Programming Showdex - An Auto-Updating Damage Calculator Built into Showdown!

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Hello, this is probably known, but wanted to point it out anyway.

Showdex simply seems to crash whenever a gen 9 battle starts:

1668830637206.png

Sabelette

from the river to the sea
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Awesome calculator but just wanted to mention a tiny issue, some stats for gen 1 mons show as 1 point too high! In gen 1 stat caps are 1 point lower because of how stat exp works (think it's the same in gen 2 as well). Here's an example with Snorlax, for some reason HP and SPC are correct and the others aren't.

1670015626731.png

1670015560967.png

Edit:
Windows
Chrome
All formats
Never loads period
Hmm damn, everything seems pretty standard.

Last thing, could you go into your Chrome extensions page (type in chrome://extensions into your URL bar), click on Details for Showdex, then verify that https://pkmn.github.io/* is enabled under Site access (or Automatically allow access on the following sites is enabled like in the screenshot below)?

SCR-20221205-pt2.png

Thanks! :o

Awesome calculator but just wanted to mention a tiny issue, some stats for gen 1 mons show as 1 point too high! In gen 1 stat caps are 1 point lower because of how stat exp works (think it's the same in gen 2 as well). Here's an example with Snorlax, for some reason HP and SPC are correct and the others aren't.

View attachment 470315
View attachment 470314
Good catch! Might be a rounding error on my end since I know legacy gens use some weird rounding technique. I'll double check. Thanks!! :)

I know the extension works for other people, but when I try to use it I get the issue visible below.
Any ideas what the problem might be?
View attachment 468340
Could you let me know what gen and format this battle is in? Additionally, your OS (Windows/macOS/Linux/etc.) and Browser would be helpful info too!

Definitely strange that the row of Pokémon is missing (even if no Pokémon are loaded, there should be a pixel dot icon at the very least).

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... the rabbit hole continues... :o

When you're in a battle with the Calcdex open and it's doing the loading thingy, can you right-click anywhere on the page, click Inspect (or hit F12), go to the Console tab at the top, then anywhere in the logs, right-click, Save as..., then send me the resulting *.log file? (Don't think there's any personal identifiable information in there, but if you'd like, feel free to PM me as well.)

SCR-20221205-u38.png

You may not see as many logs like you see in the screenshot above, but hopefully it'll help me narrow down the problem.

(Hoping that it pooped some error out onto the console since the Calcdex visually shows that it's still loading. Worse case, nothing's there, but we'll cross that bridge then.)

Thanks again lolol.

Could you let me know what gen and format this battle is in? Additionally, your OS (Windows/macOS/Linux/etc.) and Browser would be helpful info too!

Definitely strange that the row of Pokémon is missing (even if no Pokémon are loaded, there should be a pixel dot icon at the very least).
I get the problem for every gen and format but I believe the image shown is from gen 8 randbats.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... the rabbit hole continues... :o

When you're in a battle with the Calcdex open and it's doing the loading thingy, can you right-click anywhere on the page, click Inspect (or hit F12), go to the Console tab at the top, then anywhere in the logs, right-click, Save as..., then send me the resulting *.log file? (Don't think there's any personal identifiable information in there, but if you'd like, feel free to PM me as well.)

View attachment 471499

You may not see as many logs like you see in the screenshot above, but hopefully it'll help me narrow down the problem.

(Hoping that it pooped some error out onto the console since the Calcdex visually shows that it's still loading. Worse case, nothing's there, but we'll cross that bridge then.)

Thanks again lolol.
currently I get the error with the QR code on it so I don't even get the loading error

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)