SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Why would you make Gholdengo

That's it, that's the question. Just... why.
It's a good pokemon, panic

I think it's abundantly clear that GF's idea of content is to "make it take longer". Need more Apriballs? Grind for that 1% chance of them dropping from the Cram-o-matic. Need a specific TR? Only drops from a specific den and only a few mons in said den, and only rare type. Need questing? Make it something boring that requires you to walk across the entire map several times. Total game time is now at 30 hours, and so game is good.

To be fair to GF, it's quite understandable to default to that. Having designed a lot of quests myself, it takes a lot of effort to make content engaging and meaningful such that the player wants to interact with it. It's far easier to do something basic like "collect X, kill Y, go to Z" at varying levels of difficulty. And, players might be bored out of their minds but they're probably going to be able to follow/do it without much struggle, so you don't have to be worried about comprehension. Combine that with GF's tight development cycle, low staff, and juggling the creative inputs of various leads, and it's understandable. Though, not excusable - I have one brain cell so if I can do it, so can GF:smogduck:.
See, to an extent since they're frankly way too rare, I understand stuff like Apricorn balls being needlessly stupid to obtain. It's just flavor stuff at the end of the day. Annoying to be sure, but....fine, whatever.
And honestly I wouldn't care that the Herba Mystica are exclusive to Raids like that. Sandwiches are a side thing and it's jsut for fun.

But one of the more "central" side quests requires a specific one! It's so awful. At least let me go beat up the titans one more time to get a freebie.

Meanwhile Gholdengo is just obnoxious. That's an actual Pokemon you're evolving right there; doing it once is a commitment but it's kind of cute. Doing it multiple times if you want more for any reason, is bad. Spiritomb "got away" with this back in the day just because it's something you can breed. At least if you just want to commit to one you can use all the easily available battle stuff.

Also I think especially the past 2 games it comes down to wanting it to be akin to a service game. Just keep grinding the raids, boyo. I dont think development issues or anything comes down to it, this is all by extremely purposeful design that would happen even if it was a 6 year dev time game.

It is, what people are complaining (and I can't disagree) is the fact that it *consumes* the 999 coins and you have to get them again if you wan't a second one.
If it was "get them once then any Gimmighoul can evolve" it wouldn't be a issue, would be a ok mini sidequest.
Absolute insanity, what kind of moron thought that was a good idea?

Absolute insanity, what kind of moron thought that was a good idea?
The same that thought to design very complex raids that require specific setups to beat, and are mandatory to beat to obtain one of the most important items of the game, but also thought to not give any way to filter who joins so you fail 80% of them due to either people coming with level 60s, bringing fucking Garchomp to a Baxcalibur raid, and waste over 5 hours between throws, idiots and the game being a technical disaster not helping.

Yes i'm salty about 5-6 star raids, how did you tell?

The same that thought to design very complex raids that require specific setups to beat, and are mandatory to beat to obtain one of the most important items of the game, but also thought to not give any way to filter who joins so you fail 80% of them due to either people coming with level 60s, bringing fucking Garchomp to a Baxcalibur raid, and waste over 5 hours between throws, idiots and the game being a technical disaster not helping.

Watch a random store be carrying Ability Patches in the DLC area.

You know it's coming. Khu even said there was a "PkHex-lite" function in the DLC, so if y'all ain't paying attention, did you notice that EVs and getting HAs are the only things that aren't that streamlined to adjust in-game?

Tbh, I can't say I like how they handled the raids. I barely even notice what's going on with the rest of the crew tbh. It really feels like a 1v1 with extra steps.

I think Ability Patches are just always going to be super rare and/or super expensive (reminder that it took 200 Dynite Ore to obtain one in SWSH)
If there's an "easier" way to get them in DLC it will probably be with 3 asterisks.

And yet this is still better than the inexplicable series-wide rarity of the PP Max...

Watch a random store be carrying Ability Patches in the DLC area.
I think Ability Patches are just always going to be super rare and/or super expensive (reminder that it took 200 Dynite Ore to obtain one in SWSH)
If there's an "easier" way to get them in DLC it will probably be with 3 asterisks.
Oh that's 100% happening. But in best scenario, DLCs will be in almost a year, and until then I'm kinda stuck with these.

Well good thing the duplication glitch is a thing :|

And yet this is still better than the inexplicable series-wide rarity of the PP Max...
At least this time we can finally just buy PP Ups and be done with it.

It is, what people are complaining (and I can't disagree) is the fact that it *consumes* the 999 coins and you have to get them again if you wan't a second one.
If it was "get them once then any Gimmighoul can evolve" it wouldn't be a issue, would be a ok mini sidequest.
I can confirm this insanity. My Gimmighoul Coins are gone after getting Gholdengo. Trash game design.

Oh that's 100% happening. But in best scenario, DLCs will be in almost a year, and until then I'm kinda stuck with these.

Well good thing the duplication glitch is a thing :|
You say duplication glitch, I say use a bot on Discord to just give it to you once all that jazz gets sorted :psysly:

Light over on WiFi is currently running the bot for SwSh items. And, before Anubis was running the bot for the longest time. No patches unfortunately, people were farming them for profit/trade material so we can't have nice things. But there are other bots online which can provide them for SwSh atm, and SV will probably be arriving within the next couple of months.

Some people might take issue, but while GF's game design remains asinine-ly about artificial scarcity as content I think it's justified. :blobshrug:

You say duplication glitch, I say use a bot on Discord to just give it to you once all that jazz gets sorted :psysly:

Light over on WiFi is currently running the bot for SwSh items. And, before Anubis was running the bot for the longest time. No patches unfortunately, people were farming them for profit/trade material so we can't have nice things. But there are other bots online which can provide them for SwSh atm, and SV will probably be arriving within the next couple of months.

Some people might take issue, but while GF's game design remains asinine-ly about artificial scarcity as content I think it's justified. :blobshrug:
Eh I mean, once Home is functional, I'm just bringing over all my things from SwSh so at that point I don't really need these anymore...

I've managed to acquire *most* necessary HAs already from raids either ways, but I'm still somewhat annoyed at the thing.

Plus, there's the fact that no matter what, candies from raid are the fastest way to level up pokes, and I kinda want them o.o
Expecially as some mons for some godforsaken reason learn skills at level 80+...

Rematches are so weird in this game
You can refight all the Star bosses once a day
You can refight all the gym leaders.....once, as part of the post game story
You can't refight 2 of the elite four at all
You CAN fight a third one.....once, because of a technicality.
CAN refight Geeta
You can fight (for the first time (except the one that's an e4)) all the faculty and then endlessly refight them in the little tournament thing
You can refight your friends in the same tourney as much as you want
But the tourney is random and you can't choose someone to always show up

at least give me more Poppy lore!

Rematches are so weird in this game
You can refight all the Star bosses once a day
You can refight all the gym leaders.....once, as part of the post game story
You can't refight 2 of the elite four at all
You CAN fight a third one.....once, because of a technicality.
CAN refight Geeta
You can fight (for the first time (except the one that's an e4)) all the faculty and then endlessly refight them in the little tournament thing
You can refight your friends in the same tourney as much as you want
But the tourney is random and you can't choose someone to always show up

at least give me more Poppy lore!
I'm almost certain that re-matching the Gym Leaders and Elite Four was something they cut out to put in the DLC like the Galarian Star Tournament. Several of the Gym Leaders mention wanting to fight you again after the rematch, but there is no opportunity to do so in the base game.

If so, that's kind of frustrating that even something as basic as that was cut for time to be added back later, although I guess that's just the trend with most big games these days.

I'm almost certain that re-matching the Gym Leaders and Elite Four was something they cut out to put in the DLC like the Galarian Star Tournament. Several of the Gym Leaders mention wanting to fight you again after the rematch, but there is no opportunity to do so in the base game.
Even if that’s the case, I feel like the Gym Leaders/E4 could still have appeared in the Academy Ace Tournament. If you think of the hypothetical DLC rematches as equivalent to the Galarian Star Tournament, then the Academy Ace Tourney in the base game would be like SwSh’s regular rematch tournaments.

I guess the “in-story” reason why they don’t show up is that the Gym Leaders and Elite Four (other than Hassel) have nothing to do with the school, and so wouldn’t be partaking in the academy’s own tournament. But like… why not throw them in anyway just to pad out the roster of possible opponents? The DLC rematch system could still find a way to differentiate itself mechanically, like the Galarian Star Tournament did by consisting of Multi Battles instead of Singles.

(Mostly I just want a chance to battle the Elite Four with their proper music… :blobsad:)

(Btw does anyone know why Jacq and Dendra both seem to have two identical team listings for the Academy Tournament on Serebii? Is that just an error or is that in the actual game data?)

If so, that's kind of frustrating that even something as basic as that was cut for time to be added back later, although I guess that's just the trend with most big games these days.
I don't see it as a time constraint thing. Or even necessarily a "we're actively saving this as DLC" thing, though I'm sure they'll revisit the concept.

I know that with game development being what it is, and with Gamefreak being what it is, it's easy to throw everything under that bus.
But we've all been through the GameFreak rodeo and not everything can be laid at the feet of "if only they had more time....!". Sometimes they definitely just make their own weird decisions.

(Btw does anyone know why Jacq and Dendra both seem to have two identical team listings for the Academy Tournament on Serebii? Is that just an error or is that in the actual game data?)
It's an error on Serebii's part; his page is also missing Clavell's teams and I believe Geeta still gets to appear randomly.

I'm having trouble finding the answer anywhere; does Adaptability interact in any particular way with same-type Terastalising? Or is it basically moot?

Inb4 "better" ways are being gated behind the DLC. And then there will be something new that's a pain.

I'm completely ignorant to what these bots are but it seems like I need to educate myself on them. They seem pretty handy. ;)

Edit: I managed to dupe 6 moon and heavy balls last night but the dupe glitch can be a bit finicky so I don't recommend it unless you want to dupe rare balls or patches. And I need to get my hands on a patch but before that I need something capable to do high level raids with because right now I'm a hinderance.

Last edited:
I need something capable to do high level raids with because right now I'm a hinderance.
1669574851412.png
There is only one option.

Joking aside, I have seen Gholdengo perform well in high-level raids because the AI doesn't detect the Good as Gold ability and sometimes attempts to status you and fail multiple turns in a row. Not only that, but Nasty Plot / Metal Sound / Steel Beam / Recover is a set that I have seen work really well.

And I need to get my hands on a patch but before that I need something capable to do high level raids with because right now I'm a hinderance.
Honestly just getting a random Iron Hands and speccing it correctly is enough.

If you're on scarlet, another option is just leveling a defensive mon like Umbreon or Scream Tail and play support.
Prankster Grimmsnarl with fake tears and screens is also pretty comfy to use.

Also worth mentioning that while the raid shield blocks status moves, it won't stop stat drops from attacks that do damage, so Snarl / Spirit Break / Chilling Water are great tools on supportive mons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)