ShoddyBattle - GymLeaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've created official Shoddybattle smogon server Gym Leaders.
They are not just alt accounts, they are real BOTS.
I am also in the process of working on Elite Four members, and The champion. I am Beta testing 3/4 of the Elite four members atm.
While the Gym Leaders are completely finished, I don't know how long it will take me to finish the E4 Bots. Although the Gym Leaders DO have afew bugs.
Bug-Sometimes the Gyms/E4 Members will accidentally load the wrong team, e.g. "GymLeaderBug Sends out Electrode!" After loading the Electric team, instead.
Fix-I've created a patch (1.6) and made it so the bot will send a message on the chat tab of the battle of the command of the patch, and will end the match. Then just challenge the bot again and it most likely will load the right team.
Bug-It's pointless to challenge the Gyms/E4 to a "Random pokemon battle" because they will not recognize the codes of the pokemon they're using or the attacks.
Fix-The bot will just leave the match, then you can challenge them again. (TO A REAL MATCH PLEASE)
Bug-Sometimes the battle request doesn't go through.
Fix-Just request again.
Bug-When the Gyms have atleast 2 battles each at a time, It overloads and it has to shut down for afew minutes.
Fix-I've recently patched this, and made it so the bots do their best to decline matches when they already have 2 running matches.
At the moment, you can gain badges from the gym leaders, if it says something like "Here, you've earned this badge, take it!" At the end of the match, that means you've got the badge and it recorded the information. Once 8 Badges are obtained you have earned the right to face the Elite Four (Not Done Yet). If all Elite Four members are defeated you can face off against the Champion. How do you battle the gym leaders? Just find them in the 'G' Section of the Users tab and challenge them. Their Names are GymLeaderFlying, GymLeaderWater, GymLeaderGhost Etc... There is only afew Gyms on at one time (Max 3) and after afew minutes the gyms are given a command to switch with 3 other types of gyms. There are gyms for each pokemon type, but there is no real order of the gyms that you must fight. If someone using the name like Water Gym Leader or Water GymLeader, Fighting GymLeader is online and is claiming to be a real gym, They're fakes and will waste your time completely, Unless all you're wanting is a battle and not a real gym battle. My username on ShoddyBattle is SmogonBotHost, Although I was NOT straightforwardly given permission (Or told) to do this, it's just for fun. Everyone likes it, I like it, It's not spamming everyone, It's not lagging anything, So please do not ban.

That's a lot of effort you put there, but not really worthy of a thread here, or anywhere else on the forums. Maybe if this was a thread to discuss good AI, it would be good on Stark.

also
[20:52:12] <+Kevin_Garrett> This is a good example of why people can make their own server :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)