Rejected Search for a replay by Pokemon

Some of us have suggested to search for a replay by format and username.

But, what I really think we remember the most about a particular replay we have in our collection is the Pokemon (I mean, obviously?). With that said, if we could have the option to narrow our search for a particular replay by adding a certain Pokemon we so fondly recall in a battle, I think this would be a QOL addition and it would help us more easily track the replay(s) we're looking for.

As always, I don't know of any technical limits or how accomplishable this is from a code standpoint. With that aside though, and assuming it is fine, I think this would be quite lovely to have.

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
I don't think is particularly feasible as it is. Replays don't store any easily accessible info on mons (just the battlelog / info about players, etc), and trying to search the raw log would be extremely difficult and heavy on perf. Even with postgres, then it would be difficult storing mon data, given the replay DB is already titanic.

I don't think is particularly feasible as it is. Replays don't store any easily accessible info on mons (just the battlelog / info about players, etc), and trying to search the raw log would be extremely difficult and heavy on perf. Even with postgres, then it would be difficult storing mon data, given the replay DB is already titanic.
That's quite understandable. I take it replays mostly only store info from the chat side and not the info inside of it like the Pokemon, moves, etc. Yeah, makes sense. Totally fine.

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
That's quite understandable. I take it replays mostly only store info from the chat side and not the info inside of it like the Pokemon, moves, etc. Yeah, makes sense. Totally fine.
Well, they store the input and the actual log of the battle (moves, abilities, everything you see in the battle), but teams / etc are not stored in them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)