Shiny Pokemon Experiences

Ever found a shiny Pokemon

• Total voters
Playing Pokemon for about 20 years, I have found many random shiny Pokémon if I may say so. I still remember my very first shiny.

I was like 9 years old and I think I knew about the Red Gyarados at the point. My brother also told me he found a shiny Zubat once, telling my it had golden sparkles. Not sure if he was lying or he wasnt able to catch, since he never showed me... But one day I was in the school bus as usual, playing Gold on my GBC. I started a new game, just got passed Violet City and went into a patch of grass and there I found my very first shiny Pokemon: Mareep. It was perfect, cute, pink, everything. I could catch it and it was an unbelievable moment, haha. I used it in my team and evolved into a Flaaffy. I remember I showed it to my frieds at school one day and they didnt believe me, since shiny Flaaffy looks kinda similar to the normal one, haha, especially in the older games. Later on it evolved into a Ampharos and always remained part of my team.

The sad thing about this is... Last time I turned on my Gold it must have been like 10 years ago. Later I realised the internal battery could die. I never dared to turn on my Gold ever again since I know this.. aah.

Crystal:
- Gyarados, of course.
- Rhyhorn, nicknamed Rhyhorny (my girlfriend's favourite pun) and given away to her on Virtual Console 3DS.
- Geodude, caught while grinding in Victory Road and just boxed.

Colosseum:
- Yanma, given away to my sister for her birthday.

LeafGreen:
- Bellsprout, accidentally ran away from it.
- Drowzee, I didn't have Poke Balls with me...
- Seaking, Safari Zone, it fled.
- Dratini, same Safari game as Seaking, fled.

SoulSilver:
- Shellder, caught while fishing for Chinchou/Lanturn.
- Shuckle, caught when smashing rocks to get Heart Scales.

AlphaSapphire:
- Swablu, random encounter when trying to help a friend with her PokeDex, she wanted a Swellow.

UltraMoon:
- Pichu, SOS chain, gift for my girlfriend.
- Mantine, coincidence when breeding, happened to have top IV's and a nice nature.
- Altaria, Ultra Wormhole.
- Chansey, SOS chain, gift for a friend.

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
While playing the Platinum CP and searching for a Gligar for my team on Route 206 I found this lil gal. I decided to name her Topaz, like the mineral. I'm also playing a mono-ground run, so she'll fit right in with the team!
I've also found a full odds Shellos when playing Platinum, a full odds Emolga on BW and a full odds Numel in Omega Ruby. Also hunted for shiny Fletchling on SM and got it. I plan on hunting for shiny Croagunk on Platinum once the CP is over.

:electric-gem:Topaz:electric-gem:
Topaz.jpg

During my school days, I was in the bus playing Silver in my Game Boy Color, trying to cross the first ice puzzle at the Ice Cave for the umpteenth time. After finally making it and going forward, a weird blue-ish Swinub attacked! A schoolmate, who also played Pokemon didn't even know what was that, and even suggested it might corrupt my save file (probably trolling, I had scuffles with him later), I didn't listen and caught it anyways.

My very first shiny ever, Swinub. May she rest in peace after the battery died out. The end...or is it?

20200928_191515.jpg

I was breeding Swinubs in Sword when suddenly I hatched this boi. Wish I had took a screenshot but I was so shocked I had got shiny Swinub of all Pokemon. My first shiny lives on! (well this one is male, pssshh details....)

Few days ago, I finally got my dream shiny - hatched full odds gen4 Pichu. It took only 462 eggs, which is amazing. I had 25 % chance it comes the way I want it (male with Timid nature, since Pika has 50/50 gender ratio and Everstone works only 50 % of the time in gen4). Well... it is female, but the Everstone worked!
So, maybe she isn´t in some special pokeball (pokeball passing isn´t a thing yet), just normal one, but she comes with Egg moves.
Not only that, but when I acquired my Diamond cartridge, I found out it´s an american version, not european (and I live in Europe). Which is weird, since I bought it in normal game store. So i guess that makes her even more special.
So happy with this girl, since Raichu is my favourite Pokémon, ever since the episode of the first season of anime, where Ash battles Lt. Surge.
And yes, she is now a Raichu, and is getting all the ribbons (already has the EV training one, Footprint one, few daily ones, and now we are working at Battle Tower. So far, we managed to obtain Pair ability ribbon.

I was playing Let's go Eevee, and was all done with the game, and was now traveling to the different legendary locations to catch them. I had gotten them all except Mewtwo and zapdos, and was saving Mewtwo for last. I found Zapdos and wasn't paying attention at first, then I eventually caught it. I later sent it out in a bettle and noticed some sparkles coming off. I knew this was the shiny animation but I had never found a shiny and it looked completely normal( I din't know what shiny Zapdos looked like off the top of my head) I check it stats and theres a little green S in the corner that none of my other pokemon had. I had caught a shiny Zapdos without shiny hunting without even noticing.

Ever since I last posted in here I’ve managed to get three more full-odds shinys, all in various Alola games and all of which are notable in one way or another.

The first is a shiny Minior in Sun. I was trying to get one of each color Minior in the game and this little guy pops up... before I’d gotten one of each color (BTW it’s supposed to be a green one, which is only evident in its menu sprite).

The next two aren’t particularly notable one their own but are together; a shiny Oricorio and shiny Zubat, both in Ultra Moon, making that my first game that I’ve gotten two shinys in.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I was playing Let's go Eevee, and was all done with the game, and was now traveling to the different legendary locations to catch them. I had gotten them all except Mewtwo and zapdos, and was saving Mewtwo for last. I found Zapdos and wasn't paying attention at first, then I eventually caught it. I later sent it out in a bettle and noticed some sparkles coming off. I knew this was the shiny animation but I had never found a shiny and it looked completely normal( I din't know what shiny Zapdos looked like off the top of my head) I check it stats and theres a little green S in the corner that none of my other pokemon had. I had caught a shiny Zapdos without shiny hunting without even noticing.
What? How can you not tell the difference:

It's like night and day (if you lived in Antarctica...)

Super happy right now! I was looking for shiny Latios for some time in my HeartGold (yes, that one in Pewter City). Today it finally shone. But that´s not the best part. I wanted him to have good nature, with Timid being my preffered. But I don´t have a Timid synchronizer in this game, and I was too lazy to breed one or trade from my other games. So I settled for second best - Modest.
Well, as it is custom, synchronizer never works for me in this game, as far as shinies are concerned (seriously, I did 4 shiny hunts there a not even once it worked). But the nature I got was... Timid!

Lati.jpg

I can´t belive my luck. And as Latios is one of my favourite pokemon, you can BET I will train him and use him. And sice Latis are returning in the upcoming SwSh update, things are looking good. Can´t wait for this thing to be fully trained. Only good nickname remains. I am thinking Lucky, since I literally won a lotery with this thing, but I don´t know.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I welcome the opportunity to present my newest shiny Soft-Reset:

[#894 - Max Optimizer's ❝Flere-Imsaho❞]
❝the Rank Master❞
Credits for the nickname go to Sephirona
Illustration: © Sephirona

OT: Christophe\857696 ‹

IVs: 31/HT(30)/31/1/31/31 - Hasty\Transistor (Ø)
Ut: Thunder Cage, Electroweb, Extreme Speed, Magnet Rise
Ev'd: Wild Charge, Volt Switch, Extreme Speed, Explosion
[4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe]

This Pokémon was soft-reset manually: this means that no tools (such as e.g. bots) were involved in the hunt for this Pokémon.
I started soft-resetting on the 20th of November 2020 and I finally received the shiny Regieleki on the 5th of December 2020 at 9:36 p.m after soft-resetting for 16 days.
The Shiny Charm does not affect Regieleki's shininess in any way, shape, or form and the odds of encountering a shiny Pokémon without any modifying factors are 1/4096 in Generation 6, 7, and 8 games.
Synchronizers do not work on Regieleki.
I finished the Galar Ribbon Master on the 26th of December 2020.

The nickname is a reference to the eponymous drone from Iain M. Bank's ❝The Culture❞ science fiction book series.

In case you wish to see proof in the form of screenshots, please click on the following links:
_________________________________________​

Last edited:
Obviously shinies are a big deal because of how rare they are, and so to even have one in your possession is really cool. But are there some Pokémon that you just prefer their original colors over their shiny? Perhaps it’s not that the shiny is necessarily bad (there are plenty of threads/videos/internet stuff made about that topic alone) but they were just so successful with the original coloring that you couldn’t imagine it any other way?

I’ll start with one where I don’t say “its shiny sucks” but I still prefer the original and that is Alola Muk. I actually thought it was really clever to invert the regional variants’ regular and shiny colors and shiny Alola Grimer is fantastic for it. But when they added those extra colors to Alola Muk and then didn’t change them with his shiny they clashed with the purple and it really wasn’t as good for me as the green. Don’t get me wrong - I still have and use my shiny Alola Muk regularly; but I’m not as super attached because the green version stands out so much more.
kommo-o.png

DJWT64

formerly Mustash
My first shiny legendary was a Zapdos which is handy because a Zapdos is my favorite pokemon. I had decided that I wanted to shiny hunt it in my version of Pokémon sheild after realizing how much better the shiny odds were than they were previously. I managed to get a shiny after only 2 encounters which I have to say is probably the luckiest I will ever be in Pokémon.

the first shiny pokemon i ever found was a golden krabby i got from rock smash. i then found a shiny golbat in the victory road but had to let them go. i have encountered many shinies in my nuzlockes (a shiny stantler recently, the others were wurmple, rattata, and smoochum in various games) but had to let them go because they didn't match my type or they fainted. still, seeing them was awesome, and i won't complain at all.

(All of these are Gen 7 BTW). My first Shiny was in an Ultra Wormhole. It was a Floatzel.

My first actual Shiny (though I kept the Floatzel) was a Shiny Caterpie on Route 1, the same day I completed the AlolaDex. Now it's a Butterfree, Nicknamed Freefall.

Second was a Shiny Swirlix while Masuda Breeding. I remember it well... I was showing my dad some stuff in my game, kinda just wandering around while he nodded off on the couch, and I had some Eggs in my party that were heating up with a Flame Body Talonflame. Well, one hatched. At first, I was just like, "Another dumb Egg hatching, whateves," but it was brown and white. I literally screamed, and kept screaming for a few minutes, and then told my dad how much I loved these rare jewels. Also, it only took 3 eggs. So happy! (Oh yeah the Slurpuff's nickname is Watame, Japanese word for cotton candy)

Third was a Shiny Zorua hatched on my little sister's birthday, nicknamed Neo. My present to her was letting her play with it in Pokemon Refresh and then take photos with it at Alola Photo Club. About 20-30 eggs.

I had a lot of fun getting these, and I'm currently hunting for Shinies in Gen 6 with Poke Radar, Chain Fishing, and Hidden Pokemon. Wish me luck :blobthumbsup: and good luck on your Shiny quests too!

Last edited:
(All of these are Gen 7 BTW). My first Shiny was in an Ultra Wormhole. It was a Floatzel.

My first actual Shiny (though I kept the Floatzel) was a Shiny Caterpie on Route 1, the same day I completed the AlolaDex. Now it's a Butterfree, Nicknamed Freefall.

Second was a Shiny Swirlix while Masuda Breeding. I remember it well... I was showing my dad some stuff in my game, kinda just wandering around while he nodded off on the couch, and I had some Eggs in my party that were heating up with a Flame Body Talonflame. Well, one hatched. At first, I was just like, "Another dumb Egg hatching, whateves," but it was brown and white. I literally screamed, and kept screaming for a few minutes, and then told my dad how much I loved these rare jewels. Also, it only took 3 eggs. So happy!

Third was a Shiny Zorua hatched on my little sister's birthday, nicknamed Neo. My present to her was letting her play with it in Pokemon Refresh and then take photos with it at Alola Photo Club. About 20-30 eggs.

I had a lot of fun getting these, and I'm currently hunting for Shinies in Gen 6 with Poke Radar, Chain Fishing, and Hidden Pokemon. Wish me luck :blobthumbsup: and good luck on your Shiny quests too!
Awesome nickname! I wish I had your talent for naming Pokemon lol (I recently named my Cyndaquil ''Dayquil'').

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)