Resource Scarlet & Violet BSS Discussion

DerpySuX

I’ll encourage ya smile, I’d expect you don’t cry
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Well disregard my entire month of analyzing the PS meta because half of the shit we spent our time building and planning around is banned! What an awesome move by game freak to introduce a metagame with bans and only tell us about it a day before the ladder launches! It’s not like any of us spent our entire month putting teams together that we can’t fucking use anymore, no not at all!

I wasn't expecting the all the paradoxes to be banned. This is going to buff a lot of walls in the meta like Garganacl, Dondozo, and Corviknight. I especially have a really hard time with Garga if I'm caught without a taunt.

Can someone confirm in-game if the Charizard, Galarian Meowth, and Johtonian Wooper lines are actually banned or not? I've heard some conflicting information.
Charizard at least does not appear at all. Galarian Meowth and Johtonian Wooper do not appear but their Paldean/Kanto forms do, so it's possible they just didn't have the extra dex entry.

Well disregard my entire month of analyzing the PS meta because half of the shit we spent our time building and planning around is banned! What an awesome move by game freak to introduce a metagame with bans and only tell us about it a day before the ladder launches! It’s not like any of us spent our entire month putting teams together that we can’t fucking use anymore, no not at all!
If I am not mistaken, they did the same to the Ultra Beasts in Sun and Moon. So I am not really surprised by this.
Can someone confirm in-game if the Charizard, Galarian Meowth, and Johtonian Wooper lines are actually banned or not? I've heard some conflicting information.
Anytime a format is "X Pokedex" it means the Pokemon must have a data entry within that regions Pokedex too qualify, unless specifications are made like with Paradox Pokemon or Legendaries. In SwSH, Cofagrigus and Unovan Yamask were banned even though they were obtainable in the Galar Dex tourney because they did not have dex entries.

I've been having fun with tera normal boomburst punk rock Toxtricity combined with bulky partners like Garganacl; it isn't the best thing out there, but absolutely wiping something off the face of the earth with that much normal damage brings a smile to my face

Pdx mons are banned but no the titans from this or other gens. Normalbandnite can tear apart mons with his extremely powerful ES. Scarf baxcalibur can outspeed all the meta and hit hard with his 120 dragon moves, cover with ice, terablast, steel or psychick moves.

Gyarados is in, garchomp, ttar, salamence... I think it will be so much dragons in the meta that mons like weavile would be staple in ho teams for his ice shard. Plus, weavile has no competition in its fast ice role (bye chien).

Other mons I find interesting for this meta. Palafin, he is banned in smogon, but not here. Use him, really.
Garganacl, corviknight, dodonzo can wall the above mons.
Gallade, a surprise with his new ability in sharpness and lots of moves.
Annihilape, bulky, tauros forms, can be surprisingly powerful with his wave crash move. Too many fights and dragons is asking for a fairy! Not so much to choose but meowscarade can learn play rough.

DerpySuX

I’ll encourage ya smile, I’d expect you don’t cry
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I find it best to think of Meowscarada as more of a cleaner that can kind of wallbreak, rather than a dedicated wallbreaker. You wanna soften things up with knock off, pivot your breakers and stuff in with u-turn and pick stuff off with flower trick when you can. Flower Trick is a very good move, yes, but remember that it’s only one move, and you should be using the other three moves you have in concert with flower trick to open holes and eventually allow you to clean up. I’ve broken many stall teams with Meow, it’s just a matter of making sure you use it wisely and have the proper teammates to support it.

Pdx mons are banned but no the titans from this or other gens. Normalbandnite can tear apart mons with his extremely powerful ES. Scarf baxcalibur can outspeed all the meta and hit hard with his 120 dragon moves, cover with ice, terablast, steel or psychick moves.

Gyarados is in, garchomp, ttar, salamence... I think it will be so much dragons in the meta that mons like weavile would be staple in ho teams for his ice shard. Plus, weavile has no competition in its fast ice role (bye chien).

Other mons I find interesting for this meta. Palafin, he is banned in smogon, but not here. Use him, really.
Garganacl, corviknight, dodonzo can wall the above mons.
Gallade, a surprise with his new ability in sharpness and lots of moves.
Annihilape, bulky, tauros forms, can be surprisingly powerful with his wave crash move. Too many fights and dragons is asking for a fairy! Not so much to choose but meowscarade can learn play rough.
87 speed isn't that great of a scarf value because we're still losing to things that are base 100+ with a scarf, dance or trailblaze. Dragapult is one of the most common leads I've seen on cart and people run a scarf to kill opposing ones. Bax is still really good though.

My myriad of Strength Sap users(well, just 2. But they go together and are often brought) are doing well. But I lack good special coverage for Iron Def users(besides Garganacl.)

That's great, and good to know...I dislike ghost and am weak to Corv xp. I'm 3-1 only lol.

I didn't necessarily see those two, but I'm at least a little weak to them with the team I've used(made a 2nd.) That team is probably more effective though(the one I've used.) It's Espathra/ Arboliva/ Drifnlim/ Baxcalibur/ Alomomola/ Revavroom. Espathra and/or Revavroom can go, any ideas?

Strength Sap has been great. But the kinds of mons who set up their defense stat, besides Garganacl, can be too tough for me. Lost to Iron Def Bisharp w/o putting up any fight, couldn't Strength Sap it either(if I had brought Drifnlim that is.) I need a special attackers that isn't walled/killed as easily as Espathra. Neither that or Revavroom offer much coverage.

Last edited:
Is it more physical or special, usually? If physical, what I'd expect, it shares that with Corv so I'd know I need something w/ more Def(since you can't strength sap either of them, potentially.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)