SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Perhaps it's just a conspiracy in my head but while I'm thankful for the changes you mentioned that they do make because they listened it sometimes feels like they limit themselves to a "quota" of changes they can allow and if they go over it they have to take away something else.

Which is why people often say it's one step forward etc.
From my perspective at least, I agree with this a bit but I also feel it isn’t a “quota” or anything like that. It’s the nature of Pokémon’s development structure. Each game is a test for what will be in the next one, they constantly want to move forward. That’s why changes are smaller, but built up quickly. They go into development of these games with the perspective that they’ll have a next one soon after. So they make smaller changes (to prevent things from being unfamiliar) based on feedback from the major community sections. You can disagree with this system of course, I know I certainly do, but I think understanding game freak’s perspective is worthwhile.

Now now, it's actually a fun game I promise.
I’m sure it works for other people, but it’s really antithetical to how I play mons.

I invest a lot of time into raising and ribboning a single mon. I rarely catch mons unless it’s for breeding purposes (and those are either boxed or discarded due to limited space). For me, it’s all about the journey.

Legends fundamental game loop is literally all about catching more and more mons until you collapse Hisuis ecosystem into a black hole. That’s just not appealing to me at all. For some people that works, but not for me. And that’s perfectly alright, different strokes for different folks and all. But it’s why I didn’t pick up the game.

I will have to pick up the game however, since I can’t really trade someone 200 Pokémon to just get a ribbon for me. But that’s probably going to be the upper limit for me. Hopefully the second hand prices are nice and low now lol.

50%. I've seen it myself.

H-Samurott will be scary if Razor Shell made it and is a cutting move.

Its signature move is already good enough to push it to some viability.
It already is a cutting move iirc. It was on the list last time I checked lol.

112.5 Liquidation (but better) and 97.5 Night Slash that drops Spikes. My boy was cracked a few hundred years ago :totodiLUL:

Worldie, are you trying to set up snow with these jokes? :totodiLUL:
Crap, you found out my Slowking cosplay

Oh hey, that's nice... Wait, is that a Dawn Stone!? :zonger:
To be fair you don't need to go that far and if you loot all the random things from the ground you may end up with one or two of these without even trying.
Incidentally I havent found any Dusk stone though... rip my Honchkrow hop-- ah I can just catch a wild one anyway.

Frontier DLC, you heard it here first folks, no bullshit riddles, I'm giving it to y'all straight from my time machine.
To be fair, I actually see that as a realistic option and not just regular COPIUM.

Like, maybe not a fully fledged battle tree or mansion or whatever, but something a bit simpler like Restricted Sparring.

Speaking from ""logic""...
Right now, the game kinda lacks a postgame. As soon as Home is available, realistically none of the competitive players will need to breed anything or catch raids anymore for HAs (speaking of which, did anyone find the "battle ready" npc, if that's even a thing in gen 9?)
DLCs are also very likely to bring forward more QoL, i fully expect stuff like Ability Patch easier to get for example.
A facility of some kind, be it an actual facility, or some more elaborate "do this for legendaries" like Dynamax Adventures, is very likely to happen, maybe two of them, simply because it is in their interest that people keep playing the game so that all the dumb kids the less adept players are able to actually win the 7 star event raids while being carried by the actually good players.

Reactions: ong
Honestly, if it was well-executed enough for me to be able to rationalize it as Battle Frontier Simulator 2023 with main story DLC, I'd probably be eager to pay for the whole package.

Why would Toedscruel not be able to use Rage Powder? Even if Mycelium Might were to give status moves 1 less priority, you still end up with increased priority. But all abilities that affect priority mention it directly in their description, so I reckon it works like Sableye's Stall and just puts you last in your current priority bracket.
Is this how you think it works? I interpreted it as meaning status was all negative priority. But I guess maybe just a -1 makes sense, in which case it's not too bad. That'll just make 0 priority Moves negative. Maybe we can have somebody test it out?
I believe the exact opposite. The obvious, clear-as-day intent for this line was to be a spore user that 1) isn’t shit and 2) is fast. But since fast spore is game breaking (especially in singleplayer) they added an ability to make that not possible. It’s a pretty good solution to an obvious problem.
Not following the line of thought here. We want to make a fast Spore user that isn't fast? Brilliant, I guess. :totodiLUL:

You’ve asked about thigh highs like 3-4 times. I’m getting really sus
Look, I'd like to check for this one, but my friend who actually has the ROM refuses to set foot in the clothing shops cause he says he has a dignity and I can't actually disagree too much with him on this subject :tymp:

nevermind the fact that as soon as I actually have the game i'll rush the first pink set i can find

Not following the line of thought here. We want to make a fast Spore user that isn't fast? Brilliant, I guess. :totodiLUL:
I think they wanted to make a fast grass type that also has Spore without making it overpowered.

Which is understandable as Sleep is VERY powerful even in VGC.
Honestly i am kinda ok with their solution there. Not ideal, but workable.

Right now, the game kinda lacks a postgame. As soon as Home is available, realistically none of the competitive players will need to breed anything or catch raids anymore for HAs (speaking of which, did anyone find the "battle ready" npc, if that's even a thing in gen 9?)
Without playing the game I kinda figured if moves really are being deleted upon transfer (if that happens) then there would be no need for such a thing since that's what the battle ready tag did anyway. Assuming that all we would need to do is give them a gen 9 moveset and egg move transfer (so glad it's in and better than ever) moves and they should be able to enter ranked right away.

But all of this is just a guess. I think such a npc arrived with Isle of Armour before.

Here's a question I don't think has been asked at least in the last hundred pages. Regarding size variation, do hatched pokemon sometimes come out in smaller or larger than average sizes? If not, then I presume its impossible right now to get the starters in anything but the pokedex-displayed average size?

And since all the paradox pokemon can be caught repeatedly, do they vary in size, or is that only for "normal" wild pokemon?

I think you overestimate that move in VGC. You have to run Pawmot to run it in first place, which is already enough of a detriment as is in a meta that will be absolutely full of paradoxes (expecially ancient ones as Torkoal is actually a good VGC pokemon while Pincurchin isn't).

In singles smogon sure, expecially in lower tiers I can see the move getting nuked as there Pawmot may actually be on par power level so you're not playing 5v6 just for the onetime revive (tecnically 2, but leppa berry basically means you may not even get it ever off + knock off is a thing).

But in VGC, reviving a pokemon at 50% while also basically playing 3v4 is likely far too high of a price to pay.
I think the move is being over estimated yes but I think you guys are underestimating pawmot in vgc. It's movepool is pretty solid and contains fake out. A move that is invaluable in vgc especially now that dynamaxing is gone.

Idk if revival blessing will be used much in vgc but pawmot isn't dead weight in that format

But all of this is just a guess. I think such a npc arrived with Isle of Armour before.
The battle ready was added with 1.2 (aka the IoA patch) though it wasn't actually in IoA.
You do have a good point there though. Likely isn't in the game just yet (at very least, if it isn't, it won't appear until Home compatibility I suppose)

Since I am still cautiously confident that the movesets will be kept due to SV being a one-way trip anyway (like all forward-gen transfers so far), I'm also somewhat convinced that the NPC will be back if it isn't in the game right now.
I think the move is being over estimated yes but I think you guys are underestimating pawmot in vgc. It's movepool is pretty solid and contains fake out. A move that is invaluable in vgc especially now that dynamaxing is gone.

Idk if revival blessing will be used much in vgc but pawmot isn't dead weight in that format
Yeah it has fake out but so do much better pokemon...

Then again heh, it's not like I'd mind being wrong on that regard, pikaclones actually seeing usage are quite rare.

As soon as I get the game/Showdown gets updated for Gen 9 I will try to make broken combos in S&V Ubers, OU, UU, RU, Etc. I really hope Tera Blast is Mega Launcher Boosted. Also, Koraidon's Title (i.e Zacian and Zazamenta's Names as The Hero of many Battles) is Guardian of Paradise. Keep this in mind. Also, The Pokemon S&V Copyright is from 2008.

Forgive me if this has already been answered. Does the sub that Cyclizar creates with Shed tail have 50% of its HP? Or is it a standard 25% HP sub with an additional 25% HP cost for switching out?

I believe it. The Toedscruel line was poorly conceptualized. I mean, Toedscruel has Rage Powder which it can't even use. Seems pretty clear that they made Toedscruel without considering what that would mean, then slapped Mycelium Might on it as an patch job because someone realized Spore might be oppressive on a 100 speed stat.
You’d expect that because they were regional fakes, they’d have their own statlines to abuse. Even most regional forms change up the stats.

Man. Centro really is the Gamesradar or whatever of Pokemon leaks, huh? Just lurking around forums and stuff and posting the top threads as "news articles"
Man, I get credit for leaks being a little weird, like I feel you should give a shout-out to the discovering party, but whatever.

But stealing the off hand joke you made? And reframing it so it’s less funny and partially conveying misinformation!? Dude, what the fuck, that’s low.

Centro, we know you’re in here. Maybe let the gas off the twitter big numbers game a little. You’re poorly parroting Fortnite jokes what are you doing?

I’m sure it works for other people, but it’s really antithetical to how I play mons.

I invest a lot of time into raising and ribboning a single mon. I rarely catch mons unless it’s for breeding purposes (and those are either boxed or discarded due to limited space). For me, it’s all about the journey.

Legends fundamental game loop is literally all about catching more and more mons until you collapse Hisuis ecosystem into a black hole. That’s just not appealing to me at all. For some people that works, but not for me. And that’s perfectly alright, different strokes for different folks and all. But it’s why I didn’t pick up the game.

I will have to pick up the game however, since I can’t really trade someone 200 Pokémon to just get a ribbon for me. But that’s probably going to be the upper limit for me. Hopefully the second hand prices are nice and low now lol.
As someone who doesn't even battle wild mons in recent games because GF can't make a level curve that just works and likes the games depending on the quality of the major battles, I recommend you to just try it out.

The gameplay loop feels super natural and immersive. The whole game just works. It's really fun.

The exploration phase of it is also the closest one to SV's for logical reasons, so if you don't like that, you should keep that in mind. Can't you just try to rent or borrow it?

Crap, you found out my Slowking cosplay

To be fair you don't need to go that far and if you loot all the random things from the ground you may end up with one or two of these without even trying.
Incidentally I havent found any Dusk stone though... rip my Honchkrow hop-- ah I can just catch a wild one anyway.

To be fair, I actually see that as a realistic option and not just regular COPIUM.

Like, maybe not a fully fledged battle tree or mansion or whatever, but something a bit simpler like Restricted Sparring.

Speaking from ""logic""...
DLCs are also very likely to bring forward more QoL, i fully expect stuff like Ability Patch easier to get for example.
A facility of some kind, be it an actual facility, or some more elaborate "do this for legendaries" like Dynamax Adventures, is very likely to happen, maybe two of them, simply because it is in their interest that people keep playing the game so that all the dumb kids the less adept players are able to actually win the 7 star event raids while being carried by the actually good players.
The realistic expectation is closer to Restricted Sparring and Galar Star Tournament than a full-fledged Frontier.

However, Khu hinted at a PkHex-like feature in the DLC.

Realistically, that's not going to move the needle for anyone that isn't a VGC player, and there's no reason to use it in-game if there isn't any kind of facility to work on.

I've said it before BDSP, but historically, Frontiers have been added in 3rd versions because there was extra dev time for them with the main game out of the way.

The lack of a Battle Tower and any other facility, otherwise a staple even in obviously rushed games like SwSh and XY, could mean that they're saving a Frontier for DLC to compensate and also as a big marketing point.

There's only so much a game that already has 3 storylines can market with a fourth as DLC unless there are loose ends in the base game. Of course, there will be some story content, it's just not as impactful marketing-wise.

If they truly want to push VGC as an eSport, they gotta start working on getting people to play mons at a higher level and work on their presentation.
That's why I think the grand return of the Frontier would help them move towards that. Those dusty city squares ain't gonna cut it for VS mode. :totodiLUL:

Also, I really wanna see people put their money where their mouth is. If people want to show that the Frontier crowd ain't a minority, the DLC numbers would be a direct reflection of that with it as the main selling point of a DLC pack. :mehowth:

With competitive mons being actually accessible instead of locked behind all kinds of clunky mechanics like in Gen 3, it'll be interesting to see how they turn out.

They change the stats slighty if anything. Tentacruel but shroom would have far higher stat total than the other fungii no matter what.

Also, what the hell Tentacool is not in the game despite a lookalike being in? I guess we may even be getting new species in pre-DLC patches at this rate.

Remember how Galarian Slowpoke was added in a promo patch that didn't even include the rest of the Slow family?

Yeah it has fake out but so do much better pokemon...

Then again heh, it's not like I'd mind being wrong on that regard, pikaclones actually seeing usage are quite rare.
On the topic of pikaclones we might relive 2016 because pachirisu is one of 3 mons with follow me now and has an electric immunity which could come into play once regieleki returns.

But as you mentioned fake out wise we do have better options.

grimsnarl: now has the coveted parting shot and fake out combo.

Sableye: fake out, prankster quash, prankster will-o-wisp (which is even more useful now considering the death of boiling water)

Salazzle: poison gas corrosion.

Indeedee: our only fake out follow me combo.

Iron hands: stronk

Tinkaton: knock off and a nuke move. Also has helping hand or the potential to run a decent assault vest utility set.

Hariyama: knock off, fake out and coverage for days.

Gothitelle: probably our tankiest user. However it did lose its biggest niche of ally switch from the previous games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)