Shoddy Battle on mobile devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
On regular cell phones, no, as they do not have Java script on them. Perhaps some modded iPhones or PSPs may be able to run it, but i do not think most current mobile devices can.

I'd love it if I could open a shoddy battle app on my phone and play on the go. But, this was discussed before and someone gave a complicated answer about why it technically couldn't be done.

(N)

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
shoddy battle iphone app would make a lot of money.. the licensing from nintendo would cost a lot though.

I'm pretty sure there's a way to put apps out for download on the internet, but I'm not sure, and that's if someone was up for making it in the first place @_@

I tried this on my Motorola Q a few months ago. I'll try it out on my blackberry tonight. I really doubt it would work though.

Pirika

O boxeador revolucionário
is an Artist Alumnus
I tested with JVM for PSP but it can only run .jar files(Shoddy Battle is JNLP). I think that for mobile devices is necessary to have a way to run Java Web Start.

Pirika

O boxeador revolucionário
is an Artist Alumnus
Smartphones usually only run .jar files but I don't know if is possible to make a mobile app for Shoddy Battle this way. I think when Android be released. People could try making a mobile version of Shoddy Battle.

bearzly

Shoddy Battle dev
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
With Shoddy Battle 2 the network protocol is going to be very simple so it will be easier for anyone to build a client for any platform. That being said, it would be up to someone else to do it, since me and Colin won't likely be working on it.

With Shoddy Battle 2 the network protocol is going to be very simple so it will be easier for anyone to build a client for any platform. That being said, it would be up to someone else to do it, since me and Colin won't likely be working on it.
/cue DougjustDoug

but yea, I think that smogon should actually go for it and make an shoddy iphone/android app, or even a dsi third party application.

smogon should make the BB version as well,and for if they make it for the DSi, please make it compatible with DS too(with R4 or supercards).

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
man I wish shoddy battle could be an iPhone app, would be so amazing.

and I have tried looking a way around to let my iPhone run java and such but I havent had any luck so I kind of just gave up.

Holy crap, that'd be awesome. Someone needs to step up and make this an iPhone app! *gets out Nerd's guide on how to whistle Programmer Calls*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)