Sandstorm - 1st Competive Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been on Smogon for about a month now, but I mostly focused on Gen I teams. With the upcoming release of Black and White, I've decided to work on my first modern competive team. This is my Sandstorm team I've been working for a couple weeks now. To test it, I've used a Gen IV version until I come up with a satisfactory Doryuzu.

Godzilla (Tyranitar) (M) @ Muscle Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
---
Your basic Dragon Dance Tyranitar. I send him out to get Sandstorm going, then use Dragon Dance to get his speed and attack up. Honesty, most of the time I switch out.
---
inTheZone (Magnezone) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 208 HP/48 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Magnet Rise
- Thunder
- Explosion
---
Mainly in here to counter annoying Water and Dragon types, since they tend to kill me very quickly. I wish I could come up with a better choice, since it tends to die. A lot. It rarely does anything valuable.
---
Icarus (Skarmory) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/240 Def/16 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Whirlwind
---
A basic Skarmory, who quickly puts up Stealth Rocks and Whirlwinds my opponents into them. Has helped me win several times.
---
Scizorette (Scizor) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
---
This thing is evil. She is a humble Swords Dance Scizor who uses Swords Dance, then attack. Roost is to help me to use her many times without her fainting from LifeOrb. Really useful against enemy Tyranitar.
---
Empress (Empoleon) (F) @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 12 HP/244 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Agility
- Substitute
- Surf
- Ice Beam
---
This is tied for my favorite Pokemon on this team. Empress is a SubPetaya Empoleon, use Substitute, then Agility, and Sub again until I have 25% or less health, activating Torrent and Petaya Berry at once, making Surf really powerful. Ice Beam is meant for annoying Dragons that know Fire moves. She tends to be my main attacker.
---
Lou (Lucario) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SDef
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Swords Dance
- Extremespeed
---
My other favorite Pokemon on this team. A UberPhysical Lucario, uses Swords Dance, than hits very, very hard. Saved me several times with Close Combat. Extremespeed even killed a Metagross (well, it did only have 1% health left).
---

I've got about 50/50 win record, which isn't bad for my very first competitive team in Gen IV. I'm thinking about puting Flygon in my team, but I can't figure out what to take out. Another problem is the large amount of Steel types, which leave me really vulnerable to Fire moves. The only two that aren't weak to Fire are Tyranitar and Empoleon.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
Descriptions are lacking, so you might want to add a little bit more before a mod locks it up.
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

Scarfzone over Steel Killer Zone, unless you're feeling adventurous and decide to use SubChargeSalac Magnezone...

Bug Bite > X-scissor on Scizor for the extra base power and PP with the Technician boost. It also helps with eliminating berries...on...um...Chople Berry Tyranitar? Either way, it's still better than X-scissor. You can also try Brick Break for coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)