SP Shared Power

Are you just looking at the stats show or doing calcs? Do you have a replay?
I am just looking at the stats... Shouldn't it appear?

It still shows Milotic with 1.5x Defense and Drifblim with 1.5x Sp. Atk but not the others

The rest of my team seems without any boosts and I also feel it without any boosts

Besides, the boosts from Stamina appears on them but Marvel Scale not

As much as I like having the option to use restricted abilities on single monsters, it seems to be causing a lot of unnecessary confusion. A warning message similar to the one when you don't EV your mons should show up like "Simple will not be spread to other Pokemon."

Apart from the confused people, a lot of restricted mons are going to be completely unused. Nobody's going to use numel unironically, and even running a "good" monster like one with Unaware or Mold Breaker forces you to drop an ability that could be used on all members. Anyway I somewhat question the impact this feature makes, but mainly I think the apparent "unbans" caused a lot of misguided teambuilding.

Um my magic bounce hatt just gave magic bounce to my whole team, isnt this supposed to be restricted?

edit:nvm dont listen to me, although imo this ability should be restricted

Last edited:

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
We will most likely be voting on some stuff this wednesday, the plan is for it to be the third and final slate of this OMotM season.
The slate currently has Stamina, Psychic Surge, Gale Wings, Ice Scales, Magic Bounce, Kingambit, Magearna and Clefable. If you believe anything else could be a problem, say it now.

RudeLiees

formerly Xr Kartana
We will most likely be voting on some stuff this wednesday, the plan is for it to be the third and final slate of this OMotM season.
The slate currently has Stamina, Psychic Surge, Gale Wings, Ice Scales, Magic Bounce, Kingambit, Magearna and Clefable. If you believe anything else could be a problem, say it now.
Rain if you are not prepared can be deadly, and vessel/tablet of ruin are kinda OP

While browsing Bulbapedia for some niche interactions to abuse utilize while playing Shared Power, I discovered that Sharpness boosts Population Bomb for some ungodly reason. So, I decided to build a nasty HO team around it with some good synergy all around. I've had a lot of fun with this team and I'm starting to ladder with it (currently sitting at 1250 after a few trial games).

Samurott-Hisui @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sharpness
Tera Type: Water / Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Ceaseless Edge
- Aqua Cutter
- Aqua Jet / Sucker Punch / Sacred Sword
- Taunt

Classic suicide lead build. I prefer Adamant over Jolly for damage, but either works. I also prefer Aqua Jet over Sucker for its reliability, but both are great. It's important to get Sharpness up ASAP

Maushold @ Wide Lens
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Ghost / Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tidy Up
- Population Bomb
- Bite
- Low Kick / U-Turn

The star of the team. Tidy Up to boost itself and remove hazards, Bite for ghosts, Low Kick for steels and rocks. U-Turn is also a good option to pivot for momentum, especially in this metagame. Plus, once Population Bomb gets boosted, you basically OHKO anything that doesn't have Stamina. I prefer defensive Tera Ghost over Normal because you don't really need the extra damage, but it's an option. Basically, Technician Sharpness Adaptability Tough Claws Supreme Overlord Population Bomb goes BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Focus Sash
Ability: Tough Claws
Tera Type: Rock
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Accelerock

Another suicide mon. Get Tough Claws, get Stealth Rocks up, click Accelerock, and die. Rinse and repeat

Kingambit @ Air Balloon / Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Ghost / Fairy / Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Kowtow Cleave
- Low Kick / Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Standard Bulky Kingambit. I like Air Balloon for the Ground immunity but Leftovers work too. I also like Tera Ghost for Fighting-type immunity, especially in a Kingambit mirror, but Fairy is fantastic as well. You don't really need Tera Dark because of Sharpness, Tough Claws, etc., but to each their own. Low Kick over Iron Head to hit other Kingambits

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet

Classic banded Crawdaunt. I like Adamant over Jolly for damage, but Jolly is also really nice so you can outspeed other Crawdaunts and OHKO with CC

Ceruledge @ Weakness Policy / Focus Sash/ Heavy-Duty Boots / Choice Scarf
Ability: Weak Armor / Flash Fire
Tera Type: Grass / Fairy / Fire / Ghost
Jolly Nature
- Endure / Close Combat
- Swords Dance / Shadow Sneak
- Bitter Blade
- Poltergeist

This guy is a MONSTER. Bitter Blade is boosted by everything that Population Bomb is except for Technician, so it can easily sweep teams. Endure/Weakness Policy/Weak Armor is standard Ceruledge cheese, and the set that I enjoy using the most, but it's not the most consistent. I think that slapping a Focus Sash on over Weakness Policy is great. I also think that Heavy-Duty Boots is fantastic since this team lacks reliable hazard removal, and Bitter Blade does ridiculous amounts of damage even without getting to +2. Another set that I want to experiment with is Choice Scarf, since this team is on the slower side and like I said, after you get your abilities up, the boosts from Weakness Policy matter much less. Choice Scarf is also nice because it outspeeds and OHKOs Spectrier, which is a huge threat in the meta

Overall, this is a super fun team that I have had a blast using in the few games that I've played with it. I'm still baffled that Population Bomb gets Sharpness boosted lol

i'ma be real i think this metagame, while a blast to play for a whole bunch of reasons, is completely braindead.

i've made top 50 with this team and i am most definitely not a good player (i'm not even fully convinced the team is all that great either tbh outside of kingambit). i'm a college student that plays in my spare free time. i don't have time to learn the intricacies of a metagame. but kingambit being kingambit means that i've been able to smash my way through the ladder with sd and sharpness boosted kowtows + a shit ton of type immunity abilities.

team isn't as polarizing as a lot of the other ones you'll see on the ladder, but i think type immunity spam lends itself to a more balanced play style anyway? it struggles a lil bit with opposing type immunity spam because heatran becomes complete deadweight and i'm too lazy to change its moveset to something else, but i've been kickin around the idea of ironpress (still may not do all that much because cress is pretty bad on type immunity spam so they run giratina origin anyway, who i still wouldn't be able to touch). psychic terrain is annoying but it's not as big a deal because i find myself clicking kowtow a lot more than sucker because it's just so strong. what is a problem is that popular psychic terrain + sflo spam team with mewtwo going around, because scarf spectrier puts this team in the dirt. giving spectrier one too many boosts means kingambit gets OHKO'd and you can't really switch in anyway, and you're forced to kowtow in its face unless terrain is down.

i know i said it in an earlier post on this thread, but definitely ban kingambit, not just supreme overlord. i cannot stress enough how easy it is to set up multiple swords dances and bust opposing teams to pieces. even the most fucked up stall teams have their defensive backbones ruined by kowtow.

also restrict magic bounce and ban ice scales, magearna, stamina, clef, and psychic terrain, with that being the order of priority (gambit should probably be about the same priority level as magearna). magic bounce being restricted instead of banned is so unbelievably fucked up, it has almost singlehandedly ruined some of the only semi-reliable counterplay to shed tail bullshit in roar/whirlwind and has just overall limited counterplay to all sorts of teams without adding much of actual value imo.

i know this is all stuff that's already being talked about, and i know i already said a lot of this just a few posts ago, but i just want to echo it + solidify and share my opinions on everything bc i have been playing a decent amount.

also want to repeat that i've been having a blast on the ladder even though the meta is fucked up! probably my favorite om in a long time.

Last edited:

NoobHereWaddup

Tri Attack will freeze
is a Tiering Contributor
gonna jump in and say that magic bounce for sure needs to be restricted
https://pokepast.es/508eaae7876af6b1
got to top 100s in the ladder using this incredibly unoptimized team
1699941328938.png

1699941362473.png
its a simple idea, pick a lead of your choice, and if you feel the opponent is threatening to set up hazards, you send out espeon, this prevents the opponent from setting up hazards (unless they have hamurott but i genuinely do not remember when was the last time i saw one) and allows you to keep your focus sash mons intact, doesn't this sound like it plays *exactly* like a previously banned ability that was banned because it made HO too powerful?
Heres a replay to show the team in action: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9sharedpower-1990221447

Probably not worth going into detail over how to use the team since magic bounce is probably getting restricted in a couple of days, just wanted to share the team and leave this as a reminder of how dumb magic bounce can be.
anyways weak armor kingambit for life.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9sharedpower-1990649183-4x7q6qgeijho5xrf9fogskqvsda5zi6pw

Poison heal doesn't interact at all with other pokemon, and I have had a few abilities do this too (prankster for example). Not only that, but quick feet doesn't either, and I can't tell if toxic boost does because it doesn't show a boost in attack, same with guts. Makes the strat I was trying horrid.
It’s because these abilities are restricted which means they aren’t shared with teammates, this is intentional

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9sharedpower-1990649183-4x7q6qgeijho5xrf9fogskqvsda5zi6pw

Poison heal doesn't interact at all with other pokemon, and I have had a few abilities do this too (prankster for example). Not only that, but quick feet doesn't either, and I can't tell if toxic boost does because it doesn't show a boost in attack, same with guts. Makes the strat I was trying horrid.
Guts and Toxic Boost share, the others are restricted to not share.

Hey so Magic Bounce needs to be restricted immediately. This ability is broken when it can be given to every mon on the team. It eliminates the chance to roar/whirlwind, taunt, status on already very strong setup sweepers. It also prevents hazards almost entirely since Samurott-H and Kleavor are not good in SP. I've seen HO teams with lead Hat to prevent hazards and the rest of the team is sash spam, this is a similar problem to Sturdy + HVD. In my opinion this ability is even more powerful than Sturdy because it has so many more applications. It has made the meta very boring when every other game I see Hat + Mage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)