Resource Scarlet & Violet BSS Discussion

I've seen the middle 3 you mentioned, in just my few games. Those 3 are usually less trouble for me(like none I think...) But the pult/Corv oof

Yea Arboliva is cool. In theory she sets up Drif cause grassy seed, in reality she sometimes wins alone. Strength Sap is my theme across 3 teams.

Anyone have good EVs on Dondozo? Thinking max Atk. Max HP seems bad w/ that small SpD and huge hp, go max SpD 4 HP?

I use rock Arboliva for 3 of the weaknesses(already have a ghost and a psychic, why I'm not ghost.) But w/o that or similar Arboliva surely hates Torch song.

I stopped a non DD(DD would be np, just woulda had to switch) DNite with Arb, also WP TTar(Negative Spe nature w/ low iv or it woulda ohkod after switch in.)

Mostly seen dondozo with max hp+def with grass tera used purely as a defensive wall. Seen rocky helmet/leftovers for the held item and sets like yawn/protect/earthquake/curse or rest/sleeptalk/yawn/fissure (yikes). You can't kill that thing without a special attacker or banded meowscarada

Mostly seen dondozo with max hp+def with grass tera used purely as a defensive wall. Seen rocky helmet/leftovers for the held item and sets like yawn/protect/earthquake/curse or rest/sleeptalk/yawn/fissure (yikes). You can't kill that thing without a special attacker or banded meowscarada
Darn I already evod Atk. Any idea what other EVs? It looks like some HP some def would be ok, though it'd take a while to calc how much. Maybe best to do lazy max HP...

Liquidation. I could lower EVs actually, but I want to try using the Atk EVs. Is recover 3 attacks bad? I'll teach curse then. I'm going to have yawn also.

Edit: doing great, only lost one of 7 or 8 and wins have tended not to be close at all. Alomomola is amazing, I thought AV might be a little wonky, but it's awesome w/ fire Tera(poor set up volc who couldn't touch me even in my own grassy terrain lol.) Just could use a replacement for Espathra, unsure of what would be good.

Last edited:
I know my team is mostly made of the shinies that I've found without any real effort put into teambuilding, but man, I feel like I'm getting absolutely rolled by nearly every team I come across. Right now I've got Glimmora, Maushold, Dondozo, Gholdengo, Espathra, and Meowscarada. Obviously Glimmora hazards don't do a whole lot in a 3v3 format and Maushold is super easy to play around. Any suggestions for what I can swap them for that will work better in BSS?
The only thing I care about is not using any past gen pokemon. I hate the idea of training up a mon that I've probably already trained in a previous game

I know my team is mostly made of the shinies that I've found without any real effort put into teambuilding, but man, I feel like I'm getting absolutely rolled by nearly every team I come across. Right now I've got Glimmora, Maushold, Dondozo, Gholdengo, Espathra, and Meowscarada. Obviously Glimmora hazards don't do a whole lot in a 3v3 format and Maushold is super easy to play around. Any suggestions for what I can swap them for that will work better in BSS?
The only thing I care about is not using any past gen pokemon. I hate the idea of training up a mon that I've probably already trained in a previous game
Hm you have no fire? Perhaps Skeledirge for one anyway. Is it Spe boost Espathra? I like that Mon but had to replace mine unfortunately. Maybe Baxcalibur.

Hm you have no fire? Perhaps Skeledirge for one anyway. Is it Spe boost Espathra? I like that Mon but had to replace mine unfortunately. Maybe Baxcalibur.
Thanks, I bred up a Skeledirge and its certainly helping a lot. I'm having some trouble with 2 pokes in particular though. Cloyster and Wash Rotom absolutely run through me.
I swear I've seen like 5 different tera types run on cloyster at this point, and its always the one I don't have an answer to in the game. Rotom obviously the team just can't switch into and really struggles with if even if I do manage to get in safely.

Thanks, I bred up a Skeledirge and its certainly helping a lot. I'm having some trouble with 2 pokes in particular though. Cloyster and Wash Rotom absolutely run through me.
I swear I've seen like 5 different tera types run on cloyster at this point, and its always the one I don't have an answer to in the game. Rotom obviously the team just can't switch into and really struggles with if even if I do manage to get in safely.
Well, one Mon that's gotten me through a lot is AV Alomomola, but you wanted new mons. It can mirror coat rotom-w, but you'd need electric Tera or w/r for clouster, not fire like me.

When ruins are allowed maybe Wo-Chien? Idk.

Tinkaton takes the multi hit moves of Cloyster and learns skitter snack to lower Rotom SpA. If you don't need a type of SE Tera blast, I'd go steel Tera on w/e you run, for Cloyster.

I'm not ready up on paradoxes, mainly past, since they are banned too atm. Maybe one of those.

Edit: still eel Tera on a strong.drain Mon walls Cloyster 100%. But it's have to be gasto probably.

Last edited:
What kind of sets are we seeing for Garganacl? What's the most braindead easy one to slot into your team? I am seeing that there are sets where you boost DEF and sets where you boost SpDEF, I assume the former is for body press shenanigans though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)