Samurai vs Chomper (Samurai win)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... I guess my little Agony can take care of the rest. Try to energy stall him with a Protect. Then Ice Beam the living daylights out of him and hope and pray for hax. If by any chance you're still standing, Ancientpower him for a stat boost cuz you might need it.

Protect-Ice Beam-Ancientpower

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Okay Aki, lets hope for no hax
Bullet Punch > Bullet Punch > Bullet Punch
Wow... I guess my little Agony can take care of the rest. Try to energy stall him with a Protect. Then Ice Beam the living daylights out of him and hope and pray for hax. If by any chance you're still standing, Ancientpower him for a stat boost cuz you might need it.

Protect-Ice Beam-Ancientpower
3 vs. 3 Singles
2 Day DQ
2 uses of Rest / Recover and 5 chills

Arena: A plain field with some trees surrounding the area. The soil is damp from rain, but easily diggable. Weather is slightly overcast and possiblity of rainfall during battle.

Samurai: XOA

Swinub [Swirl] (M)
Nature : Rash
HP : 2
Energy : 30
Boosts : -2 Speed
Other : None.

Chomper: XOA

Machop (Akihiko) (M)
Nature: Brave
HP: 30
Energy: 92
Boosts: None.

Round Seven Start!
Akihiko wants to get this over with, throwing a blindingly fast Bullet Punch. However, it seems that Swirl want to stall for a little longer, throwing up a Protect to prevent taking damage.

Akihiko throws a second punch, and before Swirl can react, knocks the Swinub out.
Round Seven End.

Samurai: XOX

Swinub [Swirl] (M)
Nature : Rash
HP : KO
Energy : 30
Boosts : -2 Speed

Machop (Akihiko) (M)
HP: 21
Energy: 84

Samurai sends out Pokemon
Chomper sends out actions
Samurai sends out actions.

Akihiko has a KO counter to redeem afterwards.

Maybe I'm being subbed out...
There's not much else you can do. Set up a light screen to protect yourself and then Ankle Sweep monohm to soften him up and slow him down. Hopefully Chidori can finish what you start.

Light Screen > Ankle Sweep > Ankle Sweep

Might as well put this poor, disgusting, wretched creation out of its misery. Let that sweet glorious Rain come back so show him your best Dance. Let Thunder strike down from the heavens on that poor thing. If it isn't fried to a crisp yet, give it a Charge Beam and hope for some boosts.

Rain Dance-Thunder-Charge Beam

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
Light Screen > Ankle Sweep > Ankle Sweep
Rain Dance-Thunder-Charge Beam
Samurai: XXA

Monohm [Agony] (M)
Nature : Mild
HP : 90
Energy : 100
Boosts : None.

Machop (Akihiko) (M)
HP: 21
Energy: 84

Round Eight Start!
A fresh Agony is sent into the battlefield against the tired and poisoned Akihiko. Agony seems to enjoy rainy weather very much and dances around the battlefield in a Rain Dance. Akihiko takes this opportunity to erect shining, golden walls of light to screen out Special Attacks.

Agony quickly summons a large bolt of lightning down from the rainy sky. The Thunder strikes Akihiko, but the golden walls screen out some of the damage. Akihiko takes one final action before succumbing to poison: a sweep at the Monohm's ankles. The last hit deals good damage and lowers his speed by one stage.

Round Eight End

Monohm [Agony] (M)
HP : 78
Energy : 83
Boosts : -1 Spe

Chomper: XOX

Machop (Akihiko) (M)
HP: KO
Energy: --

Field Effects:
It is now raining. It will end in four rounds.
Golden erect walls protect Chomper's team for three actions.

Monohm has a KO Counter to redeem.

Chomper sends out Pokemon
Samurai sends out actions
Chomper sends out actions.

All right, let's get this over with. Hydro Pump him back a ways, then let more Thunder drop. After, finish with another Hydro Pump.

Hydro Pump-Thunder-Hydro Pump

You're faster Chidori, so use your Swagger to confuse him before he can attack. I know it's raining, but after that I'd like you to generate as much heat as you can. Lastly, swap your strengths with Monohm so he's crippled by your overheat and you steal that Swaggeriffic confidence boost.

Swagger > Overheat > Power Swap

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
Just a note: I messed up on Toxic in the previous two rounds, but it has no effect on who dies when. Sorry.
You're my last hope, go Chidori! (Vulpix)
Chomper: XXA

Vulpix [Chidori] (F)
Nature: Naive
HP: 100
Energy: 100

A beautiful red fox is sent out of the Pokeball. Less beautiful, perhaps, five seconds afterwards. The spikes that have been absorbed into the ground suddenly spring up and deal 15 damage to Chidori. The toxins in the spikes also make Chidori badly poisoned. Lastly, the immobile rocks in the forest levitate ominously, smash Chidori for 15 damage, and settle back down. Chidori seems a bit shaken by the ordeal; will her first turn be her last?

Vulpix [Chidori] (F)
HP: 70

Hydro Pump-Thunder-Hydro Pump
Swagger > Overheat > Power Swap

Monohm [Agony] (M)
HP : 78
Boosts : -1 Spe

Vulpix [Chidori] (F)
HP: 70

Field Effects:
It is now raining. It will end in four rounds.
Golden erect walls protect Chomper's team for three actions.

Round Nine Start!
Chidori quickly starts the round by taunting the opponent into a rage. Agony takes the bait, which raises its Attack by two stages and intensely confuses it! A bit confused, Agony attempts to fire off a Hydro Pump in the general direction of Chidori, but it is too confused and hits itself in confusion. This makes Agony much more irritated than usual as the taunt and the self-inflicted hit also makes the Monohm a bit embarrassed.

Even with the rain pouring down onto the battlefield, Chidori gathers every bit of fire energy in its body in preparation for an attack. After a couple of seconds, Chidori Overheats and fires an extremely powerful stream of flames at Agony. The rain somewhat reduces the power of the flames, but a sudden wind blows the stream of flames away from Agony! (miss) Still in a blind haze of confusion, Agony is completely oblivious to the flames that miss it by an inch and attempts to call down a large peal of Thunder down from the skies. However, the poor Monohm must've gotten something wrong as it hits itself in confusion!

The Vulpix, still fuming from the miss, sees that Agony has a very nice boost in Attack. With her cunning skills, she Power Swaps her non-existent boosts away from her and obtains +2 Attack and -1 Speed! Agony, still a bit oblivious, tries to fire a Hydro Pump at the unmoving Chidori; however, it messes up again and hits itself in confusion!

At long last, Agony shakes his head and breaks free of confusion, glaring at Chidori for inflicting that dastardly status effect. Chidori herself isn't too happy either; the toxins in her immune system are starting to spread to other places, and she isn't feeling too good about it. All the while, rain continues to fall steadily.
Round Nine End.

Monohm [Agony] (M)
HP : 60

Vulpix [Chidori] (F)
HP: 67
Energy: 75
Boosts: +2 Attack, -1 Speed.

Field Effects:
It is now raining. It will end in three rounds.

Beautiful work Chidori! I think you should play on his anger to taunt him again with your Swagger. Then fire off two of your quickest quick attacks. If and only if he successfully fires off a Hydro Pump I want you to not use your Quick Attack and instead disable the move.

Swagger > Quick Attack > Quick Attack
Use Disable after a successful Hydro Pump

I feel for you Agony, this is agonizing for me too. Try and utilize your rage to the fullest extent and let lose a wicked Hydro Pump. Then stay mad, and let a Dragon Rage lose at the fox. Lastly, try to finish off Foxy Loxy with a Power Gem.

Hydro Pump-Dragon Rage-Power Gem

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
Swagger > Quick Attack > Quick Attack
Use Disable after a successful Hydro Pump
Hydro Pump-Dragon Rage-Power Gem
3 vs. 3 Singles
2 Day DQ

Arena: A plain field with some trees surrounding the area. The soil is damp from rain, but easily diggable. Weather is slightly overcast and possiblity of rainfall during battle.

Monohm [Agony] (M)
HP : 60

Vulpix [Chidori] (F)
HP: 67
Energy: 75
Boosts: +2 Attack, -1 Speed.

Field Effects:
It is now raining. It will end in three rounds.

Round Ten Start!
The rain softly falls with pitter-pattering sounds, and the dirt below the combatants gradually become soggier and soggier. Beneath the view of both trainers and Pokemon, the circle of trees absorb water as fast as they can with root tendrils, strengthening themselves as well as the dirt around them.

Agony remembers the agony of the last round. Getting taunted again is the last thing it wants. Luckily for him, Chidori is still lagging a bit from that Ankle Sweep so many rounds before, so Agony is free to fire off a Hydro Pump at the Vulpix. For once, it doesn't miss, and the blast of water continues to gain in power until it finally hits Chidori for a large amount of damage. However, Chidori quickly changes her agenda as Disables Hydro Pump. The memory of the move swiftly fades from Agony's mind.

Chidori runs towards Agony with surprising speed, Quick Attacking the Monohm before it can react. The blow glances off Agony's fluffy body, dealing a little bit of damage. More irritated than hurt by the attack, Agony responds by breathing a bit of dragon fire at Chidori known as Dragon Rage. The mystical flame travels quite a distance before hitting her for some damage; the flames didn't seem worn by the falling rain at all.

Chidori tries to pull off the same trick again by sprinting towards Agony at an extraordinary speed. The Vulplix dashes this way and that for a bit before the Quick Attack finally hits for a small chunk of damage. However, all is not well for Chidori as the electricity in Agony's fluffy wool flows into Chidori, causing the Vulpix to be paralyzed (20%)! Chidori immediately seems to get slower as she stops, unnatural twitching being visible in her muscles. Agony fires what seems to be an ancient beam of energy at the still Vulpix, causing her great agony and dealing significant damage.

The Vulpix is gravely injured; her muscles aren't responding, and her immune system is starting to fail. Agony, on the other hand, seems to be enjoying the rain and the power it grants to him. Is the outcome of this battle really as obvious as it seems, or does the fox have one last trick up her sleeve?
Round Ten End.

Monohm [Agony] (M)
HP : 49
Energy : 58

Vulpix [Chidori] (F)
HP: 14
Energy: 65
Boosts: +1 Attack

Field Effects:
It is now raining. It will end in two rounds.

Samurai's turn.

Well, well, well. This has been quite a fun first match. If this isn't the last round I will be extremely shocked. Use Dragon Rage, followed by a Thunder, and if it isn't dead yet, a Power Gem. GG and TY Pikachu for reffing.

Dragon Rage-Thunder-Power Gem

You did well Chidori. Poison will get you in two rounds so all you can really do is attack.

Quick Attack > Quick Attack > Quick Attack

Good game Samurai, thanks for reffing Pikachu

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
GG and TY Pikachu for reffing.
Dragon Rage-Thunder-Power Gem
Quick Attack > Quick Attack > Quick Attack
Good game Samurai, thanks for reffing Pikachu
3 vs. 3 Singles
2 Day DQ

Monohm [Agony] (M)

Vulpix [Chidori] (F)
HP: 14
Energy: 65
Boosts: +1 Attack

Field Effects:
It is now raining. It will end in two rounds.

Round Eleven Start!
Rain falls steadily on to the arena, and even the trees seem to be getting waterlogged. The soil has a consistency that matches the one of mud, and it's becoming quite squishy underfoot. However, that doesn't matter since this is the last round... right?

Chidori seems to have given up, as she resorts to using Quick Attacks to run back and forth around the area, hitting Agony for a microscopic piece of damage. Agony takes the hit, barely feeling anything, and summons a large peal of Thunder from the sky. It strikes Chidori extremely hard, leaving it a couple hit points from dying. Chidori stumbles across the battlefield, falling unmoving to the ground as the toxins finally get the better of her.

Chidori is unable to battle. Samurai is the winner!

Round Eleven End.

Monohm [Agony] (M)

Vulpix [Chidori] (F)
HP: KO
Energy: --

Field Effects:
It is now raining. It will end in one round.

YEAAAAAAAAAA

Samurai gets 2 Trainer Counters
--ShellShocked gets 1 MC, 1 DC, 1 EC
--Swirl gets 1 MC, 1 DC, 1 EC, 1 KOC
--Agony gets 1 MC, 1 DC, 1 EC, 2KOC

Chomper gets 2 Trainer Counters
--Ken gets 1 MC, 1 DC, 1 EC, 1 KOC
--Akihiko gets 1 MC, 1 DC, 1 EC, 1 KOC
--Chidori gets 1 MC, 1 DC, 1 EC

Engineer Pikachu gets 3 Ref Tokens :D

Thanks to all for playing, and claim your prizes here!

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So how do you think the hazard-laying impacted this battle? Was it worth it, or did Samurai get the win purely due to super-effective Hydro Pump and never-miss Thunder?

Certainly one of the more interesting battles.

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
So how do you think the hazard-laying impacted this battle? Was it worth it, or did Samurai get the win purely due to super-effective Hydro Pump and never-miss Thunder?

Certainly one of the more interesting battles.
I thought that the entry hazards was a way of a comeback for Samurai, since he essentially let himself start a battle at 2-3 with entry hazards on his side. Entry hazards certainly proved useful, but the most useful one was probably Toxic Spikes (reinforcing my point that Toxic is overpowering). Spending two actions early on in the game to lay these down gives you two rounds' worth of damage later on, which is extremely good.

I have to say, Samurai probably had the type advantage as well as the arena advantage (rain benefitted his team, and was a detriment to Chomper's). The super-effective Hydro Pump didn't actually do too much damage (a little bit over 20 iirc) when you realized that it was boosted from the Rain; I think it was more the fact that Vulpix was unable to deal damage to Monohm. The battle would've been much closer (by maybe 20 HP) if Overheat hadn't missed Monohm, since Chomper had a pretty ingenious strategy of Heart Swapping the Sp.A drop.

Overall, I think it was pretty balanced; the battle could've gone either way. Luck kind of went against Chomper throughout the entire battle (Bone Club miss, some parahax, Overheat miss), and Chomper had a definite shot of winning had those not happened. Entry hazards seem pretty balanced and their impact on the battle seems close to the magnitude of cartridge ones. I still maintain that Toxic should be nerfed a bit, though.

To be honest, I think that the entry hazards did help. Guts on Machop, I realized would be a challenge, but luck let me overcome. I mean, that's all I use Omanyte for, until I buy Shell Smash, and then he will be a frightening sweeper. If this was Switch=OK, I would have kept roaring just to rack up the damage, but I won, so I'm not complaining.

I think I had a minor team disadvantage, nothing I couldn't have overcame. Looking back I should have seen my Cubone was dead against Swinub and Perish Song'd it to get to 2v1 at the end. Hazards definitely hurt me here but that's what happens when you don't prepare for them. Samurai played a good game and when I make my team a little more solid I wouldn't mind playing him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)