68 Atk / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Mild Nature
- Moonblast
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Sleep Talk

Hey guys, yesterday I found someone running SCARF xerneas, now this idea sounds very crazy to begin with lol. But, it actually has worked out pretty good, heres the set that it may have been:
Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Mild Nature
- Moonblast
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Sleep Talk
That set's actually standard except with Rock Slide > Close Combat and possibly Aromatherapy

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Megahorn doesn really hit anything I can think of (in fact both Steel and Poison resist Bug). Rock Slide is mainly for Ho-Oh, but you don't really need to run Scarf for that because Xern is faster and being locked into Rock Slide is pretty bad. Mixed Xern generally better with LO imo, especially w Aromatherapy.

Edit: forgot about MMY so I guess Megahorn is legit but eh, also bad move to be locked into.

edit again: to clarify I think Mixed LO / EB Xern is a better lure because the stuff you lure (Blissey and Ho-oh with CC and Rock Slide, Ferro and Scizor with HP Fire) is slower, and you don't really want to be locked into CC, Slide, or HP Fire.

Last edited:

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Megahorn doesn really hit anything I can think of (in fact both Steel and Poison resist Bug). Rock Slide is mainly for Ho-Oh, but you don't really need to run Scarf for that because Xern is faster and being locked into Rock Slide is pretty bad. Mixed Xern generally better with LO imo. Aromatherapy is legit though.
Megahorn hits Mewtwo / MMY and Deoxys formes, though Attack dies to anything; I don't think it hits anything else, but I might be wrong (Darkrai is hit harder by Moonblast anyhow)

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Mild Nature
- Moonblast
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Sleep Talk
Oh lol I believe that was me. Scarf Xern is pretty good. Close Combat doesn't hits anything outside of Chansey as mentioned above but I was just messing around. Here's the set I've been using

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 76 Atk / 248 SpA / 184 Spe
Rash Nature
- Moonblast
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Sleep Talk

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Max Attack Shadow Force Gira-O is actually quite good and really shouldn't be random at all tbh.

Well, it didn't screw ME over, but looks like a Power Trick Shuckle just swept a team and caused a forfeit. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-170615159

EDIT: I literally just noticed the replay SAYS to put it here.

REEDIT: Oh, right. Set.
Shuckle @ Lum Berry
Nature: Adamant?
EVs: Probably 252 in Atk, not sure what else.
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Knock Off
-Gyro Ball

Smeargle @ Lum Berry
Nature: IDK
EVs: IDK
-Minimize
-Swords Dance
-Power Trick
-Baton Pass

Last edited:
Max Speed Calm Mind Thunder Wave Lugia.

Lugia @ ? (not Leftovers)
Ability: who even knows
EVs: 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave
- Aeroblast
- Roost

It didn't really screw me over, it was just really dumb. I brought in my Gengar (not yet M-Evo'd) to Taunt it. On the switch it used Calm Mind, which wasn't too suprising because I see it a lot on the lower ladder. I preceded to M-Evo my Gar and lose a Speed tie to the Lugia (I had max Speed w/ Timid) and get Thunder Waved. I said something in the chat about max Speed Lugia being an interesting option, and the we ended up having a whole conversation about how Speed actually works, since the guy had no idea what a Speed tie was. I still pulled out a 2-0 or 3-0 or something victory, thanks to my Toxic Spikes whittling his team enough to sweep it with GeoXern.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)