Gen 6 Silly things on the Ubers ladder that just HAPPENED to screw you over

Why didn't your Yveltal use Sucker Punch on the 1% Mewtwo?
This. That whole battle was full of retarded plays.
Why would you Taunt a Kyogre turn 1 when its an easy two layer of hazards?
Why switch out?
Why Flare Blitz in rain (or at all) when you could OHKO with Low Kick?
Analyzing it is more than likely pointless and there is probably a joke i'm missing somewhere.

Why didn't your Yveltal use Sucker Punch on the 1% Mewtwo?
Choice Scarf Yveltal. The moveset was U-Turn/Oblivion Wing/Hurricane/Dark Pulse, I think.

This. That whole battle was full of retarded plays.
Why would you Taunt a Kyogre turn 1 when its an easy two layer of hazards?
Why switch out?
Why Flare Blitz in rain (or at all) when you could OHKO with Low Kick?
Analyzing it is more than likely pointless and there is probably a joke i'm missing somewhere.
I wasn't really playing my best in that replay. Knight Templar was on a bet with me saying that he could beat me using a retarded team, so I made a ton of stupid plays to spite him.

Agreed, but to what purpose? :)
Gotta STAB something?

I could only assume he was using a physical set and an effective 120 BP move after STAB from a physical Deoxys-A will put a dent in a lot of stuff. If it had special moves on it too I would have thrown my hands into the air.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-133575628

Some idiot decided to challenge me to an Ubers battle, and I, thinking this would be an easy win, accepted. I was faced with one of the most competent balance teams that people often steal: Makiri.

I thought I was facing a legitimate team.

I was wrong.

I swooped in with my GeoXern to sweep this guy's team, and then I was promptly met by this Mewtwo set.

Makiri (Mewtwo) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd ( I really hope)
Timid Nature ( I think?)
- Psych Up
- Psystrike
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
And of course, it turned my 5-3 win into a 3-0 loss.

EDIT:

So, the person who made this flaweless version of Team Makiri decided to grace me by showing me the importable version of his team, EV spreads and all.

http://pastebin.com/F6gDWHBb
Note: 10/10 battle pre-planned move for move.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I= Assumptions

Dialga @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 ? / 252 Spe (He had no HP or Def investment at all so I assume it is here)
Nature: ?
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- Dragon Tail

So this basically ?idon'teven pwned lead Cloyster while I was smash passing the ladder one tonight. I am very lucky he didn't have Shadow Claw on SD Arceus-Ghost or anything else to hit Gira with (I saw his Ghostceus set through Ditto) because this thing got Stealth Rock up which usually means the end for Smash Pass teams.

Enjoy the replay, it's actually quite funny:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-143231841

Last edited:

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Um, since when has para shuffling Dialga been standard? I understand the intent of the set isn't very strang but it is more of a "why does this even exist" random then anything. After not playing on the ladder for about a month, this was more of a wake-up call than anything and it did come very close to screwing me over.

Um, since when has para shuffling Dialga been standard? I understand the intent of the set isn't very strang but it is more of a "why does this even exist" random then anything. After not playing on the ladder for about a month, this was more of a wake-up call than anything and it did come very close to screwing me over.
It's bad set, but I wouldn't call it silly. It seems like one of those things a newer player would do to experiment as they learn the meta, but I suppose it has a function sort of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)