Scizor and the punching bag (An uber warstory)

Status
Not open for further replies.

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Now this is my first war story, so I hope you all enjoy it, and dont be to hard while rating ;). Now i was laddering on ubers, waiting for a battle one dark night (ok it was like 2pm hush), when i finally found someone! I prepared myself for a tough battle as some people joined in after him.
(the title refers to scizor being on all teams, regardless of tier (even UU yes!), and the punching bag is Wobbuffet, the two dont interact in this warstory on the battlefield, but they both play a key role in the outcome of the fight.

My team:
capefeather's moves will look like this.
firecape01's moves will look like this.
other text will look like this.
Leftovers will be mentioned once, then removed.
Weather will be mentioned once, then removed, as he has one weather changing pokemon, and i have none.
The following pokemon have leftovers: My Wobbuffet
Scores will be shown after each KO. (him-me)
Health percentages will be shown after each turn (if you see any mistakes with my math please tell me!)
My comments will be in: Bold
My odd choice on set-up sweepers will be explained at the end.

Rules:
Ladder Match
Sleep Clause
Freeze Clause
OHKO Clause
Evasion Clause
Species Clause
Strict Damage Clause

capefeather sent out Heartless Angel (lvl 100 Dialga).
firecape01 sent out Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ?).
Dialga is exerting its pressure!
capefeather: gl
PinkLemonade has entered the room.
Butterz has entered the room.
Butterz has left the room.
firecape01: testing a new team gl ;o

Well im trying a fairly new team here, so any gaping flaws dont hit me for, but it functions very well in theory.
When i was creating this i had trouble finding a good lead, so i choose Scizor, a pretty uncommon lead that does fairly
well against most leads, this however, is not one of them, so i need to switch. What Dialga doesn't carry a fire move these days?
I decide to switch to make a fairly safe switch in, if he flamethrowers, it won't do much, and if he SR's its a free switch, I also can't get any of my sweepers paralyzed yet, so in comes:

firecape01 switched in Wobbuffet (lvl 100 Wobbuffet ?).
Dialga used Flamethrower.
Wobbuffet lost 26% of its health.
Wobbuffet restored 6% of its health.
Wobbufett: 80%
Dialga: 100%

Went off without a hitch. Now he will either SR or continue attacking as my evil little blob prevents him from switching, I doubt
he will keep attacking and just go for the all important SR, so I go for the encore, and deal with the results accordingly.
---
Dialga used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
Wobbuffet used Encore.
Dialga got an encore!
Wobbuffet: 86%

Either way he was in a bad position, and just goes for the SR, and gets encored. This is probably a better position for me then if he attacked,
as i get a free turn of set-up on a sweeper, rather then being forced to take damage. I evaluate my 2 set up sweepers (Latios and Latias)
and choose Latios, as he has a way of dealing with Scizor, if capefeather happens to have one. (and who doesn't?)
---
firecape01 switched in Latios (lvl 100 Latios ?).
Pointed stones dug into Latios.
Latios lost 12% of its health.
Dialga used Stealth Rock.
But it failed!
Latios: 88%

Nothing much to say, time to set up a CM as he is forced to switch out of SR because of encore, I could attempt to fire an attack off
at the incoming pokemon, but i have no clue as to what his team is.
---
capefeather switched in Havoc Wing (lvl 100 Scizor ?).
Latios used Calm Mind.
Latios's special attack was raised.
Latios's special defence was raised.
Latios (+1Sp Atk, +1Sp Def): 88%
Scizor: 100%

Ahh! I knew I was right in thinking he had Scizor. It may seem odd to carry HP fire, but it catches many Scizor off-guard. Time to obliterate
the annoying bug before he can U-turn his back on my Latios, also this Scizor tells me im most likely against an offensive/balance team,
and almost certainly not against a stall.
---
Scizor used Bullet Punch.
Latios lost 54% of its health.
Scizor lost 10% of its health.
Latios used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Scizor lost 90% of its health.
capefeather's Havoc Wing fainted.
Latios (+1Sp Atk, +1Sp Def): 34%
Scizor: K0
(5-6)

An excellent prediction on capefeather's part, and a bad one on my part. Knowing that without HP fire I most likely will fail to
kill him in one hit anyways, he chooses to go priority all over my Latios's ass, and rather than coming away from this unscathed as I had
hoped, it is easy pickings for many Pokemon, so much for a Latios sweep this game. First blood goes to me, but Latios can barely be called unharmed.
---
capefeather switched in Hyperdrive (lvl 100 Rayquaza).

Damn it, I wish I used the free switch to set up SR rather than CM now. I have no clue what moveset this Rayquaza runs, but it may carry
Extremespeed to so boldly switch into Latios, or may just want to scare it out for a free set up. I dont want Rayquaza to set up, forgetting i have a counter
for SD and DD waiting in the wings.

Rayquaza used Extremespeed.
Latios lost 33% of its health.
firecape01's Latios fainted.
Rayquaza lost 10% of its health.
Latios (+1Sp Atk, +1Sp Def): K0
Rayquaza: 90%
(5-5)

I stupidly attempt to stay in and kill it, however my Latios pays brutally for my misprediction, with a merciless barrage of
priority. I now choose to switch to my SR user, which is an odd one, but i had to squeeze it somewhere on the team.
---
firecape01 switched in Dialga (lvl 100 Dialga).
Pointed stones dug into Dialga.
Dialga lost 6% of its health.

This is a specs Dialga because I would rather be able to set up SR at some point rather then not have it on my team. I choose to Draco Meteor here over
SR because the Rayquaza may decide to stay in and EQ me, however i run just enough speed to outspeed Adamant Ray, and if he switched it will do massive damage
to all but Blissey, and a few steels, but Scizor is already eliminated, and seeing as im against an offensive team, I doubt a Blissey.

capefeather switched in Trine (lvl 100 Wobbuffet ?).
Dialga used Draco Meteor.
A critical hit!
Wobbuffet lost 100% of its health.
capefeather's Trine fainted.
Dialga's special attack was harshly lowered.
Dialga (-2Sp. Atk): 94%
Wobbuffet: K0
(4-5)

Hax strikes, but it wouldn't have made a difference as Draco Meteor would have killed the blob in 2 hits. Dialga's unpredictability scores me a K0, and now
I wait to see his next switch in.
----
firecape01: sorry :(
capefeather switched in Ultima (lvl 100 Kyogre).
Kyogre's Drizzle caused a storm!
Rain began to fall!
capefeather: it's fine

Well I don't feel like losing my Dialga just yet, and with -2Sp Atk its not doing much to Kyogre, so i decide to switch to (argueably) the best Kyogre counter in the game, as my Dialga is killed in 2 hits by a Water Spout, so with my Dialga nervously looking down the mighty Kyogre's blow hole i switch too:

firecape01 switched in Latias (lvl 100 Latias ?).
Pointed stones dug into Latias.
Latias lost 12% of its health.
Kyogre used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Latias lost 65% of its health.
The rain continues to fall.
Latias: 23%
Kyogre: 100%

Ok before i even start i know im going to get tons of people saying "lol Latios and Latias on the same team, noob!". I will explain this at the end, as my comments are long enough as is. Well that hurt alot, but it told me that Kyogre is Choice spec'd not scarfed, meaning that i outspeed it. I decide to recover up, because attacking blindly will really get me nowhere against his un-scouted team, and i may not be able to heal against what switches in.
---
capefeather switched in Heartless Angel (lvl 100 Dialga).
Latias used Recover.
Latias restored 50% of its health.
Latias: 73%

Glad i healed up, however i still cant switch back into a Kyogre Ice Beam, this Dialga was his lead so it probably has Thunderwave, and I have the perfect switch in!

---
Pointed stones dug into Wobbuffet.
Wobbuffet lost 12% of its health.
Dialga used Thunder Wave.
Wobbuffet is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
Wobbuffet: 92%

Glad i switched, and now time to see what he wants encored.
---
But it failed!
Wobbuffet is paralysed! It can't move!

The following turns i dont include damage percents, as its just Wobbuffet recovering with lefties (I will begin to include them again once damage is done). Well he seems to be trying to cripple a sweeper with an encored thunder wave, but i carry safeguard :). The next couple turns are kinda sad.
---
But it failed!
---
But it failed!
Wobbuffet used Encore.
Dialga got an encore!

Finally! Now lets see if I can set up safeguard before the encore wears off -.-.
---
firecape01: any day
But it failed!
---
capefeather: lol
But it failed!
Wobbuffet used Safeguard.
Your team became cloaked in a mystic veil!

Yay! Now, instead of setting up SR, I decide instead to recover my Latias to full health on my set up turn.
---
capefeather: ugh i knew it
firecape01 switched in Latias (lvl 100 Latias ?).
Pointed stones dug into Latias.
Latias lost 12% of its health.
But it failed!
Latias: 60%

Went off without a hitch, but thats Wobbuffet for you, epic ownage with absolutely no prediction, now time to heal up.
---
capefeather switched in Ultima (lvl 100 Kyogre).
Kyogre's Drizzle caused a storm!
Latias used Recover.
Latias restored 40% of its health.
Latias: 100%
Kyogre: 100%

I decide to shove a cork in this monstrocity's blow hole before it explodes on any of my team. I hate whales, and i doubt capefeather will switch Kyogre out after he just switched it in.
---
Latias used Grass Knot.
It's super effective!
Kyogre lost 73% of its health.
Kyogre used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Latias lost 65% of its health.
Latias: 35%
Kyogre: 27%

I decide to finish Kyogre off, as i doubt he will switch Kyogre out with such little health left, its blow hole torn and ruined.
---
Latias used Grass Knot.
It's super effective!
Kyogre lost 27% of its health.
capefeather's Ultima fainted.
Your team is no longer protected by Safeguard!
Latias: 35%
Kyogre: K0
(3-5)

Good ridance whale, and Latias sends Kyogre toppling down from grace with a grass knot, however it looks like Latias wont be sweeping this game, because here comes:
---
capefeather switched in Hyperdrive (lvl 100 Rayquaza).

The destroyer of Latios, Latias clamors for revenge, but i won't let her fall to the same fate as her brother. I decide to switch to Dialga for the predicted extremespeed, and I run just enough speed to outspeed adamant Ray, as stated before.

firecape01 switched in Dialga (lvl 100 Dialga).
Pointed stones dug into Dialga.
Dialga lost 6% of its health.
Rayquaza used Extremespeed.
It's not very effective...
Dialga lost 13% of its health.
Dialga: 75%
Rayquaza: 80%

I decide to go for the Draco Meteor once again, as he doesn't seem to have anything to take it, so somethings going to die...or so I think.
---
Rayquaza used Draco Meteor.
Dialga lost 75% of its health.
firecape01's Dialga fainted.
Rayquaza's special attack was harshly lowered.
Dialga: K0
Rayquaza (-2Sp atk): 70%
(3-4)

Damn, apparently its Jolly, and my Dialga pays for my misprediction of its nature, with a Draco Meteor to the face, a little bit of Karma i guess, after my Dialga delivered the same fate to his Wobbuffet. Well here comes my Jolly Rayquaza check, as the game starts gaining momentum rapidly.

---
firecape01: jolly dang
firecape01 switched in Garchomp (lvl 100 Garchomp ?).
Pointed stones dug into Garchomp.
Garchomp lost 6% of its health.

A really underrated pokemon in ubers, and a great clean up sweeper, but today its just going to revenge Rayquaza then scamper, i choose Dragon Claw as it should K0 Ray with that amount of HP, and if not i can just revenge with Scizor. I also dont want to be locked in, as capefeather still has 2 unrevealed pokes, Rayquaza has been a nuisance so far and I would love to see it topple down. However, now my entire team is revealed.

Garchomp used Dragon Claw.
It's super effective!
Rayquaza lost 70% of its health.
capefeather's Hyperdrive fainted.
Garchomp: 94%
Rayquaza (-2Sp atk): KO
(2-4)

R.I.P. retarded noodle-shaped dragon. I smile as a see the bane of my Lati twins topple in front of Garchomps triumphant claws. It seems as if im going to pull ahead and win this with elbow room, however I get a little overconfident in a few turns...
---
capefeather switched in Heartless Angel (lvl 100 Dialga).

I doubt i can kill support Dialga in 1 hit with Dragon claw, and i would like to keep my Garchomp meteor-dent free, so i decide to switch back to scizor, as he can take any attack that Dialga can throw him in the rain, and switch appropriately, as i expect a Draco Meteor. At the very least i can pivot to Wobbuffet.

firecape01 switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ?).
Pointed stones dug into Scizor.
Scizor lost 12% of its health.
Scizor is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
Scizor's Lum Berry cured its Paralysis!
Scizor: 88%

With no Meteors in sight, i decide to switch to Wobbuffet for the incoming Flamethrower.
---
Pointed stones dug into Wobbuffet.
Dialga used Flamethrower.
Wobbuffet: 82%

I see no reason to break my cycle with Wobbuffet and Dialga.
---
PinkLemonade has left the room.
Wobbuffet lost 51% of its health.
Wobbuffet used Encore.
Dialga got an encore!
Wobbuffet: 37%
Dialga(-2Sp atk): 100%

Ouch, that hurt. It was bound to happen sometime, I know can get 1 Mirror coat out before Wobbuffet falls. I doubt he can kill me with a -2 Draco Meteor here, so i go for the mirror coat.
---
Dialga's attack missed!
Wobbuffet used Mirror Coat.
But it failed!
Wobbuffet: 43%
Dialga(-2Sp atk): 100%

I gain a lucky break, and leftovers brings me to a point where i doubt 2 Meteors will kill me.
---
Wobbuffet lost 28% of its health.
Dialga lost 73% of its health.
Wobbuffet: 21%
Dialga( -4Sp Atk): 27%

Nothing to say really, ill get another Mirror coat and he will die, i can then encore the next switch in meaning it cant set up if it tries, or it kills me and gets revenged by chomp. Im about to say my ggs when....
---
Wobbuffet lost 18% of its health.
Wobbuffet: 9%
Dialga( -6Sp Atk): 27%

This paralyses doesn't matter, as i can simply revenge kill Dialga with any one of my pokes. The next one is the interesting one...
---
Dialga's attack missed!
Wobbuffet used Encore.
But it failed!
Wobbuffet: 15%
Dialga( -6Sp Atk): 27^

O no! I misclick giving the next pokemon a free set-up if it pleases as Dialga's pressure sucks the last of encore's PP. It can still be salvaged though, as he doesn't know I dont have encore PP, no one tell him >_>.
---
Wobbuffet lost 13% of its health.
Dialga's special attack won't go lower!
Dialga lost 27% of its health.
capefeather's Heartless Angel fainted.
Wobbuffet: 8%
Dialga( -6Sp Atk): KO
(1-4)

I would rather that Wobb had died, so i could revenge kill it with Latias, and then be in nice position to see his last poke, and use Latias as death fodder, but you cant win them all, although it looks like this one is over....
---
capefeather switched in Forsaken (lvl 100 Kingdra ?).

Crap. All i can hope for is that he hasn't been keeping track of my encore PP, or its over. I decide to switch to Latias for Death fodder to see what it does, as im fairly sure Garchomp can take a waterfall and i know that Scizor can take an Outrage and waterfall, but its all over if he DDs.

firecape01 switched in Garchomp (lvl 100 Garchomp ?).
Pointed stones dug into Garchomp.
Garchomp lost 6% of its health.
Kingdra used Waterfall.
Garchomp lost 70% of its health.
Kingdra lost 10% of its health.
Garchomp: 17%
Kingdra: 90%

Misclick again...omg that could be game. Latias will fall to even waterfall i think, scizor will get an attack off, but will probably fail to 1HitK0, and Wobbuffet falls to SR.... great.
---
Kingdra used Waterfall.
A critical hit!
Garchomp lost 17% of its health.
firecape01's Garchomp fainted.
(1-3)
Kingdra: 80%
Garchomp: KO

This game is coming to an end very soon, and Garchomp bites the dust...I decide to bank on Scizor as my last hope, as Latias falls easily and Wobb is just death fodder, thoughts racing through my head, i dont even think of using Latias to accumulate LO damage.
---
firecape01 switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ?).
Pointed stones dug into Scizor.
Scizor lost 12% of its health.
Kingdra used Waterfall.
Scizor lost 71% of its health.
Scizor used Bug Bite.
Kingdra lost 52% of its health.
Scizor: 18%
Kingdra: 18%

Now i run an extremely defensive careful Scizor...can it KO with its signature move....

suspense....

---
Scizor used Bullet Punch.
It's not very effective...
Kingdra lost 18% of its health.
capefeather's Forsaken fainted.
(0-3)
firecape01 wins!
capefeather: gg
firecape01: gg

Now at the second to last turn, the game is clearly over to any objective outsider. Put yourself in my shoes, however, forgetting completely about LO damage and my Latias death fodder. Now i run an extremely defensive careful Scizor with 10 attack Evs...and i wasn't sure if it could KO wih BP, which turns out it rolled max damage at 18%. Our ggs said we leave, and i decide to make this warstory, hope you enjoyed, please comment, rate, love it, hate it, just dont hurt me :O.

Now I know many probably want an explanation on my use of both Latias and Latios on the same team. These two work great together, with Latios coming out first vs. offensive teams to eliminate Scizor, and Latias being able to come out later to deal with Kyogre once they think its all nice and safe (as perfectly illistrated above). Latias comes out first against stall teams with her recover. Also Latios with soul dew is the most powerful special attacker after 1 set-up turn then any pokemon viable in ubers, besides darkrai, and darkrai is more easily countered because it gains no special defence from set up. (please tell me if the previous statement is wrong, although i dont beleive it is).

Thanks for a great game capefeather, hope you all enjoyed reading it! Please tell me if there are any mistakes in the story, as i tried my best, but like stated before, this is my first warstory! Tell me if you liked please, because if it was terrible ill try for a better one next time...unless its so terrible no one wants me to make another
:(.

Next ill show you guys capefeathers team, but seriously, when people compare uber teams in warstorys and the like there will almost always be crossovers, in this case there are three, this doesn't mean the uber metagame isn't as diverse as other metagames, it just means there are less pokemon in it. This metagame is as diverse-or maybe even more so because of the vast amount of sets just one pokemon can use- then other metagame. Thats just my quick rant about how people dont play ubers because "it sucks". Now on to his team and props/slops:

Capefeather's team:

Props:
-My Wobbuffet for being beast
-My scizor for clinching the game for me
-Garchomp from saving me from Rayquaza, and pwning in ubers (go die Garchomp rapes all! :D )
-Capes Scizor and Rayquaza for priority the shit out of me
-Capes Kingdra for almost winning it for him
-No hax that matter (seeing as how all that Draco Meteor missing put cape in a good position)​

Slops:
-Capes Dialga for being Wobbuffet's bitch
-Capes Wobbuffet and my Latios for being punching bags
-My misclicking -_-
-All the Draco meteor misses that let my Wobb survive
-The two stars of my team (Latios and Latias) for not sweeping at all...
-Kyogre for being Latias's bitch​
-Me for not getting SR up
Mvp:

For being so epic, setting up two pokes for set-up/recovery, and killing Dialga at the end.​

(ps: already stated but please tell me how I can improve on future warstories, and any mistakes in the log!)​

edit: i thought the misclicking made it more interesting because I pretty much had the game in the bad and then bam...sorry if it didn't, and also i would appreciate it if people could give constructive criticism on warstory writing, (Not my battling), thanks.​

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No, this was pretty great actually. Not just for a first attempt either. Smart gameplay and plenty of jokes makes me a happy reader. :)

I'm just a little spiteful that a newbie like you is so much better at Ubers than me. >:(

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Pretty good warstory, particularly since it's your first. Your team isn't the best and you made a couple of obvious misplays, but your comments were substantiated and your formatting didn't troll me, so all in all I'd say it was a success.

Your formatting gave me cancer. Seriously, in the upper half you have random line breaks. That's horrible. The battle was decent, as was the commentary. 4/10 as is, 6/10 if you fix that goddamn formatting.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
This was a 'meh' warstory. A lot better than the slur of shit warstories that have been posted lately. The battle was average (the misclicking was a huge turnoff) and the commentary was only slightly above average. Overall, it wasn't bad though.

I am brand new to Ubers(built my first team a month ago), but I really liked reading this. The formatting was actually nice; All the percents were listed and there were only three colors, which is a relief over the warstories that have 20 colors and make it impossible to tell moves apart.

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The names are so similar that I feel like this is a "staged" battle between you and you.
what are you talking about? if it was "staged" how could i misclick? Also, if you'd look someone actually posted as a battle spectator...why would i spend a few hours making a "staged" war story, clueless.

I've staged such perfect battles with everything. Misclicks included to get those reader cringes but it just felt wrong. There's a good amount of staged PBR battles on youtube that look great and people pull them off easily. There's nothing wrong with staged battles. Movies are staged and they're great. Football games aren't and those are good to watch too.

firecape

This is the end...
I've staged such perfect battles with everything. Misclicks included to get those reader cringes but it just felt wrong. There's a good amount of staged PBR battles on youtube that look great and people pull them off easily. There's nothing wrong with staged battles. Movies are staged and they're great. Football games aren't and those are good to watch too.
Ok what ever you say. Bye now. Some people actually battle though, not make up stories, like the one you are spinning right now.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It was a pretty good battle with some great commentary for a beginner. I didn't like those misclicks. (watch your mouse okay!)

Good job

7.5/10

what are you talking about? if it was "staged" how could i misclick? Also, if you'd look someone actually posted as a battle spectator...why would i spend a few hours making a "staged" war story, clueless.
Good thing Capefeather isn't an actual user on Smogon amirite?

you made a mistake, you say the crit against wobb didn't matter, as it would 2hko. Unless it does 75% (no way) it wouldn't. Sp.att lowering ;)
Otherwise, good. Should be in Ubers subforum though

firecape

This is the end...
you made a mistake, you say the crit against wobb didn't matter, as it would 2hko. Unless it does 75% (no way) it wouldn't. Sp.att lowering ;)
Otherwise, good. Should be in Ubers subforum though
Its choice specs dialga...

Full power = 72.2% - 84.8%

-2Sp atk= 36% - 42.6%

72+ 36= 108

Always 2hitkO....?

And i asked Haunter, and he said that he wasn't sure, but he saw other stuff like UU warstories here, and they were fine, + not many people in ubers sub-forum.

specs, for some reason I reason I thought you said scarf. I guess that explains hoe rayquaza outsped you. This is why I need more coffee

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You guys are too anal. The warstory is a pretty good read and a couple of harmless misclicks (which happen all the time in real matches btw) shouldn't take away from that.

Not too good because capefeather is a total noob.

Haha I'm just kidding, it wasn't the worst warstory, but it isn't something I would warstory. Speaking of which, it's getting close to time for my first warstory...

Great warstory, it managed to really keep my interest.

I personally had never considered using both Lati twins on the same team - it's always been either one or the other in my mind given that they double up on weaknesses. But now that you mention it I don't see why it wouldn't work, given proper defensive support.

You guys are too anal. The warstory is a pretty good read and a couple of harmless misclicks (which happen all the time in real matches btw) shouldn't take away from that.
^That.

The battle was great. Boo hoo, misclicks, shit happens yo. Still, close match, great plays. I liked it.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHBUFFET!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)