Shoddy battle server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new, I do not know well the "rules"
I have created the server to shoddy battle, but then I would also like to have it permanently on the list of servers on shoddy battle? you could help me please?
my English is not perfect
Thanks

bearzly

Shoddy Battle dev
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I can add you to the list if you tell me the server name, host name or IP address of the server computer, and the port the server is running on.

You need to tell Colin the hostname that your server can actually be reached on; the hostname is what someone can put into the Advanced connect box on the client to connect to your server.

It needs to be a globally accessible (ie not 127.0.0.1, 192.168.x.x or your local computer name) and, because you probably don't have a fixed external IP address, you need to use a domain name of your own (like shoddy.example.com), or a DynDNS service like the one I linked to above, that points to your server.

Basically, if you can set-up Java to use any random proxy server on the internet and still connect to your server then you have the right hostname.

Cathy

Banned deucer.
Don't double post, especially not to quote yourself.

Also, your server doesn't work, likely due to incorrect firewall or router configuration. Once you get it working, send bearzly or I a PM with the information we will list it. Since the question about how to get it listed has been answer, it's not necessary for this thread to remain open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)