SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'd be curious of why you think they are "dumb" to be fair.

Judging by how they look, the themes are pretty clear:
Prehistoric paradox pokemon are designed to be primordial, monstrous versions of the pokemon
Future paradox pokemon are designed to look robotic and artificial, potentially with a forced integration of metallic parts in their body.

You could say it's kinda stereotypical, which well, fair, they succeed in same way of the Ultrabeasts succeed in their design: they look unnatural. Appropriate for "paradoxes".

Ofc I'll be looking forward to what the actual fuck is going on with them in first place, since the design only makes sense if their lore also does. Are they from a future where life doesn't exist as we know it and everything has become made of machine parts? Are them a time paradox caused by some sort of infection?
You know that episode of SpongeBob where Squidward gets a time machine? That's what I feel like with the designs. They're both stereotypical yes, but past designs have more to offer imo: they looked like rugged monsters/cavemen while "everything is chrome in the future".

You know that episode of SpongeBob where Squidward gets a time machine? That's what I feel like with the designs. They're both stereotypical yes, but past designs have more to offer imo: they looked like rugged monsters/cavemen while "everything is chrome in the future".
Understandable, I'll give same answer I gave to Gliwick though: as long as the explanation behind them is fine, I don't think that "X, but robot" is a bad design.

I think it's in general kinda difficult to imagine a "futuristic" view of a pokemon compared to a primordial one. It's easy to design monstrous versions, but living entities don't just magically become made of metal. Ok they do sometimes, but in this case, I struggle to see how "creative" you can really get.
Some are interesting, like Donphan basically developing a metal armor, Gallade basically becoming some sort of robogardellade, Volcarona basically becoming a robot itself... some other *do* feel uninspired like basically mechaTyranitar, but as I said... as long as they provide a reasonable explanation for it, i'm fine with this design.

Zetalz

Expect nothing, deliver less
is a Pre-Contributor
Pretty much all of the ancient forms, bar like Misdreavus, shake up their original designs and add more varied design elements than the future forms do. Gallade is really the only stand out trying to do something new while the others have robotic coats of paint. Ancient forms get really fucking weird and out there, radically altering the looks of some of these mons. At the end of the day it really comes down to what you value more, consistent and uniform aesthetics, or chaotic but more creative designs. I personally find myself on the latter end of that, none of the future mons bar Gallade evoke as strong of a reaction that the ancient forms do.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
By the way, do we have any knowledge on what the shared paradox ability actually does? I’ve seen it shared around but never seen an actual description or a source.
Not as of yet as far as I know. All four of those abilities are still TBD.

Please let me know when someone gets a nose onto "proper" Mines rather than this drip fed power trip bullshit. It's cool to see what you're handing out, but just get it over with.

Please let me know when someone gets a nose onto "proper" Mines rather than this drip fed power trip bullshit. It's cool to see what you're handing out, but just get it over with.
This has been bugging me this whole leak season. The fact that Kaka had actual pictures of the starters and cropped them into oblivion, the fact that Khu refuses to give straight info 90% of the time, the 4chan Intro leaker who spammed us with the first 30 seconds of the game, then apparently ceased to exist afterwards.

I'm loving the leaks of today/yesterday, but you have to wonder why the current leaker decided to... you know... stop leaking for no actual reason. If they have the ability to dump the stats and abilities, then they could easily do the same for the rest of the Dex in 5 minutes, but just... choose to disappear every few hours?

From Pokemon Infinite Fusion...
View attachment 463591View attachment 463594
The leak was known for a while now, so it could have influenced the custom made Gardevoir/Gallade fusion, but it's funny how accurate this one turned out, even its stat spread seems somewhat likely.
1667990094778.png

Its stat spread really did turned out somewhat accurate, though it's weakest stat being Sp.Def in exchange for high Speed and alright Defense is a very pleasant surprise.

View attachment 463620
Its stat spread really did turned out somewhat accurate, though it's weakest stat being Sp.Def in exchange for high Speed and alright Defense is a very pleasant surprise.
To be honest... I'll take the glass cannon here. Plus fairy/fighting is a very good offensive typing, very hard to even just wall the stabs other than by poison typing (and i'll be surprised if this thing doesnt get psychic or earthquake or even both).

I'm loving the leaks of today/yesterday, but you have to wonder why the current leaker decided to... you know... stop leaking for no actual reason. If they have the ability to dump the stats and abilities, then they could easily do the same for the rest of the Dex in 5 minutes, but just... choose to disappear every few hours?
I don't know about the spreadsheet guy, but for the one posting screenshots of the dex images I have an idea. Given that they're posting images from the dex and we know from how we only have mini-sprites for the Quaxly line, it's likely that the leaker is literally just playing through both games and has to catch/evolve the Pokémon to post them.

Alternatively maybe it's just because it's late and they went to bed.

I don't know about the spreadsheet guy, but for the one posting screenshots of the dex images I have an idea. Given that they're posting images from the dex and we know from how we only have mini-sprites for the Quaxly line, it's likely that the leaker is literally just playing through both games and has to catch/evolve the Pokémon to post them.

Alternatively maybe it's just because it's late and they went to bed.
I agree with this point, yeah. The spreadsheet guy is probably doing an ego trip thing, but the dex screenshots is 100% someone just playing through the game normally who happened to leak it. That’s why all of the mons so far have been fairly early on/first stages.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I think it's in general kinda difficult to imagine a "futuristic" view of a pokemon compared to a primordial one. It's easy to design monstrous versions, but living entities don't just magically become made of metal. Ok they do sometimes, but in this case, I struggle to see how "creative" you can really get.
It's easier when you think of how IRL evolution works, and how we predict some animals/scenarios to happen in the future. Galarian Corsola is a perfect example of "future" Corsola, unfortunately. A Paradox Corsola would just get a coat of chrome.

How can a billion dollar company have such a terrible PR and marketing department?The game went from looking like a 5/10 to something i actually want to buy in a single night of leaks.
Almost all the new mons look rad,that new quagsire evo might be my new favorite,its too cute.
The only bad one so far its lechonks evo,but this might be one of the best pokedex so far.

Paradox Pokemon are going to shake the meta so hard. That's 14 570-590 BST Pokemon introduced to the meta. Pretty sure no other gen had this, except for Alola with UBs I guess
Actually, I looked it up out of curiousity, number of non-uber (at the time of the gen) Pokemon with 570+ BST:

Gen 1: 6 (Exeggutor, Gyarados, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Dragonite) (counting Special stat twice)
Gen 2: 4 (Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Tyranitar)
Gen 3: 6 (Jirachi, Metagross, Regice, Regirock, Registeel, Salamence)
Gen 4: 6 (Azelf, Cresselia, Heatran, Mesprit, Shaymin, Uxie)
Gen 5: 11 (Cobalion, Hydreigon, Keldeo, Kyurem, Landorus-Therian, Meloetta, Terrakion, Thundurus-Therian, Tornadus, Victini, Virizion)
Gen 6: 35 (5 w/o megas) (Abomasnow-Mega, Aerodactyl-Mega, Aggron-Mega, Alakazam-Mega, Altaria-Mega, Ampharos-Mega, Blastoise-Mega, Charizard-Mega-X, Charizard-Mega-Y, Diancie, Gallade-Mega, Garchomp-Mega, Gardevoir-Mega, Glalie-Mega, Goodra, Gyarados-Mega, Heracross-Mega, Hoopa, Houndoom-Mega, Latias-Mega, Latios-Mega, Lopunny-Mega, Manectric-Mega, Metagross-Mega, Pidgeot-Mega, Pinsir-Mega, Sceptile-Mega, Scizor-Mega, Slowbro-Mega, Steelix-Mega, Swampert-Mega, Tyranitar-Mega, Venusaur-Mega, Volcanion, Zygarde)
Gen 7: 18 (Blacephalon, Buzzwole, Celesteela, Greninja-Ash, Guzzlord, Kartana, Kommo-o, Magearna, Necrozma, Nihilego, Silvally, Stakataka, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Xurkitree, Zeraora) (no Melmetal since it wasn't available in SM)
Gen 8: 9 (Articuno-Galar, Dragapult, Glastrier, Melmetal, Moltres-Galar, Regidrago, Regieleki, Zapdos-Galar, Zarude)
(didn't count Slaking, Regigigas and Wishiwashi because of detrimental ability)

Hisui has 2 (Goodra-Hisui and Enamorus) but they haven't been introduced in official meta yet, and Gen 9 has 14 Paradoxes + 4 minor legendaries + 1 pseudo so far

edit: couple of fixes in the list

Last edited:
How can a billion dollar company have such a terrible PR and marketing department?The game went from looking like a 5/10 to something i actually want to buy in a single night of leaks.
Almost all the new mons look rad,that new quagsire evo might be my new favorite,its too cute.
The only bad one so far its lechonks evo,but this might be one of the best pokedex so far.
They know most people watching trailers intend to buy the game anyway. So their marketing strategy is based around underpromising and over delivering. It’s a way of preventing something like what happened during swsh to happen again.

They know most people watching trailers intend to buy the game anyway. So their marketing strategy is based around underpromising and over delivering. It’s a way of preventing something like what happened during swsh to happen again.
Heh, reminds me of when they complained that they shown too much of the pokedex and so they decided to show almost nothing in gen 8 and 9.

I guess in a sense they learn from their mistakes, albeith often overreacting in the opposite direction.

Actually, I looked it up out of curiousity, number of non-uber (at the time of the gen) Pokemon with 570+ BST:

Gen 1: 3 (Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres)
Gen 2: 4 (Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Tyranitar)
Gen 3: 6 (Jirachi, Metagross, Regice, Regirock, Registeel, Salamence)
Gen 4: 6 (Azelf, Cresselia, Heatran, Mesprit, Shaymin, Uxie)
Gen 5: 11 (Cobalion, Hydreigon, Keldeo, Kyurem, Landorus-Therian, Meloetta, Terrakion, Thundurus-Therian, Tornadus, Victini, Virizion)
Gen 6: 36 (5 w/o megas) (Abomasnow-Mega, Aerodactyl-Mega, Aggron-Mega, Alakazam-Mega, Altaria-Mega, Ampharos-Mega, Blastoise-Mega, Charizard-Mega-X, Charizard-Mega-Y, Diancie, Gallade-Mega, Garchomp-Mega, Gardevoir-Mega, Glalie-Mega, Goodra, Gyarados-Mega, Heracross-Mega, Hoopa, Houndoom-Mega, Latias-Mega, Latios-Mega, Lopunny-Mega, Manectric-Mega, Metagross-Mega, Pidgeot-Mega, Pinsir-Mega, Rayquaza-Mega, Sceptile-Mega, Scizor-Mega, Slowbro-Mega, Steelix-Mega, Swampert-Mega, Tyranitar-Mega, Venusaur-Mega, Volcanion, Zygarde)
Gen 7: 17 (Celesteela, Greninja-Ash, Guzzlord, Kartana, Kommo-o, Magearna, Melmetal, Necrozma, Nihilego, Silvally, Stakataka, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Xurkitree, Zeraora)
Gen 8: 7 (Articuno-Galar, Glastrier, Moltres-Galar, Regidrago, Regieleki, Zapdos-Galar, Zarude)
(didn't count Slaking, Regigigas and Wishiwashi because of detrimental ability)

Hisui has 2 (Goodra-Hisui and Enamorus) but they haven't been introduced in official meta yet, and Gen 9 has 14 Paradoxes + 4 minor legendaries + 1 pseudo so far
You forgot Dragonite

It's easier when you think of how IRL evolution works, and how we predict some animals/scenarios to happen in the future. Galarian Corsola is a perfect example of "future" Corsola, unfortunately. A Paradox Corsola would just get a coat of chrome.
Fellas, they're paradoxes—creatures from a past that never happened and a future that will never be. Evolution's got nothing to do with it. They're chrome automatons because they're meant to be improbable or even impossible within the timeline as we understand it. Whether they successfully communicate that point is up for debate, but ideally there isn't a roadmap between our present and these living middle fingers to causality.

Fellas, they're paradoxes—creatures from a past that never happened and a future that will never be. Evolution's got nothing to do with it. They're chrome automatons because they're meant to be improbable or even impossible within the timeline as we understand it. Whether they successfully communicate that point is up for debate, but ideally there isn't a roadmap between our present and these living middle fingers to causality.
That is kinda the point i was trying to make: since they aren't meant to be logical, and we assume they're meant to be from "a future that will not/should not happen", I don't see a issue with "X but robot" design.

RoiDadadou

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded.
is a Pre-Contributor
So we're left with "the leakers said so," which doesn't mean jack in the face of "Electric Mouse Pokémon with beady eyes and static cheek sacs."

Also, thank you for the spreadsheet. It was a lifesaver in the PLA cycle, and it's awesome to see you're on top of SV already.
Lmao, just woke up. Gonna grind the new infos on the doc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)