Research Shiny Rental Pokemon?

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
I saw a post on twitter the other day of someone finding a shiny rental pokemon in the battle factory in gen 4. Is this a mod/fake or did gamefreak just royally goof up a shinylock?
The Generation 3 and Generation 4 battle facilities, most notably in the Battle Factory like you mentioned, so have a randomized 1 in 8,192 chance to appear Shiny. For whatever reason, procedurally generated Pokémon in these areas run the same kinds of Shiny checks as any naturally spawning wild Pokémon Cute Charm glitch not withstanding since I don't know if that affects the battle facilities in spite of the rental Pokémon carrying predetermined stats and movesets. Without the use of cheats or hacks, it's unfortunately impossible to take these Pokémon with you, but at that point most people who are cheating would likely just hack in their own custom Shiny Pokémon anyways. Yes, even those videos you might have come across about someone claiming to catch Shinies to keep from Emerald's Battle Pyramid. I'm pretty sure those aren't legitimately obtainable for good without either cheating or maybe some extremely obscure glitch I'm not aware of. Starting in the Generation 5 games, battle facility Pokémon can never be Shiny, excluding any Shinies of your own that you bring with you, of course. The closest you're going to get to obtaining a Shiny Pokémon for yourself from a battle facility, provided this isn't the same kind of location at all, is the gift Shiny Gible or Dratini you can claim as a prize from Benga after clearing all 10 Areas of the Black Tower or White Treehollow in Black 2 & White 2.

Hopefully this was able to answer any questions you might have :sphearical:

The Generation 3 and Generation 4 battle facilities, most notably in the Battle Factory like you mentioned, so have a randomized 1 in 8,192 chance to appear Shiny. For whatever reason, procedurally generated Pokémon in these areas run the same kinds of Shiny checks as any naturally spawning wild Pokémon Cute Charm glitch not withstanding since I don't know if that affects the battle facilities in spite of the rental Pokémon carrying predetermined stats and movesets. Without the use of cheats or hacks, it's unfortunately impossible to take these Pokémon with you, but at that point most people who are cheating would likely just hack in their own custom Shiny Pokémon anyways. Yes, even those videos you might have come across about someone claiming to catch Shinies to keep from Emerald's Battle Pyramid. I'm pretty sure those aren't legitimately obtainable for good without either cheating or maybe some extremely obscure glitch I'm not aware of. Starting in the Generation 5 games, battle facility Pokémon can never be Shiny, excluding any Shinies of your own that you bring with you, of course. The closest you're going to get to obtaining a Shiny Pokémon for yourself from a battle facility, provided this isn't the same kind of location at all, is the gift Shiny Gible or Dratini you can claim as a prize from Benga after clearing all 10 Areas of the Black Tower or White Treehollow in Black 2 & White 2.

Hopefully this was able to answer any questions you might have :sphearical:
Thanks for the info! That's cool to know abt gen 4, I've played a ton of battle factory and knowing I could find a random shiny, albeit an uncatchable one, is pretty cool.

As for the gen 3 factory, I've actually looked into that since people in the shiny hunting community have been hunting there for a community event. It seems that, without gameshark/hacking, you can use the somewhat famous at this point pomeg glitch to allow you to catch pokemon in the emerald battle factory, which is insanely cool.

IDK how relevant this is to what you’re aiming for, but Trainer Tower in FRLG actually has three Pokémon guaranteed to be shiny, a Meowth in Single Mode, an Espeon in Double Mode, and a Seaking in Knockout Mode.
Whoa I didn't know that, that's cool. I'm not sure if something like the pomeg glitch exists in frlg that would allow you to catch them though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)