SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Kind of funny nobody ever mentioned the other reference to the "third legendary" aside from the one in the book: there's research notes in the final area that explicitly say "we believe it comes from the being [][][][][][][] and its hexagonal plates"

I knew my insistence on inspecting envrionmental details despite it mostly being frontloaded in your house would pay off!

I wonder how that even works. I can understand memory leaks causing performance issues because it mostly deals with loading assets (so it stutters trying to process it, it causes low poly models to stick around longer, thinks blip in & out of existence, etc) but only these two music pieces being affected strikes me as odd. It should hypothetically apply to all the songs and I would have figured when it DID affect things it would be more on par with the music stuttering or just not loading at all

not loading but only certain sound channels and only for 2 specific songs and no other sound effects.

Memory Leaks, very mysterious beings.
Ever since PLA, they added a loop point at the beginning of certain tracks because the music wouldn't pick up until both you and your opponent sent your mons out (Volo and the wardens are good examples of this). I'm guessing the memory leak in particular affects the E4 script because the music doesn't think you're past "__ wants to battle!" screen and is also prepping to load the dialogue. Iirc, the other significant battles in the game with in-game dialogue from your opponent (Nemona, end-game boss, rival battles) only have the one traditional loop point we're used to (the track doesn't wait for you to press A). This is just my speculation though.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Kind of funny nobody ever mentioned the other reference to the "third legendary" aside from the one in the book: there's research notes in the final area that explicitly say "we believe it comes from the being [][][][][][][] and its hexagonal plates"

I knew my insistence on inspecting envrionmental details despite it mostly being frontloaded in your house would pay off!
Out of curiosity: Are those brackets you used copied exactly from the in-game text? Because if so, this implies the third legend having a 7 letter name.

EDIT:
1669241859614.png

6 letters, actually!

Last edited:
Wait, you turned the Exp. Share off to grind!? :trode:

That's like wearing baking gloves at all times except to take out things out of the oven.
My starter was overleveled (but less so than it was after) :psygrump: and I was trying to grind up some of the weaker members of the team.

EDIT:
Speculation time.
Six letters isn't that many, and I would expect Tera to be somewhere in the name, but that only leaves two letters. :smogthink:

Out of curiosity: Are those brackets you used copied exactly from the in-game text? Because if so, this implies the third legend having a 7 letter name.

EDIT:
View attachment 467929
6 letters, actually!
yeah i was just paraphrasing and just put a bunch of brackets down to represent the blanks

I wonder how this lines up in other languages. Usually the legend names try to stay static, but you never know.

Speculation time.
Six letters isn't that many, and I would expect Tera to be somewhere in the name, but that only leaves two letters. :smogthink:
This also assumes the Legendary is being named directly in that report, as opposed to it perhaps being a code name like how Necrozma was known as "The Blinding One" or Eternatus as "The Darkest Day" (some places I see the title for the mon vs the event), or Zacian and Zamazenta having nicknames as Sword and Shield.

Granted this is a shorter name than any of those titles, being a single word, but it's one consideration for how "Tera" could be involved by being in its "title" rather than its actual species name.

I know Game Freak giveth and Game Freak taketh away and all that, but I'm really wanting to smack whoever's idea it was to remove quick-swapping your party Pokémon's held items, and especially whoever's idea it was to remove the ability to quick-jump through item lists by pressing left/right on the D-Pad. These long item inventories are just the worst.

This also assumes the Legendary is being named directly in that report, as opposed to it perhaps being a code name like how Necrozma was known as "The Blinding One" or Eternatus as "The Darkest Day" (some places I see the title for the mon vs the event), or Zacian and Zamazenta having nicknames as Sword and Shield.

Granted this is a shorter name than any of those titles, being a single word, but it's one consideration for how "Tera" could be involved by being in its "title" rather than its actual species name.
The researchers named Koraidon as well so I'm guessing they named this thing too. So it's probably meant as an actual name.

Anyway these 3 things keep coming up about it:
-the Tera connection
-The hexagonal shell
-shaped like a disk

Not to mention the implication of relation to imagination or (as the characters see it) time

So there's lots of ways to take it. For all we know it may not even be named after "tera" in particular.

I know Game Freak giveth and Game Freak taketh away and all that, but I'm really wanting to smack whoever's idea it was to remove quick-swapping your party Pokémon's held items, and especially whoever's idea it was to remove the ability to quick-jump through item lists by pressing left/right on the D-Pad. These long item inventories are just the worst.
It also makes going through the pokedex a giant pain in the ass. Doubly so because the sort options don't save your place.

SIDE NOTE
the whole "can't move groups of pokemon into the All Box menu" thing I honestly think is like. A glitch?? Because when you highlight everything the "Search" box disables (as expected) but you can still drag things over the "All Boxes" option it just doesnt do anything. It doesnt even give an error noise telling you you cant do it it just doesnt react at all.

by the way the first option is still in. Go into the Bag, hit ZL. It will let you move/swap the items around your party.

Welp. This fella totally fell in Area Zero as a meteor.

Game Freak's good old lore excuse, "outer space"
I mean, like.
It's a giant crater so this was my first thought the milisecond we saw the map.

Maybe there'll be a little twist and it's actually been beneath the earth from the start and a meteor just woke it up (so to speak)

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I mean, like.
It's a giant crater so this was my first thought the milisecond we saw the map.

Maybe there'll be a little twist and it's actually been beneath the earth from the start and a meteor just woke it up (so to speak)
Ah yes, the three genders

- Came from a Meteor (Mega Stones)
- Was woken up by a Meteor (Tera bro)
- Is the meteor (Deoxys)

Has it been confirmed that Synchronize no longer works outside of battle?
So I was searching for this - but apparently Synchronize’s nature effect no longer applies - which is sad. I like having all of my Pokémon as “natural” as possible.

just used a timid Synchronize Kirlia to catch an Iron Bundle and it was Naive.. so I’d say it’s gone which is totally fucking stupid considering it’s been a staple effect since Gen III. Unless they’ve rolled it back to Gen III’s effect of it being 50% and I was just unlucky.

I don't know if this was posted before, but I noticed that if you put a Power item on a pokemon, it will only gain the EVs from the item as long as it doesn't battle. I don't know if it works with Let's Go battles.
I had to read this five times just to make sure I hadn't misread it. You're saying it doesn't proc if you battle, but only if you don't? Why is that?

I don't know if this was posted before, but I noticed that if you put a Power item on a pokemon, it will only gain the EVs from the item as long as it doesn't battle. I don't know if it works with Let's Go battles.
That’s not true? I spent last night EV training using Power Items for all 6 party members and they all gained the relevant EVs

That’s not true? I spent last night EV training using Power Items for all 6 party members and they all gained the relevant EVs
You're right. I fought an asston of Chansey and something slowly got HP EVs that I didn't notice. Maybe it had something to do with the EV reducing berries telling me that there was nothing to reduce whenever I fought something that gave EVs I wanted to get rid of.

E: It actually tells you when you zero out the stat now instead of you having to waste another berry!

does anyone know if Sparkling Power works on eggs?

I found a sparkling 3, title 3, egg power 3 recipe while trying to find a use for non-salty herba mystica (since the 'perfect' shiny hunting recipes all use salty for the most part) and am wondering if there's any point to that

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Tbh if not for the fact that weird egg orb thing over there obviously nothing to do w Cyclizar and we know its 6 letters, "Teraidon" would've fit rather nicely as the Terastal legendary to close off the raidons. I doubt its the case given what we do know of the third legendary so far, but would be a neat name.

does anyone know if Sparkling Power works on eggs?

I found a sparkling 3, title 3, egg power 3 recipe while trying to find a use for non-salty herba mystica (since the 'perfect' shiny hunting recipes all use salty for the most part) and am wondering if there's any point to that
It only works for wild encounters. Sorry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)