Sand-Mix Team

I tested this team on the emulator for 3-4 hours, and i won about 80% of the battles (low rating, 1400), so I thought I could ask for an advice. It was born with the idea of a sand/gravity team, but while battling I slowly modified it and I found it works better this way. Let's start with the analysis!

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

Standard Hippowdon, nothing much to say, sets rocks and returns late in the game for sweeping. Only EQ as attacking move seems a poor choice, and I'm thinking about putting Stone Edge instead of whirlwind, which i haven't had the opportunity to use many times.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Careful Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

He's my favourite: it's not that strong but outside of Garchomp it's really difficult to wear down and does a fair amount of damage, with a good-enough coverage.

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Sucker Punch
- Stone Edge

Also here, not much to say, standard Dugtrio, usually kills 1-2 opponent's pokèmons then dies in a happy way :D

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Gravity

He's the only Gravity user who I left in the team, with Gravity i can trap Skarmory, patch up the other pokèmon's accuracy and negate levitates. Toxic is there because I often switch it in on Cloyster, and predicting switch I can inToxicate the following pokèmon.

Sableye @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Recover
- Night Shade
- Will-O-Wisp

My usual lead, gives headaches to anything and often people leaves thinking I'm gonna stall the match with it. I'm so willing to change him, but i couldn't find another good lead so suggestions are really welcomed.

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Overheat
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat

Mix-ape, can counter pretty much anything and can even absorb a few fire hits, Swords Dance is there instead of Grass Knot, which doesn't OHKO Swampert 100% of the time, while Sance + Sash and Close Combat often do.

How you may have found out I don't have a spinner nor a spinblocker nor many phazer or entry harzard setter, and I know it, but I couldn't find a way around without screwing up the team, so I'm waiting for corrections. Thank you.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello and welcome to smogon,
First of all, your descriptions are a bit lacking, they should be about 3 lines long according to the rules.

As a wall breaker in ou, rhyperior isnt too good, i recomend changing it to sd garchomp as it is stronger and faster
(swords dance, outrage/dragon claw, earthquake, firefang/fire blast)

Secondly, your team is weak to ice and grass attacks, dugtrio isnt doing much for it so replacing it with specially defensive heatran on a balloon would be better
(lava plume, toxic, roar, earth power/protect)

That magnezone set isnt effective so change it to specs with volt switch, thunderbolt, hp fire/hp ice, flash canonn

You might want to change sableye to specially defencive celebii. This will give you a great wall core
(giga drain, recover, thunder wave, baton pass)

Lastly infernape doesnt do much for your team and you need a revenge killer, so scarf keldeo is a nice replacement as it is a stronger mixnape
(hydro pump, secret sword, icy wind, hp bug/ hp ghost)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)