SPOILERS! Scarlet and Violet Gameplay/Story Leaks

So, was there anything in the game, other than maybe para suicune/verizion sketches, that directly suggests the paradox mons are just imaginary? i.e., if Khu hadn't suggested it, was there any reason to suspect it wasn't just a straightforward time machine?

Like, there ate certainly a few things that stand out as odd, such as the impossibility of AI Sada/Turo and the occulture articles, but I'm not sure they would make me think "these are fantasies made real!"

So, was there anything in the game, other than maybe para suicune/verizion sketches, that directly suggests the paradox mons are just imaginary? i.e., if Khu hadn't suggested it, was there any reason to suspect it wasn't just a straightforward time machine?

Like, there ate certainly a few things that stand out as odd, such as the impossibility of AI Sada/Turo and the occulture articles, but I'm not sure they would make me think "these are fantasies made real!"
The suicune/virizion sketches are the real smoking gun for this, and likely what made Khu suggest it to begin with.
They expressly are things that do not exist but we know are going to. Even without datamine (even ignoring that there's seemingly left over information for signature moves and their placeholder slots they literally have their cries already in the game) or Khu the fact they are in the book at all, with that description. It's narratively being put under your nose for a reason because of how it stands out.

Beyond that are these oddities:
-Arven directly brings up how his parent was inspired by the book and made it a reality, followed by going "wait, uh, but they weren't brought into the world until my mom/dad made the machine.....well the book must have made them up anyway not going to think about that too hard lol!!"
-He also does this after bringing up the Disk Pokemon page, which is, again, kind of narratively on the nose here.
-Occulture is obviously an exaggerated tabloid (THE BILLION (!!!!) OLD JIGGLYPUFF ANCESTOR; literally every single Violet paradox) but even they bring up how there are no Volcarona fossils dating back to when "Slither Wing" is meant to exist
-While the articles you get to read in your version specifically paint themselves as being the same as the Scarlet/Violet, and named/cited as such, the dex entries in the other version imply that all 14 articles exist in both, just that without the backing of the Book the other 7 of them are "just" made up cryptids(ancient)/sci-fi stories (future). Flutter Mane's Violet entry in particular even states that the "ghostly pterosaur" doesn't actually bear any real resemblance to it.

Still, the fact Khu put the idea out there so far ahead of time does mean it got to percolate as 100% accepted fact. It's why I'm willing to entertain that the time machine might function in some form; the legendary's power is pretty insane as it is, after all. But even without that I think speculation would have brought up that there's something iffy about the whole affair, especially when we find the cries for the paradoxes explicitly stated to be made up by the exploration team.

The suicune/virizion sketches are the real smoking gun for this, and likely what made Khu suggest it to begin with.
They expressly are things that do not exist but we know are going to. Even without datamine (even ignoring that there's seemingly left over information for signature moves and their placeholder slots they literally have their cries already in the game) or Khu the fact they are in the book at all, with that description. It's narratively being put under your nose for a reason because of how it stands out.

Beyond that are these oddities:
-Arven directly brings up how his parent was inspired by the book and made it a reality, followed by going "wait, uh, but they weren't brought into the world until my mom/dad made the machine.....well the book must have made them up anyway not going to think about that too hard lol!!"
-He also does this after bringing up the Disk Pokemon page, which is, again, kind of narratively on the nose here.
-Occulture is obviously an exaggerated tabloid (THE BILLION (!!!!) OLD JIGGLYPUFF ANCESTOR; literally every single Violet paradox) but even they bring up how there are no Volcarona fossils dating back to when "Slither Wing" is meant to exist
-While the articles you get to read in your version specifically paint themselves as being the same as the Scarlet/Violet, and named/cited as such, the dex entries in the other version imply that all 14 articles exist in both, just that without the backing of the Book the other 7 of them are "just" made up cryptids(ancient)/sci-fi stories (future). Flutter Mane's Violet entry in particular even states that the "ghostly pterosaur" doesn't actually bear any real resemblance to it.

Still, the fact Khu put the idea out there so far ahead of time does mean it got to percolate as 100% accepted fact. It's why I'm willing to entertain that the time machine might function in some form; the legendary's power is pretty insane as it is, after all. But even without that I think speculation would have brought up that there's something iffy about the whole affair, especially when we find the cries for the paradoxes explicitly stated to be made up by the exploration team.
As far as the Volcarona Fossil thing, my interpretation was just it being exact words and an absence of information for the time span. All the Paradoxes being known from Tabloids and speculation kind of brings into question if their info is particularly trustworthy. Making up the idea that this Cryptid Mon doesn't match any fossil for a Pokemon it resembles seems like the kind of "oooooooo Mysterious" detail a tabloid would, if not make-up, try to twist into such for the readers: Maybe instead of Volcarona, it more closely resembles fossils of Larvesta, which its Physically oriented build takes after a lot more closely. Not like the average reader will have access to the reports or the fossils themselves to confirm or deny the claimed story.

I also would note the oddity that the Suicune and Virizion are the only Paradoxes specifically based on Legendary Pokemon (the Mascots are Legends but relatives to the mundane Cyclizar), so they could be fantasy creatures by virtue of being based on mons that don't have the same natural life cycle and evolutionary progression as normal creatures for the Prehistoric Paradoxes.

Bull Of Heaven

99 Pounders / 4'3" Feet
is a Pre-Contributor
Just catching up on the lore now that I've finished my first playthrough. Seems I missed a lot.

I'm on the fence about whether the time machine is real. I wouldn't put it past Game Freak to end up giving us a partial explanation that's just about as straightforward as possible. But, supposing for a moment that it isn't real, one thing I haven't seen people talking about is the shoutout in the Scarlet/Violet book to Heath's Cyclizar.

Consider what we know about Koraidon and Miraidon. They're unique among the past/future Pokemon; more powerful, and there are only two known specimens. One is friendly, and if I've understood correctly was the first Pokemon to come through the "time machine". The other is aggressive, and probably arrived shortly before the professor's death. Both resemble Cyclizar, though not as closely as the paradox Pokemon tend to resemble their inspirations.

And Cyclizar was Heath's much-appreciated partner Pokemon. Could be an in-universe coincidence and a red herring from Game Freak. Or, if the machine/Hexamon used the information in the Book to create new creatures, maybe "Cyclizar, the strong and helpful companion who carries things" was the first input it used.

I thought it was a little odd that ??raidon bonded so quickly with the player, but I brushed it off as a necessary contrivance to make the story go. But maybe something was, uh, programmed into ??raidon's personality that helped out there.

What, then, to make of the second ??raidon and its very different disposition? Well, one way or another, it feels like that one symbolically represents the professor's experiments going too far. Maybe it takes extra energy for the machine/Hexamon to create something special like a ??raidon, or maybe it knows on some level that there's only supposed to be one "Heath's Cyclizar". I'm probably going too far down the rabbit hole at this point, but it feels like in one way or another the second ??raidon's emergence represents everything truly going seriously wrong.

Yeah, I'm still on the fence, but it does kinda feel like the Cyclizar page is one more bit of evidence that things aren't as they seem.

As a latecomer to this lore, I'm not clear on why everyone refers to the "imagined" paradox mons as "Suicune" and "Virizion". They clearly look like hybrids of the respective trios, and in fact I personally see more Cobalion and Terrakion in the Violet one than Virizion. What's the deal with that?

As a latecomer to this lore, I'm not clear on why everyone refers to the "imagined" paradox mons as "Suicune" and "Virizion". They clearly look like hybrids of the respective trios, and in fact I personally see more Cobalion and Terrakion in the Violet one than Virizion. What's the deal with that?
Some of the early information leaked was a list of mons that recieved Paradox versions, which called out Suicune and Virizion specifically. The same list also denoted Slither Wing as Past Volcarona (despite pulling from Larvesta just as much) and Iron Valiant as Future Gallade (despite being a mix of Gallade-mega and Gardevoir)

Just catching up on the lore now that I've finished my first playthrough. Seems I missed a lot.

I'm on the fence about whether the time machine is real. I wouldn't put it past Game Freak to end up giving us a partial explanation that's just about as straightforward as possible. But, supposing for a moment that it isn't real, one thing I haven't seen people talking about is the shoutout in the Scarlet/Violet book to Heath's Cyclizar.

Consider what we know about Koraidon and Miraidon. They're unique among the past/future Pokemon; more powerful, and there are only two known specimens. One is friendly, and if I've understood correctly was the first Pokemon to come through the "time machine". The other is aggressive, and probably arrived shortly before the professor's death. Both resemble Cyclizar, though not as closely as the paradox Pokemon tend to resemble their inspirations.

And Cyclizar was Heath's much-appreciated partner Pokemon. Could be an in-universe coincidence and a red herring from Game Freak. Or, if the machine/Hexamon used the information in the Book to create new creatures, maybe "Cyclizar, the strong and helpful companion who carries things" was the first input it used.

I thought it was a little odd that ??raidon bonded so quickly with the player, but I brushed it off as a necessary contrivance to make the story go. But maybe something was, uh, programmed into ??raidon's personality that helped out there.

What, then, to make of the second ??raidon and its very different disposition? Well, one way or another, it feels like that one symbolically represents the professor's experiments going too far. Maybe it takes extra energy for the machine/Hexamon to create something special like a ??raidon, or maybe it knows on some level that there's only supposed to be one "Heath's Cyclizar". I'm probably going too far down the rabbit hole at this point, but it feels like in one way or another the second ??raidon's emergence represents everything truly going seriously wrong.

Yeah, I'm still on the fence, but it does kinda feel like the Cyclizar page is one more bit of evidence that things aren't as they seem.

I think they definitely feel more akin to Suicune & Virizion as a base with the other stuff modded on top of them but internally the cries are still present and they're just altered Suicune & Virizion.
Khu seemingly had access to their names at one point as well, I guess before they were placeholdered to pikachus. If he just had internal names they'd possibly be ASuicune & BVirizion but it seems like he might have seen their "proper" name as well since he teased Virizion's which is something like IRon Leaf.
I think we stumbeld on P-Suicune's name through trade marks too, and it favors the "water" aspect iirc.

Some of the early information leaked was a list of mons that recieved Paradox versions, which called out Suicune and Virizion specifically. The same list also denoted Slither Wing as Past Volcarona (despite pulling from Larvesta just as much) and Iron Valiant as Future Gallade (despite being a mix of Gallade-mega and Gardevoir)
Even in-game materials called Slither Wing a supposed Volcarona ancestor but also internally its literally A or B URGAMOSU (A = Scarlet, B= Violet, Urgamosu = a way to romanize Volcarona's japanese name), so not goign to give Khu/Kaka a hard time on that one.

Valiant imo does take more from Gallade than Gardevoir, but Khu did later say it was a mix of both (I presume once he got to see more of it in action and the cry and stuff). Though in this case the codenames take us nowhere lol Roaring Moon & Iron Valiant are just AAAAAA and BBBBBB internally.

I think they definitely feel more akin to Suicune & Virizion as a base with the other stuff modded on top of them but internally the cries are still present and they're just altered Suicune & Virizion.
Khu seemingly had access to their names at one point as well, I guess before they were placeholdered to pikachus. If he just had internal names they'd possibly be ASuicune & BVirizion but it seems like he might have seen their "proper" name as well since he teased Virizion's which is something like IRon Leaf.
I think we stumbeld on P-Suicune's name through trade marks too, and it favors the "water" aspect iirc.
Khu also recently said that “their in-game models don’t look like those sketches,” so I guess the Suicune/Virizion influences might be more prominent on the actual things.

I'm curious a bit about the decision to use the Swords of Justice/Virizion for one of the two Paradoxes compared to an option like the Birds or the Lake Pixies, or maybe the Tapus as a Totem Pole because of Keldeo's absence from the design. If this were a timeline thing with a common ancestor I'd sort of get it since Keldeo was specifically a stray mon they adopted long after the trio had been a thing for a while, but Keldeo's becoming a Sword was part of the legend and lore if this Paradox is an imagined creature instead of a future descendant/mechanical imitator.

I'm curious a bit about the decision to use the Swords of Justice/Virizion for one of the two Paradoxes compared to an option like the Birds or the Lake Pixies, or maybe the Tapus as a Totem Pole because of Keldeo's absence from the design. If this were a timeline thing with a common ancestor I'd sort of get it since Keldeo was specifically a stray mon they adopted long after the trio had been a thing for a while, but Keldeo's becoming a Sword was part of the legend and lore if this Paradox is an imagined creature instead of a future descendant/mechanical imitator.
I think it comes down to they wanted to do something more with the Swords trio. They were in SWSH with a sidequest but they were just...there, in SWSH. A comparative. footnote.
The birds just got regional forms in CT
The regi just got 2 new members of their family in CT
The lake spirits didn't get forms, but they did just get another game that put them back in the limelight as major encounters
The "other" Gen 5 trio just got a new member in Hisui (& now have a full counterpart quartet in SV)

Gen 6 didn't have a trio to begin with & they probably thought The Tapu were new enough to pass on; there's also 4 of them but unlike Keldeo they're not segregated. The fact both the swords & the beasts are more beastial quadrapeds probably also helped; they likely wanted two sets of legends that are similar enough to each other.

I mean we can only speculate, but my guess is that they wanted a distinct trio whose features were diverse enough to create a visual amalgamation of. The Tapu are an intrinsic quartet, as are the Genies of a Healthy Meta, whereas Keldeo is somewhat distanced from the Musketeers by virtue of being Mythical. The Lake trio all have the exact same design anyway aside from their head ornaments, so a fusion of them isn’t going to stand out at all. You could do the original Regi trio, I suppose, but their inorganic body plans are more similar than the Musketeers, which I dunno, might make designing a fusion trickier. I guess they could’ve also done the Kanto birds, but that lot just got new forms last gen.

For all we know they might’ve tried out several combinations and just ended up thinking the Musketeers worked best.

Also, if you need a sense of parallelism between the hybrids, the Beast trio do have their own fourth Legendary connected to their lore but unrepresented in their hybrid design: Ho-Oh. It’s not quite the same level of equation as Keldeo has to the Musketeers, but there’s at least some symmetry. :mehowth:

So I'm curious about this: did anyone notice that Arven never recognized any of the paradox mons besides the box legends? I feel this is important because its basically all but stated that Mabosstiff was attacked by a wild Paradox pokemon, yet he never calls any of them out. while the Raicunetei or Virraklion seem to be the the obvious suspects, Arven also has the book. He would have seen, read, and pointed it out to us before in the postgame scene. Is it possible the DLC will have even MORE paradoxes, with Mabosstiff's attacker being revealed?

I also want to put out a theory about the "time machine" Sada/Turo both seem to be aware of the redacted legendary and its power, using it to power their device. But did anyone else recall that 6 star raids started popping up soon after the credits rolled about? The legend is the direct source of terastalizing, so what I think is the time machine wasnt just to bring pokemon from the past or future; it was a limiter to hinder the legend's power. Understanding the Tera phenomenon is SUPER recent, literally only 10 years have passed since Sada/Turo made the breakthrough with Tera Orbs. Nobody really knows if there's any downsides or bad effects, or links to a deity of untold power. Not only that, but Sada/Turo buffed up security solely for the machine to be protected and keep running at all costs. I am not 100% sure it was out of their own greed. I think, whatever the source of terastilzing is, its starting to stir, and we just disabled the only thing keeping it in check

So I'm curious about this: did anyone notice that Arven never recognized any of the paradox mons besides the box legends? I feel this is important because its basically all but stated that Mabosstiff was attacked by a wild Paradox pokemon, yet he never calls any of them out. while the Raicunetei or Virraklion seem to be the the obvious suspects, Arven also has the book. He would have seen, read, and pointed it out to us before in the postgame scene. Is it possible the DLC will have even MORE paradoxes, with Mabosstiff's attacker being revealed?

I also want to put out a theory about the "time machine" Sada/Turo both seem to be aware of the redacted legendary and its power, using it to power their device. But did anyone else recall that 6 star raids started popping up soon after the credits rolled about? The legend is the direct source of terastalizing, so what I think is the time machine wasnt just to bring pokemon from the past or future; it was a limiter to hinder the legend's power. Understanding the Tera phenomenon is SUPER recent, literally only 10 years have passed since Sada/Turo made the breakthrough with Tera Orbs. Nobody really knows if there's any downsides or bad effects, or links to a deity of untold power. Not only that, but Sada/Turo buffed up security solely for the machine to be protected and keep running at all costs. I am not 100% sure it was out of their own greed. I think, whatever the source of terastilzing is, its starting to stir, and we just disabled the only thing keeping it in check
Oh yeah I forgot he never said which of them attacked him. It does seem like the paradox suicune/virizion would be the #1 suspect, but you're right it is weird he doesn't point them out in the book even in the post game.

On the other hand we know there's more pages in the book as it is (explicitly all of the paradoxes we know about are described and named in the book, we just don't get to read them, at minimum), so perhaps for gameplay purposes we get to read that but he just overlooked them (or they really do look just different enough?).
I can see more paradoxes happening in general though, seems like a concept worth iterating on.

And yeah Jacq outright states that the black crystals are surges from the crater of Paldea too and are super charging crystals. It's probably not fine! SO keeping the machine running to keep the Tera legend in check does seem like a possibility, though considering how the PPP talks (& how the normal AI talks about Sada/Turo's plan) it could have been coincidental. Maybe we'll find some tera research notes in the DLC

I've also been thinking about how much force the tera orbs seem to draw on, for that matter; just about every animation emphasizes that it's taking a lot to keep that ball in place. Nemona, Penny & Arven's in particular kind of looks like it hurts just to keep it steady; Nemona wears a brace mostly because she's throwing pokeballs more than anyone else but honestly long term Tera usage probably warrants it.

It's sharp contrast to Dynamaxing & Z-Moves where, aside from Light That Burns The Sky, it's fairly lightweight on the user.

Yeah, you make a good point. I think you are right, since higher star raids begin appearing later in the game and the AI battle theme has a portion of the raid theme, suggesting the two are connected. We know that the third legendary is responsible for terrastilization, so the machine being built to keep it in check make sense. I don't think the professor wanted to distort the balance of Paldea with the machine since they protected Miraidon, so they aren't entirely a mad scientis. The third legendary regaining its true power would also be a natural continuation of the story.

My theory is that the AI either misunderstood the prof or was working with the third legendary. Also I think that the room we battle them in might actually be related to the legendary somehow due to thr crystals and hexagonal pattern. Maybe it's inside their shell?

Oh yeah I forgot he never said which of them attacked him. It does seem like the paradox suicune/virizion would be the #1 suspect, but you're right it is weird he doesn't point them out in the book even in the post game.

On the other hand we know there's more pages in the book as it is (explicitly all of the paradoxes we know about are described and named in the book, we just don't get to read them, at minimum), so perhaps for gameplay purposes we get to read that but he just overlooked them (or they really do look just different enough?).
I can see more paradoxes happening in general though, seems like a concept worth iterating on.

And yeah Jacq outright states that the black crystals are surges from the crater of Paldea too and are super charging crystals. It's probably not fine! SO keeping the machine running to keep the Tera legend in check does seem like a possibility, though considering how the PPP talks (& how the normal AI talks about Sada/Turo's plan) it could have been coincidental. Maybe we'll find some tera research notes in the DLC

I've also been thinking about how much force the tera orbs seem to draw on, for that matter; just about every animation emphasizes that it's taking a lot to keep that ball in place. Nemona, Penny & Arven's in particular kind of looks like it hurts just to keep it steady; Nemona wears a brace mostly because she's throwing pokeballs more than anyone else but honestly long term Tera usage probably warrants it.

It's sharp contrast to Dynamaxing & Z-Moves where, aside from Light That Burns The Sky, it's fairly lightweight on the user.
It kind of seems like Tera is less compatible with mons its applied to compared to other super states. It manifests as an extra layer on top of a pokemon instead of integrating with/changing the body, and the lack of signature Tera usage could be interpreted as there being no mons that are exceptionally receptive to Tera energy (which would be odd if most mons were highly receptive already).

Unrelated to any of the postgame deeplore, has anyone else noticed… Ms. Raifort’s hair? There’s a strand to the left of her face that constantly… twitches. It’s very distracting.
God, yes, all the time. It's maddening.

Also I find her pendant kind of interesting. She has a marshadow hair clip and a lunala belt buckle and what I assume is an imitation Z-Ring and then uhhhh. But then she has an Articuno (?) pendant for some reason? Just seems out of place with the rest of her Alolan theming.

Kind of hope DLC adds more teacher interactions; I think they're all fun characters. Raifort in particular is a highlight, I love how JAZZED she gets about the perils...or their associated treasures i should say because she's ALL ABOUT THOSE and them being a pokemon is nice too i guess. I also like the implication that she would probably cause them to go berserk if she took control of them lol.

Also I find her pendant kind of interesting. She has a marshadow hair clip and a lunala belt buckle and what I assume is an imitation Z-Ring and then uhhhh. But then she has an Articuno (?) pendant for some reason? Just seems out of place with the rest of her Alolan theming.
Huh, I've been skipping classes all game, so I never noticed this teacher had a Marshadow hair clip.

Pokemon-Scarlet-Violet-Raifort.jpg

...I don't know whether to take a dose of hopium that this could mean Marshadow will make it in to DLC1 (of hopefully 2 or more) or to feel even more annoyed that it's not already a HOME transfer. Guess I can feel both :P

It kind of seems like Tera is less compatible with mons its applied to compared to other super states. It manifests as an extra layer on top of a pokemon instead of integrating with/changing the body, and the lack of signature Tera usage could be interpreted as there being no mons that are exceptionally receptive to Tera energy (which would be odd if most mons were highly receptive already).
Glimmora is made of (something resembling) tera crystals and Glimmet Crystals are the materials for Tera Blast, so there’s a pretty clear connection there. I imagine there’s a similar relationship to carbink/diancie coming. Also the poison typing and toxic debris is pretty interesting considering its relationship to tera crystals.
Also, terastalization completely transforms the Pokémon into a crystal (hard to tell sometimes but they actually become completely translucent) it doesn’t just add shiny stuff on top.

Last edited:
...I don't know whether to take a dose of hopium that this could mean Marshadow will make it in to DLC1 (of hopefully 2 or more) or to feel even more annoyed that it's not already a HOME transfer. Guess I can feel both :P
I'd not have any dose of hopium, there were a handful pokemon in SwSh present in in-game merchandise or attire and not in the games at all (not even in the dlcs) :P

Is Ms. Raifort as hyped about the future in Violet as she is about the past in Scarlet? Her class in Scarlet where she talks about the last 10 years with a sort of disgust for its recency caught me.

Maybe I missed this, but since Arven's parents are Sada and Turo, is one the unnamed assistant of the other in their respective journals in the Research Stations? The version you play simply makes one the more prominent professor? Arven doesn't mention his dad at all in Scarlet, I assume it's mirrored in Violet.

It's just strange. Both of his parents had to be on the research team to explain his (understandable) dismissal of family. I wonder if this will be expanded on in the DLC because Arven otherwise seems like a paradox in the timeline himself with his Mom seeking out the past and his Dad the future. Or somehow he's the child of both of the "extreme/enabled" version of his parents and the PPP isn't really a time machine at all, or at least doesn't work that way.

Unless I missed a plot point where the missing parent passed away, but I don't recall that.

Is Ms. Raifort as hyped about the future in Violet as she is about the past in Scarlet? Her class in Scarlet where she talks about the last 10 years with a sort of disgust for its recency caught me.

Maybe I missed this, but since Arven's parents are Sada and Turo, is one the unnamed assistant of the other in their respective journals in the Research Stations? The version you play simply makes one the more prominent professor? Arven doesn't mention his dad at all in Scarlet, I assume it's mirrored in Violet.

It's just strange. Both of his parents had to be on the research team to explain his (understandable) dismissal of family. I wonder if this will be expanded on in the DLC because Arven otherwise seems like a paradox in the timeline himself with his Mom seeking out the past and his Dad the future. Or somehow he's the child of both of the "extreme/enabled" version of his parents and the PPP isn't really a time machine at all, or at least doesn't work that way.

Unless I missed a plot point where the missing parent passed away, but I don't recall that.
She is the same in both versions.

A journal mentions that the other parent left early on. The assistant is implied to be the AI with the comment of "if only there were two of me".
I need more people. More time. That man walked\nout not long after the boy was born.\c\nI need another set of hands, but could they\nbe trusted? And how long would it take them to\r\neven understand? If only there were two of me.

My new assistant has intellect and technical skills\nto rival my own.\c\nA bit rigid at times, but I’ve got no serious\ncomplaints. Productivity has doubled.\c\nWe even brought in a second Koraidon via the\nmachine—though this one has proved aggressive.

I'd not have any dose of hopium, there were a handful pokemon in SwSh present in in-game merchandise or attire and not in the games at all (not even in the dlcs) :P
Oh I am going to hope so hard, but I am fully aware that whether Marshadow makes it into SV DLC / Legends Original Dragon / whatever at some point has little to nothing to do with the fact that it appears on an NPC's accessory.

Glimmora is made of (something resembling) tera crystals and Glimmet Crystals are the materials for Tera Blast, so there’s a pretty clear connection there. I imagine there’s a similar relationship to carbink/diancie coming. Also the poison typing and toxic debris is pretty interesting considering its relationship to tera crystals.
Also, terastalization completely transforms the Pokémon into a crystal (hard to tell sometimes but they actually become completely translucent) it doesn’t just add shiny stuff on top.
I was mostly basing the idea of the extra layer off the fainting animation, where the crystal shatters and it plays the regular fainting animation for the non-crystal mon underneath.

On Glimmora, Corrosion has me more concerned lorewise than Toxic Debris. After all, dangerous to everything is more worrisome than dangerous to 16/18 types.

Wonder if we're meant to read anything into Geeta. It's really fascinating how her ace is Glimmora (actively toxic and possibly tied to tera's strangeness) and how so many the gym leaders kind of just plainly dont like her. There's either direct resentment towards her or implied frustration about her that they brush aside to battle you:
-Katy is frustrated at being forced to use weaker Pokemon
-Larry is explicitly overworked (even despite being told to stop working over time) and plainly unhappy about the whole affair; I also imagine he's not thrilled with working 2 jobs in the same company lol.
-Ryme is PISSED that Greeta couldn't even face her, and she has to actively apologize for taking it out on you. And I think that level of anger is not necessarily a new thing.
-Tulip doesn't like her aura
-Grusha has a lot of resentment about being pushed out of snowboarding to focus on battling.
And hell I'm pretty sure the other leaders are also still a little annoyed at the periodic inspections or her sending you in her stead, they just focus on other aspects.

Nemona's the only major character who explicitly adores her.

I'm not even saying she's necessarily secretly evil or anything (the Glimmora could just be because its cool and fits her aesthetics, as well), but it's very unusual for a Champion to get that kind of behavior thrown towards them so I wonder if it's meant to be notable.

OH SPEAKING OF
What was up with that task that Geeta left to Nemona at the start of the game? Nemona just sidestepped the question iirc. I kind of thought maybe it was part of a leader inspection thing, and one or the other would bring it up in the post game, but nobody mentions it.
Did I miss a dialog about what that was about?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)