Gen 6 Silly things on the Ubers ladder that just HAPPENED to screw you over

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uberssuspecttest-150066645

I just...I don't want to think about it any more. (I'm the guy in back)

Actually I will, just to provide a tally:
Hax against me:
-3 WoW misses
-1 Toxic miss
-Two Fire Blast misses
-One full para

Hax for me:
-Two full para
-Two pointless crits
-A useless flinch (well, sort of. At the very least, it let me be in with my Klefki when Lugia died)

Obviously I don't know how the battle would've really gone down had none of that happened, I'm fairly certain that if I had at least gotten the burn off onto the Arceus, especially early on, I would've probably been able to win.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uberssuspecttest-150066645

I just...I don't want to think about it any more. (I'm the guy in back)

Actually I will, just to provide a tally:
Hax against me:
-3 WoW misses
-1 Toxic miss
-Two Fire Blast misses
-One full para

Hax for me:
-Two full para
-Two pointless crits
-A useless flinch (well, sort of. At the very least, it let me be in with my Klefki when Lugia died)

Obviously I don't know how the battle would've really gone down had none of that happened, I'm fairly certain that if I had at least gotten the burn off onto the Arceus, especially early on, I would've probably been able to win.
This is not the thread for you to complain about hax, sorry. Read the OP to see what we're actually looking for.

This is not the thread for you to complain about hax, sorry. Read the OP to see what we're actually looking for.
Apologies. Guess I took the title too generically, I should've read the OP first. Was thinking it just meant any stupid shit that screwed you over in a match.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-133575628

Some idiot decided to challenge me to an Ubers battle, and I, thinking this would be an easy win, accepted. I was faced with one of the most competent balance teams that people often steal: Makiri.

I thought I was facing a legitimate team.

I was wrong.

I swooped in with my GeoXern to sweep this guy's team, and then I was promptly met by this Mewtwo set.

Makiri (Mewtwo) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd ( I really hope)
Timid Nature ( I think?)
- Psych Up
- Psystrike
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
And of course, it turned my 5-3 win into a 3-0 loss.

EDIT:

So, the person who made this flaweless version of Team Makiri decided to grace me by showing me the importable version of his team, EV spreads and all.

http://pastebin.com/F6gDWHBb
Oh my, what the f*** was that >_>

Ok, this doesn't fit exactly the Ubers ladder, considering it's a random Wi Fi, but I used an Ubers team, and trust me, this story deserves to be told.

So, I was looking for people to test on my fresh EVed sun team, when I notice a weird profile. His nick was the same symbol (maybe a Kanji) repeated, all his datas were numbers with question marks, and he had no pokémon shown.
I immediately felt like he was a cheater, and challenged him to see what crazy shit he would have shown. And oh boy, was it a trip.
I kinda defended my self (put down three of those things), but though my ass was kicked, I regret nothing. Every single turn was a majestic WTF.

Starring:
-Shiny Bulbasaur called Heatran, doing the sound of Deoxys, using Stealth Rock, Spikes, and Thunder Wave.
-An EGG with Trick Room, Sheer Cold, and what I assume is No Guard as ability.
-Shiny Volcanion using Draco Meteor, and packed with Contrary. Also, he hade the water jem.
-Shiny Mega Mewtwo Y. And I'm not saying that he evolved regular Mewtwo. HE LITERALLY SENDS IN MEGA MOTHERF*CKING MEWTWO Y.
AND THE NEXT TURN HE EVOLVED INTO THE X VERSION.
And yeah, he had Sheer Cold+No Guard.

At this point I lost. And he didn't even show Yveltal and one of the Mega Lati.

Seriously, never before I had such a mindf*ck.

Last edited:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokemonhispano-ubers-104384
Didn't screw me over, but the guy with five things that are nowhere near Ubers viable plus Megamom gets a 5-0 win over a team with six actual Ubers on it. And it would have been 6-0 had it not been for Curse Mega Gengar. Of course, the guy with actual Ubers had some bad things, like Toxic+Nightmare Darkrai, HP Fighting (which was used on Dusclops)+Aerial Ace Aegislash, and Dragon Rush+Dragon Claw Yveltal.

Edit: On second thought, it was Curse that screwed over the Megamom sweep.

Last edited:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-133575628

Some idiot decided to challenge me to an Ubers battle, and I, thinking this would be an easy win, accepted. I was faced with one of the most competent balance teams that people often steal: Makiri.

I thought I was facing a legitimate team.

I was wrong.

I swooped in with my GeoXern to sweep this guy's team, and then I was promptly met by this Mewtwo set.

Makiri (Mewtwo) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd ( I really hope)
Timid Nature ( I think?)
- Psych Up
- Psystrike
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
And of course, it turned my 5-3 win into a 3-0 loss.

EDIT:

So, the person who made this flaweless version of Team Makiri decided to grace me by showing me the importable version of his team, EV spreads and all.

http://pastebin.com/F6gDWHBb
#but muh priority

That's a great check by Uber standards, and this is exactly what Ubers is compared to OU- many mons doesn't have true counters.

Every relevant Uber player obviously knows that without prior damage or when using a bulky spread/no LO on ekiller, it will live this. If you look closely checks to a lot of things are restricted, especially to this mon. Last generation Terrakion was considered a great revenge killer to Ekiller, but it didn't OHKO. Fightceus was a similar mon to what Yveltal is now, it was a great check, but nothing truly counters every Arceus-Normal set.

This example isn't exactly relevant to this thread cause it's more a misunderstanding of Uber play dynamics than anything else, so keep in mind that its a very different metagame from others next time you here something loosely defined as "check" or "counter"

Well I kinda deleted the post after seeing that Rocket Helmet is mentioned on Yveltal's analysis page for this exact reason. I think what you wrote is worth discussing, but it's probably better to do that in the Arceus-N analysis page.

On a side note, physically defensive Yveltal was one of those Pokemon I'd never used before, so I didn't know it would fail to OHKO bulky non-LO EKiller. Now I do!

This wasn't on the ladder, it was actually the finals of a tournament. I lead with probopass, he starts with deoxys. He taunts while i magic coat it back, and then he switches out into lugia and i toxic. i switch out into yveltal, he aeroblasts me(!?), and then i kill with dark pulse. He switches back into deo speed, and i go into probopass again while he sets up rocks. I then proceed to toxic/painsplit/protect him to death. He goes into mega mewtwo x, and i do the same thing to it, dying in the end.
Basically,
Probopass @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 2
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Magic Coat
- Protect
- Pain Split
took out half his team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)