SS Doubles OU Shoddy DOU rain team

Hello to anyone that somehow finds this, I came across a RMT thread and thought that I would post something of my own here. It's an offensive rain team designed for use in gen 8 DOU. However to call this a functional team would be a stretch, as my teambuilding skills are decent at best. However I hope that my team will at least amuse you all, if nothing else.

SETS

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Weather Ball
- Defog

This is my rain setter. It's also designed to be a powerful threat, able to dish out heavy blows to opposing mons, as people expect a much bulkier peli than mine. It's obviously not outspeeding anything so that's the modest nature right there, and damp rock and drizzle speak for themselves. U-Turn is for slow pivoting if I need to bring any of my mons into the game, hurricane is for damage, and weather ball is here because I don't like hydro pump's 80% accuracy, and weather ball is 100% with only a 10 power drop. It also turns into a fire type move if for some reason my opponent has a sun team(venusaur just fucking dies because it doesn't OHKO the birb) it's very handy. Defog was just my last move slot. I figured it would be nice to have because otherwise stealth rocks are really annoying in any sort of drawn out game.

Dracovish @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Ice Fang

It's a fairly standard scarf fish set. Jolly is to get the speed edge on any other potential dracovish, so I can at least force them to a speed tie. EVs speak for themselves, as does it's ability. Rend is a must of course, and the other 3 are just moves I slapped on it. I didn't think too much with this mon as I've only ever found myself clicking rend, although crunch has come in handy sometimes against a water absorb mon(gastrodon I hate you)

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Iron Defense
- Gyro Ball
- Body Press
- Leech Seed

Specially bulky ferro with iron defense, gyro ball, body press and leech seed. This thing takes a surprising amount of kills, and usually at least gives me some chip with leech seed or gyro. Body press and iron defense are not used as much, however body press has definitely come in handy on some occasions, so I kept it. ID can probably be replaced with power whip to hit gastro better, however I like the extra physical bulk that it gives. This mon, along with indeedee, are usually my go to pair if I spot a trick room. I'll try to get chip off with seed+force, then effectively stall for 3 or 4 turns, sac my indeedee in the end, then go into one of my fish to end their whole careers.

Barraskewda @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Flip Turn
- Close Combat
- Liquidation
- Crunch

Despite looking like this belongs in singles, Barraskewda is(in my opinion) a really good mon in DOU. Sure it only has single target attacks, but anything it hits tends to just die, so who cares? I usually pair it on the field with either indeedee(if it's still alive), zapdos or even my other fish to have two fast, powerful nukes on the field, ready to smack anything that comes in. FT is if I need to pivot, CC is for anything that resists water, LQ is for everything else, and crunch is for that tiny period where my opponent has a water absorber(gastrodon) on the field and I need something for lele.

Indeedee-F (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Expanding Force
- Follow Me
- Heal Pulse
- Protect

It's a support indeedee set. Simple as that. I haven't really messed around with this set at all, it's just a fast and bulky. In reality it probably doesn't need the speed as it's never meant to attack in any real capacity, but it has speed in case it needs it. Force is a given as it needs some attack because I don't want it becoming taunt bait. Follow me is for if I need to sac it or in general to get a mon in safely. Heal pulse is if one of my sweepers gets low and I get the chance to use it, although I almost never click it so maybe another move like ally switch would be better, and finally protect is for stalling out turns(terrain, trick room, sun/sand/hail)

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Defog
- Thunder Wave

Offensive zapdos is really fun. Surprisingly it doesn't die to most single hits(except stone edge but that's fucking stone edge) and can usually get off at least one nuke before it goes down, if it does. Thunder and hurricane are obvious on a rain team. Defog is for rocks and twave is for if I catch any opposing rain teams, or just fast nusicances in general. It absolutely shuts down mons like kingdra, other fish, and dragapult because all of a sudden that speed that those mons are so proud of are just fucking gone.

Notes:I had variations with Zeaora and even manectric in the zapdos slot, however they were too awful to keep around, as I liked the thundercane combo from the birb a lot more.

Threat list

Rillaboom:The demonic monkey is a horrible matchup here, considering that the offensive parts my team are made up almost entirely of water types. I can use Zapdos+ferro to take it out if I need to, but that means taking chip on one of them, and isn't always a good strategy if my opponent also has a non fire type on the board.
Urshifu rapid:The fact that this thing's signature is A:Buffed by my own rain, and B:always crits is a problem. I can't even wall with ferro because this bastard usually runs CC on it.
Whimsicott:This ball isn't usually the threat per se, but it's partner usually is. A beat up justified is never a problem for me, however if it decides to go for a tailwind, then unless I need the baramundi and have rain up, my opponent is probably faster and takes a kill or does a significant amount of damage.
Celesteela:Kind of just doesn't die.
Volc/gastro:Both of these are more inconveniences than threats, as I can kill volc easily with a thunder, and gastro can't take repeated bludgeonings from my team if it's not being bombarded with water moves, but if paired with some of the mons listed above, then the fight becomes really annoying.

Well there's the team. I hope that you liked it, or at least had a chuckle at my expense. It's not pretty, it's not polished, but it works for me.

This is the singles OU forum lol
Sorry, I couldn't find any DOU teams in the other forums so I just put it here. should I delete it and move it?

ironwater edit: it's ok, moved the thread in the right place and added a DOU tag

Last edited by a moderator:
:pelipper: :dracovish: :ferrothorn: :Barraskewda: :indeedee-f: :zapdos:

Pelipper -> Politoed

Politoed @ Eject Button
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Helping Hand
- Toxic
- Protect

Politoed is the more traditional Rain setter because its bulk allows it to set Rain more reliably than Pelipper, its access to useful support moves, and no need for Tailwind with Zapdos on the team.

Dracovish -> Kingdra

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Hydro Pump

Kingdra is a stronger choice than Dracovish because it can afford to run Choice Specs because of Swift Swim and has more than one viable move (which lets it hit Pokemon like Kyurem-B, Rillaboom, and Amoonguss for super effective damage). It also doesn't have to worry about Intimidate.

Iron Defense Ferrothorn -> Assault Vest Ferrothorn

Ferrothorn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Steel Roller

Assault Vest Ferrothorn covers Rain's blindsides well. Compared to Iron Defense + Body Press, Power Whip hits annoying Water-types, Knock Off removes key items such as Assault Vest on Rillaboom, while Steel Roller tears down Terrain which is quite helpful for Rillaboom.

Barraskewda -> Urshifu-R

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- U-turn

Similar to replacing Dracovish for Kingdra, this is almost a direct upgrade. Urshifu-R ignores Intimidate since Surging Strikes always lands a critical hit, goes through Protect with Unseen Fist, has strong priority in Aqua Jet, and strong Fighting STAB for Kyurem-B.

Indeedee-F -> Tsareena

Tsareena (F) @ Wide Lens
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 16 Def / 76 SpD / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Triple Axel
- U-turn
- Taunt

You have the right idea in having a Pokemon to block Protect, but Tsareena does it a bit better because of its better match-ups into Water- and Grass-types. It can also Taunt Trick Room setters and pivot out of unfavorable positions with U-Turn.

Leftovers Zapdos -> Safety Goggles Zapdos

Zapdos @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Static
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Tailwind
- Protect

Small change - you want Safety Goggles to beat Amoonguss, Tailwind as superior Speed Control to Thunder Wave, and Protect to keep safe.

:politoed: :kingdra: :ferrothorn: :urshifu: :tsareena: :zapdos:(click me!)

Enjoy, let me know if you have any questions. You have the right idea of a Rain team - I just provided some upgrades.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)