Tournament SCL I RU Prediction Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denial

formerly Lunala
is a Past WCoP Champion
Welcome to the SCL I RU Prediction Tour! Rules are simple:

1) Wait for me to post the matchups every new week. Then, simply bold the names of who you think wins.
2) One correct prediction: 1 point. The user with the most points wins!
2) Don't edit your posts. If you want to change prediction simply repost.

Winner will get 75$ and nitro offered by me, odr and Ajna. Second place will get 40$, while third will get 20$, offered by Charmflash. Have fun and good luck!

Last edited:

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
really interested to see ru games get going again, the rult finals games i saw looked.... insane even though some of that was from punny and hjkhj being out of the box builders

super happy to see TheFranklin playing in this and Mac3 around to support. if any team needs ru support they should absolutely hit up GoldCat, imo.

i'm also looking forward to seeing 'prestigious' tour players like punny (well he's been going hard in ru for a few months now) / lax / cbb / charmflash / dragon claw take on the tier. feel like things have been stagnant for a few months, and top players trying to crack the tier in SCL could be just the spark that this tier needs

there isnt really a point to this post lol, just wanna boost this thread's activity. get hyped!! hell yea go scl!! also give me nitro Lunala

finally: LGI llamas

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Confide vs TheFranklin - Franklin lowkey really good, excited to see him break out here. Confide is strong fundamentally, but feel weird seeing him in RU admittedly
lax vs Punny - Amazing highlight pairing, may post about this in the main thread, but think Punny is impossible to go against right now
atomicllamas vs odr - would totally bold odr if llamas was not my teammate lol. (joke)
Nat vs Charmflash - could go either way and both are great, but Nat has proven a lot more recently
CrashinBoomBang vs Dragon Claw - @mainers, you up?

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
Confide vs TheFranklin - sorry franklin i have to bold my goat

lax vs Punny - titanic showing week 1. I think if this matchup happened later in the season then lax would have a really good shot at taking Punny down but idk if he'll be able to familiarise himself with the tier quickly enough to take Punny down. Definitely the game to watch though

atomicllamas vs odr - if odr has played the game within the past 3 months he will win but im not sure if he has done that, llamas always goes even or close to it and im sure itll be the same this year but usually that relies on farming the smaller names and there arent too many of those this time around so idk, cool game for sure though i hope it comes down to a durant speed tie and whoever wins the tie misses and loses

Nat
vs Charmflash - inevitable memes about nat winning lor losing week 1 sinking her team's season are to ensue, but I think she'll handily take this one. Charmflash is undoubtedly skilled and seems to have been building his own stuff as recently as Grand Slam so that helps with meta knowledge, and I do rate these two fairly similarly in terms of clicking ability with Nat slightly higher. i think Nat's craziness in the builder will be what gives her this one though

CrashinBoomBang vs Dragon Claw - idk shit about either of these players in this tier but the german showdown is sure to be hilarious one way or another

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Confide vs TheFranklin - think confide will suffer less debut nerves due to WCOP + playing mons for longer. with ajna support i think he'll be able to take advantage of the awkward defensive holes thefranklin sometimes leaves in his teams in order to pursue the offensive idea he has in mind; those are exactly the sort of vulnerabilities ajna's sturdy BOs tend to exploit
lax vs Punny - punny has absolutely dominated ru for the past ~8 months. curious to see what lax brings and how he plays but this is a brutal opponent to run into week 1.
atomicllamas vs odr - go foxes!!! woo!!!
Nat vs Charmflash - over/under 3.5 non-ru mons in this one? gonna make the contrarian pick and take Charmflash here -- to be clear, this is an upset and nat deserves to be favored in the majority of these predict posts. however, in a meta as unknown as this i have a hunch that charmflash will be able to come out with something strong and unexpected. he's also clearly craving a chance to establish himself as a top player again so i think he's going to grind really hard at this. could easily go nat's way tho, this & lax/punny are def my highlights for the week
CrashinBoomBang vs Dragon Claw - father vs son + Lunala is bad... hail is broken though so going to arbitrarily bold claw in a complete toss-up

Last edited:
Confide vs TheFranklin - franklin is jesus sometimes. confide plays like an absolute madman though
lax vs Punny - punny hasnt lost for the past year or something but lax is also really good so honestly i wouldnt even be That surprised to see him take it
atomicllamas vs odr - idk i dont have anything interesting to say for this one it could go either way. llamas has evi support so i think no matter what there'll be something interesting from his end
Nat vs Charmflash - nats motivation is probably higher than anyone elses in this pool so ill bold her by default. looking forward to reformed flash's take on the tier regardless
CrashinBoomBang vs Dragon Claw - just going to bold my teammate every time. bad karma otherwise

kumiko

formerly TDK
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Confide vs TheFranklin - my teammate, but i believe he is more accomplished as a player
lax vs Punny - can't predict against punny. i look forward to this game a lot but i just think punny has a much better grasp on the tier
atomicllamas vs odr - i believe odr is a better player here
Nat vs Charmflash - i can see charm winning, but i think nat is gonna put in work for this week and i think she's been playing very well as of late
CrashinBoomBang vs Dragon Claw - super tight matchup, really hard to predict. i think both are going to put in a lot of time and we're gonna see a hype game with lots of offensive pokemon and lots of predictions, but i feel like cbb will be the one to take the game here

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Confide vs TheFranklin - actually should be a good game, both of these guys were kind of robbed on the PR, gotta give the edge to my fellow mainer, but Confide has been tearing up the pkmn scene lately and I'm sure Feliburn will offer him some solid team support or something 6-0d by Lucario
lax vs Punny - Punny is the goat, this game is a highlight for sure, very interested to see how lax comes out here, Mac3 and Sensei Axew will offer good support as well as intimate knowledge of punny tendencies because he was on the axews last RUPL
atomicllamas vs odr - not predicting my own games because you receive bad karma that way, hf friend hope its a good one and that I get my revenge from last year
Nat vs Charmflash - if Nat doesn't win this she will cancer
CrashinBoomBang vs Dragon Claw - also a really cool match up, Dragon Claw has the support here so I'm inclined to go with him but both are great players and Tony is saying CBB will solve the meta so I would not be surprised to see a CBB win either, definitely interested to see his take on this tier

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader
Confide vs TheFranklin - Nitro

lax vs Punny - If this game had happened later during the season then I'd probs be bolding the vs or something. However I think it's too early in the season for lax to figure out the meta, especially because Punny is not really a very standard player. And tho Punny has his own style, due to the nature of the tour, it's obviously gonna take a more obscure turn in order to keep that unpredictability that gives the edge in the matchups.

atomicllamas vs odr - The basis of this predict is just me rating odr higher than llamas in general. However, I don't doubt that this game could go down to matchup, as I don't personally think either player was that deep into the meta before this tour. It'll be interesting to see how each solves the meta in their own way, but whoever gets a stronger grip at the builder can take this (This isn't even mentioning llamas has evi's support, which from experience, I can say is an incredible plus cause of unpredictable teams + solid crazy techs)

Nat vs Charmflash - I feel like Nat's mentality is very solid rn. Coming off a good WCOP, meaning the usual aggressiveness and attitude will be there, making her the favorite in this matchup. I'd like to give Charm the "unpredictable teams" thing that he usually gets, but I always say that Nat can go as crazy as their opponents if she wants to, so this card applies to both players. Here's hoping for a crazy one.

CrashinBoomBang vs Dragon Claw - I don't really have much to say, other than the fact that CBB is the more experienced player and I get the feeling that he'll just have fun in the builder, making playing vs him incredibly frustrating cause u won't know what to expect. Dragon Claw has a more tier experienced support in Lunala, and the overall support of Bouff, so I don't doubt that their team will be bringing quality teams. As the tour progresses I'll be able to make more accurate predicts about these 2, but rn it'll just be a gut feeling

Sorry to the fans, I never got around doing overall thoughts on the players. I'll try to post weekly summaries tho!

HF to the players

Confide vs TheFranklin - I love arce. After testing with him really extensively he has a sound knowledge of the tier and teams to build. I think he is going to do great this tour and can take a game off of literally everyone in this tournament. I'm not going to take anything away from fide though and I think he's very solid. I also expect feli to come up with some heat for this slot but I think frank building and playing his own team will give him a bit more of an edge than confide who's only going to pilot.
lax vs Punny - no explanation needed here :D
atomicllamas vs odr - This is the closest matchup I rate this week. odr may be traditionally the more conventional builder and player but llamas is really not afraid to explore the tier and run some off the books shit. Pairing that with evi and I think I would be most afraid to play this duo this tour because it's not very easy to expect anything or prepare for llamas. Llamas also at times displays a predilection for using the top cheese when he needs to so the element of unpredictability factors heavily into the prep here. I'm expecting a close game with odr using a generic BO structure and piloting it solidly as he always does but if llamas nails the team choice here, he'll take it
Nat vs Charmflash - Nat's become really good over the past year. She also will build her own stuff, make virtually no mistakes in-game. I think in this meta especially if ant goes, there's a lot of potential to explore nifty mons. This is probably a building tier in which Nat thrives in so I'll give her the edge. Charm is solid but I think Nat will be prepped to buffer against Charm's fatter team choices.
CrashinBoomBang vs Dragon Claw - I'm bolding this one off of team support and the fact that I think erz is a dangerous prospect when he's motivated which he normally is. I would bold CBB but alas my love for luna is stronger than my hate for the cheater. I think erz will get the better team and by that virtue win because they're pretty similar playing ability wise

daunt vs

Of Course You Won't
is a Tiering Contributor
Confide vs TheFranklin
lax vs Punny
atomicllamas vs odr
Nat
vs Charmflash
CrashinBoomBang vs Dragon Claw

Confide vs TheFranklin - sorry franklin i have to bold my goat

lax vs Punny - titanic showing week 1. I think if this matchup happened later in the season then lax would have a really good shot at taking Punny down but idk if he'll be able to familiarise himself with the tier quickly enough to take Punny down. Definitely the game to watch though

atomicllamas vs odr - if odr has played the game within the past 3 months he will win but im not sure if he has done that, llamas always goes even or close to it and im sure itll be the same this year but usually that relies on farming the smaller names and there arent too many of those this time around so idk, cool game for sure though i hope it comes down to a durant speed tie and whoever wins the tie misses and loses

Nat
vs Charmflash - inevitable memes about nat winning lor losing week 1 sinking her team's season are to ensue, but I think she'll handily take this one. Charmflash is undoubtedly skilled and seems to have been building his own stuff as recently as Grand Slam so that helps with meta knowledge, and I do rate these two fairly similarly in terms of clicking ability with Nat slightly higher. i think Nat's craziness in the builder will be what gives her this one though

CrashinBoomBang vs Dragon Claw - idk shit about either of these players in this tier but the german showdown is sure to be hilarious one way or another

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Confide vs TheFranklin - confide has really strong support for what it's worth but i have faith in the dutch prodigy
lax
vs Punny - poorny somehow just never loses in this tier but im gonna bet on the upset. feel like lax is def one of the ppl most likely to take a game off punny
atomicllamas vs odr - ricky
Nat vs Charmflash - wouldnt dare betting against my own teammate. moreover i think charm will tilt nat
CrashinBoomBang vs Dragon Claw - i have no idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)