Resource Scarlet/Violet VGC Team Dumps

zee

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
Use this thread to post any teams that you've been experimenting with in Scarlet and Violet VGC. An explanation of the team's use or creation would be greatly appreciated. No real other rules to it.

Teams that are shown to be quality will be considered for the proper sample teams thread.

Here I let u a team I´ve being having good results with. I´m currently top 124 in Batlle stadium doubles. It´s a Dondozo&Tatsuguiri Team. Here is the link https://pokepast.es/e4d53fed635176d3.

top 125.PNG

There is an explanation in the link of how to play the team. U almost always go with the flutter mane- chi yu- dondozo - tatsuguiri combo. If enemy hasnt a reliable response to Dondozo & Tatsuguiri u can lead with them but what u usually want is to start with the chi yu + flutter mane combo to weaken enemy as much as possible and then end the game with Dondo. In Dondozo mirror u can take amoongus to clear smog it.

tyo

最強
is a Tiering Contributor
VGCPL Champion
Last night I topped the ladder with a 70 point lead using the team linked above. Hyper offense is always the strongest archetype at the start of a given format so what better way than putting six powerful mons together on one team! I can't take all the credit for making the team as I pretty much stole the six Pokemon from someone I faced against on the DOU ladder but regardless, I wanted to share my version of it as I think it has potential in VGC.

The team is divided into three cores: Chi-Yu and Flutter Mane/Dragonite and Chien Pao/Sandy Shocks and Indeedee. Chi-Yu and Flutter Mane has great synergy as Chi-Yu drops the opponent's special defense so specs Flutter Mane does insane damage into the opponent's pokemon. Similarly, Chien Pao drops the opponent's defense so Extreme Speed from Tera Normal Choice Banded Dragonite kills almost everything that does not resist it. Finally, Sandy Shocks and Indeedee were meant to deal with Arcanine and Amoonguss and any other Pokemon that could potentially threaten the four Pokemon on the team. One aspect of the team I want to highlight is that games can end extremely quickly. Choosing the right target when attacking is key for this team as it is very hyper offensive and one mistake can cost you the game. I am a big fan of making reads like the one in the first replay so if you're a 'flashy' VGC player, this team could be the one for you. Side Note: Playing optimally is always best, I just have much more fun trying to pull off reads.

Throughout the ~70 games I played, I only brought Sandy Shocks and Indeedee around three times so if anyone decides to build on this further, I'd advise to consider replacing those Pokemon. For example, I tried Lycanroc and Tyranitar over them as I kept losing to Bwahacough and I went up to 1570 on ladder (second at the time of writing this), however I do not think that pair is the right fit with the other 4 Pokemon.

As for common matchups, Dragonite and Chien Pao can usually beat Tatsugiri Dondozo as Extreme Speed and Sacred Sword does around 50% to Dondozo and they cannot KO you back. Chi-Yu and Flutter Mane can also beat that but you would usually need at least one flinch from Dark Pulse.

Against opposing Chi-Yu and Flutter Mane, I usually lead Dragonite Chien Pao and double target their Chi-Yu with Extreme Speed and Sucker Punch since Tera Ghost on Chi-Yu is relatively common. If the opponent has Dragonite and Chien Pao, I go with the mirror and Extreme Speed and Sucker Punch into their Chien Pao. This is because I can Tera Ghost my Chi-Yu in the back and win against their Dragonite.

When the opponent is using Grimmsnarl, I usually go with Dragonite Chien Pao and target Grimmsnarl with Extreme Speed and Sacred Sword. If they lead Arcanine next to Grimmsnarl, I target the Arcanine instead as I do not want my Dragonite to be invalidated by Will-O-Wisp. Finally, against Trick Room teams they usually have Hariyama so I lead with Flutter Mane and Chi-Yu so I can Tera Ghost turn 1 and usually instantly win the game.

Replays:
Vs Perish Dondozo: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1720641534-z5p4nisir3kzs49wjgfjd6qaxv8r4z1pw
Vs screens https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1720528113-j34dn11nu9pbgphejizui1w2xtmq8o1pw
Vs NJ11 https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1720518668-spxlebx41nq6xjunxax527n88h4ro69pw
Vs Dondozo https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1720514515-2muxaszoj7lr4hzhwy6s2636m5ra8rspw
Vs Palafin https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1720497223-rkdblhrhvtnz30toa4qzjgmabhavljbpw

Last edited:
Last night I topped the ladder with a 70 point lead using the team linked above. Hyper offense is always the strongest archetype at the start of a given format so what better way than putting six powerful mons together on one team! I can't take all the credit for making the team as I pretty much stole the six Pokemon from someone I faced against on the DOU ladder but regardless, I wanted to share my version of it as I think it has potential in VGC.

The team is divided into three cores: Chi-Yu and Flutter Mane/Dragonite and Chien Pao/Sandy Shocks and Indeedee. Chi-Yu and Flutter Mane has great synergy as Chi-Yu drops the opponent's special defense so specs Flutter Mane does insane damage into the opponent's pokemon. Similarly, Chien Pao drops the opponent's defense so Extreme Speed from Tera Normal Choice Banded Dragonite kills almost everything that does not resist it. Finally, Sandy Shocks and Indeedee were meant to deal with Arcanine and Amoonguss and any other Pokemon that could potentially threaten the four Pokemon on the team. One aspect of the team I want to highlight is that games can end extremely quickly. Choosing the right target when attacking is key for this team as it is very hyper offensive and one mistake can cost you the game. I am a big fan of making reads like the ones in the first and second replays so if you're a 'flashy' VGC player, this team could be the one for you. Side Note: Playing optimally is always best, I just have much more fun trying to pull off reads.

Throughout the ~70 games I played, I only brought Sandy Shocks and Indeedee around three times so if anyone decides to build on this further, I'd advise to consider replacing those Pokemon. For example, I tried Lycanroc and Tyranitar over them as I kept losing to Bwahacough and I went up to 1570 on ladder (second at the time of writing this), however I do not think that pair is the right fit with the other 4 Pokemon.

As for common matchups, Dragonite and Chien Pao can usually beat Tatsugiri Dondozo as Extreme Speed and Sacred Sword does around 50% to Dondozo and they cannot KO you back. Chi-Yu and Flutter Mane can also beat that but you would usually need at least one flinch from Dark Pulse.

Against opposing Chi-Yu and Flutter Mane, I usually lead Dragonite Chien Pao and double target their Chi-Yu with Extreme Speed and Sucker Punch since Tera Ghost on Chi-Yu is relatively common. If the opponent has Dragonite and Chien Pao, I go with the mirror and Extreme Speed and Sucker Punch into their Chien Pao. This is because I can Tera Ghost my Chi-Yu in the back and win against their Dragonite.

When the opponent is using Grimmsnarl, I usually go with Dragonite Chien Pao and target Grimmsnarl with Extreme Speed and Sacred Sword. If they lead Arcanine next to Grimmsnarl, I target the Arcanine instead as I do not want my Dragonite to be invalidated by Will-O-Wisp. Finally, against Trick Room teams they usually have Hariyama so I lead with Flutter Mane and Chi-Yu so I can Tera Ghost turn 1 and usually instantly win the game.

Replays:
Vs Perish Dondozo: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1720641534-z5p4nisir3kzs49wjgfjd6qaxv8r4z1pw
Vs a friend using rain https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1721183751-4gqsq8wfem7f26skvljm91j3iib4hripw
Vs screens https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1720528113-j34dn11nu9pbgphejizui1w2xtmq8o1pw
Vs NJ11 https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1720518668-spxlebx41nq6xjunxax527n88h4ro69pw
Vs Dondozo https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1720514515-2muxaszoj7lr4hzhwy6s2636m5ra8rspw
Vs Palafin https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1720497223-rkdblhrhvtnz30toa4qzjgmabhavljbpw
This team has been absurdly good for ladder right now, basically won non stop and I've climbed to mid 300s right now (which I know isn't great but its good for me). I've switched Sandy Shocks and Indeedee with Roaring Mood and Talon Flame. I find they're more consistent to answering opposing Chi-Yu and Flutter Mane (Tailwind + Tera-Ground -> EQ = Dead Chi-Yu, Flutter at 1HP, and Roaring Moon still alive). Tailwind also helps with speed control against other tailwind teams. The sets I'm using are:

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
Level: 50
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Brave Bird
- Tailwind
- Taunt

Roaring Moon @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Iron Head
- Acrobatics

I'm sure the sets can be optimized much more, this is just what's worked for me so far.

https://pokepast.es/967d9bca84d89899
Ladder - Showdown! - Google Chrome 2022_11_28 21_38_12 (2).png

Hit the funny number with a Dondozo team inspired by Blunkelsito
Dondozo is safety goggles + tera steel + zen headbutt to be able to ignore amoonguss and waste spore and clear smog turns. It's really funny. Tera steel also makes it that much harder to kill. Unaware over water veil or oblivious because otherwise garganacl and tera grass bulk up ceruledge/armarouge would be much more difficult to deal with. Zen Headbutt isn't actually used that much since it walls Amoonguss already, so maybe facade would be better so Arcanine is easier to deal with.
Amoonguss spread does nothing in particular, I just guessed. But it does work well.
Hatterene has some more offensive presence than other trick room setters and setup is basically guaranteed outside of imprison because of magic bounce. It is noteworthy that psyshock OHKOs FLuttermane too.
And Fluttermane and Chiyu are useful in case of said imprison or opposing Fluttermane + Chiyu, which Amoonguss and Hatterene fold to.

1621.png

i tilt a little after hitting this

Last edited:
This team has been absurdly good for ladder right now, basically won non stop and I've climbed to mid 300s right now (which I know isn't great but its good for me). I've switched Sandy Shocks and Indeedee with Roaring Mood and Talon Flame. I find they're more consistent to answering opposing Chi-Yu and Flutter Mane (Tailwind + Tera-Ground -> EQ = Dead Chi-Yu, Flutter at 1HP, and Roaring Moon still alive). Tailwind also helps with speed control against other tailwind teams. The sets I'm using are:

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Brave Bird
- Tailwind
- Taunt

Roaring Moon @ Booster Energy
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Iron Head
- Acrobatics

I'm sure the sets can be optimized much more, this is just what's worked for me so far.
Seconded, the team is absolutely incredible for ladder climbing (Big shoutout to raisedintyo for the OG build).
I tried the Talonflame + Roaring Moon too and while it helped a lot with the Chi-Yu + Flutter Mane matchup, I felt a little underprepared for the Dragonite + Chien-Pao mirror, so I gave Talonflame Quick Guard and switched Roaring Moon for:

Great Tusk @ Booster Energy
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Great Tusk's +1 EQ oneshots both Chi-Yu and Flutter Mane while Rock Tera allows it to take 2 banded Normal Tera Dragonite E-Speeds under Sword of Ruin.
Finally, I found the team really struggled against Farigiraf Trick Room teams since it blocked my priority moves so I changed the Flutter Mane set to:

Flutter Mane @ Life Orb
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Imprison
- Trick Room

Additional info:
• Talonflame's EV spread allows it to survive a Jolly Chien-Pao's Ice Spinner under Sword of Ruin and Modest Chi-Yu's Dark Pulse or Timid Flutter Mane's Shadow Ball under Beads of Ruin, Googles + Taunt to shut down Amoonguss and Brute Bonnet.
• Chien-Pao can run Haze instead of Protect since Iron Defense Garganacl is a big threat.
• Haven't clicked Psychic on Chi-Yu once, been trying Sleep Talk as a tech option in case I need to sleep fodder a mon.

https://pokepast.es/17ff114d6f3cb819

Found this team randomly while watching someone else playing on showdown. May as well share, sets are not exact and you'd definitely need to change EVs and IVs on some of these.
You got Lilligant and Torkoal for some good Eruption spam. Lilligant's After You lets it retain its good utility even when Torkoal is down, allowing others to move just as fast. Armarouge and Indeedee-F can abuse psychic terrain. Hatterene with Trick Room can either be paired with Lilligant under sun to spam Dazzling Gleam, or set up Trick Room for Torkoal/Armarouge if need be. Krook is there to clean up+Intimidate utility.

Pretty decent overall. It seems pretty versatile from what little testing I did. Dunno who made the team but shoutouts to them.

New generation of Pokémon with new sets and new strategies so let's go. I will introduce you to a Japanese team created by dodoriosiriru who direct it to a Trick Room.

:SV/Toedscruel: --> The new Gen 9 Amoonguss ( :Amoonguss: ) but much better because it has access to 3 very useful moves, namely : Trick Room / Rage Powder / Spore. It also has a rather special talent Mycellium Might : The Pokémon always acts slower when it uses a status ability, but it ignores opposing talents. It inflicts huge pressure on the opponent and the TR / Rage Powder & Spore Pokemon. It has access to Earth Power and benefits from the STAB inflicting heavy damage on Torkoal ( :Torkoal: ) and other fire Pokemon that it may encounter. His TerraCrystal is of the Water type which can allow him to resist the opponent's fire type movement and if necessary with the Occa Berry. It combines very well with Armarouge in Lead allowing a double TrickRoom or Rage Powder / TR or even Spore / TR.

:SV/Armarouge: --> This pokemon has two very useful talents : Flash Fire and Weak Armor giving you access to different strategies that can surprise the opponent and it adapts very well with our team's TR or against the Opponent's TR. His Armor Cannon attack is a great new attack that hits really hard with 100% accuracy. Covert Cloak helps prevent Fake Out flinch and Leech Seed damage and other climate damage. Psyshock can be replaced by Expending Force if you play Indeedee ( :Indeedee: ) with it's PSY Terrain.

:SV/Annihilape: --> This Pokemon is a very good ally of Armarouge ( :Armarouge: ) & Teodscruel ( :Toedscruel: ) . The strategy is to Final Gambit on a Pokémon that will get 100% OHKO to allow Armarouge or Teodscruel to place the TR and bring one of the team members under the TR safely. This strategy essentially benefits KingGambit ( :Kingambit: ) who will be able to come on the field and take advantage of his Supreme Overlord talent giving him an immediate 10% Att boost.

:SV/Kingambit: --> An excellent sweeper, his base attack of 135, his double Dark Steel type and a new attack of 85 power that can NOT miss is target. He can also play Defiant but Supreme Overlord benefits a lot more with this team. A safe bet after eliminating its potential threat.

:SV/Gholdengo: --> Its incredible dual-type and signature "Make It Rain" attack with its base 120 will deal massive damage to enemy Pokemon while dropping the enemy's special attack to -1 as a bonus. His talent is also very useful in preventing him from having ANY status issues. The rest of his attacks allow him to hit any type of pokemon when needed. In addition, this Pokemon will allow you to exceed most Pokemon TR under the TR with its min Speed.

:SV/Mudsdale: --> An incredible sweeper under the TR with his Choice Band and his wide choice of Ground / Combat / Steel / Rock attack. Inner Focus prevents Fake Outs and intimidates giving it its full power.

You can Lead Toedscruel / Armarouge + Kingambit / Gholdengo / Mudsdale ( :Toedscruel: / :Armarouge: + :Kingambit: / :Gholdengo: / :Mudsdale: )

A TR user / Annihilape + One of the 3 sweepers. ( :Toedscruel: / :Armarouge: + :Annihilape: / :Kingambit: / :Gholdengo: / :Mudsdale: )

A wide choice of possible combinations is available to you.

Japanese Version --> https://pokepast.es/dc3af58e68bdbaa4

English Version --> https://pokepast.es/b244016f4077b6d8

Today we are going to focus on a brand new pokemon quite popular in SOLO but much more difficult to play in DUO but once the difficulty barrier is broken this Pokemon will dig your opponent's grave.

This team was created by JoeUX9, an American VGC Pro Player with a very impressive track record :

- 2019 Pokémon North America International Championships ( Top 32 )
- 2020 Pokémon Knoxville Regional Championships ( Semi Finalist )
- 2020 Pokemon Richmond Regional Championships ( Top 8 )
- 2020 Pokémon Portland Regional Championships ( Winner )
- 2020 Pokémon Daytona Beach Regional Championships ( Finalist )
- 2020 Pokémon Oceania International Championships - ( Top 64 )
- 2020 Pokémon Collinsville Regional Championships - ( Top 32 )

- Pokémon Players Cup: North America Online Qualifier ( Winner )
- Pokémon Players Cup: Finals - ( Top 16 )
- Pokémon Players Cup II: North America Online Qualifier ( Top 32 )
- Pokémon Players Cup III: North America Online Qualifier ( Top 32 )
- Pokémon Players Cup III: Global Finals ( Top 12 )

- 2022 Pokémon Salt Lake City Regional Championships ( Top 4 )
- 2022 Pokémon Europe International Championships ( Top 4 )
- 2022 Pokémon Indianapolis Regional Championships ( Top 16 )
- 2022 Pokémon Secaucus Regional Championships ( Top 32 )
- 2022 Pokémon Vancouver Regional Championships ( Top 32 )
- 2022 Pokémon North America International Championships ( Top 4 )
- 2022 Pokémon World Championships ( Top 32 )

The Team :

:DP/Pelipper: Pelipper :DP/Pelipper:

Pelipper @ Focus Sash
Ability: Drizzle
Tera Type: Flying
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hurricane
- Tailwind
- Protect

Pelipper plays a key role in the smooth running of the match as he is Palafin-Hero's partner. He will lay down Rain and Speed with Tailwind and can just as well attack the opponent with his Hydro Pump STAB + Rain & Hurricane STAB 100% Accuracy under rain + 30% confusion chance and can hit Pokemon with Bounce. His Teracrystal Flight allows him to OHKO enemy Amoonguss :Amoonguss:

:SV/Palafin-Hero: Palafin-Hero :SV/Palafin-Hero:

Palafin-Hero @ Choice Band
Ability: Zero to Hero
EVs: 124 HP / 124 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Jet Punch
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Flip Turn

This Pokémon has 2 forms. He still appears in his base form BUT his talent allows him to switch from his base form to hero mode once he has been switched. If he is chosen in your team it is better to play him in Lead and do Flip Turn allowing him to change shape while doing damage to the opponent.

Capture d’écran (289).png
Capture d’écran (290).png

As you can see from the chart, its attack power increases dramatically and now imagine this pokemon under the RAIN + The Choice Band + Is stats in Hero Mode + His Jet Punch in priority mode + His access to the Water Teracrystal and you have a MONSTER and enough to destroy the opponent in the late game.

:BW/Hydreigon: Hydreigon :BW/Hydreigon:

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 12 HP / 4 Def / 236 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

Hydreigon Life Orb is a very serious threat to the opponent. Flash Cannon will pulverize Fairy Pokémon like Sylveon and when needed it can Teracrystal in Steel mode. The rest of his varied attacks will allow him to damage as needed.

:DP/Scizor: Scizor :DP/Scizor:

Scizor @ Clear Amulet
Ability: Technician
EVs: 244 HP / 156 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Protect

The Clear Amulet prevents any stat drops from ability or talent. He now has in Gen 9 access to Close Combat pulverizing any steel type as well as Sword Dance to increase his attack power.

:DP/Arcanine: Arcanine :DP/Arcanine:

Arcanine @ Mago Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 212 HP / 4 Atk / 20 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp
- Snarl
- Protect

A defensive Arcanine with the Mago Berry that can threaten enemies with its Will-o-Wisp / Snarl and Intimidate.

:BW/Amoonguss: Amoonguss :BW/Amoonguss:

Amoonguss @ Occa Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 236 HP / 116 Def / 156 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Clear Smog
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect

Amoonguss with the Occa Berry - Regenerator + Clear Smog / Spore. Clear Smog will remove any stat boosts from the opponent and the Occa Berry is present to resist Pokémon such as Torkoal ( :Torkoal: ) & Arcanine ( :Arcanine: ).

Pokepast --> https://pokepast.es/6c5eb29f70215aa8

:Palafin-Hero: Good Luck ! :Palafin-Hero:

Here is a team created by Markus Stadter, a multi-awarded German player for his incredible performance in VGC since 2011 until today or recently he was able to shine in the Stuttgart championships In Best of 3 by crushing all of his opponents with a final score of 7-1 with this same team.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:SV/Maushold: The Team :SV/Maushold:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:SV/Annihilape: Annihilape :SV/Annihilape:

Annihilape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Normal
Jolly Nature
- Final Gambit
- Close Combat
- Shadow Claw
- Brick Break

His role will be short but useful. Final Gambit will be able to eliminate potential threats. Brick Break will break the Lights screen or protection posed by Grimsnarl. Shadow Claw is there to be there and take advantage of the STAB in case... ^^"

:DP/Murkrow: Mukrow :DP/Murkrow:

Murkrow @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
Haze
- Tailwind
- Foul Play
- Taunt

Present since 1999, this Pokémon will really shine in 2022 with the arrival of Gen 9. It has a very useful combination: Prankster + Tailwind. Haze is there to suppress the stat boosts of dangerous Pokémon like Dondozo BUT it can also be useful for us with our ally Gholdengo who will be able to type freely with Make It Rain choice specs without NEVER losing its power. Teracrystal Ghost is present to prevent possible Fake Outs from the opponent.

:XY/Hydreigon: Hydreigon :XY/Hydreigon:

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Tailwind

A fairly classic set but which is nonetheless formidable and useful. Its Steel teracrystal combines to hit the Sylveon or other fairy Pokémon very hard on the road. Tailwind associates very well with Maushold who will be able to follow me allowing him to 99.9% place the Tailwind.

:SV/Gholdengo: Gholdengo :SV/Gholdengo:

Gholdengo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Good as Gold
EVs: 20 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 124 SpD / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Make It Rain
- Steel Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock

Here it is... The god! Probably one of the best Pokemon of Gen 9. Its talent which prevents it from ANY status issue, Make it Rain + Shadow Ball hits very hard and takes advantage of STAB - Steel Beam + Psyshock are support/emergency moves. The primary strategy is to team up with Murkrow who will place the Tailwind and Gholdengo will be the weapon arm that will crush the opposing team.

:BW/Garchomp: Garchomp :BW/Garchomp:

Garchomp @ Clear Amulet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Atk / 36 Def / 4 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sword Dance
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Protect

A Sword Dance Bulky set. He has little investment in speed because he is already taking advantage of Tailwind. His fire Teracrystal will prevent being OHKOed too quickly by ice attacks. Clear Amulet will prevent the stat drop leaving it at full power.

:SV/Maushold:Maushold-Four :SV/Maushold:

Maushold-Four @ Wide Lens
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Population Bomb
- Charm
- Follow Me
- Encore

This Pokémon is playable in different ways. He has two incredibly useful talents: Friend Guard & Technician. With its Friend Guard talent this pokemon is a perfect ally for all Belly Drum / Dragon Dance / Sword Dance User ect ect .. and it is played with Super Fang / Population Bomb / Protect. In our case, with his Technician ability, he is an excellent sweeper thanks in particular to the support movement he has. His talent allows him to increases by x1.5 the power of abilities when it is less than or equal to 60. Population Bomb has an attack base of 20 so 20 x 1.5 = 30 and it can attack 10 times in a row - 30 x 10 = 300 with an accuracy of 90% each time. And that's the magic that works! Thanks to his Wind Lens object, he goes from an accuracy of 90% per shot to... 99 PERCENT accuracy on each shot ! So let's sum it all up ^.^ | We have a Pokémon that benefits from Technician increasing its attack to 30 + Wind Lens that will hit with 99% accuracy for 10 times in a row + A Normal STAB + A Normal Teracrystal + 6,25% Chance to Critical Hit Every Hits and we have a weapon of mass destruction that moreover will be helped by the rest of the team.

Pokepast -->
https://pokepast.es/d01df76c95f49120

:SV/Gholdengo: Good Luck ! :SV/Gholdengo:

Last edited:

As the saying goes : After the rain comes the good weather... In our case not quite. After introducing you to a Rain team today we are going to go to the mountains to find a HAIL team. Take out your coats / hats and gloves and forward.

This team was created by a Japanese player named Zenn172M ( じーん ). One of the best players in Japan 2022 and will revisit a Hail team and show us how strong and creative this player is.

2016,17,18,19全国大会出場 2017全国大会 準優勝 2020 INC Feb 5位 2020 JCS出場権利獲得 2016,17,18 世界大会出場 2019NA international 14位(265人中) 2020OC international 15位(288人中) 非公式全国大会PJNO ベスト3 剣盾ダブルレーティング S12 1位 7位 S7 1位 S4 11位 S2 4位 S1 11位

:BW/Rotom-Frost: The Team :BW/Rotom-Frost:

:Abomasnow: ユキノオー (Abomasnow) :Abomasnow:

@ Babiri Berry
Ability: Snow Warning
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 220 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Blizzard
- Earth Power
- Protect

Here is a Bulky set from Abomasnow with the Babari Berry that will prevent you from getting OHKOed by Gholdengo no matter what set
  • ( 252+ SpA Choice Specs Gholdengo Make It Rain vs. 220 HP / 4 SpD Babiri Berry Abomasnow: 145-172 (75.1 - 89.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO )​
  • ( 244+ SpA Life Orb Gholdengo Make It Rain vs. 220 HP / 4 SpD Babiri Berry Abomasnow: 125-148 (64.7 - 76.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO )​
  • ( 252+ SpA Life Orb Gholdengo Make It Rain vs. 220 HP / 4 SpD Babiri Berry Abomasnow: 126-149 (65.2 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO )​
Allowing you to lay Aurora Veil or do Earth Power. This Pokémon had dominated the VGC 2010 mode with its Blizzard and Wood Hammer attack to kill the Kyogres but in Gen 9 it now has access to new moves making it more popular as at its peak in 2010 (A bit like Madara in Naruto during his fights against Hashirama). Earth Power will be able to threaten Fire-type Pokémon like Arcanine .

:Rotom-Frost: ロトム - 悪魔の冷蔵庫 (Rotom-Frost) :Rotom-Frost:
@ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Discharge
- Tera Blast
- Thunderbolt

This Pokémon has not been very present in VGC because of its very, very numerous weaknesses in Fire - Fighting - Rock - Ground (The effectiveness of Ground-type attacks is nil due to its Levitation talent. Therefore, if Gravity, Skill Swap, Gastro Acid, Smack Down or Simple Beam is used, if the opponent has Mold Breaker or Neutralizing Gas or if Rotom is given an Iron Ball, the Levitation effect is canceled and the effectiveness of Ground attacks against it is doubled. ) + Only has 3 resistance to Ice / Electricity / Flight. Here's how we're going to take this Pokémon from weak to very powerful thanks to the 9th Generation.

The water teracrystal will give you resistance to very many fire Pokémon in the format + to the type you were weak to previously. The water teracrystal will pair perfectly with the Tera Blast attack and allow you to trap fire Pokémon in a deadly trap. The opponent will think that you can't do anything against him with his Pokémon and BOOM : Tera Crystal Water + Tera Blast and in the vast majority of cases he will be OHKOed or seriously injured. Blizzard will pair up very well with the rest of your team. Abomasnow will place the Hail giving you 100% accuracy and Blizzard will protect Garchomp from other dragon-type Pokémon and he will protect you from Fire Pokémon with Earthquake (thanks to levitation you would be immune) + Blizzard will be able to freeze the opponent with a 10% chance rate. Discharge will also pair very well with Garchomp thanks to his electricity immunity eliminating water-type threats. This combination was at the time used in VGC 2009 with Zapdos + Garchomp during Japanese tournaments. He has very little investment in speed because Kilowattrel will be able to land the Tailwind.

:Kilowattrel: タイカイデン (Kilowattrel) :Kilowattrel:
@ Focus Sash
Ability: Competitive
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Air Slash
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

This Pokémon has one of the fastest speed bases of Gen 9 allowing you in most cases to put the Tailwind in 1st (Excluding pokémon like Murkrow = Prankster or Talonflame = Gale Wings). He also has 3 very useful talents. In our case it is playing with Competitive (The Special Attack is increased by 2 as soon as an opponent lowers one of his stats. ) which will be very useful to us against the many Arcanine present in the format. Air Slash + Thunderbolt will benefit from +50% STAB (125 + 30% Flinch) / (140 + 10% Para).

:Garchomp: ガブリアス (Garchomp) :Garchomp:
@ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Stomping Tantrum

Garchomp pairs perfectly with Kilowattrel and Discharge or Rotom-Frost with Earthquake. It is equipped with Choice Band which will cause very very heavy damage to the opponent.

:Arcanine: ウインディ (Arcanine) :Arcanine:
@ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Atk / 12 Def / 84 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Snarl
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Protect

Arcanine's more offensive set with his distribution of 156 atk and his Adamant nature make him a formidable threat to the opponent.

:Gholdengo: サーフゴー (Gholdengo) :Gholdengo:
@ Life Orb
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Make It Rain
- Protect

Here he is back but this time as you have never known or perhaps very rarely come across him. Here is a set with Substitute. It will be mostly useful against Trick Room teams. Its flight-type Teracrystal will allow you to pair it with Garchomp and place an Earthquake Choice Band safely without hurting it.

You can make different combinations of Pokémon giving you plenty of choice to confuse the opponent and force them to think hard against your choices.

• :Abomasnow: + :Rotom-Frost: ( Lead ) + :Kilowattrel: + ( Pokemon of your choice during the team observation )
  • :Kilowattrel: ( Tailwind ) + :Garchomp: + :Abomasnow: + :Rotom-Frost:
  • :Kilowattrel: ( Tailwind ) + :Garchomp: + :Gholdengo: + ( Pokemon of your choice during the team observation )
Because of the calculation formule for Abomasnow I could not put the set under spoiler ( Sorry )

Pokepast --> https://pokepast.es/9568f0edfa15e4f3

:Abomasnow: :Rotom-Frost: :Kilowattrel: Good Luck ! :Garchomp: :Arcanine: :Gholdengo:

Last edited:
1713.png

https://pokepast.es/4565d5799cef87e9
Changed up my team for the new meta. Not as braindead to play anymore since people are prepping for dondozo religiously now.
Dondozo now runs a bulkier subtect lefties set with substitute, as it's necessary against the mirror, and people are running willowisp more now.
Assault vest tera poison hydreigon works great, though tera steel would probably be better. EVs live garchomp's dragon claw.
Arcanine combos great with hydreigon, patching up the weaker defence with intimidate. Double snarl is useful. EVs live max special rotom-w hydro pump, though I can't remember what else it does.
Hydreigon + Arc is a good lead most of the time, or Hydreigon + Hatt if murkrow or tailwind look likely.

Last edited:
Today we are going to focus on a team that arrived at RANK 1 very early in the format. This team was created by a player named Raptyboy's.

:SV/Baxcalibur: The Team :SV/Baxcalibur:

:SV/Murkrow: Murkrow :SV/Murkrow:

Murkrow @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Haze
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Tailwind

Murkrow takes a very important place in VGC 2023 with his talent Prankster + Tailwind that's why you have to play him and not his evolution which will lose his talent. A fairly classic set with the Focus Sash.

Gholdengo @ Life Orb
EVs: 188 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

This set from Gholdengo is a bit bulkier than the Max Special Attack / Max Speed sets. His Good As Gold talent will prevent any status issues like spore or parting shot from Grimmsnarl.

:SV/Meowscarada: Meowscarada :SV/Meowscarada:

Meowscarada @ Choice Band
Ability: Protean
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Flower Trick
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch

Meowscarada Choice Band is the successor to Urshifu from Gen 8. It has an attack set that allows you to hit a lot of things.

:SV/Maushold-Four: Maushold-Four :SV/Maushold-Four:

Maushold-Four @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Friend Guard
Jolly Nature
- Follow Me
- Encore
- Population Bomb
- Protect

This set of Maushold is different from the one presented previously where he will play a more defensive role. He is playing with the sitrus berry and max HP. It has like the previous set Population Bomb to do some damage but keep in mind that it is essentially present as a Support Pokémon with this set. This pokemon combines very well with Baxcalibur to allow it to place the Sword Dance or Gholdengo with Nasty Plot which can do enormous damage with Make It Rains & Shadow Ball. His talent will protect them up to 25% less damage.

:SV/Baxcalibur: Baxcalibur :SV/Baxcalibur:

Baxcalibur @ Clear Amulet
Ability: Thermal Exchange
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Glaive Rush
- Ice Shard
- Protect

Another Gen 9 monster that will do massive damage to anything in its path. This Pokémon has incredible base stats and attack stats. It also has a superb talent called Thermal Exchange: If the Pokémon is hit by a fire-type attack, its attack stat will increase to +1 and it cannot be burned. A very useful talent due to the large number of Arcanine and Torkoal in the format. He also has the Clear Amulet object which will prevent any drop in statistics on the part of the adversary and in particular the Arcanine which without his talent and his object will be a very big threat for Baxcalibur. The strategy behind this Pokémon is to combine it with another monster Pokémon that we had already presented in another team but this time if it will play a more defensive role, namely Maushold-four . Baxcalibur will be able to place a Sword Dance next to Maushold-four which will give him Follow Me and thanks to his talent Friend Guard Baxcalibur will only suffer 3/4 of enemy attacks. If ever Maushold-Four were to be knocked out it will give you a free switch on Murkrow which can be the Tailwind or on another pokemon sweeper of the team like Miascarada & Gholdengo. It will be able to trap type Pokemon, as we have a lot of weak to fire Pokemon it can easily come to take the +1 boost in attack and without any chance of being burned. Glaive Rush is its signature move: The caster throws an unconscious charge at the target. On the next turn, the target's attack deals double damage and never fails.

:SV/Garganacl: Garganacl :SV/Garganacl:

Garganacl @ Leftovers
Ability: Purifying Salt
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Wide Guard
- Salt Cure
- Recover
- Protect

This set is very different from the sets we are used to seeing with Iron Defense / Body Press here it is a set with Wide Guard / Protect. You will be able to trap the Garchomp with Wide Guard. You can also Stall the opponent with Salt Cure + Protect + Recover + Leftovers. The teracystal Ghost will give you immunity to Fighting-type pokemon.

Pokepast
--> https://pokepast.es/5ad310a0257e4e59

:Murkrow: :Gholdengo: :Meowscarada: Good Luck :Maushold-Four: :Baxcalibur: :Garganacl:

Today we take the plane and we leave for Japan. I will introduce you to a team created by a Japanese player named がはく(gahaku)

:SV/Dachsbun: The Team :SV/Dachsbun:

:SV/Armarouge: Armarouge :SV/Armarouge:

グレンアルマ (Armarouge) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Def / 4 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Lava Plume
- Expanding Force
- Armor Cannon

The first strategy is to pair it with Dachsbun to set up the tank strategy (Please Read the Dachsbun segment for full explanation). Pairs very well with Indeedee which will lay down the PSY terrain and allow you to hit hard with Expanding Force. Arma Canon to put STAB + Trick damage to surprise the opponent by giving him your Choice Scarf and blocking it on a move or on Pokémon that don't really need it.

:SV/Indeedee: Indeedee :SV/Indeedee:

イエッサン (Indeedee) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Psychic Surge
Modest Nature
- Encore
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Protect

A Hyper Offense set from Indeedee that goes very well with Armarouge.

:SV/Torkoal: Torkoal :SV/Torkoal:

コータス (Torkoal) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Drought
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Eruption
- Earth Power
- Lava Plume

Here is a variation on the Dachsbun Tank strategy (Please read his segment). This Torkoal is not Min Speed ( Modest / 31 IV Speed ) so keep in mind that you are outspeeding the opponent Torkoal but if the Trick Room is up it can become dangerous to deal with. He has the Assault Vest allowing him to stay longer to set up the Dachsbun Tank Strat.

:SV/Dachsbun: Dachsbun :SV/Dachsbun:

バウッツェル (Dachsbun) @ Leftovers
Ability: Well-Baked Body
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 4 SpA / 188 SpD / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Snarl
- Body Press
- Protect

A Pokémon unknown to the VGC but it will not remain so long after this presentation. Dachsbun has an extremely useful talent, namely: Well-Baked-Body --> if the Pokémon is hit by a Fire-type move, it suffers no damage and its Defense increases by +2. The strategy behind this Pokémon is to Dachsbun + Armarouge and Lava Feather so that Dachsbun can boost its defense to +2 / +4 / +6 and making Dachsbun almost invincible to any Physical Pokémon. It has Leftovers + Subsitute + Protect. A great way to stall an opponent and stay on the field indefinitely. He doesn't attack very hard but once set up he's a defensive war machine and a +6 Body Press does a lot of damage. Snarl allows you to weaken Special Pokémon by - 1 / - 2 ect ect... continuing your road to invincibility. This Pokémon has a good speed base and its statistics will even allow you to Out Speed the Gholdengo 0 Speed. You can lead with Armarouge + Dachsbun and do Lava Plume. As Armarouge is 244HP he can tank and put a +4 Dachsbun in 2 turns. This Pokemon is a Fairy type making it vulnerable to Pokemon Steel / Poison hence its Teracrystal Steel making the Attacks of its weakness ineffective and untouchable.

マスカーニャ (Meowscarada) @ Choice Band
Ability: Overgrow
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Flower Trick
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Meowscarada Choice Band, a monster in terms of physical power. He is playing Overgrow to do very very badly damage with Flower Trick in the late game.

:SV/Azumarill: Azumarill :SV/Azumarill:

マリルリ (Azumarill) @ Mystic Water
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Liquidation
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet

A Hyper Offense Azumarill set, it will be able to check all Fire-type Pokémon with Liquidation + Dark / Dragon-type Pokémon with Play Rough.

Keep in mind that the Dachsbun Tank Strategy is very effective against Physical Majority teams but that it can find itself in difficulty against Special Pokémon and the strategy will have to be changed but overall you will not have difficulty in adapt to your opponent.

WARNING: I advise you to play this team only if you have a rank higher than 1300 in VGC because this team can be complex for beginners.

Pokepast
--> https://pokepast.es/362ba6b0888cf393

:Armarouge: :Indeedee: :Torkoal:Good Luck !:Dachsbun: :Meowscarada: :Azumarill:

Last edited:

We continue our trip to Japan and we are going to meet a player who has also reached RANK 1 of the Official Ladder thanks to a Pokémon that you all know... Which one is it ? This is what we are going to discover together. (∩^o^)⊃━☆

This team was created by a Japanese player named アルカナ ( Umbra Alcana10906 )

:SV/Annihilape: The Team :SV/Annihilape:

:SV/Gengar: Gengar:SV/Gengar:

ゲンガー (Gengar) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Haze
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt

The return of a very nice pokemon Gengar. It has a very good special attack base and it has Haze. Haze will be able to remove stat boosts from pokemon like Dondozo/Tatsugiri. His Teracrystal Flying will allow him to team up with Garchomp and avoid Earthquake ( Now that he no longer has access to Levitation )

:SV/Garchomp: Garchomp :SV/Garchomp:

ガブリアス (Garchomp) @ Clear Amulet
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Atk / 44 Def / 4 SpD / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Protect

A Bulky set with Sword Dance and Clear Amulet but be careful you don't have a Dragon Claw for this set. His teracrystal Fire will protect him from ice type attacks and can be punished in return by Rock Slide.

:SV/Rotom-Wash: Rotom-Wash :SV/Rotom-Wash:

ロトム - 地獄の洗濯機 (Rotom-Wash) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 92 SpA / 4 SpD / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Tera Blast
- Protect

A very offensive Rotom with the sitrus berry and no support moves like Will-o-Wisp or Nasty Plot. His Teracrystal Fire will protect him from Grass Pokémon like Amoonguss or Abomasnow that can punish them with Terablast.

:SV/Grimmsnarl: Grimmsnarl :SV/Grimmsnarl:

オーロンゲ (Grimmsnarl) @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 156 Def / 36 SpD / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Reflect
- Spirit Break
- Light Screen

A fairly standard set with the two screens + Thunder Wave + Spirit Break which will lower the opponent's special attack to 100%. His Teracrystal Grass will protect you from Amoonguss Spore.

:SV/Corviknight: Corviknight :SV/Corviknight:

アーマーガア (Corviknight) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Mirror Armor
EVs: 172 HP / 76 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Iron Head
- Brave Bird
- Taunt

This Corviknight has a distribution quite different from what we can usually come across in fact he is Max Speed and he is essentially there to nail the opponent with formidable attacks all in Out Speed the Tyranitar not happy to receive an Iron Head. Unlike the Iron Defense + Body Press set, this pokemon can stay a long time to place the Tailwind and Taunt. Iron Head + Brave Bird will do heavy damage to the opponent. The Rocky Helmet will be able to very severely punish Pokémon like Mashold-Four and their proliferation bomb on a switch to trap the opponent who will slowly kill himself causing very little damage to Corviknight thanks to his steel type.

コノヨザル (Annihilape) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 116 Atk / 12 Def / 4 SpD / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Rage Fist
- Drain Punch
- Protect

We mostly came across Annihilape Choice Scarf sets but the Bulk up set is just as effective. This set will easily take opponent attacks and thanks to its Drain Punch attack you will be able to regain your life points. This Pokémon is a very good late game sweeper thanks to its Rage Fist attack which can cleanse the opponent by boosting it to +50 each time the opponent touches it & It will benefit from the protection of Grimmsnarl Light Clay which can activate the Lights Screen + Reflect which will make him your opponent's nightmare. He has the Lum Berry which can save him from the burn or spore of Amoonguss and the Defiant talent will punish the Arcanines of the opponent team and the users of Snarl or Annihilape can come on the field and take advantage of his Defiant talent giving him a boost of +2 in attack. It has a fairly large distribution in HP (236) as well as in speed (140) allowing you to outspeed Max Speed Tyranitar & all Pokémon with a base speed lower than 90. The biggest threat of this Pokémon is Gholdengo which will be able to Out Speed (The vast majority of Gholdengo are playing Max Speed) and hurt him a lot with his Ghost-type attacks... His water-type Teracrystal will allow him to save for 1 turn of Gholdengo Make It Rain if he is in the Grimmsnarl's side giving him time to place a protective barrier.

Pokepast --> https://pokepast.es/afd5d7ac76eb48ca

:Gengar: :Garchomp: :Rotom-Wash: Good Luck ! :Grimmsnarl: :Corviknight: :Annihilape:

Last edited:

After our trip of a few days in Japan, it's time to go back and this time we will stop in Europe and more precisely in Italy to look for a specific Pokémon. According to local legends, fishermen present on the lakes would have been attacked by a black monster resembling a bull that would have pierced their boat. Let's see what this "Bulls of the Lakes" is really exist.

This team was created by an Italian player named Dave Cognetta (DesuVGC) who won a few competitions :

2 times International Championship finalist
3rd place Player's Cup
2 times Rose Tower Invitational Champion

:SV/Tauros-Paldea-Water: The Team :SV/Tauros-Paldea-Water:

:SV/Froslass: Froslass :SV/Froslass:

Froslass @ Focus Sash
EVs: 108 HP / 148 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Frost Breath
- Icy Wind
- Taunt

Froslass will play a support role for Tauros who can activate the Anger Point strategy with Frost Breath ; Icy Wind to lower the speed of Tailwind setters ; Will-o-Wisp & Taunt to punish physical threats and trap setters.

:SV/Tauros-Paldea-Water: Tauros-Paldea-Water :SV/Tauros-Paldea-Water:

Tauros-Paldea-Water @ Assault Vest
Ability: Anger Point
EVs: 132 HP / 108 Atk / 4 Def / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Raging Bull
- Earthquake
- Aqua Jet

In Gen 9 Tauros takes new forms and we are going to look at his Fighting / Water form which has a very unique and useful Anger Point talent. The strategy hasn't changed from its Kanto form. Froslass uses Frost Breath which will strike a critical hit in 100% of cases and as Tauros' talent is Anger Point: if the Pokémon suffers a critical hit, it goes into a black rage which increases its Attack to the maximum and we have a Tauros at +6 in Attack. He has a move set capable of hitting anything and everything. His signature Raging Bull attack will allow you, like Brick Break, to pulverize the magic walls that the opponent will put in place to stop your war machine and as you play his Water form, this attack will be of the water type ( The attack has the type of your Tauros of Paldea. ) Its teracrystal Ground will protect you from Electric-type Pokémon that pose a threat due to our Water-type. Tauros & Froslass has a base speed of 100 allowing you to Outspeed a large majority of the Pokémon present in the format, but beware of the Pokémon that set Tailwind and Trick Room.

:SV/Salamence: Salamence :SV/Salamence:

Salamence @ Clear Amulet
EVs: 164 HP / 156 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Dual Wingbeat
- Protect

Drattak will play a protective role for Tauros hence his importance in the team. He will be able to protect Tauros from Grass Pokémon that are an Absolute threat to him. Drattak will be able to punish Grass Pokémon very severely with its Dual Wingbeat attack and its Teracrystal Flying like Meowscarada or Amoonguss. His Clear Amulett object will allow him to Dragon Dance with Maushold-Four by his side, which will follow Me and thus do great damage to the opponent.

:SV/Maushold-Four: Maushold-Four :SV/Maushold-Four:

Maushold-Four @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Friend Guard
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Atk / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Follow Me
- Feint
- Population Bomb
- Protect

A support set with a lot of HP investment and a little bit of Speed the rest of his EVs are spread into his defense. Its Teracrystal Grass will allow you not to take Spore by Amoonguss. Maushold-Four has a very useful attack : Feint. You Lead with Tauros + Froslass ( You do the job with the DUO until the KO of Froslass ) then you send Maushold-Four who can Feint the Protect Adverse leaving Tauros ( 神羅天征 Shinra Tensei ) the battlefield.

:SV/Rotom-Heat: Rotom-Heat :SV/Rotom-Heat:

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Specs
EVs: 44 HP / 20 Def / 188 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat

The role of Rotom-Heat is simply to hit quickly and as hard as possible. Due to his low Def / Def spe distribution, keep in mind that he is not destined to stay on the field for very long. It will be mainly useful for slaughtering Gholdengo which will get 99.9% of OHKO cases by Choice Specs Overheat.

:SV/Garganacl: Garganacl :SV/Garganacl:

Garganacl @ Leftovers
Ability: Purifying Salt
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Defense
- Salt Cure
- Body Press
- Recover

King Garganacl is present to do his role as a Tank with Iron Defense + Body Press and Recover to heal himself while cursing his enemies by surrounding him with a prison of salt and cooking him in a pot on a slow fire.

Pokepast
--> https://pokepast.es/ea367a92a5f87ee6

:Froslass: :Tauros-Paldea-Water: :Salamence: Good Luck :Maushold-Four: :Rotom-Heat: :Garganacl:

tyo

最強
is a Tiering Contributor
VGCPL Champion
At the start of every format, people are always striving to figure out what the best teams are and lose sight of what's really important in Pokemon, having fun! Therefore I decided to make a team featuring Glaceon as it is often overlooked due to its terrible typing but with the introduction of terastallization, that is no longer a problem! Although this isn't a rank one team, I'm still proud of how well it did against the majority of 'meta' teams and wanted to share it regardless!

The idea behind this team is simple. Make your opponent as angry as possible. The amount of rage messages I received during my time on ladder with this team was unparalleled to any other. Bright Powder Glaceon combined with Snow Cloak gives you a very good shot at dodging attacks and can simply win you games when you are in a dire situation. With the hail buff this generation, Glaceon also becomes very bulky and can endure a lot of attacks. Combined with the water tera type and Aurora Veil, Glaceon becomes very hard to kill.

Matchup roulette is something that's often complained about in Pokemon. Players believe that no team is 100% perfect as there will always be something that beats it. Fear not however, this is where Abomasnow comes in. In VGC, you win when you KO all four of your opponent's Pokemon. Whether you play the game slowly and chip your opponent's Pokemon over a long period of time or try and instantly gain an advantage, it does not matter. All you need to do is KO the opposing Pokemon. This makes Sheer Cold the ultimate move in Pokemon. Having Sheer Cold instantly makes every matchup winnable, all you need to do is hit. With Hail's defense buff this generation and tera typing, the odds of hitting sheer cold during the time becomes much higher as you will have far more opportunities to try. If you don't want to risk missing, you can easily just set up Aurora Veil as well. Not to mention, there are also opportunities to inflict the best status move in the game: freeze. Double Blizzard from Glaceon and Abomasnow gives you a good chance to freeze their Pokemon and render them useless. Therefore, Abomasnow is the ultimate Pokemon in VGC23 Series 1 as it enables you to play the game slowly or go for an insta win.

Arcanine and Rotom Wash are in this team to deal with Murkrow and Gholdengo. From my experience laddering with this team, opponents tend to lead that combination to try and beat Glaceon and Abomasnow. Leading Arcanine and Rotom Wash gives you a huge advantage as it beats that lead and can also tank hits from other Pokemon easily due to their great bulk. Annihilape is here for the Aurora Veil mode. With screens and bulk up, Annihilape becomes very hard to kill and hits back really hard with Rage Fist. Dragonite enables the hyper offense mode as it hits extremely hard and it's quickly become my favorite Pokemon to use in VGC this generation.

However, no team is perfect and changes can always be made to make it better. I would replace Bulldoze with Snarl on Arcanine to deal with Armourage better and Facade on Dragonite is something I saw in DOU which makes it hit insanely hard when terad and burned. Abomasnow can also be much bulkier with the tera type water to help it stay on the field longer.

Here are some replays of the team in action!
Double Sheer Cold
Played the same opponent two minutes after that game and blizzard came in clutch
Replay vs Screens Annihilape
4-0 win using Rotom Wash Arcanine against Gholdengo
Replay vs Palafin Rain
Replay vs Balance (Arcanine Sylveon Gholdengo Dondozo)

Today we are going to focus on a 100% Gen 9 Team and see what the new Gen 9 Pokémon are really worth in VGC.

This team was created by a player named Jamie Boyt with a rather impressive and unique track record... . 3x Regional Champion, 9th World Championships 2019, 13th World Championships 2016 and... Won a Regional with a Cottonee. Yes you read well with him --> :SV/Cottonee:

:SV/Tinkaton: The Team :SV/Tinkaton:

:SV/Baxcalibur: Baxcalibur :SV/Baxcalibur:

Baxcalibur @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 132 HP / 44 Atk / 12 Def / 68 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Tera Blast
- Icicle Spear
- Protect

A very nice set because it has a very useful object: Loated Dice - If the Pokémon has a multiple hit attack, the Pokémon will hit at least 4/5 (100% 4 Hits / 80% 5hits). This strategy will overcome Pokémon Focus Sash / Amoonguss / Garchomp. Electric Teracristal + Dragon Dance will protect you from Gholdengo and allow you to attack Ice-type Pokémon with TeraBlast.

:SV/Kilowattrel: Kilowattrel :SV/Kilowattrel:

Kilowattrel @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wind Power
Timid Nature
- Feather Dance
- Eerie Impulse
- Electro Ball
- Tailwind

This Mi Offense / Mi Support set from Kilowattrel has Electro Ball: The faster the Pokémon, the more effective this attack will be. It has an incredible Wind Power talent: When a Pokémon with this talent suffers or invokes an ability that calls on the wind, it charges, increasing the damage of its next Electric-type attack, thus doing incredible damage to the opponent . It also has Feather Dance / Eerie Impulse reducing the opponent's attack / special attack to -2.

:SV/Skeledirge: Skeledirge :SV/Skeledirge:

Skeledirge @ Throat Spray
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 212 HP / 20 Def / 76 SpA / 196 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Torch Song
- Shadow Ball
- Heat Wave
- Protect

There are many different sets of this Pokemon. The most popular being the Bulky - Fairy Slack Off / Unaware designed to punish Dondozo users. Here is a set with Blaze / Throat Spray. The strategy being to hit very hard with Torch Song giving you a +1 in SpA + The activation of the Spray giving you in 1 turn a SpA at +2. Teracrystal Fire will allow you to hit harder and get rid of your Ghost type thus protecting you from Gholdengo / Hydreigon.

:SV/Tauros-Paldea-Water: Tauros-Paldea-Water :SV/Tauros-Paldea-Water:

Tauros-Paldea-Water @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 244 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Raging Bull
- Wave Crash
- Protect

A Tauros Offensive set with Intimidate. His moveset will allow you to do very big damage. Raging Bull will be a Water-type attack (depending on the type of Tauros) and will break the protective barriers of Grimmsnarl teams.

:SV/Tinkaton: Tinkaton :SV/Tinkaton:

Tinkaton @ Assault Vest
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 244 HP / 116 Atk / 140 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Gigaton Hammer
- Knock Off
- Feint

A Pokémon very little known in VGC but it is nonetheless a very useful Pokémon. He is a very good Fake out user with his base speed of 94, he goes very well with Kilowattrel who will put the Tailwind. It also has Feint which combines very well with Tailwind preventing the opponent from protecting themselves and therefore being knocked out by our allied Pokemon.

:SV/Toedscruel: Toedscruel :SV/Toedscruel:

Toedscruel @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Mycelium Might
EVs: 244 HP / 244 Def / 12 SpA / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Trick Room
- Spore
- Earth Power
- Rage Powder

Toedscruel is there to place the Trick Room. He is Max HP / Max Defense and has the sitrus berry. Its Water Teracrystal will be able to protect you from Fire & Flying Pokémon.

You can play this team in two different ways :
  • Tailwind Road : :Kilowattrel: + :Tinkaton: ( Lead ) + :Baxcalibur: :Tauros-Paldea-Water: / :Skeledirge:
  • Trick Room Road : :Tinkaton: + :Toedscruel: ( Lead ) + :Baxcalibur: + :Skeledirge:
This team is difficult to play and not at all suitable for beginners or players with little experience. Advisor for Player Level 1500+.

( The creator will play with this team from episode 1 to 5 )

Pokepast -->
https://pokepast.es/d97d75d6d5487822

:Baxcalibur: :Kilowattrel: :Skeledirge: Good Luck ! :Tauros-Paldea-Water: :Tinkaton: :Toedscruel:

As all VGC fans have heard of it there was an event that caused a lot of ink to flow so today we are going to come back to not 1, but 2 TEAMS to use for this event and see more details of what we speak.

He are in December 11, 2022 when the 9th Generation of Pokémon has just been released and players are beginning to understand and incorporate the metagame one of the very best players in the world with a more than impressive record Wolf Glick decides to challenge another Legend of the VGC also winner of the biggest competition and 2 times USA Champion - Aaron Zheng. A match that will remain in the history books because in less than 2 days it has already been watched by more than 500,000 players, a breathtaking performance for a Bo3 out of an official competition.

To better understand this incredible " tour de force " we will dive into details on the teams used by its two champions and how to use them. Don't forget either that it's a team made for the Bo3 and its necessarily very different from the Bulldozer teams that you use in a tournament on a simulator or in a friendly match at home with your friends.

:BW/Zangoose: Wolf Glick Team :BW/Zangoose:

:SV/Orthworm: Orthworm :SV/Orthworm:

Orthworm @ Leftovers
Ability: Earth Eater
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Shed Tail
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Protect

This Pokémon has a very useful talent Earth Eater : if the Pokémon is hit by a Ground ability, it takes no damage and regains 1/4 HP instead. He also has a very very very useful attack : Shed Tail - Like Cloning, Shed Tail makes a clone appear, while sacrificing half of his life points. the Pokémon is automatically removed to be replaced by another Pokémon from the team under this clone. This Pokémon is actually present as a support for the team. This Pokémon has a very bad basic attack but it is excellent defensively and with the arrival of Gen 8 it has introduced the Big Splash move : inflicts damage calculated according to the caster's Defense instead of its Attack. and this will revolutionize defensive Pokémon into a war machine. Iron Defense + Body Press will do good damage to the opponent. Leftovers are there to regain HP and stay on the field a little longer. You can play it TeraCrystal Fire / Fairy in our case Fairy in view of the large number of Hydreigon.

:SV/Garchomp: Garchomp :SV/Garchomp:

Garchomp @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Stomping Tantrum

Garchomp goes very well with Orthworm and his talent that if he is hit by a ground type attack he will regain 1 / 4 HP and that's good because Garchomp has Earthquake which is a very good destructive and useful movement for ourselves. He is Choice Band and Teracrystal Ground STAB to do huge damage to the opponent.

:SV/Kilowattrel: Kilowattrel :SV/Kilowattrel:

@ Focus Sash
Ability: Competitive
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Air Slash
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

This Pokémon has one of the fastest speed bases of Gen 9 allowing you in most cases to put the Tailwind in 1st (Excluding pokémon like Murkrow = Prankster or Talonflame = Gale Wings). He also has 3 very useful talents. In our case it is playing with Competitive (The Special Attack is increased by 2 as soon as an opponent lowers one of his stats. ) which will be very useful to us against the many Arcanine present in the format. Air Slash + Thunderbolt will benefit from +50% STAB (125 + 30% Flinch) / (140 + 10% Para).

:SV/Quaquaval: Quaquaval :SV/Quaquaval:

Quaquaval @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Aqua Step
- Brave Bird
- Detect

This little-known Pokémon in the world has a double type (Water / Fighting) Good Offensively & Defensively as well as good basic statistics. Aqua Step ( Boost by +1 Speed ) + Moxie ( +1 Atk every Pokémon KO ) performs a hidden Dragon Dance. He is playing with the Teracrystal Flying allowing him not to be hit by EQ Garchomp and can hit very hard with Brave Bird.

:SV/Sylveon: Sylveon :SV/Sylveon:

Sylveon @ Throat Spray
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 164 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Yawn
- Hyper Voice
- Tera Blast
- Protect

Sylveon has a very useful talent Pixilate: It transforms any Normal-type movement into Fairy, which in turn made it take advantage of its STAB and will do enormous damage to the opponent. Throat Spray will boost his special attack +1 making him a real threat to the opponent. Its speed distribution will allow it to overtake Maushold-Four under tailwind. His Teracrystal Fire will allow him to resist Steel-type attacks (his weakness).

:SV/Ceruledge: Ceruledge :SV/Ceruledge:

Ceruledge @ Clear Amulet
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Tera Blast
- Bitter Blade
- Shadow Sneak
- Protect

It is played Max Atk with the Clear Amulet preventing all pokemon with the intimidation talent from reducing its attack power. His Teracrystal Grass will allow him to cancel the many weaknesses that his double type imposes on him (Ground / Rock / Water).

Pokepast : https://pokepast.es/fa999139d88b65ab

:Orthworm: :Garchomp: :Kilowattrel: :Quaquaval: :Sylveon: :Ceruledge:

In view of his confrontation against Wolf Glick, Aaron Zheng decided to trust another player and borrow his team. This team was created by FedeCampoVGC who won a Multiple championship in Italy and Currently one of the best players in the World on S/V.

:BW/Seviper: Aaron Zheng Team :BW/Seviper:

Gholdengo @ Choice Specs
EVs: 108 HP / 100 Def / 132 SpA / 4 SpD / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

A Gholdengo set with the Choice Specs. Its distribution in EV being very complicated I am unfortunately not able to detail why there is so much here and there (Apart from the creator who speaks Italian which is not my case ^^") but this set is there to hit strong and seriously hurt the opponent.It will pair very well with Hydreigon and Murkrow. Murkrow can negate the stat drop with Haze for Draco Meteor & Make It Rain attacks.

:SV/Murkrow: Murkrow :SV/Murkrow:

Murkrow @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpD
Bold Nature
- Haze
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Tailwind

Murkrow takes a very important place in VGC 2023 with his talent Prankster + Tailwind that's why you have to play him. Haze will be able to remove boosts from Pokémon such as Dondozo and Taunt will be able to block trap setters. His Teracrystal Ghost exists to prevent Fake outs guaranteeing you 100% Tailwind. Murkrow is usually played in Lead but can also come in handy later in the game if you're playing VS Dondozo. This set is bulkier than its original sets allowing it to stay in the game longer.

:DP/Dragonite: Dragonite :DP/Dragonite:

Dragonite @ Assault Vest
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Low Kick
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

A set with Assault Vest making it a little more bulky and free than with the Choice Band set. It obviously hits less hard but will allow you to hit a larger number of Pokemon without being stuck on Extreme Speed.
:SV/Hydreigon: Hydreigon :SV/Hydreigon:

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Heat Wave
- Protect

Hydreigon is one of the best Pokémon in the format. Here it is played with Heat Have / Teracrystal Fire unlike the other more common set Flash Cannon / Teracrystal Steel. He pairs very well with Murkrow who can remove his stat drop following Draco Meteor.

:SV/Ceruledge: Ceruledge :SV/Ceruledge:

Ceruledge @ Clear Amulet
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Atk / 60 Def / 12 SpD / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Tera Blast
- Bitter Blade
- Shadow Sneak

Ceruledge begins to find its place in the format while its alter ego Armarouge was already present. Flash Fire is a very useful talent that will protect you from Pokemon like Torkoal/Arcanine and any fire-type attacks more generally. It's a bulky set. The strategy is to set up with Bulk up then regain your energy with Bitter Blade. Shadow Sneak STAB will knock out some low HP Pokemon or do damage to the opponent. His Teracrystal Grass will protect you from Pokémon Water. Clear Amulet will prevent any stat drops from Arcanine.

:DP/Gengar: Gengar :DP/Gengar:

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Hypnosis
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Icy Wind

Gengar has been an excellent Pokémon since Gen 1 and it didn't have to rule in Gen 9. Shadow Ball & Sludge Bomb will do extreme damage and benefit from STAB. Shadow Ball will punish the Gholdengo ( Warning !! players will have to Teracrystal to avoid doing this OHKO so you can trap some ). Icy Wind will allow you to reduce the opponent's speed & Hypnosis is not apparently a sure value move but will allow you to get out of certain situations if you are in difficulty (A little casino roulette on your enemy) ( 60% chance to hit ). His Teracrystal Flying is present to imitate his old forms (which have levitation) and protect you from ground-type attacks like Earthquake that the very many Garchomp or your Dragonite will inflict on you.

Pokepast --> https://pokepast.es/49dc6a4b9ed1b4d8

:Gholdengo: :Murkrow: :Dragonite: :Hydreigon: :Ceruledge: :Gengar:

Last edited:
Today we are going to study a team created by one of the best player in the world: Aroon Trayler.

:SV/Tatsugiri: The Team :SV/Dondozo:

:SV/Tatsugiri: Tatsugiri :SV/Tatsugiri:

Tatsugiri @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Commander
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Muddy Water
- Icy Wind
- Soak

:SV/Dondozo: Dondozo :SV/Dondozo:

Dondozo @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 132 SpD / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Order Up
- Earthquake
- Wave Crash

:SV/Sylveon: Sylveon :SV/Sylveon:

Sylveon @ Throat Spray
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Yawn
- Hyper Voice
- Quick Attack
- Protect

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Tailwind

Armarouge @ Safety Goggles
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 4 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trick Room
- Armor Cannon
- Psychic
- Wide Guard

Meowscarada @ Focus Sash
Ability: Overgrow
Adamant Nature
- Trick Room
- Flower Trick
- Knock Off
- Fake Tears

Exceptionally there will be no detailed explanation for the use of this team. I put you the link for the explanations of how to use this team tell in person by the champion and creator of this team. On the other hand, hold on tight, there's some for 30 minutes, so if you're really interested in it, you can give it your all. ^.^

Pokepast --> https://pokepast.es/acba5898ea10d9de

:Tatsugiri: :Dondozo: :Sylveon: Good Luck ! :Hydreigon: :Armarouge: :Meowscarada:

Today we are going to study a Hail team which won a tournament against more than 200 participants. It was created by a player named Atmospherevgc.

:DP/Abomasnow: The Team :SV/Cetitan:

:SV/Abomasnow: Abomasnow :SV/Abomasnow:
Abomasnow @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 172 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Blizzard
- Energy Ball
- Protect

Abomasnow has a key role for Cetitan because it activates the hail multiplying by 2 the speed of Cetitan. It has a Speed EV distribution of 76 allowing Out Speed under Tailwind Pokémon like Maushold-Four and all that has a lower speed (-111) and we also have Tailwind with Hydreigon. He is Max SpA / The rest is invested in Bulk but Abomasnow essentially has two roles to play : Activate Hail for Cetitan & Activate Aurora Veil. Once Aurora Veil activates Pokémon like : Cetitan / Armarouge / Hydreigon / Annihililape will be able to fully express their power capital without being worried.

:SV/Cetitan: Cetitan :SV/Cetitan:

Cetitan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 204 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Liquidation
- Icicle Crash
- Heavy Slam

A somewhat special set from Cetitan because it does not have a lot of investment in Speed (36 EV Speed) not allowing it even under Tailwind to exceed Choice Scarf Pokémon, but its talent is quite different. He is Max Atk / Max SpD and with this distribution he will be able to tank a Gholdengo / Make It Rain / Choice Specs / Modest BUT ONLY IF AURORA VEIL IS ACTIVE !! Without it's OHKO and you will need Teracrystal Water. His moveset will allow you to hit a lot of things very hard in the format. The Teracrystal will allow you to cancel your weakness to the Fire / Steel Pokémon.

Armarouge @ Safety Goggles
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 4 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trick Room
- Expanding Force
- Armor Cannon
- Wide Guard

Armarouge takes full advantage of its power if you choose the Trick Room option with Indeedee. He is of a modest nature allowing him to hit very hard with Expanding Force under the PSY field. Wide Guard will protect you from moves that will hit the whole court like Earthquake / Rock Slide / Heat Have ect...

:SV/Indeedee: Indeedee :SV/Indeedee:

Indeedee-F @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Follow Me
- Helping Hand
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect

A Support set with Dazzling Gleam. Teracrystal Fairy will allow you to protect yourself from Hydreigon Dark Pulse and you can take revenge behind. Helping Hand will allow Armarouge to pulverize the opponent with Expanding Force / Armor Canon.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Tera Blast
- Tailwind

A Hydreigon Life Orb / Tailwind / Tera Poison allowing you to surprise and punish the Sylveon. The rest is fairly standard, place the Tailwind and hit very hard.

Annihilape @ Lum Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 60 Atk / 12 Def / 4 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Rage Fist
- Drain Punch
- Protect

Annihilape is another Key Pokemon on the team alongside Abomasnow as it is the one that will best benefit Aurora Veil with Bulk Up. His investment in Speed (196) allows him to Out Speed Max Speed Breeloom / Other Annihiliape and the Lum Berry will prevent any status issues. Bulk Up / Rage Fist will make him a formidable opponent who will stay on the field for a long time. (For more information please refer to the other guide present --> Annihilape Guide

You have Differents Options for this team :

Trick Room : You can lead Indeedee ( :Indeedee: )+ Armarouge ( :Armarouge: ) / Follow Me + Trick Room | Helping Hand + Expanding force ( PSY Field ) or Armor Canon with Abomasnow ( :Abomasnow: ) + Annihilape ( :Annihilape: ) .​
Hail Option : Abomasnow ( :Abomasnow: ) ( Aurora Veil ) + Annihilape ( :Annihilape: ) ( Bulk Up Strat ) + Cetitan ( :Cetitan: ) ( Also work with Trick Room )​
Tailwind : Hydreigon ( :Hydreigon: ) ( Tailwind ) + Indeedee ( :Indeedee:) ( Follow me )​
Trick Room + Tailwind : A strategy that consists of confusing the opponent because it will not be if you go Trick Room Armarouge ( :Armarouge: ) or Tailwind Hydreigon ( :Hydreigon: ) . ( Pro Player ONLY Hard Mind Game ).
This team is quite difficult to play because it has 3 different combat formats: Weather / Trick Room / Tailwind. I only recommend this team to players who have reached a rank higher than 1500 / 1600.

For all the additional and technical explanations, put the link to the creator's video explaining in more detail how the team works. (30 mins)

:Abomasnow: :Cetitan: :Indeedee-F: Good Luck :Armarouge: :Hydreigon: :Annihilape:

Today we are going to the USA to hunt for one of the most powerful Rain teams that can exist at this day. Take out your umbrella and your boots because the wind of victory is blowing very strongly.

This team was created by a player named DimondMoreThan5 (Joshua Dimond) who managed to qualify for the rank of Top 16 / 465.

https://victoryroadvgc.com/vr-welcome-paldea/

:SV/Pelipper: The Team :SV/Drednaw:

:BW/Pelipper: Pelipper :BW/Pelipper:

Pelipper @ Focus Sash
Ability: Drizzle
Timid Nature
- Wide Guard
- Hurricane
- Hydro Pump
- Tailwind

Pelipper is the team support that will bring the rain down. A fairly classic set but this time if it has a very useful move: Wide Guard. Wide Guard will allow you to protect yourself from attacks like ( Gholdengo - Make It Rain ) / ( Garchomp - Rock Slide ) ect ect... Pelipper is excellent in the rain because it also allows you to control the speed with Tailwind and the rain benefits also for Hurricane - 100% accuracy - STAB - Tera | Hydro Pump ( 120 ) - Rain - STAB - | A Pokémon clearly not overlooked.

:SV/Drednaw: Drednaw :SV/Drednaw:

Drednaw @ Clear Amulet
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 12 HP / 196 Atk / 4 Def / 108 SpD / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Spinner
- Waterfall
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Drednaw has existed since the 8th Generation and despite him he has only appeared very few times in VGC... A fate that is also reserved for him in Gen 9 but let's try to see in more detail what this Pokémon is capable of. Its fairly varied moveset allows it to easily adapt to the opponent, Ice Spinner is very useful for punishing all the many Dragon-type pokemon. Its Speed distribution (188) + its Adamant nature allows it to Out Speed ALL pokemon under the RAIN even of the ultra-fast Scarf choices, hence its importance as a Lead to threaten the opponent. Its Water-type Teracrystal will OHKO certain Pokémon (Waterfall + Rain + STAB + Tera). Clear Amulet will prevent any stat drop to leave it at full power.

:SV/Tsareena: Tsareena :SV/Tsareena:

Tsareena @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 92 HP / 196 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Trop Kick
- Play Rough
- Low Sweep

A set with Choice Scarf essentially present to counter Garchomp who is a real threat to the team (Drednaw - KingGambit - Toxtricity). Teracrystal Fairy will punish this threat very severely as well as dragon threats. A useful talent and a move set that can do damage on all levels.

:SV/Kingambit: Kingambit :SV/Kingambit:

Kingambit @ Assault Vest
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 12 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brick Break
- Iron Head
- Kowtow Cleave
- Sucker Punch

Its Teracrystal allows you to avoid all ground-type attacks. He is playing with the Assault Vest and his role is to do huge damage to everything in front of him.

:SV/Toxtricity: Toxtricity :SV/Toxtricity:
Toxtricity @ Choice Specs
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 68 HP / 36 Def / 220 SpA / 44 SpD / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Sludge Bomb
- Overdrive
- Hex

A set with Choice Specs + Punk Rock. Punk Rock halves sound based attacks & boosts your sound based attack power by 1.3. Hex will pair very well with Will-o-Wisp. The first strategy being Boomrust. Boomrust / Choice Specs + Tera Normal will pulverize enemies and additionally Sableye will be immune to your attacks. A deadly duo if you play it as the right time.

:SV/Sableye: Sableye :SV/Sableye:

Sableye @ Wide Lens
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fake Out
- Quash
- Snarl
- Will-O-Wisp

A very difficult Pokémon to play perfectly due to its complexity to understand it and know what to play when. He takes on a supporting role for the team but can all threaten the opponent offensively with Fake Out & Will-o-Wisp as well. Wide Lens will allow more optimal accuracy for Will-o-Wisp + Snarl. Quash pairs very well with KingGambit or that way you won't have to worry about KingGambit's low speed.

Different game options :

Classic Rain :
:Pelipper: + :Drednaw: + :Toxtricity: + :Sableye:

Surprise Classic Rain : :Tsareena: ( U-Turn ) + :Drednaw: + :Pelipper: + :Kingambit:

Punk Duo : :Toxtricity: + :Sableye: + :Kingambit: + :Tsareena:

A Rain team that can be difficult to play for beginners, I recommend this team to players of level 1400 and above.

Pokepast --> https://pokepast.es/cac7acc92d352810

:Pelipper: :Drednaw: :Tsareena: Good Luck ! :Kingambit: :Sableye: :Toxtricity:

Last edited:

After finding Rain and Hail teams it's time to go to the Italian desert to find a SAND team. This team is currently the strongest Sand to date and won the Pokegathering 4 in Milan, the first italian S1 VGC event and the biggest one in Europe at the moment.

This team was created by an Italian player named BanVgc (Andrea Olea).

:SV/Tyranitar: The Team :SV/Lycanroc:

:DP/Tyranitar: Tyranitar :DP/Tyranitar:

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Tera Blast
- Ice Punch
- Rock Slide
- Assurance

A unique Tyranitar set with Tera Blast / Ice Punch / Rock Slide / Assurance. Its Teracrystal Flying makes this Pokémon very very useful as it will be able to surprise and punish Annihilap Pokémon (As well as any weak Flying-type Pokémon) with Tera Blast inflicting very high damage on them. Ice Punch will be able to punish the Garchomp. Rock Slide & Insurance takes advantage of STAB and its attacks will be able to finish off Pokémon already damaged by Lycanroc. Assault Vest will allow you to tank a Make It Rain Gholdengo.

:SV/Lycanroc: Lycanroc :SV/Lycanroc:

Lycanroc @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Endeavor
- Rock Slide
- Endure

This Pokemon is very interesting. With his base speed of 112 he can Out Speed Maushold-Four Max Speed which will allow you to inflict a huge Close Combat on him. His Teracrystal Ghost will allow him to avoid having his Focus Sash broken by Fake Out and completely block Maushold-Four. Close Combat / Rock Slide will do a lot of damage. Endure will allow you to survive even once your Focus Sash to stall the opponent Tailwind or Lycanroc serve as expendable Pokemon afterwards. Endeavoar will allow you to put very difficult Pokémon to beat like Dondozo Set Up at 1HP then Tyranitar and his Sand Storm will inflict the final blow on him making a huge threat a very small grain of sand.

:DP/Rotom-Heat: Rotom-Heat :DP/Rotom-Heat:

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Specs
EVs: 84 HP / 172 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat

A Choice Specs Rotom-Heat that will inflict massive damage on the Gholdengo (most of which is its TeraCrystal Steel playing). Its Speed will allow it to Volt Switch easily & Trick will block random Pokémon.

Annihilape @ Choice Scarf
Tera Type: Fighting
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Shadow Claw
- Brick Break
- Final Gambit

The classic set with Choice Scarf. This Pokémon is not destined to stay on the field for long, but its presence will do a lot of damage. Shadow Claw STAB / Brick Break to break Grimmsnarl wards.

:SV/Dondozo: Dondozo :SV/Dondozo:

Dondozo @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 44 HP / 84 Atk / 4 Def / 124 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rest
- Order Up
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

A Dondozo set a little more bulky than the other Dondozo sets that we are used to seeing. It has Rest / Order Up / Earthquake / Sleep Talk ( Common Bulky sets are played with Substitute + Protect ). This set will not be punished by Amoonguss' Will-o-Wisp & Spore and will allow it to stay on the field for eternity as a Defensive Pokémon while dealing damage with Earthquake / Order Up.

:SV/Tatsugiri: Tatsugiri :SV/Tatsugiri:

Tatsugiri @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Commander
EVs: 100 HP / 212 Def / 28 SpA / 84 SpD / 84 Spe
Calm Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Muddy Water
- Icy Wind
- Protect

A Bulky set with a rather special EV distribution of which we will have no more information from the creator... Icy Wind will allow you to control the speed. The sitrus berry will allow him to stay longer in the field.

Differents combat options :

- Sand Classic :
:Tyranitar: +:Lycanroc:+:Dondozo: + :Tatsugiri:

- Sand Version 2 : :Tyranitar: +:Lycanroc: + :Rotom-Heat: + :Annihilape:

- Reverse Sand Final Gambit : :Rotom-Heat: + :Annihilape: ( Final Gambit ) + :Tyranitar: +:Lycanroc:

- Hard Lead ( Only Pro Player ) : :Dondozo: + :Tatsugiri: + ( Pokemon of your choice vs the team )

Pokegathering Final Firaja VS AxeVGC :

Pokepast : https://pokepast.es/f77ac43e3907b586

:Tyranitar: :Lycanroc: :Rotom-Heat: Good Luck ! :Annihilape: :Dondozo: :Tatsugiri:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)