Shoddy Battle Server help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little confused about how to use the No-IP address. I was making a Server for a website of mine, and I'm at a point where I don't know what to do.
-What is the host name? I've read about it over 20 times and don't get what it's for.
-How do I set it to my No-IP hostname when I create it?
Much help on this subject would be VERY helpful.
Thanks.

The hostname is the address on which your server can be reached, for example the Smogon server is on shoddybattle.smogon.com, if you have set up no-ip properly then whatever.no-ip.org should point to your computer. If you input that address (and the right port number) into the advanced connectbox it should work. The shoddy server itself doesn,t really care what address you're using to connect to it so as long as your firewall is allowing traffic on port 1234 and you've got the no-ip client running it should all just work.

Hope that makes sense.

Ifyou get it working and want to be listed on the main server list then send a pm to Colin.

Alright, I see what you're saying.

But if it works for me, how do I know if it will work for everyone else? Or will it start as soon as it is up on the main list?

bearzly

Shoddy Battle dev
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If you want other people to be able to connect, you need to make sure that you have the correct port forwarded on your router (the port that you specified in the server config). Once you've established that other people are able to connect, you can PM me or Colin with your server details and we can add it to the server list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)