SM OU Scarf Bisharp balance. Tips please!

I had never used mega Sableye, and initially I wanted to make a balanced team with some stall and some good offense too. I think it’s a good starting point but it has some issues. I know a few things are a little unconventional and awkward but I like that it breaks the standard. Let me know what issues you think the team has, and know that I’ve only been playing about a month so I’m a hardcore noob

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Protect
- Knock Off

this was the starting point for the team. I had been walled by Sableye too many times so I got one of my own. Ita obviously a great staller and switch in. he’s also important to reflect hazards and lure out a defogger first Bishar

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sleep Powder
- Earthquake

pretty straightforward, tangrowth soaks up hits on offense and lasts forever. Switches well between lando for Loading up intimidates. Sleep over toxic just to try it out, may go back to toxic, but Fini makes it less doable.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Moonblast

my main special sweeper. Tapu Lele takes out Ferro in one hit, pex, m scissor (and terrain blocks bullet punch), kart, and a few others, and the damage is awesome. Medicham cant do anything to it either. This thing has the bulk to take a hit or two and mobs anything else.

Bisharp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge
- Brick Break

This is what I was excited about. Between my own rocks and magic bounce, Defog comes out and any Gyarados Or lando coming to intimidate is basically a free sd. And no one sees the scarf coming, especially lando who takes a mean knock off or iron head if it’s chipped. Great revenge killer even without pursuit trap and the speed lets it live a lot longer.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Fly
- Earthquake
Lando is a good pivot and awesome rocker. I like the defensive set better but it’s still a beast it damage. Eq kills a ton as everyone knows and fly z saves me from serp which can be an issue.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 12 SpA / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Defog
- Scald
The tank with the awesome ability. Switching terrains to block priority and and status gives a lot of control and natures madness opens up a lot for Lele and Bisharp. It walls just about everything that Sableye and tang don’t and water stab rounds off coverage for the team well

I know it isnt great buts it’s done ok for me and I’d love the tips! Thanks y’all

First off there is no way MSableye belongs here, I'd suggest MDiancie over it to fit with the structure of the rest of the team.
If you are insistent on using MSab, just go full stall, it doesn't belong in anything else, period.
:sableye-mega: => :diancie-mega:
Also why physdef tang?
You already have lando intimidate with defensive set covering you pretty well on the physical side but you lack a proper spdef wall especially now that sab is gone. Also Fini is worn down a lot without reliable recovery, so you can't sponge hits forever.
I'd say AV Tang to fix up that issue
:tangrowth: + :rocky helmet: => :tangrowth: + :assault vest:
Scarf bisharp is never a viable option, go ebelt with Knock Off/Sucker Punch/Iron Head/SR or SD
:bisharp: + :choice scarf: => :bisharp: + :expert belt:
Why is your lando offensive z-move but running a defensive set
just run defensive
tapu fini exchange 4 EVs in speed into spdef, you don't need to speed creep over finis, literally no point

Why is your lando offensive z-move but running a defensive set
just run defensive
I think you made a cool team so good job there but isn't mega sableye is the pokemon the team is built around? I don't know that replacing it with a different mon was a good idea or not. Just to let you know, defensive Z fly lando is used to take a Ice punch from mega medicham after rocks and OHKO it with the Z. Looking at the team, Mega medi have a lot of fun with it especially after replacing mega sableye.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)