Ubers Scream Tail [QC 2/2] [GP 1/1]

corvere

and beneath the mist, i saw my true reflection
is a Top Contributor
:scream-tail:

[SET]
name: I Have No Tail And I Must Scream (Physical Wall)
move 1: Wish
move 2: Protect
move 3: Dazzling Gleam
move 4: Encore / Stealth Rock / Perish Song
item: Rocky Helmet
ability: Protosynthesis
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
tera type: Water / Poison

[SET COMMENTS]

• Scream Tail is a nice option for bulkier balance teams thanks to its huge invested bulk and access to support moves like Wish and Encore, making it a much-needed check to very threatening Pokemon like Koraidon and offensive Great Tusk.
  • Encore takes advantage of Pokemon that want to take advantage of Scream Tail's passivity, such as Swords Dance Koraidon, locking them into an unfavorable move for Scream Tail's teammates to deal with them.
  • Perish Song works as a pseudo-OHKO move, letting Scream Tail scare out setup sweepers like Swords Dance Koraidon and Chien-Pao as well as bulkier Pokemon like Iron Defense Garganacl and Bulk Up Annihilape.
  • The given EVs let Scream Tail outspeed Adamant Great Tusk while maximizing physical bulk.
  • Tera Water allows Scream Tail to check Pokemon that would overwhelm it like Choice Band Koraidon locked into Flare Blitz and Choice Band Chien-Pao locked into Icicle Crash. It also lets Scream Tail check Palafin and rain teams in general. Alternatively, Tera Poison retains Scream Tail's Fighting-type resistance while enabling it to absorb Toxic Spikes.
  • Physically defensive Scream Tail should be sent into Pokemon like Koraidon to punish moves like U-turn and Flare Blitz with Rocky Helmet.
  • Koraidon can potentially lure Scream Tail and take it out with a Choice Band-boosted Flare Blitz or Heavy Slam. Because of this, revenge killers to it such as Choice Scarf Koraidon are wanted. Koraidon's sun also increases Scream Tail's bulk further.
  • Pokemon that can take special hits such as Ting-Lu, Blissey, and specially defensive Corviknight are recommended, as they check Pokemon like Miraidon and Iron Bundle that can overwhelm Scream Tail.
  • Offensive Pokemon like Koraidon, Chien-Pao, and Great Tusk are also recommended, as they appreciate Scream Tail healing them with Wish.

[SET]
name: Allied Mastercomputer (Mixed Wall)
move 4: Encore / Stealth Rock
item: Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
nature: Calm
evs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 SpD
tera type: Steel / Water / Poison

[SET COMMENTS]

• Scream Tail can also run a more specially defensive EV spread to check Pokemon like Iron Bundle.
  • The given EVs allow Scream Tail to check Iron Bundle while still being able to pivot into Choice Scarf Koraidon and defensive Great Tusk.
  • Tera Steel allows Scream Tail to completely wall Iron Bundle while also resisting both of Flutter Mane's STAB attacks. Alternatively, Tera Water variants check rain teams and Palafin while also helping against Choice Specs Chi-Yu in sun, while Tera Poison retains Scream Tail's useful resistances to Fighting-type attacks while allowing it to absorb Toxic Spikes from Pokemon like Toxapex and Clodsire.
  • Scream Tail should always be sent into Pokemon like Iron Bundle and weaker ones like defensive Great Tusk to heal either itself or one of its teammates with Wish or lock a Pokemon like Corviknight or Toxapex into an unfavorable move with Encore.
  • Strong attackers like Koraidon, Chien-Pao, and Chi-Yu make for excellent partners, as they greatly appreciate Scream Tail's Wishes.
  • Other defensive Pokemon such as Corviknight and Iron Treads, help Scream Tail by checking Pokemon like Flutter Mane and Miraidon, as well as Chien-Pao in Corviknight's case.
[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[corvere, 306317]]
- Quality checked by: [[Manaphy, 50695], [Lasen, 273339]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Lumari, 232216]]

Last edited:
Reactions: asa

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Personally I'm a big fan of Perish Song on the 4th slot, I think it deserves a slash. Accomplishes a lot of the same things as Encore but it's useful to force out some dangerous stuff like a set-up Garganacl or Annhilape or Scovillain, etc. Also it's cool since if Ting-Lu comes in to spikes up, you can perish song then go to Corv and keep Spikes out (this is also why I wouldn't recommend Ting-Lu as a switch-in target in general, cuz of the Spikes)

Other thing is I would 100% go Rocky Helmet nearly always, the chip on U-Turn Korai and physical attackers in general is very nice and your physical bulk is so massive you usually are alright without lefties.

EVs are weirding me out here; this thing is a check to Iron Bundle? Like, you're not even mentioning it check Koraidon at all? I'm not opposed to the mixed defenses here (especially since checking bundle is important) but are you losing out on anything by putting that much into SpD? I would imagine checking Koraidon would be much harder.

I see this thing more useful as a solid Koraidon check that can also check Great Tusk (again, no mention?) + reliable wish support, which separates it from Skele or Def Great Tusk. Scream Tail has primarily been used as this physical tank so this coming out as a dedicated Bundle check seems very odd to me. Perhaps should be two different sets?

corvere

and beneath the mist, i saw my true reflection
is a Top Contributor
I'll split scream tail into 2sets, phys def and spd def. comments/suggestions about spd tail are still appreciated as I'll write the phys def analysis tomorrow.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Quick thoughts:
-put phys def set above spdef (and as such move some of the move descriptions to phys def)
-remove lefties for phys def
-I think poison is a decent enough terra type for phys def to be listed (absorbs tspikes and still maintains fighting resist for korai)
-I would explicitly mention wish support being helpful for the Ground-types (ting, tusk, treads) since they don't have reliable healing
-for phys def, I would make a bullet point recommending revenge killers for Koraidon, since the occasional Band Blitz or Heavy Slam/Iron Head can take out Scream Tail. Scarf Koraidon itself is a great option since it sets up Sun and likes the Wish support healing Flare Blitz recoil.
-mention tera water as being helpful to live Steel-type coverage moves from Koraidon

Scream Tail should always be sent into Pokemon like Iron Bundle and other more weaker ones like Ting-Lu, to then click Wish and either heal itself or one of its teammates, or Encore a Pokemon like Corviknight or Toxapex into an unfavorable move.
Remove Ting-Lu here since Ting just sets Spikes forever
Encore takes advantage of Pokemon that wanna abuse Scream Tail and its passiveness, locking them into an unfavorable move and allowing for its teammates to deal with it.
Move this to Phys Def set and explicitly mention Swords Dance Koraidon

Strong attackers like Life Orb Koraidon, Choice Band or Life Orb Chien-Pao, and Chi-Yu make for excellent partners, as they greatly appreciate Scream Tail's wishes. Other defensive Pokemon such as Corviknight, Blissey, and Iron Treads, help by relieving pressure of Scream Tail by checking Iron Bundle, and Corviknight also checks Chien-Pao and Great Tusk.
It seems a bit odd to specify the items at all for the offensive pokemon, I think it's fine to just say the names.
The defensive pokemon point here should be it's own bullet point. Also, I think Blissey is a bad choice, since one of Blissey's main perks is checking Bundle and Chi-Yu, and if Scream Tail does that already, then I'm sure as hell not running another super passive mon if I can help it.
help by relieving pressure of Scream Tail by checking Iron Bundle
As I said above, this is weird if Scream Tail already checks bundle well, and Corv and Treads don't do this anyway.
I would just say like, Phys Def Corv is helpful for Chien-Pao, and then Ting-Lu/Treads are good teammates to check Miraidon.
Physically Defensive Scream Tail should be sent into Pokemon like Koraidon to punish moves like U-turn or Flare Blitz with Rocky Helmet, to then either Wish to recover HP or terastalize into the Water typing to live a Choice Banded attack from it.
Get rid of this part in bold, it's overexplaining (but also like, if the Korai is choice banded then it's not switching moves so ???, you already talk about living boosted Flare Blitz in the tera water explanation so its fine)
Perish Song works as a pseudo-KO move, letting Scream Tail scare out setup sweepers like Swords Dance Koraidon and Chien-Pao.
Explicitly mention mons like Garganacl and Annhilape, particularly Annhilape since the ability to switch in and Perish Song (as you should outspeed) is a great way to force Annhilape out without hitting it. If Annhilape tries to hit you, he'll just be doing weak damage without Rage Fist boosts and take rocky helmet damage in return.

I know it's a lot but these are looong analyses so I will check and stamp after I see the changes

EDIT: 1/2

Last edited:

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
remove add / fix (comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
GP 1/1
GP Team done
[SET]
name: I Have No Tail And I Must Scream (Physical Wall)
move 4: Encore / Stealth Rock / Perish Song
item: Rocky Helmet
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
tera type: Water / Poison

[SET COMMENTS]

• Scream Tail is a nice option for bulkier balance teams thanks to its huge invested bulk and access to support moves like Wish and Encore, making it a much-needed (AH) check to very threatening Pokemon like Koraidon and offensive Great Tusk.
  • Encore takes advantage of Pokemon that wanna abuse want to take advantage of Scream Tail's and its passiveness passivity, such as Swords Dance Koraidon, locking them into an unfavorable move, allowing for Scream Tail's teammates to deal with them.
  • Perish Song works as a pseudo-OHKO move, letting Scream Tail scare out setup sweepers like Swords Dance Koraidon and Chien-Pao and as well as other bulkier Pokemon like Iron Defense Garganacl and Bulk Up Annihilape.
  • Listed The given EVs let Scream Tail outspeed Adamant Great Tusk while maximizing physical bulk.
  • Tera Water checks allows Scream Tail to check Pokemon that would overwhelm Scream Tail it like Choice Band Koraidon locked on into Flare Blitz (RC) and Choice Band Chien-Pao locked on into Icicle Crash. It also lets Scream Tail check Palafin and rain teams in general. Alternatively, Tera Poison retains Scream Tail's Fighting-type resistance while absorbing enabling it to absorb Toxic Spikes.
  • Physically defensive Scream Tail should be sent into Pokemon like Koraidon to punish moves like U-turn or and Flare Blitz with Rocky Helmet.
  • Koraidon can potentially lure Scream Tail and take it out with a Choice Band-boosted Flare Blitz or Heavy Slam. Because of this, revenge killers to it such as Choice Scarf Koraidon are wanted. Koraidon's also sets up sun, further increasing also increases Scream Tail's bulk further.
  • Pokemon that can take special hits (RC) such as Ting-Lu, Blissey, and specially defensive Corviknight are recommended, as they check Pokemon like Miraidon and Iron Bundle that can overwhelm Scream Tail.
  • Offensive Pokemon like Koraidon, Chien-Pao, and Great Tusk are also recommended, as they appreciate Scream Tail healing them with Wish.

[SET]
name: Allied Mastercomputer (Mixed Wall)
move 4: Encore / Stealth Rock
item: Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
nature: Calm
evs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 SpD
tera type: Steel / Water / Poison

[SET COMMENTS]

• Scream Tail can also run a more specially defensive EV spread to check Pokemon like Iron Bundle.
  • Listed The given EVs allow Scream Tail to check Iron Bundle while still being able to pivot into Choice Scarf Koraidon and defensive Great Tusk.
  • Tera Steel allows Scream Tail to completely wall Iron Bundle while also resisting both of Flutter Mane's STAB attacks. Alternatively, Tera Water checks variants check rain teams and Palafin while also helping against Choice Specs Chi-Yu in sun, (comma) while Tera Poison retains Scream Tail's useful resistances to Fighting-type attacks while absorbing allowing it to absorb Toxic Spikes from Pokemon like Toxapex or and Clodsire.
  • Scream Tail should always be sent into Pokemon like Iron Bundle and other more weaker ones like defensive Great Tusk (RC) to then click Wish and either heal either itself or one of its teammates with Wish (RC) or Encore lock a Pokemon like Corviknight or Toxapex into an unfavorable move with Encore.
  • Strong attackers like Koraidon, Chien-Pao, and Chi-Yu make for excellent partners, as they greatly appreciate Scream Tail's Wishes.
  • Other defensive Pokemon such as Corviknight (RC) and Iron Treads, help Scream Tail by checking Pokemon like Flutter Mane and Miraidon, and Corviknight also checks as well as Chien-Pao in Corviknight's case.
[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[corvere, 306317]]
- Quality checked by: [[Manaphy, 50695], [Lasen, 273339]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)