SDS vs. GK (ref: Kaxtar)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Since Dratini is attached to me, I can just tackle the ground, and it'll effectively hit Dratini since it'll take the brunt of the force from the tackle. Also, how can he hit me with Flamethrower without hitting himself?

Dratini* [Peter] [M]

HP: 71
Energy: 63%
Atk: **** (+)
Def: **
SpA: **
SpD: *(-)
Spe: 50

Shroomish(*) Bosshroom (M)

HP: 90
Energy: 65%
Atk: ***(+)
Def: ***
SpA: *(-)
SpD: ***
Spe: 35

This round starts out with Shroomish wrapped by Dratini. The boss uses the closeness to poison Dratini with poison powder. It responds with a Flamethrower that it had been charging up, and chars Shroomish. However, it takes a little damage because it burnt itself a little due to the close proximity. Dratini then follows up with a leer, but shroomish does not get distracted; it uses this vulnerability to attack Dratini with a facade. However, Shroomish could not get a running start, and therefore does only 75% of its max damage. This does, however, let Shroomish escape from thew clutches of the Dragon. Dratini then uses a flamethrower on Shroomish, turning the heat up on little shroomish. Shroomish, the hot-head that it is, finishes up with a Drain Punch, sucking back some health. As the round ends, Dratini feels the urge to shed its skin, getting rid of the toxins in its body.

Dratini* [Peter] [M]

HP: 37
Energy: 45%

HP: 81
Boosts: -1 Defense

GK is up next, and the pokemon are 6 feet apart.

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ok that sucks a lot

ok, start off by using extreme speed and follow up with dragon tail, if you're still fighting by then, use flamethrower and hope for the best

holy fuck nothing worked last round

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
YEAH BOSSHROOM, DO IT

Okay, so after he hits you with Extremespeed, counter him with a Facade! Then after that, Drain Punch him before he can knock you away with his tail, and deliver one last Facade to finish things up!

Dratini* [Peter] [M]

HP: 37

HP: 81
Boosts: -1 Defense

Dratini goes for broke. It starts with an extreme speed, slamming into Shroomish before it knew what it hit. It then slams into the ground, using the dirt as a pivot to turn itself around. It then slams its tail into Shroomish, but the slow speed of the strike allows shroomish to meet its attack with a facade. The attacks cancel each other out, and both pokemon fly back. Shroomish then bounces back and hits the temporarily exhausted dratini with a drain punch, sapping more health in addition to its Leech Seed. Dratini replies with a strong flamethrower, singing shroomish once more. Shroomish then tries to facade dratini, but fails due to the paralysis. At least it still recovers HP like a boss.

Dratini* [Peter] [M]

HP: 19
Energy: 29%

HP: 74
Energy: 32%
Boosts: None

SDS is up next.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
Okay then, let's finish this up. Leech Seed it to start things off, then hit it with a Facade, and finally, finish the job with Drain Punch.

EDIT: math dispute below, if it gets ruled in my favor i want to KO him with Facade, since that should do it if he's at 15 hp like my calculations say he should be

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
and you thought last round was going for broke lol

ok lets have fun with this, start out with a super fun combo of extreme speed and flamethrower to make it like a flare blitz from hell with a nice added flavor of the special attack as well. ok we'll be ko'd by now, but go ahead and try to twister and throw the tiny shroom as far as possible i guess

ps: if you want it to be dramatic/if it's allowed a fire tornado would be kinda devastating.....

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
Looking back on the math, how exactly did his 12 damage Dragon Tail cancel out my 16 damage Facade ?_?

Also, you mentioned on IRC that Drain Punch healed for 3 HP because it dealt 7 damage, but that's not right. Drain Punch should be dealing 9.5 damage- it's base 8, and I get an extra 1.5 damage because I have 1 more Attack star than he has Defense stars. It's not a HUGE thing, but I still want to bring it up, because that's ~8 HP that he shouldn't have, which is the difference between him surviving a Facade and being KOed by it.

EDIT: as a side note, i disapprove of combos involving 2 moves when the user would be koed by a single move

for the dragon tail vs facade thing, I just had them cancel out because the dragon tail would have dealt more damage because of the extra momentum provided by extreme speed. Sorry about the drain punch thing, I'm stuck in DPP where it has 60 base power, so I've been assuming 7 damage :(. Sorry about that, I'll get you the damage (and recovery) that you should have. Thanks for bringing this up. I'll edit this post when I have time to update, I just wanted to address this right away.

Dratini* [Peter] [M]

HP: 19
Energy: 29%

HP: 74
Energy: 32%

Dratini tries to give it its all, knowing that this will be its last round. It decides to use an extreme speed and flamethrower together, forming a weak flare blitz. It smashes into Shroomish at high speed, but the flames ware off quickly, letting shroomish use Leech seed on the dragon. Shroomish the uses a facade, almost fainting Dratini. Dratini tries to finish off Shroomish with a twister, but faints before it can launch the dragony wind due to the absorbing properties of the leech seed. Shroomish then tries to get the most from its poison heal, preparing for its next foe, which turns out to be Nohface.

Dratini* [Peter] [M]= KO'ed

HP: 66
Energy: 15%

Nohface* [Matthew] [M]

HP: 100
Energy: 100%
Atk: **
SpA: * (-)
Spe: 11 (10*1.15)

Pokemon will start in the center of the arena. GK is up next.

little gk

competitive oosos player
ok, start off using yawn and try to avoid anything it does by using shadow sneak. If it ends up trying to chill or swords dance or some shit, hit it with shadow strike. If the shroomish uses leech seed, use will o wisp on yourself to burn them off and psycho shift the burn to bosshroom.

HP: 66
Energy: 15%

Nohface* [Matthew] [M]

HP: 100
Energy: 100%

Nohface yawns as it is hit by stun spore, both pokemon inflicting status. Shroomish then chills out, trying to restore energy. But Nohface strikes with a shadow strike, dealing a critical hit and also lowering Shroomish's defense. Shroomish tries to end the round with a Leech Seed, but its seeds get burnt away by a will o wisp targeted on Nohface. This also burns both the poor mushroom monster and the ghost snake, due to their lack of distance from each other. The round ends with the crowd once again angry at the bs hax of GK, but he doesn't care cause he's winning.

HP: 58
Energy: 12%
Status: Poisoned, Burned, Yawned (Falls asleep in one Action)

Nohface* [Matthew] [M]

HP: 98
Energy: 72%

SDS is up next.

sorry, that's a typo; it should be 25%. In the process of burning up the seeds, the burn also burned you. You were close up, after the shadowstrike, and were not able to get away from the will-o-wisp in time (I put it as a 50% chance to dodge it, but you failed).

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
ok thats better

Okay, let's turn things up a notch. Fire off a Bullet Seed, then use Swords Dance befoer popping off another Bullet Seed.

little gk

competitive oosos player
if he wants to boost his stats i think we should let him, psycho shift the burn off...i don't really care where onto bosshroom or in the crowd is fine, then chill, and follow up with a meteor mash

edit: i really, really, really don't give a crap where the burn goes, it would just be preferable for it to go on bosshroom or in the crowd -.-

HP: 58
Energy: 12%
Status: Poisoned, Burned, Yawned (Falls asleep in one Action)

Nohface* [Matthew] [M]

HP: 98
Energy: 72%

Yet another round starts off with shroomish up to bat; it sure is one resiliant little mushroom thingy. It fires 4 seeds like bullets at the ghost sake, but fails to do any big damage due to the burn and resistance that Nohface has going for it. However, at this point, Shroomish falls asleep due to the yawn it received last round, falling into a deep sleep lasting 6 actions. Nohface takes no time to waste, and Psycho shifts its burn and paralysis onto an unlucky few members of the audience. Now the crowd really REALLY hates that darn GK, and some of its members throw some trash and even a chair at Nohface, making it take 2 points of damage. That should teach it not to mess with them again. It then chills out, taking some time to forget all of its worries and boosting its morale, also increasing its energy. Nohface then rushes shroomish with an attack from the heavens, mashing its tail into shroomish like a meteor. However, this causes shroomish to stir a little, lessening the time it is forced to stay asleep.

HP: 46
Energy: 7%

Nohface* [Matthew] [M]

HP: 91
Energy: 71%

Pokemon are 6 feet apart, GK is up next. I probably won't be able to update tomorrow guys, and possibly monday as well sorry. I'll get something up by tuesday at the latest though.

little gk

competitive oosos player
ok this is good i guess, chill in that nifty chair the crowd gave you twice and follow up with shadow strike

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Word of God here:

Okay, I'm putting a suspension on this battle for a bit.

Psycho Shift doesn't work that way.

I have a few other things to do tonight, I will re-ref the round at some point in Kaxtar's absense.

little gk

competitive oosos player
I think i'm just gonna drop out from the battle, the outcome is already clear and the number of post round changes to things have kinda taken the fun out of it for me.

I'm sorry for the hassle I've been in this battle.

Alright, GK seems adamant on dropping out, so I'll just post the rewards and we can all get this battle behind us. But you all still need your rewards!

Kaxtar: I get two ref tokens, as the battle had 3 knock outs.

SDS (winner): His shroomish gets an EC, MC, and a DC, while his aron gets an MC, and EC, a DC, and a KO bonus.

GK (loser): All of his pokemon get an EC, a MC, and a DC, while Dratini gets a Ko bonus.

Sorry for everything guys, hopefully we can do one right in the future.

Deck Edit: Shroomish should get 2 KO Bonuses because of the forfeit.

Both Trainers also get 2 Trainer Counters. Don't forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)