Scavengers Ladder Cycles

On the fifth day of Scavmas, the Scav hunt gave to me... Wins cutting close!

Hosting the next Scavmas hunt today, December 24th at 10:30 PM IST (5 PM GMT/12 PM EST).

QCs by Weebs Galore and Computerwizard8800; thanks for putting up with the hunt <3

===

1) Name the first Pokémon in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon to have gender differences. [Nidoran / Nidoran, Nidoran / Nidoran-F / Nidoran-M / Nidoran-F, Nidoran-M]
2) Name the first Pokémon in Pokémon Unite to have their gender changed between patches (alphabetically; final evolutions only). [Eldegoss, Gardevoir, Wigglytuff]
3) At one point in Pokémon Unite, wearing a certain Holowear would change the character's gender. Name the Pokémon, then the Holowear name.
[Umbreon, Checkered Style / Umbreon, Checkered]

The official scavenger hunt by Partoru was ended automatically.
1st place: solar blade [18:04].
2nd place: Cryonic✠Squire [19:52].
3rd place: Devoxys [24:57].
4th place: pyorololi [33:15].
5th place: Santa >_> Dy [37:08].
Consolation Prize: snecko [51:34], Rostorm-frost [56:32], Bert122 [01:21:01], Sabby60>>>☆ [01:52:15], bubidajeffery [02:06:28], sleet dab xd [02:50:44], NewsDan-ta Claus [03:20:15]

Sadly no one blitzed (though shoutouts pyorololi for the blitz time, sadly this wasn't Time Trial >_>)

Theme Team points: Devoxys, pyorololi, Santa >_> Dy for successfully guessing Pokémon genders (in side games)!

Thanks for coming, and hopefully next time I make something more people can actually blitz <3

Mhave fun with the rest of Scavmas!

Last edited:

Graibgr

crying on the inside
On the sixth day of Scavmas the Scav hunt gave to me: Blitz timers growing (Double Length Blitz Period)

Hosted the Scavmas Day 6 Official on Monday, December 25th, at 11:00 AM EST!

Thanks to aQrator for QCing, and WarriorGallade for QCing and hosting!

This official was hosted with Spam Filter as part of People's Choice!

The official scavenger hunt by bubidajeffery was ended automatically.
1st place: Bert122 [01:46:26]. (28 Incorrect Guesses)
2nd place: Krampler ❀ [18:59:57]. (10 Incorrect Guesses)

1) Hello and Merry Christmas Everyone! I decided to open a certain Pokemon game today and immediately got hit with a special theme just for the holiday season! What games could I have opened? (alpha) [Pokemon Masters EX, Pokemon Sleep, Pokemon Unite / Pokémon Masters EX, Pokémon Sleep, Pokémon Unite]
2) I then got bored and started watching reruns of the Pokemon anime. A scene that I had seen in an earlier(chronologically) episode caught my interest at one point, with the same inaccuracies appearing on a certain Pokemon both times. I also found out that these were the only two times this happened. Name the Pokemon followed by the episode I was watching. [Gliscor, Dealing With Defensive Types!]
3) While I don't have much going on today, I'm actually in Japan and I'm hoping to pick up a special bundle later this week with some coupons and merchandise that has these Pokemon on them (exclude Pikachu, alpha). [Fuecoco, Goomy, Quagsire, Snorlax, Wobbuffet]

Was a little bit scuffed (*cough* Q2 *cough*) but wishing everyone the best for the back half of Scavmas!

Last edited:

Tapler

Coral Bitch
is a Top Social Media Contributor
On the seventh day of Scavmas, the Scav hunt gave to me: Frontrunners distracting! (Top Tier Distractions)

Hosted the day 7 Scavmas hont on Tuesday, December 26th at 7PM PST!

1st place: bubidajeffery [46:19]
2nd place: Computerblizzard [01:11:57]
3rd place: WarriorGallade [01:13:32]
4th place: sleet dab xd [01:24:34]

(Underline = Finished with a Perfect Score!)

Q1 - In the non-mashup OM where Pokemon gain access to all unbanned moves and abilities, this is the weakest banned ability according to the Showdown GitHub’s ability ratings.
Q2 - In Zarel’s Pet Mod, these Pokemon are able to set weather permanently, regardless of their ability. (alpha)
Q3 - If successful, the move Horsey gives the target one of these abilities. (alpha)
Q1 - Neutralizing Gas
Q2 - Cherrim, Cryogonal, Phione, Probopass
Q3 - Chilling Neigh, Flash Fire, Grim Neigh, Sap Sipper, Stamina
Bert asked for an explanation so here it is.

First you need to find what the move is; searching Horsey on Smogon will lead you to this post, which doesn't fully understand the move, just that it "Transforms the opponent into a random horse." The post explicitly mentions that the move originates in GPT2Mons, one of many Pet Mods that can be found in the Gen 8 Solomods Megathread. The linked sheet in its post also doesn't explain Horsey beyond horse transformation, but the megathread's OP states that it's playable here on the Dragon Heaven client, a link that no longer works, as the server migrated off of Heroku after it shut down its free tier. If you try googling something like "Dragon Heaven Pokemon" or "Dragon Heaven Showdown", one of the first things that comes up is a link to the server's GitHub, where the answer can be found here. The only ways that I know of to find concrete solutions to Q1 and Q2 both require a similar solvepath of finding info on the format and then searching the main Showdown GitHub, so if you were going for Perfect Score (rather than spamguessing q1 based on the banlist or q2 based on the scattered mentions of the four permaweather setters in the Gen-NEXT thread), you hopefully got to have an easier time with this one.

QCs by Turt and Teut!

Last edited:
On the eighth day of Scavmas, the Scav Hunt gave to me: Ladders for climbing! (Point Ladder)

Hosted the day 8 Scavmas hunt on Wednesday, December 27th at 3 pm EST (8 pm UTC)!
1st place: Snow Forme Shaymin [11:13:42].
2nd place: Sabby60>>>☆ [12:23:11].

Solution:
1) All 3 questions in this hunt involve randomly generating Pokémon in various Pokémon games. The mechanics of RNG in Pokémon is very complicated and to save you the trouble of downloading and setting up various pieces of software, suppose I have modified these games to significantly simplify it. We will keep the pseudorandom number generator algorithm already used by the game. Suppose a seed is (only) freshly set before walking into an encounter tile for the first time. 1 random number (RN) is calculated and used as soon as you step on an encounter tile to determine whether you get an encounter (suppose there's some math being done on that number). When an encounter is made, 1 RN will be used to determine what Pokémon you will encounter by checking the encounter slot table, picking the column by taking the RN modulus the number of encounter slots. Disregard generating the level for the wild Pokémon for games where it is not included in the encounter slot table. Finally, 4 RNs are used to determine a Pokémon's PID and IVs, the method of which is unmodified (hint: the guide is on Smogon). Since you'll only need to determine up to that for the first encounter made in each question, that's all you need to know for now. Note that the PID/IV RNs and Encounter Slot RN may be from different PRNGs in some games, we'll use the encounter slot PRNG for encounter tile steps in that case. Without further ado: Emerald, Petalburg Woods, encounter at 6th step, seed ABCD1234. Give the Pokémon, its Nature, and its Speed IV, in that order. [wurmple docile 17]
2) Pearl, Great Marsh Area 5 with FireRed Pak, encounter at 9th step, seed B1BAD00F. Give the Pokémon, its Gender (m/f), Ability, and its Attack IV, in that order. [bidoof f unaware 19]
3) Okay, I lied, I'm changing the pseudorandom number generator algorithm too. For this question, we'll be using of the earliest algorithms, one made by von Neumann himself. Note that we're still working with hexadecimals! Leafgreen, Pokemon Tower 7F, encounter at step 13, seed DEADBEEF. Give the Pokemon, its Nature, its Defense IV, and its Special Defense IV in that order. [haunter modest 7 6]

QCs by turtalkatthing and TeutonicSquire!

Congrats to all finishers and thanks to the QCers and everyone who attempted the hunt!

Last edited:

TeutonicSquire

Squiring up
On the ninth day of Scavmas the Scav hunt gave to me: Wikis for racing! (Wikirace)

Hosted the day 9 official on Thursday, 28th December at 10 PM EST (3 am UTC).

Thanks to Devoxys and Turtalkatthing for QCing the hunt!

1st place: sleet dab xd [01:09:20].
2nd place: Bert122 [01:28:16].
3rd place: bubidajeffery [01:48:12].
4th place: Rostorm-frost [02:38:55].
5th place: Menace02 [03:20:42].

Congratulations to bubidajeffery for finishing with no incorrect guesses.

1) All questions are about Pokemon Crystal. A certain trainer class would send its Pokemon in a different order depending on how they were encountered by the player. However, one member of this trainer class used the same order regardless of the way they were encountered, with the other order being unused. In alphabetical order, list the moves that are not shared between their Pokemon's movesets. [Flamethrower, Ice Beam / use either https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Flamethrower_(move) or https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ice_Beam_(move) as your wikirace start point]
2) Excluding battle facilities, alphabetically list all Pokemon used by NPCs that have a held item when battled and know at least one move that they can learn from TM or cannot learn by level up at the level they are battled. [Kingler, Nidoqueen, Rapidash]
3) At this location with multiple Bug Catchers, every Bug Catcher uses the overworld sprite of a Youngster. [National Park / https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/National_Park Use only links in paragraphs for your wikihunt (no tables, boxes, etc)]

The shortest wikirace paths were found by:
sleet dab xd: Ice Beam -> Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee -> Gold and Silver -> National Park
bubidajeffery: Flamethrower --> Pokemon Sword and Shield --> Gō Ichinose --> National Park
Also going to thank Deftinwolf and Turtalkatthing (again) for QCing the original official that was accidentally leaked because I'm bad ;;

Last edited:
On the tenth day of Scavmas, the Scav hunt gave to me: Time for another!

Hosted the Scavmas Day 10 official on Friday, December 29th @ 4 PM EST.
Ty TeutonicSquire & Devoxys for QCs :>

1st place: BubidaJeffery! [26:28].
2nd place: powergo [44:33].
3rd place: Menace02 [03:49:38].
4th place: penguind [03:59:30].
5th place: Bert122 [04:02:44].

powergo, Menace02, and penguind completed the hunt without a single wrong answer!

1) A certain Ribbon is invisible outside of Pokemon HOME in Gen 8, but is accounted for by the Ribbon Syndicate in BDSP. This was its name within its game of origin. Pioneer; Pioneer Ribbon
2) Of the entirely pre-Gen 4 evolutionary lines present in the Hisui Dex, three are not present in the Sinnoh Dex. Their members can be found as guaranteed alphas in these sublocations. (alpha) Firespit Island, Ginkgo Landing, Nature's Pantry
3) Despite being limitlessly obtainable, these Pokemon cannot reach Research Level 10 purely by catching them in Legends Arceus. (alpha) Phione, Spiritomb
4) This fully-evolved, non-legendary Pokemon can originate from Legends Arceus, but can never have a mark exclusive to Pokemon from that game. Ninetales-Alola

Players had to get from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pioneer_program to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine-tailed_fox using links in the body of an article only.
Shortest paths:
BubidaJeffery Pioneer Program -> Venus -> Japanese culture -> Bunraku -> Nine-tailed fox
Bert122 Pioneer Program -> Moon -> Japan -> Bunraku -> Nine-tailed fox

Last edited:
On the eleventh day of Scavmas, the scav hunt gave to me: A bet with Lucky Money!

Hosted the day 11 fish for Scavmas today (Saturday, December 30, 14:00 GMT)
Thanks to aQrator and Tapler for the QCs!
It was a point rally, consisting of 5 hunts in total. Each hunt used a different people's choice twist to commemorate the chaos.

Sadly, not every hunt saw a finisher but we appreciate all those who tried.

Hunt 1: Perfect Score
Results:
1st place: Bert122 [16:24].
2nd place: Sabby60>>>☆ [18:05].

Solution:
1) One random day, while attempting some scavenger hunts on Showdown, you receive a package in the mail from your brother. Knowing his inimitable self, it'd have to have some Pokemon reference involved. However, when you open it, all you find is some stationery. Included with an envelope inviting you to have lunch with him at a nearby cafe, where both of you could discuss even more Pokemon. He did include a challenge on a separate piece of paper. "What item did I send you? You could even receive it in-game if you so wished." [RSVP mail / wikirace start and end points will be found as alts to q4, use /viewhunt after you finish]
2) Your face cracks a smile. "You haven't changed one bit", you think. As you decide to find a reply, you remember how your brother loved mythical Pokemon - Mew was among his favorites. As such, you write out a reply on a letter and post it in some Mew-themed mail, accepting the invitation. Of course, like the previous question, you could also obtain this mail in-game. What was it? [mirage mail]
3) Finally, with both correspondences exchanged, you head to the cafe with some time to spare. On the way though, you start reminiscing about mail, and about how its presence added a lot of character to the older games. You remember Seals, as they too fell into a similar category, they only ever existed in Sinnoh but were another fun thing to customize. You reminisced about a memorable event with them; when battling Sinnoh's final leader, they had some seals on their ace Pokemon's Pokeball. What seal(s) did they use? [fire seal d]
4) Speaking of seals, you remember something interesting when you aimed to collect as many seals as you possibly could. In doing this, you'd have to travel to various places across Sinnoh. To access these two seals, you'd have to enter a location that was exactly 90 tiles wide, and no more than 9 tiles tall at its tallest point. Assume no trading is involved. [mysteryseal shockseal / start the wikirace at: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mail / end the wikirace at: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sticker]

Hunt 2: Theme Team - the theme was berries
Results:
1st place: Bert122 [26:39].

Solution:
1) With that out of the way, you head inside the cafe only to see your brother already at a table. Glad to see him after ages, you wave and join him at the table. After catching up on the important stuff, you decide to divert attention to the really important stuff; Pokemon. Still, your stomach rumbled so you decided to order first, asking for a menu. Noticing this, your brother recommended a Berry Sorbet to start off. An odd choice, as one normally wouldn't start a meal with dessert. He explained "So, while playing one of the games recently, I came across a restaurant that served this exact dish! It sounded so amazing, so I had to try it in real life if I could! I'd wager you'd like it as well. The sorbet in-game was made with two berries, what were they?" (alpha) [rawst spelon / rawstberry spelonberry / start the wikirace at either of the two berries’ pages on bulbapedia]
2) With the order placed, both of you peruse the menu further. However, it seems like your brother was a bit more enamoured with the berries than you thought. He continues, "Some of these berries are real neat, huh? While playing another game, I gave this random guy some specific item, and he gave me some berries in exchange! I looked around the game a bit more, and there was another NPC who did something similar. I gave both of them the same item, and each gave me different berries. After that, I took a look at what I received. All but one of the berries would either have some effect when used from the bag, or in battle when held by a Pokemon. I'd like to think they'd make for a really good dessert. Anyway, what are all these berries, excluding the one that has no such effect?" [cheri leppa pecha persim pomeg / cheriberry leppaberry pechaberry persimberry pomegberry]
3) As the sorbet arrives, you're quite taken aback by the taste. Heavily raspberry focussed, it's not too sweet, a bit tart. While you'd probably prefer something a bit creamier, like ice cream, your brother loves it, asking if he can dig into your sorbet as well. You oblige, and as he feasts, you think of various other berries that could be used to better balance the sorbet's taste. As you begin daydreaming, some images float into your mind, something that'd make a much better dessert. Perhaps all the green would make a good combination with mint. What are they? (answer from left to right, in order of appearance) https://imgur.com/a/2B0pi3h [lum strib rabuta rawst babiri / lumberry stribberry rabutaberry rawstberry babiriberry]
4) Of course, your brother snaps you back into reality. "Earth to scavenger, you here? Here's a simpler question that'll keep you grounded in reality. So, there's this certain place in-game which had some pretty good dishes, a ramen bowl, and some dish themed around Magnemite? Can't quite remember the specifics. Although people kept trying to battle me while the food was getting ready, that was mildly annoying. Anyway, based on some of the items those trainers had on their Pokemon, they were probably hungrier than I was. What berries were used as held items in this location? [salac sitrus / salacberry sitrusberry / end the wikirace at either of the two berries’ pages on bulbapedia]

Hunt 3: Time Trial
Results:
Nobody finished this in time unfortunately :(

Solution:
With the appetizer(?) done, now it's time for the main course. Both of you are quite hungry, but your brother is adventurous and decides to order a Steak with Ranch sauce, despite your protests about the efficacy of that combo. In any case, you decide to order a fresh bowl of ramen, inspired by the last question. As the two of you are waiting, you discuss the mail correspondence from earlier in the hunt. Your brother pipes up, "Oh yeah, the Mew was a nice touch! Liked that a lot. That reminds me, you know how I've pretty much always bought Pokemon games on the day they first released, no matter where, right?. As you nod, he continues, "Well, speaking of Mew, I might have been one of the earliest people in the world to acquire a Mew with a non-damaging move capable of increasing the catch % of wild Pokemon by the largest possible amount - quite helpful. Of course, excluding moves that call other moves. Now then, if you get this right, you can try out the steak!" Looking at your reaction, he continues, "...hah, I jest. Still, take a shot at this, yeah? It'll keep you busy till that ramen's here. What's the earliest date (format as DD/MM/YYYY) where I could've gotten a Mew like that?" | 01/04/2008; 1/4/2008; start the wikirace at: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/My_Pokémon_Ranch

As your food arrives, both of you dig in. Your brother is maybe a bit less pleased with his choice, but you did warn him. A bit annoyed, he finishes up. Meanwhile, you quite liked the ramen, it was flavorful, not too spicy and the noodles were cooked just right. Now that you think, wasn't there another meal in-game (mainline) that gave you a similar feeling? You remember seeing a large building similar to a Wailord, and being quite put at peace by the ambience of it. After your meal, you got a small gift too! However, you do remember that your player character had some trouble finishing what they'd ordered, as it was the largest item on the menu there. Where were you and what had you ordered? (answer in that order) | seafolkvillage zumongous z noodles

Not too pleased with the steak, your brother decides to order another ramen for himself. As you've finished the ramen, you peruse the menu once more to see what else to eat. Perhaps something more solid would be an interesting choice? You decide on a potato au gratin, as you're still quite hungry. As you're both waiting, you wonder how food might taste if Pokemon moves were used to cook it. Perhaps a Slash style food would be finely chopped, a Magical Leaf style would be a colorful vegetarian themed meal, and a Water Pulse would be a mild flavored seafood themed meal? Regardless, you ponder the implications and realize that this actually does exist in some capacity within some of the mainline game(s)! What specific location serves food like this? (be more specific than city/town/etc) | hotel richissime

As you mention this idea to your brother, he laughs and remarks, "Yeah, it'd be nice but too much maintenance to even consider. Anyway, rich people like the hotelliers can afford to do that. Speaking of rich people, I came across this one random woman while playing another game. She didn't seem out of the ordinary, but she gave me $30,000 in exchange for a single item! Gotta say, that was some cash money. Assuming I'd not traded/transferred with any games or received any events. What are all the items I could've given her?" | lansatberry starfberry; end the wikirace at either of the two berries on bulbapedia

Hunt 4: Scavengers Feud
Results:
1st place: sleet dab xd [16:53].

Solution:
1) As your new dishes arrive, you dig in. This is easily the highlight of the meal, as the potato is well cooked, cheesy and loaded with vegetables abound. Your brother appreciated his ramen as well, cleanly finishing the bowl. As you decide what to order next, your brother reminds you, "Hey, it's nearly new year! Let's get something fun to celebrate the season, yeah?" You agree, and the two of you decide to order a sizzling brownie with ice cream as dessert(...but what did you start the meal with then?). As your brother contemplates his dessert of choice, he remarks, "Oh yeah, it'd be lit if this brownie was actually served on a fire. Hey, speaking of which, Fire Emblem! I thought that a certain Pokemon game was having a crossover with it when I read its manual, as one of the types seemed to be named after a healing staff there. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. If only! What game do you wager this was?" [pokemon channel / pokémon channel / start the wikirace at: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Channel]
2) Intrigued by this revelation, you decided to see if this was fate, by mounting a conquest on Channel to see if it can provide any other unintentional crossovers. That being said, the ice cream arrives first. You'd ordered a Pistachio, while your brother, to no surprise, went with Strawberry yet again. As you dig in and enjoy the flavors, Casteliacones come to mind for being the iconic Pokemon ice cream of choice. But you remember yet again that there was another odd ice cream that you ate somewhere in the Pokemon world. Its name eludes you, but you were sure that it was the reason you could obtain items more easily after battling a wild Heracross, no matter where it was battled. What did you eat? [teriyaki ice cream]
3) As the brownies themselves arrive, a smoky platter greets the two of you as it's set down. The sight and smell is truly something. Having saved enough ice cream, the combination is delectable. Combined with both the chocolate and caramel sauces, it's quite the sweet end to a meal. But we're not done yet! Somehow, something about this combination makes both of you crave for some more fruit to go with the dessert. Your brother senses you deep in thought and remarks, "Same thing as I'm thinking, huh? An assortment of berries wouldn't be too bad, especially if we had a minigame to go with them. I remember that minigame involved Ditto and some unevolved Gen 4 Pokemon, which was an interesting choice to be sure. Heck, you could even get around 36% of all the berries that existed back then, via that. However, there's one prize there that was not a berry. Unfortunately, I doubt it's edible, but you might be interested in it. What is it?" [nugget]
4) As you think of a Nugget's sparkle, your memory is jogged about something similar. You remember walking across a grand city with very tall buildings, randomly pressing a few buttons. As you did so, some sparkles became visible in the overworld. Upon approaching them, you received a berry. Being disoriented with it all, you were only able to collect 5 berries before getting a message that said "Time's up!". Besides the berries, what reward did you get for collecting them? [pass orb / end the wikirace at: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pass_Orb]

Feud:
Most common incorrect answers:
Q1: conquest, pokemonconquest - No one guessed correctly!
Q2: teriyaki - sleetdabxd
Q3: berrymulch, berryjuice - No one guessed correctly!
Q4: passorbs - sleetdabxd

Hunt 5: Spam Filter
Results:
1st place: sleet dab xd [01:12:17].

Solution:
1) Finally, both of you are done eating. Quite the lovely experience on the whole. Your brother offers to foot the bill, and you accept. Though he is surprised how much prices have increased since the last time he was here. "Perhaps I should've invited you here last year? Anyway, that's neither here nor there. Speaking of money, while I count the change out, here's something to keep you busy. So I was playing another game where Pokemon could follow me in the overworld, really liked that. After getting my bicycle from a shop, I realized that they couldn't follow me on - a pity. Anyway, as I was doing so, I realized that for one of my Pokemon to be able to know a specific move, I'd have to spend as little as $200, but could be charged as much as $7600 in one go. Highway robbery, I say. First the bicycle was priced exorbitantly, and now this. Anyway, assuming I didn't trade with any other games, what move was this? [mist / start the wikirace at: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mist]
2) Your brother realizes he's a bit short on change, so he gives you some cash to use at a nearby vending machine, picking up some drinks and returning with coins. As you get up, you wonder what drink to have, as prices can vary a lot depending on where you are. You remember that after having a meal in an earlier question, you headed to a different location and spotted a vending machine there. Wanting a drink, you approached it and noticed that their price was different from what you remembered. Having $1,000 spare that day, you chose to buy six drinks there, the most possible with that much money. Where were you, and what drink was this? (answer in that order) [heaheacity freshwater / gamefreakoffice freshwater]
3) You consider the water, but grab two Lemonades from the machine and head back with the change. The bill is paid, and the two of you prepare to head out of the cafe. You're sad at this parting, remembering the fun afternoon, evening and sleepover that the two of you enjoyed ages ago, but the business of real life was unavoidable. With a hug and a handshake, you both part ways. As you reach for your phone, you see another piece of paper in your hand. "Heh, typical of him to do that again.", you remark. As you look closely at the paper, it's yet another puzzle. This one doesn't seem as hard as the ones you're used to, there's no overarching meta puzzle here. You begin to read "At some place in a Pokemon game, I was able to eat pizza, ramen, and even a dish featuring a berry that I'd never obtained before. Funnily enough, I'd be rewarded the more I ate without being charged anything extra. What are all the items I could receive as a reward in this way?" (alpha) [bigmushroom honey hpup maxrevive]
4) Thought we were done yet? Nope! You sense that this is too easy, too quick to be the finale. Well you're right. You flip the paper over and there's a second puzzle to attempt, a far more sinister one. This one reads, "You know, after a heavy meal like that, I feel really bloated. But sometimes it feels the best to have a casual run to help me feel more at ease, especially with a few other runners. I particularly like doing this in a circular or oval track, usually within a contained area indoors, but there are occasional obstacles to make sure we don't fall into a predictable rhythm. Sometimes I could swear that one of the obstacles was shaped like a Pokemon. Anyway, these races are always when we aren't at our best, so it helps prep us for unexpected situations. I like to keep tabs on my stats, like how many races I've won compared to the other runners. It's fun to have a race to see how much I can walk or run on a full stomach. Similarly, I also like having my Pokemon do the same in-game, and I can keep track of their stats in the same way. Now, my dear scavenger. Let's bring this dream buffet to a close with the final question till we meet again. What item must I have in my possession to check my Pokemon's stats with regard to this?" [data card 06 / end the wikirace at: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Data_Card]

Last edited:
On the twelfth day of Scavmas, the scav hunt gave to me: Weird fishes swimming

Hi, a Point Rally made by aQrator with me contributing very little as well at 7 PM EST / 12 AM GMT

QCs were performed by Tapler and turtalkatthing

Overall standings were
RankNamePoints
1Cryonic✠Squire302
2Devoxys269
3Menace02262
4bubidajeffery259
5Bert122172
6Sabby60>>>☆157
7Sieckmeyer15
7penguind15

Each hunt went a little something like this

1st place: Cryonic✠Squire [03:42].
2nd place: bubidajeffery [08:01].
3rd place: Menace02 [08:07].
Consolation Prize: Devoxys [09:29], Sabby60>>>☆ [12:35]

Solution:

1) This series of hunts spans the cooking of various games, both in real life and in game. Given are the game and the ingredients, give the name of the recipe that requires said ingredients. The wikirace will be held from the answer to this question to the answer of the final question of this hunt. Do not use lists or categories for this wikirace. Scavenge /scavenge Ganbulanyi to start. [Ganbulanyi]
2) [Tears of the Kingdom]: Electric Darner, Monster Parts, Thunderwing Butterfly [Electro Elixir]
3) [The Sims 4]: Egg, Mighty Plant Milk, Sugar [Lactose Free SimCity Cheesecake]
4) [Minecraft]: Brown Mushroom, Poppy, Red Mushroom [Suspicious Stew]
5) [Halo]: Butter, Cardamom, Eggs, Espresso Powder, Flour, Milk, Peanut Oil, Salt, Sugar [Churros]
1st place: bubidajeffery [02:18].
2nd place: Devoxys [02:34].
3rd place: Cryonic✠Squire [02:36].
Consolation Prize: Menace02 [03:10], Bert122 [03:44], Sabby60>>>☆ [08:58]

Solution:

1) This series of hunts spans the cooking of various games, both in real life and in game. Given are the game and the ingredients, give the name of the recipe that requires said ingredients. The wikirace will be held from the answer to this question to the answer of the final question of this hunt. Do not use lists or categories for this wikirace. Scavenge /scavenge Giro d'Italia to start. [Giro d'Italia]
2) [Assassin's Creed]: Bay Leaf, Bell Pepper, Cayenne Pepper, Celery, Chicken Breast, Chicken Stock, Chorizo, Garlic, Olive Oil, Onion, Paprika, Parsley, Pepper, Rice, Salt, Shrimp, Thyme, Tomato [The Brotherhood's Jambalaya]
3) [Genshin Impact]: Bird Egg, Bulle Fruit, Jam, Marcotte [Fruity Trio]
4) [Fantasy Life]: Extra Creamy Milk, Gigaga Water, Rainbow Apple [Rainbow gelato]
5) [Spiritfarer]: Honey [Lollipop]
1st place: Devoxys [03:01].
2nd place: Bert122 [04:04].
3rd place: bubidajeffery [04:35].
Consolation Prize: Cryonic✠Squire [04:43], Menace02 [06:37], Sieckmeyer [07:22]

Solution:

1) This series of hunts spans the cooking of various games, both in real life and in game. Given are the game and the ingredients, give the name of the recipe that requires said ingredients. The wikirace will be held from the answer to this question to the answer of the final question of this hunt. Do not use lists or categories for this wikirace. Scavenge /scavenge Ian McKellen to start. [Ian McKellen]
2) [Skyrim]: Lavender, Moon Sugar, Sack Of Flour, Snowberries [Lavender Dumpling]
3) [World of Warcraft]: Spare Parts [Mecha Bytes]
4) [Terraria]: Buggy, Grubby, Sluggy [Grub Soup]
5) [Tomb Raider]: Bacon, Baking Powder, Cabbage, Dashi Stock, Dried Bonito Flakes, Dried Seaweed, Egg, Flour, Green Onions, Ketchup, Mayonnaise, Oyster Sauce, Red Ginger, Salt, Soy Sauce, Sugar, Vegetable Oil, Worcestershire Sauce [Okonomiyaki]
1st place: Menace02 [02:13].
2nd place: Cryonic✠Squire [02:14].
3rd place: bubidajeffery [02:19].
Consolation Prize: Devoxys [03:10], Bert122 [03:54], Sabby60>>>☆ [04:06]

Solution:

1) This series of hunts spans the cooking of various games, both in real life and in game. Given are the game and the ingredients, give the name of the recipe that requires said ingredients. The wikirace will be held from the answer to this question to the answer of the final question of this hunt. Do not use lists or categories for this wikirace. Scavenge /scavenge Tomb Raider to start. [Tomb Raider]
2) [Starbound]: Alien Fruit, Toxictop Jam, Wheat [Toxic Tart]
3) [Final Fantasy XV]: Birdbeast Egg, Chickatrice Leg, Saxham Rice [Mother & Child Rice Bowl / Mother and Child Rice Bowl]
4) [Breath of the Wild]: Goat Butter, Hylian Rice, Ironshroom, Rock Salt [Mushroom Risotto]
5) [PlateUp!]: Coffee, Vanilla Ice Cream [Affogato]
1st place: Sabby60>>>☆ [01:13].
2nd place: Menace02 [01:24].
3rd place: Devoxys [01:28].
Consolation Prize: Cryonic✠Squire [01:30], bubidajeffery [02:35], Bert122 [03:23]

Solution:

1) This series of hunts spans the cooking of various games, both in real life and in game. Given are the game and the ingredients, give the name of the recipe that requires said ingredients. The wikirace will be held from the answer to this question to the answer of the final question of this hunt. Do not use lists or categories for this wikirace. Scavenge /scavenge Calathea to start. [Calathea]
2) [Divinity: Original Sin II]: Earth Essence, Raw Mutton, Source Orb [Source-Infused Meat]
3) [The Wild at Heart]: Fever Shard, Oople, Poop Fruit [Kickin' Meal]
4) [Sea of Stars]: Peach, Grains, Egg, Dairy [Peach Strudel]
5) [Fallout 4]: Brahmin Meat [Ribeye steak]
1st place: Cryonic✠Squire [01:25].
2nd place: Devoxys [01:35].
3rd place: Sabby60>>>☆ [02:09].
Consolation Prize: Bert122 [05:15], Menace02 [06:49], bubidajeffery [07:10]

Solution:

1) This series of hunts spans the cooking of various games, both in real life and in game. Given are the game and the ingredients, give the name of the recipe that requires said ingredients. The wikirace will be held from the answer to this question to the answer of the final question of this hunt. Do not use lists or categories for this wikirace. Scavenge /scavenge Asus to start. [Asus]
2) [Sonic the Hedgehog]: Apple Cider Vinegar, Apple, Arugula, Goat Cheese, Honey, Lemon Juice, Mustard, Olive Oil, Pecan Nuts, Poppy Seeds, Shallot, Spinach [Soleanna Princess Special]
3) [Albion Online]: Blackbog Clam, Cabbage, Dragon Teasel, Raw Goose, Special Fish Sauce [Blackbog Clam Soup]
4) [Stardew Valley]: Avocado, Chives, Cilantro, Cucumber, Garlic, Jalapeno, Lettuce, Lime Juice, Olive Oil, Red Onion, Salt, Shrimp, Sugar, Tomato, Tortilla, Water [Lucky Lunch]
5) [Overcooked 2]: Banana, Pineapple, Strawberry, Watermelon [Smoothie]
1st place: bubidajeffery [02:36].
2nd place: Cryonic✠Squire [03:30].
3rd place: Devoxys [05:20].
Consolation Prize: Menace02 [05:35], Bert122 [06:33], penguind [07:46], Sabby60>>>☆ [09:06]

Solution:

1) This series of hunts spans the cooking of various games, both in real life and in game. Given are the game and the ingredients, give the name of the recipe that requires said ingredients. The wikirace will be held from the answer to this question to the answer of the final question of this hunt. Do not use lists or categories for this wikirace. Scavenge /scavenge Eye Liner to start. [Eye Liner]
2) [Hearthstone]: Asparagus, Black Pepper, Butter, Fingerling Potatoes, Garlic, Lemon Juice, Olive Oil, Parsley, Salmon, Salt [Garlic Butter Baked Salmon]
3) [Cooking Mama]: Cake Flour, Oyster Sauce, Pepper, Pork, Sake, Salt, Soy Sauce, Sugar, Vegetable Oil, Yeast [Steamed Pork Buns]
4) [Animal Crossing: New Horizons]: Flat Mushroom, Rare Mushroom, Round Mushroom, Skinny Mushroom [Champinones Al Ajillo / Champiñones Al Ajillo]
5) [Runescape]: Bowl Of Water, Cooked Meat, Curry Leaves, Potato [Curry]
1st place: Menace02 [01:44].
2nd place: Cryonic✠Squire [02:08].
3rd place: Bert122 [02:15].
Consolation Prize: Devoxys [02:27], bubidajeffery [02:52], Sabby60>>>☆ [05:21]

Solution:

1) This series of hunts spans the cooking of various games, both in real life and in game. Given are the game and the ingredients, give the name of the recipe that requires said ingredients. The wikirace will be held from the answer to this question to the answer of the final question of this hunt. Do not use lists or categories for this wikirace. Scavenge /scavenge House (TV series) to start. [House (TV series)]
2) [Street Fighter]: Plantains, Salt, Vegetable Oil [Platanos Maduros]
3) [Ark Survival Evolved]: Leech Blood, Rare Flowers, Rare Mushroom, Narcotics [Lesser Antidote]
4) [Tales of Berseria]: Mystery Meat, Bread Crumbs [Dwarven Salisbury Surprise]
5) [Super Paper Mario]: Shroom Shake, Fire Burst [Emergency Ration]

Last edited:
Happy New Years, December is over and in 1st place is Bert122 with 444 points, second is bubidajeffery with 297 points and Cryonic✠Squire is third with 276 points.
RankNamePoints
1Bert122444
2bubidajeffery297
3Cryonic✠Squire276
4Menace02253
5Sabby60>>>☆235
6Devoxys212
7sleet dab xd203
8WarriorGallade127
9tommy ege126
10Snow Forme Shaymin113
11solar blade106
12theaura98
13siang97
13NewsDan97
15Rory Mercury95
16TeutonicSquire93
16Computerblizzard93
18PSOE=MAFIA83
19S(neck)o82
20pokemonvortex78
21111ace11175
22pyorololi69
22penguind69
24yeet dab xd68
24TurtalKatThing68
26powergo54
27toxic boosted53
28aQrator46
29Rostorm-frost43
30NewsDan-ta Claus38
31deftinwolf33
32Sieckmeyer30
33Krampler ❀29
34The Benz Mafia26
35Dratios18
36Soft Flex14
36jojja14
38AndrewThePenguin13
38fake apple13
38Two Of Roses13
41articoo12
41Merlee12
43snow._.torterra11
43boredgort11
43Sir Tetris11
43Santa >_> Dy11
47ohkoff10
48sananaskanana9
48Merry ☭ Communist9
48Pants9
51scavengers8
51Shuckle018
53Illusio7
53SergioRules7
53that sleepy dreepy7
53holiday alt7
57Acura RL6
57SirSalad 91326
59CaoJie5
59CreativelyRenamed5
59YetAnotherDodo5
59Enron Swanson5
63ae giift4
63MagnifcentDelibird4
63Xatu Gaming4
63GrassyStorm4
63tobey624
63Yoshman84
63ProfSapling4
63lalajsh34
63Gallant Spear ✘4
63Tapler ❀4
63Lady Monita ❆4
74Yua9993
74santanaskanana3
74lalajsh53
74nitrodog963
74Discordual3
74fuzzyfoam3
741hfkqhwhrelk%◕‿‿◕%3
74leaf smoker3
74penguin63
74bert1123
74mence023
85Cold Staurage2
85bro._.torterra2
85tl the legend2
85GeniusMike2
85notbuddha2
85quack the sire2
85Winky Wonderland2
85Mike the Entei2
85zacjl2
85omeggnogxl2
85wiiiu2
85Lazurite Monique2
85Martin Freeman2
85Juan13pro2
85Draziel Euphore2
85fearfrost222
101terminalskillissue1
101plasmasoldier20161
101Buff Cramorant1
101eggneg ∁旦1
101Chris ☭ tmas??1
101oue98fwue981
101deft on ice1
101DiamondIyes1
101Unchained Specter1
101bobabuddi1
101CircuitBreakerZ1
101Tis i me1
101I❤PocketMonsters1
101Ol'Saint Gwyntolas1
101Flex Navidad1
101ScorrchingTheaph1
101oh kek1
101smii1
101Snow Warneg1
101mikemanwba1
101gregoris41
101Winterphox1
101one for my baby1
101Migo_Aipom1
101lilac flower1
101Platanomajoncho1
101blissfultundra1
101negsan1
101bro._.torterra1
101MagnificentGengar 1

Twist for January is Time is Money: Players receive 2 bonus points for each minute that they finish ahead of the next placer. (only applies to 1st-4th place and caps at 5 points)

Last edited:

TeutonicSquire

Squiring up
HOTSED A VERY ANGERY (:puff::changry::psyangry::blobtriumph:) ODYSSEY WRITTEN BY ME! AND YDX!! ON 26TH JANNARY AT 10PM EST (27th Jan 3am UTC)!!1!1!
FURIOSLY QCED BY STAPLER! AND WARIOGALLADE!!!!!!!! (ALSO THANKS TO LUCARIO1582 FOR HELPING TEST ONE OF THE QUESTIONS)

1st place: TurtalKatThing [03:38:48].
2nd place: Bert122 [07:00:17].
3rd place: aegii [09:21:29].
4th place: bubidajeffery [18:26:19].

Shoutouts to Merlee for reaching the last question!

(The hunt was moved to Treasure Town at the 2 hour mark, so add 2 hours to the final finish times to get the actual finish times.)
1) While playing a game you stumble upon a strange cave you've never heard of before. As soon as you enter it you are assaulted by a crowd of annoying angry voices that keep asking you questions and won't let you leave. One of the voices says, "IF YOU WANT TO LEAVE YOU WILL NEED TO QUELL OUR ANGER BY ANSERING OUR QUESTIONS!" Seeing no other choice you decide to type /scavenge welp to continue.(If you see something strange in the hunt, Keep It To Yourself! (or pm the huntmaker)) [welp / no / OWO WHAT'S THIS]
2) ALL POSIBLE ANSWERS OF A SPECIFIC POKE PROBLEM SEGEMENT WERE ONE OF THIS POKEMON OF THE SAEM SPEICES. [oricorio]
3) THIS NICKNAME OF A POKEMON OWNED BY A MAIN SERIES CHARACTER WAS ONLY MENTIONED IN THE JAPANESE DEMO OF A BOWSER GAME THAT IS NO LOGER FUNCTIONAL. [dream]
4) OBTAINNING THIS ITEM IN SOULSLIVER WILL CAUSE A LOCATION TO CHANGE APPEARANCE, WITH NO OTTER EFFECTS. [blueorb]
5) THIS WAS THE FRIST POKEMON TO BE DESIGNGATED #000 ON AN OFFICAL NINETENDO WEEBSITE. [missingno]
6) THIS TRAINER CLASS HAS BEEN UNIQUE TO TREE DIFFERENT CHARACTERS ACROSSS MULTUPLE GAMES. [mysteryman]
7) A POKEMON FORM'S DESIGN WAS OFFICIALLY REVELED WHEN THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE FOR THIS EVENT ACCIDENTALLY POSTED AN IMAGE OF A PLASTICK CUP WITH ARTWORK OF THE POKEMON FORM. (EXCLUDE THE WORD POKEMON, INCLUDE THE YEAR) [Festa 2008]
8) THIS NON-MITHICAL POKERMON THAT IS NOT IN THE SINOH POKEDEX, HAS DIFFFERENT POKEDEX ENTRYIES IN DIAMOND ND PERL. [parasect]
9) THIS POKEMON THT HAS NEVER BEAN A STARTER IN A MAIN SERIES GAME, HAS A FORM IN THE MAIN SERIES GAMES VOICED BY ITS ANIMAE VOICE ACTOR. [meowth]
10) lF A BAD EGG IN POKEMON BLACK 2 AND WHITE 2 USED THE DATA THAT CORREPONDS TO HE DATA STORED IN ITS INDEX NOMBER, IT WOULD HAVE THIS TPYING. (LIST ALPHABETICALLY IF MULTIPLE TYPES) [flying, steel]
11) IN POKEMON GOLD AND SILVER, FI THE PLAYER IS IN POSSSESSION OF THIS ITEM AND BLACKS OUT THEY WILL BE DIRECTED TO A SPECIFIC PKOEMON CENTER EVEN IF THEY HAVE NEVER VISTED IT. [mysteryegg]
12) IN A MAIN SERIES GAME, THE PLAYER CAN THROH AN ITEM INTO A WELL THAT SUMMONS AN NPC WHO CAN RETRUN THAT ITEM BACK WITH THIS OTHER ITEM. [iron]
13) ACCORRDING TO THE ANIME THIS POKEMON FORM HAS A DIFFERENT TYPING THAN ITS BASS FROM BUT THE TYPNIG HAS NOT BEEN SEEN IN THE GAMES. [rotom pokedex]
14) IN THE FIRST KNOWN BUILD OF POKEMON GOULD AND SILVER, METRONOME COLD CALL A CERTAIN MOVE THAT IT COULD NOT CALL IN THE FINAL GAME. NAME THE FIRST CHARACTER HOSE POKEMON USED SAID MOVE IN POKEMON ADVENTURES. [silver]
15) CURTAIN PUKEMON WERE FIRST ABEL TO BEE ENCOUNTERED ON A SPECIFIC DAY OF THE WEEK. THIS IS THE FIRST LOCATION WHERE ONE COULD BE ENCOUNTERED IN THE WILD ON ANY DAY. [icefallcave]
16) DESPITE THE APPALS ROUND OF A POKEMON CONTEST IN THE ANIME HAVING A ONE POKEMON RESTRUCTION, THIS MONOTYPE POKEMON PARTICPIATED WITH ANOTHER POKEMON BUT DID NOT CONTRIBUTE TO THE PERFOAMANCE. [remoraid]
17) IN POKEYMON RANGER: GARDIAN SINS, IF THIS POKEMAN WAS ABLE TO CHANGE FORM LIKE IT CAN IN THE MAIN SERIES, IT WOULD APPEAR AS A PIKACHU. [cherrim]
18) THIS FULLY EVOVLED POKEMON'S DESCRIPTION PAIGE CAN STATE THAT IT WAS GIVEN TO THE PLAYER BY JACQ, DESPITE HIM NOT GIVING OR TRADING ANY POKEMON FROM ITS EVOLTIONARY LINE TO THE PLAYER. [lucario]
19) IN POKEMON MASTERS EX, THIS POEMON FORMS A SYNC PAIR WITH A CHARACTER WHO IS ONLY PLAYBABLE IN AN EVENT BATTLE AND CARNOT BE USED OR OBSTAINED ASIDE FROM SEID INSTANCE. [cottonee]
20) THE FIRST COROCORO ARTICULE TO REVEAL THE NAME OF A GEN 6 GYM LEADER ASLO REVEALED THE NAME OF THIS MOVE. [nobleroar]
21) ACCORDING TO IN-GAME TXT, THIS POKEMON CAN BE SEEEN DANCING BETTER THAN THE KIMOOO GRILS. [bellossom]
22) The voices then speak in unison, saying, "TO FIND THE KEY TO QUELL OUR ANGER, SEARCH AND COUNT OUR ERRORS. THEY WILL MARK THE RUNES OF SOLUTION THAT WILL LEAD YOU TO THE KEY" What is the key to make the voices shut up? (Ignore q1 for the meta) [caps lock]
Q3 refers to Pokemon Dream World. In the demo version of the game, the player could use Fennel's Munna to enter the Dream World. The Munna was nicknamed Dream but only in the Japanese versions.

Q4 is about the Embedded Tower from Pokemon HGSS. In SoulSilver, the player can obtain a Red Orb in-game that spawns Groudon at the tower. According to Bulbapedia, "If the Blue Orb (SS) or the Red Orb (HG) is obtained with an external device and brought to the tower, the appropriate etchings will appear on the floor. The Pokémon itself will not appear, however." Jade Orb is excluded since it spawn Rayquaza which falls under "other effects".

Q7 - A PokeBeach article mentioning the leak https://www.pokebeach.com/2008/06/shaymins-sky-forme-accidentally-revealed and something funny Tapler found while qcing this https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/946308-pokemon-platinum-version/43557245?page=1

Q8 is from this page.

Q12 is from a strange(?) event in USUM at Royal Avenue. Can be found being mentioned here or you could look for videos like this one

Q13 can be found here or here or here. Maybe one of the harder questions to hint (but everyone on this q solved it yay!)
Q18 was tested by Luc on cart since Bulbapedia is a known liar :blobtriumph:

Meta Most people realized that the spelling errors throughout the hunt had something to do with the meta, and they were correct. Everything in caps in the last hint indicates how to go about solving the meta. SEARCH AND COUNT OUR ERRORS tells you to count the incorrect spellings (per q, which I suppose wasn't hinted too well since someone tried to do things with the total count) followed by THEY WILL MARK THE RUNES OF SOLUTION which was a very cringe like the entire hunt way to tell the solver to index the numbers they got from counting the mistakes in the q into the corresponding answers. Finally, THAT WILL LEAD YOU TO THE KEY quite literally suggests that it will lead the player to a KEY. The indexed letters from the answers form the phrase CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL which, as a simple google search tells us, refers to the keyboard KEYCaps Lock which is the answer.
Thanks to everyone who tried the hunt. We had a lot of fun writing the meta, hope you had fun solving it as well! :psyglad:

Last edited:
2024 is 1/12 done with this cycle now concluded. In first is Bert122 with 198 points, Teutonic✠Squire with 103 and in third is bubidajeffery with 79 points. The rest of the ladder is here now.
RankNamePoints
1Bert122198
2Teutonic✠Squire103
3bubidajeffery79
4Computerwizard880074
5TurtalKatThing69
6yeet dab xd65
7aegii64
8siang51
9NewsDan ^-^41
10notbuddha27
10Two of Roses27
12Soft Flex23
13The Benz Mafia22
14boredgort19
14Zpengwin19
16Sabby60>!!>18
17jojja17
18Devoxys16
18p^_^okemonvortex.16
20Pants14
20legendarymouse14
20c marsh b lillee14
23TheAura13
23aQrator13
25Menace0212
25WarriorGallade12
25sananaskanana12
28penguind11
29Dark Koopatrol10
30Snecko9
30SergioRules9
30fake apple9
33ip048
33ScorrchingTheaph8
33LJB148
33bro._.torterra8
33dcmldcml8
38deftinwolf7
38AndrewThePenguin7
38Tapler ❀7
38GrassyStorm7
38GeniusMike7
43ProfSapling6
43that sleepy dreepy6
43DrThop6
46YetAnotherDodo5
46Rinoko075
48fuzzyfoam4
48lalajsh34
48powergo4
48Damnright4
48Dratios4
48Annaoceancat4
48shayy min skyy4
48MagnificentGengar4
48one for my baby4
48gallant's pear4
58ksch3
58MagikLimbo3
58Migo_Aipom3
58blissfultundra3
58Discordual3
58Midnightsecrets3
58lilac flower3
65arch of life2
65Namranan2
65creativelyrenamed2
65floooood2
65gregoris42
65merlee2
65termofservice2
65Zipzapadam2
65Gwynt ^-^2
74Qui-Gon the Flygon1
74scoobydoobydrew1
74Victini Wembanyama1
74Notater5171
74I❤PocketMonsters1
74MukUsedDrillPeck1
74woe unto you1
74SoYouLikeMud?Kip!1
74tigromata1
74k'varn the mad1
74Selene Amaris1
74mightier ✘ cannon1
74Cyllage1
74Santa Koopa1
74Light Koopatrol1
74skibidi rizz xd1
74leaf smoker1
74CinderClod1
74Sir Tetris1
74Jasuanti1
74Embar1
74KawaiiiiPotato✿1
74Magic ☭ Communist1
74Elgino ♫1
74EonDuoLatias1
74Nyaw meow 7 times1
74Zerolyst1
74bean blast1
74Jorganzola1
74A Welcome Guest1
74Yoshman81
74An >_> Dy1
74Akshay1011
74NintendoOverlord1
74ptelzcra1
74LolLemonz1
74venting impostor1
74Ir._.ly1
74TheStarmanLord1
74MaypleTreeway1
74Buff Cramorant1
74chickennudlesoup1
74somesummersummoner1
74dot Comfey1
74Shuckle011
74oreoman1299341
74Istil1
74Tacocato91
This month we say congrats to Bert122 for being the newest voice and congrats to aegii for being promoted to global driver.

This month's twist is The I in Team: All officials this month will be team of 2 using Team Scavs. Before the draft phase, players can opt out to receive 5 more points.

mini roundup

QC: TurtalKatThing
1st place: Bert122 [06:50].
2nd place: Devoxys [11:32].
3rd place: Two Of Roses [13:21].
Consolation Prize: notbuddha [35:38], NewsDan ⌐◼_◼ [01:10:28], yeet dab xd [01:26:57], ScorrchingTheaph [01:46:07], Jasuanti [02:27:43], powergo [03:10:01], Computerwizard8800 [05:21:52], boredgort [08:31:29], penguind [11:06:33], AndrewThePenguin [11:29:28]
You can find the previous mini roundup here

Hosted a Lunar New Year Point Rally on February 2nd, 6:00 P.M. EST (11:00 P.M. GMT).

Thanks to Tapler and TeutonicSquire for helping with this.

1st place: xerneasnl (trade + YveltalNL) - 410
2nd place: Bert122 - 237
3rd place: Computerwizard8800 - 166
4th place: DrThop - 137
5th place: MaypleTreeway - 100
Consolation prize: bro._.torterra - 50, sasha thumper - 42, Flinchaxisgreat - 32

Pokémon caught in this location may appear to have been caught at the Pokémon World Tournament.|Cold Storage
This character is the only one among their brothers and sisters whose name doesn't match the same pattern as the others in English|Arthur
This character was a former wrestler.|Arley;Arley the Destroyer
Who's that Pokémon?|Baxcalibur

A certain location based on this (real-world) mythological location contains nothing but a lone TM.|Ama-no-Iwato
This character founded the location where Porygon was created.|Mr. Fuji; Dr. Fuji
In the anime, one of Team Rocket's plots involves opening an unconventional IHOP, including using this as a condiment.|Tree sap
Who's that Pokémon?|Hydrapple

The final design of a certain Pokémon was finalized by this person based on sketches by Hiromoto SIN-Ichi. (Format: [First][Last])|James Turner
Finishing a meal at this restaurant rewards the player with a lot of a certain valuable item; however, the cost of entry is double the total sell price of the reward.|Sushi High Roller
A girl at this location tasks you with catching four Pokémon that ate her bread.|Curl Bay
Who's that Pokémon?|Tatsugiri; Tatsugiri-Curly

This was the name officially given to the deck used by the 2011 TCG World Championships Masters Division runner-up.|The Truth
Three Smeargles with differently-coloured tails are encountered in this anime-exclusive location.|Whitestone
Unlocking a certain emote in Scarlet/Violet also involves the player being given 100 of this item.|Pretty Feather
Who's that Pokémon?|Reshiram

This bridge disappears after leaving a Berry at a tree.|Dream Bridge; Dream
Walking 200 steps without a Pokémon enables the use of this feature... or it would, but you don't have a Pokémon.|Poké Radar; Poke Radar
Puffy AmiYumi's song "Beginnings" also goes by this other English name.|Song of Origin
Who's that Pokémon?|Giratina-Origin

In Pokemon Adventures, Maxie becomes possessed after prolonged exposure to this object.|Red Orb
In a gym battle to obtain this badge, the leader uses a Pokemon with Baton Pass alongside two single-stat-boosting moves.|Beacon; Beacon Badge
This is the oldest ability that has been given to exactly one new line of Pokemon in each generation since (and including) its debut.|Fluffy
Who's that Pokémon?|Ampharos-Mega

Silph Co. is mentioned to have a branch in a real life location in Japanese Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee. This real life natural explosion took place near said location in the 20th century.|Tunguska event; Tunguska incident
In Mega Man X8, this weapon can reroute Gigabolt Man-O-War's Overdrive attack.|Crystal Wall
In Dragon Ball Super: Masters, a skill with this keyword, on a card featuring General Rilldo, allows the player to place 4 specific cards under said card. |Union absorb
Who's that Pokemon?|Kyurem Black; Black Kyurem

TeutonicSquire

Squiring up
Hosted an official on Wednesday, 28th February at 7 PM EST (12 am UTC).

Thanks to Deftinwolf and Turtalkatthing for QCing the hunt!

1st place: Bert122 [25:55].
2nd place: Computerwizard8800 + ProfSapling [28:17].
3rd place: DrThop [01:00:29].
4th place: Menace02 [01:52:49]

1) In the Pokemon anime, Ash and Goh command a Pokemon to use this move to suppress an ability. Answer with the mispronounced name they use in the anime. [Astro Glasses]
2) A certain ability is the most abundant ability that has never been shown in the Pokemon anime. Alphabetically list all characters that are known to own a Pokemon with said ability in Pokemon Adventures. [Black, Drayden, N / Black, Drayden, Natural Harmonia Gropius / Black, Drayden, Maxie, N / Black, Drayden, Maxie, Natural Harmonia Gropius]
3) The only time this non-signature ability activates in the anime, it activates its effect on Ash. Name the ability, followed by the Pokemon who that ability belonged to in the anime. [Poison Point Venipede]

Fun fact 2100 will not be a leap year. Anyways cycle is over top 3 are Bert122 with 178 points, DrThop with 122 points and Computerwizard8800 with 114 points. The rest of the ladder is below.
1Bert122178
2DrThop122
3Computerwizard8800114
4Teutonic✠Squire96
5yeet dab xd58
6Trade57
7bubidajeffery48
8yveltalnl45
9The Benz Mafia41
10MaypleTreeway40
11bro._.torterra37
12Menace0234
13ProfSapling31
14aQrator28
15Sabby60>!!>26
16Soft Flex24
17aegii22
18Zpengwin21
19TheAura20
19Fleravium20
21dcmldcml18
22Two Of Roses16
23notbuddha15
23Migo_Aipom15
25Pants14
26p^_^okemonvortex.13
27NewsDan ^-^12
27YetAnotherDodo12
29boredgort11
29kubectl11
31siang10
31AndrewThePenguin10
31arch of life10
34LJB148
34MagnificentGengar8
34CreativelyRenamed8
37jojja7
37oovoov7
37fake apple7
37ip047
37Namranan7
37sashathumper7
37flinchhaxisgreat7
44shayy min skyy6
44SergioRules6
44Dratios6
441hfkqhwhrelk%◕‿‿◕%6
48Snecko5
49vaderaven4
49pyorololi4
49scavengers4
49gulf rind4
53TurtalKatThing3
53GeniusMike3
53WarriorGallade3
53ohxthespark3
53Sir Tetris3
53the patat3
53asianzoro3
53SnowGui3
53Mystiphox3
53Midnightsecrets3
53tl the legend3
64penguind2
64Buff Cramorant2
64peetles2
64GrassyStorm2
64blackburn0092
64Flying Pichu~!2
64oukuvade2
64marillvibes ♫2
64MurakumoNagi2
64Luminous Spring2
64Gardevoir&Gallade2
64Tacocato92
64Discordual2
64Lambdaryllis2
64quack the sire2
64lilac flower2
64Rayan2
81derpeddeath1
81togatics1
81negenerator1
81tanpat1
81shoebat1
81lalajsh31
81Alyvia1
81A Welcome Guest1
81EoinFleming1
81Mafia Gooner1
81ksch1
81Vertigo1
81HarryThe1stJester1
81Dark Koopatrol1
81wo aipom1
81someoneinexistence1
81Arcaderion1
81Youngster Not Josh1
81Lucy the Valiant1
81RugBug1011
81Koilie1
81Meteor Beam1
81pichu perfect!1
81venting impostor1
81Shuckle011
81SilverKnight341
81sananaskanana1
81Yoshman81
81Crypto Luigi1
81Meisnooblol1
81HydratedMite1
81VeryLegalTeam1
81ptelzcra1
81swillytwilly1
81Turtwigswiththrohs1
81RedKnight7571
81TJosher1
81chaitu1
81Zipzapadam1
81AudiFamamIllius1
81TheStarmanLord1
81fearfire221
81a staff1
81remotelamp1
81Z-A's Floette1
81Acura RL1
81Qui-Gon the Flygon1
81iWreakHavoc1
This month's twist is Battle Bingo: Every week a Bingo Card with different objectives will be put up for a week. Getting a Bingo will give you 10 extra points.

mini roundup
QC:aegii
1st place: bubidajeffery [07:57].
2nd place: Teutonic✠Squire [09:18].
3rd place: yeet dab xd [10:35].
Consolation Prize: kubectl [13:50], Sabby60>!!> [14:48], Bert122 [16:41], DrThop [41:50], Computerwizard8800 [06:45:19], Two Of Roses [21:55:37], Migo_Aipom [01:02:13:08]
QC:aQrator
1st place: DrThop [01:15:11].
2nd place: The Benz Mafia [01:21:35].
3rd place: Bert122 [01:53:37].
Consolation Prize: Teutonic✠Squire [03:06:01], Fleravium [05:29:50], trade [05:54:04], NewsDan [06:03:17], yeet dab xd [09:44:41], arch of life [17:47:13], Namranan [18:13:34]

You can find the previous mini roundup here

Unlike last time I posted, we actually just have no officials in between posts! Fun.
Congrats to Bert122 for first with 211 points, Snecko for second with 173 points, and DrThop for third with 172 points.
RankNamePoints
1Bert122211
2SN_ecko173
3DrThop172
4Teutonic✠Squire121
5Computerwizard880097
6TurtalKatThing90
7yeet dab xd82
7The Benz Mafia82
9aQrator55
10dcmldcml54
11TheAura51
12Two Of Roses49
13BubidaJeffery!47
13mayple treeway47
13aegii47
16oovoov40
17fake apple34
18Sabby60>!!>33
19Snow Forme Shaymin31
20Menace0229
21Soft Flex26
22p^_^okemonvortex.24
22LJB1424
22NewsDan24
25notbuddha23
26boredgort20
26jojja20
28pants18
28YetAnotherDodo18
30burpsicles17
31asianzoro16
32Yoshman815
32Expandemonium15
34bro._.torterra14
35Illusio12
36AndrewThePenguin11
37SergioRules10
38aerial gundam9
39WarriorGallade8
39SnoozeCruisin8
41celesteeal7
41Sugar7007
41penguind7
44siang6
44Zpengwin6
44Zipzapadam6
44Namranan6
44PartMan6
44luminous spring6
50MagnificentGengar5
501hfkqhwhrelk%◕‿‿◕%5
50woe unto you5
50wallape5
54sananaskanana4
54arch of life4
56nitrodog963
56Discordual3
56Merlee3
56HaKoniwalily3
56lilac flower3
56GrassyStorm3
56tl the legend3
56LimeJellyBeans143
64lalajsh32
64Steve4566642
64TheStarmanLord2
64chaitu2
64SilverKnight342
64a staff2
64saltvik2
64ProfSapling2
64Methridium2
64111ace1112
64GeniusMike2
64Salmonella44232
64xhiglocke2
64Monoples2
64shayy min skyy2
79mauby1
79iWreakHavoc1
79Deep x Dope1
79gregoris41
79Hadu☆dee1
79Turtwigswiththrohs1
79Yakkosalabama1
792guhde4u1
79Lance01
79beautifications1
79lukethedumbass1
79TheAmazingDigitalC1
79the je1
79Dratios1
79Queen of Narnia1
79iDybala Jr!(◕‿◕)1
79CreativelyRenamed1
79Geene1
79Unfunny Sweep1
79i crush bugs 4 fun1
79shoebat1
79An >_> Dy1
79Pooof!1
79Snaquaza ◢ ◤1
79RsBro10011
79whah1
79ScorrchingTheaph1
79scoobydoobydrew1
79BeastBoy19711
79hades… & child?1
79Privacy Policy1
79Krossfade1
79Scarlet Clarey1
79TpOi20061
79fearfire221
79A Welcome Guest1
79ihavebestsandteam1
79Schiavetto ♫♪♫♪1
79joewhisterhimer1
79slatevik1
79Too Spoopy1
79vaderaven1
In lieu of daylight savings, this month's twist is Time Trial! Time starts when the player starts the hunt.

Mini roundup:

1st place: yeet dab xd [13:01].
2nd place: dcmldcml [01:04:06].
3rd place: Menace02 [01:17:26].
Consolation Prize: aerial gundam [01:20:19], aQrator [05:08:55], TheAura [05:24:54]

1st place: TurtalKatThing [03:47].
2nd place: DrThop [05:03].
3rd place: Bert122 [06:05].
Consolation Prize: Expandemonium [08:21], Snecko [23:28], MaypleTreeway [30:46], YetAnotherDodo [31:39], Teutonic✠Squire [44:22], The Benz Mafia [59:46], TheAura [01:01:52], dcmldcml [02:15:39], boredgort [04:05:43]

1st place: Snow Forme Shaymin [00:35].
2nd place: TurtalKatThing [02:01].
3rd place: DrThop [03:06].
Consolation Prize: TheAura [07:49], SN_ecko [13:57], Bert122 [16:44], Expandemonium [19:21], Teutonic✠Squire [25:13], NewsDan [04:00:13], Discordual [04:10:55], vaderaven [04:41:03], yeet dab xd [05:01:16], dcmldcml [05:30:30]

You can once again just scroll up or find the previous mini round up here.

Hosted a love-ly fish on Friday, April 2nd, 13:00 GMT. Thanks to TeutonicSquire and TurtalKatThing for the QCs!

Hunt:
1) This hunt follows the Time Trial Twist. Type /scavenge start to begin and start your timer. [start / no]
2) Love is in the air fish! Or not, who knows? In Unova, if you play as a girl, one character seen on TV cannot be interacted with in-game. However, if you play as a boy, you can interact with them in-game. Who is this? [yancy / nancy]
3) Also in Unova, this character acts as the player's girlfriend if playing as a boy, or their sister if playing as a girl. [monica / karla / unique star karla]
4) Yet again in Unova, this is the only character that is guaranteed to greet the player by saying "Hi. ♥" when interacted with at some point, regardless of their gender or anything else the player does/chooses. [jacci]

Results:
The official scavenger hunt by WarriorGallade was ended automatically.
1st place: yeet dab xd [03:38].
2nd place: DrThop [04:02:26].
3rd place: p^_^okemonvortex. [13:17].
4th place: aegii [13:25].
5th place: Bert122 [17:02].
Consolation Prize: Qui-Gon the Flygon [19:13]

Yes, that's how the results were displayed. Don't worry, the points got fixed to accurately reflect finishing times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)