Reshiram
Spread: Idk
Nature: Idc
-Blue Flare
-EXTRASENSORY
-Idfk m8
-gg no re

Reshiram used Extrasensory!
It's super effective! The opposing Arceus-Poison lost 69% of its health!

RIP Poisonceus

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reshiram used Extrasensory!
It's super effective! The opposing Arceus-Poison lost 69% of its health!

RIP Poisonceus
Doesn't Blue Flare deal more damage anyways.

Actually it does:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Turboblaze Reshiram Extrasensory vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Poison: 272-322 (61.2 - 72.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Turboblaze Reshiram Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Poison: 331-391 (74.5 - 88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This should've been posted in the "silly based plays on the Ubers ladder" thread, you were pretty much screwed either way.

Level 56

Faded memories
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 6th Grand Slam Winner
Doesn't Blue Flare deal more damage anyways.

Actually it does:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Turboblaze Reshiram Extrasensory vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Poison: 272-322 (61.2 - 72.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Turboblaze Reshiram Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Poison: 331-391 (74.5 - 88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This should've been posted in the "silly based plays on the Ubers ladder" thread, you were pretty much screwed either way.
There is a reason why that guy decided to use extrasensory instead of blue flare against poisonceus.

He must have thought that its better to use extrasensory instead of blue flare because of the 85% accuracy of blue flare, since both moves are nearly doing the same amount of damage, so I think it was better to use extrasensory in this situation.

Um...
252+ SpA Jirachi Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 168-200 (43.5 - 51.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Jirachi: 218-258 (63.9 - 75.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Well it was a critical hit and I was already around 70%.

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
Um...
252+ SpA Jirachi Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 168-200 (43.5 - 51.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Jirachi: 218-258 (63.9 - 75.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

just look at Heatran's shit eating grin

Hidden Power Ground?

"YUM! GIVE ME MORE!"

once i got asbsolutely destroyed by normal gem arceus because my arceus check on that team was groudon but between rocks and normal gem groudon never got a roar off and I died

arceus-normal
adamant no idea other evs
espeed sd eq ??

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-133575628

Some idiot decided to challenge me to an Ubers battle, and I, thinking this would be an easy win, accepted. I was faced with one of the most competent balance teams that people often steal: Makiri.

I thought I was facing a legitimate team.

I was wrong.

I swooped in with my GeoXern to sweep this guy's team, and then I was promptly met by this Mewtwo set.

Makiri (Mewtwo) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd ( I really hope)
Timid Nature ( I think?)
- Psych Up
- Psystrike
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
And of course, it turned my 5-3 win into a 3-0 loss.

EDIT:

So, the person who made this flaweless version of Team Makiri decided to grace me by showing me the importable version of his team, EV spreads and all.

http://pastebin.com/F6gDWHBb

Last edited:

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus

Some idiot decided to challenge me to an Ubers battle, and I, thinking this would be an easy win, swooped in with my GeoXern to sweep this guy's team, and then I was promptly met by this Mewtwo set.

Timid Nature ( I think?)
- Psych Up
- Psystrike
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
Haruno is going to love this :]

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Some idiot decided to challenge me to an Ubers battle, and I, thinking this would be an easy win, accepted. I was faced with one of the most competent balance teams that people often steal: Makiri.

I thought I was facing a legitimate team.

I was wrong.

I swooped in with my GeoXern to sweep this guy's team, and then I was promptly met by this Mewtwo set.

Timid Nature ( I think?)
- Psych Up
- Psystrike
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam

EDIT:

So, the person who made this flaweless version of Team Makiri decided to grace me by showing me the importable version of his team, EV spreads and all.

http://pastebin.com/F6gDWHBb
He kept the nicknames. He's a fucking winner in my book.

Double post, but whatever.

I was playing a pretty normal Ubers game while on the ladder. Everything seemed perfectly fine, the player was using a perfectly legitimate team with good synergy and he was using actual cores with proper movesets and good EVs. He neglected to set up Stealth Rocks on my side of the field, and he managed to get his Xerneas in. He used Geomancy while I attacked him, and then he killed the poke I had in at the time, and I got a free switch on my Ho-Oh. My Ho-Oh was a 252 HP CB Ho-Oh, easily capable of OHKO'ing Xerneas at the amount of health it had, which was 60%. I clicked Brave Bird, because I wanted to make sure this kill would happen for 100%, because nobody wants to have Sacred Fire miss at this one time you REALLY don't want it to miss.

The opposing Xerneas used Hidden Power!
It's super effective! Ho-Oh lost 100% of its health!
Ho-Oh fainted!
Flaming Facepalm was paralyzed! He may be unable to move!
Flaming Facepalm is paralyzed! It can't move!
Flaming Facepalm used Keyboard Throw!
But it had no effect...

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 SAtk / 120 Spd / 136 HP
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SDef / 30 Spd / 0 Atk
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Rock]

At least, I think that was the spread. Now, I can see why somebody who really doesn't like Ho-Oh could use HP Rock on GeoXern, but the fact that a tiny bit of prior damage on Ho-Oh makes Thunder an OHKO on it and the fact that Thunder is useful for killing things outside of Ho-Oh, like SpDef Kyogre and Lugia makes HP Rock, in my opinion, "silly."

Last edited:
Double post, but whatever.

I was playing a pretty normal Ubers game while on the ladder. Everything seemed perfectly fine, the player was using a perfectly legitimate team with good synergy and he was using actual cores with proper movesets and good EVs. He neglected to set up Stealth Rocks on my side of the field, and he managed to get his Xerneas in. He used Geomancy while I attacked him, and then he killed the poke I had in at the time, and I got a free switch on my Ho-Oh. My Ho-Oh was a 252 HP CB Ho-Oh, easily capable of OHKO'ing Xerneas at the amount of health it had, which was 60%. I clicked Brave Bird, because I wanted to make sure this kill would happen for 100%, because nobody wants to have Sacred Fire miss at this one time you REALLY don't want it to miss.

The opposing Xerneas used Hidden Power!
It's super effective! Ho-Oh lost 100% of its health!
Ho-Oh fainted!
Flaming Facepalm was paralyzed! He may be unable to move!
Flaming Facepalm is paralyzed! It can't move!
Flaming Facepalm used Keyboard Throw!
But it had no effect...

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 SAtk / 120 Spd / 136 HP
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SDef / 30 Spd / 0 Atk
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Rock]

At least, I think that was the spread. Now, I can see why somebody who really doesn't like Ho-Oh could use HP Rock on GeoXern, but the fact that a tiny bit of prior damage on Ho-Oh makes Thunder an OHKO on it and the fact that Thunder is useful for killing things outside of Ho-Oh, like SpDef Kyogre and Lugia makes HP Rock, in my opinion, "silly."
I think that kind of makes sense before you put thought into it, because it does lure and kill Ho-oh, but as you said thunder is almost as strong and also more importantly imo it prevents it from using HP fire, which prevents things like scizor and Ferro from being as big of problems.

Timid Nature ( I think?)
- Psych Up
- Psystrike
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
Why didn't your Yveltal use Sucker Punch on the 1% Mewtwo?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)