SP Shared Power - Survey at post 418

Whew, now that I took the first place on ladder (for now at least), I might as well post the team I've been using for the latest climb.
Screenshot.png
I've tried to build a Berserk Bulky Offense team for a while, but after playing with some different setups I suppose something just clicked now. Introducing:

:moltres-galar: :clawitzer: :houndstone: :wo-chien: :goodra: :kyogre: Berserk Ogre.

Basically, it's a team that weathers opposing offense through Fluffy and Tablets of Ruin, while being able to fall back on some mons with high natural special bulk, on top of having recovery in Rest + Hydration.
For the team's own damage boosting there's, well, Berserk, but it also makes use of Mega Launcher, which, among other things, turns Kyogre's Origin Pulse into a weapon of mass destruction, even without investment. Scarf Spout Kyogre is cool and all, but a bulky set is a different kind of pain to deal with, lol.

:moltres-galar:
Special tank number 1, and of course the only mon with Berserk available. Hurricane benefits from Rain, Dark Pulse gets amped up by Mega Launcher, and the mon really appreciates having reliable recovery.

:clawitzer:
pretty much just here to share Mega Launcher, but with Specs it can put some dents into the opponent's team. Just don't rely on it to sweep or anything.

:houndstone:
does Houndstone things. With Wisp and Roar it irritates physical attackers even more, and it's another mon that likes having a recovery option.

:wo-chien:
Special tank number 2. Giga Drain coupled with Berserk is fun, doing more damage with each proc and ideally keeping itself above the 50% threshold. Leech Seed and Knock Off help in whittling down stallier teams, since it does lack immediate damage without a SpA boost or two.

:goodra:
Special tank number 3, this is more focused on hitting stuff hard with Dragon Pulse. With Tera Poison it gives the team a Fairy resist it otherwise lacks.

:kyogre:
The Big Boi. Very tough to break, and can set up CM in case it can't get Berserk procs off. Not that it absolutely needs those, it does plenty damage anyways. And of course, it brings the Rain that enables Rest + Hydration shenanigans.

So Sun is in a weird spot right now, in my opinion, given the state of Rain teams being so common but also having a ton of strong mons to abuse the many boosts that Sun provides. I wanted to build a semi-Berry team that vnmmv mentioned before.

https://pokepast.es/2eed3a8bb4aea32a
I didn't really do any calcs nor can I test this at the moment so this is purely theory crafting, but Belch is a fun move and I wanted to see if I could do something fun with it.
I'd like to give an update on this little concept I've been building. I've done a couple of ladder games and there are three very obvious problems:

Grumpig is fucking awful, priority spam destroys the team (namely Scizor and Rillaboom teams), and hazards SUCK, even with Maushold to clean them up.

As such I've made another version to better deal with these issues.
https://pokepast.es/17452cadf297f4b8

Great Tusk: Rapid Spin + Protosynthesis boosting Attack is great, with good physical bulk to keep it going. Decidueye walls it completely, which is a problem due to how it's becoming more common to answer Fluffy, but other than that it does its job. Spins, maybe picks up a kill or two. Knock Off can replace Supercell Slam, which is probably better, but as I'm typing this I'm too lazy to go make a new Pokepaste.

Indeedee: I'll be honest it was either this + Tusk, or Pincurchin + Treads. Both probably work. Anyways, pretty standard set, mostly just for terrain to make Rillaboom teams a bit weaker. I will say that QD+E-terrain is likely better.

Groudon: Rocks setter and Salac makes it actually pretty damn fast, so most of the time it doesn't even really need a Swords Dance to get a couple of kills. Pretty standard overall.

Grumpig: Unfortunately the best belch user I could fit on the team was between Skeledirge and Grumping, but I went with Grumpig for Gluttony support so that it can still serve a purpose in the scenario that it meets its untimely demise. Its stats suck, its typing sucks, it gets completely walled by most cores with a Steel type, but in the rare instance it works, it WORKS. Belch is crazy strong, Salac makes it fast, and Nasty Plot gives it an offensive presence that would be foolish to disregard. It does kind of really on Tera to stay alive, but that's a price worth paying imo to make a ZU mon have a niche in an OM.

Appletun: Stall-Lord 5000. Pretty self-explanatory, defensive switch in, gets leech seed up, just kinda sits there and says "fuck you" to whatever's in front of it.

Trevenant: Standard Wisp+Sub.

Although finnicky I've had more success with this team than the first draft. I've always had a thing for Belch teams in Standard (Hydreigon and Salazzle my beloveds <3) and I really do think that it's underutilized. Most of the mons that get access to it don't have a berry-boosting Abilities (besides Grumpig, Muk, and Swalot, who all kinda suck in one way or another) which probably contributes, but by god if there's a chance to make it work I am going to do everything in my power to have fun with it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)